white gear?

sandtrack315
Edited Date/Time 7/31/2019 1:14pm
With all the new 2020 gear coming out, I am curious who actually runs the white stuff. It looks so good new, but I imagine it's hard to keep it that way. Tips appreciated as well (except links to that weird British dude's thread).
|
Spooner
7/30/2019 5:29am
I think the best thing to do is make sure it goes right in the wash when you get home. If you let it sit very long it’s tough to get it cleaned up. Oxi clean is fine for jerseys too but don’t use it on pants other than spot treating or you’ll dry out the leather. I have the white fast boyz kit but still waiting to get the jersey printing done so I haven’t worn it yet but I’ll be working hard to keep it fresh looking.
7/30/2019 6:01am
With all the new 2020 gear coming out, I am curious who actually runs the white stuff. It looks so good new, but I imagine it's...
With all the new 2020 gear coming out, I am curious who actually runs the white stuff. It looks so good new, but I imagine it's hard to keep it that way. Tips appreciated as well (except links to that weird British dude's thread).
Glad you mentioned "local riders" in your OP. There's no way this would go right if you hadn't.

And I have no tips beyond what Spooner said.
sandtrack315
7/30/2019 6:10am
With all the new 2020 gear coming out, I am curious who actually runs the white stuff. It looks so good new, but I imagine it's...
Glad you mentioned "local riders" in your OP. There's no way this would go right if you hadn't. And I have no tips beyond what Spooner...
Glad you mentioned "local riders" in your OP. There's no way this would go right if you hadn't.

Yes, these gear sets look amazing, but hard to justify paying 300+ for a set that will look bad after 4-5 rides. I have heard oxygen based detergents work well, but you cannot use them on the pants, because of the leather.

The Shop

7/30/2019 6:16am
Glad you mentioned "local riders" in your OP. There's no way this would go right if you hadn't. And I have no tips beyond what Spooner...

Yes, these gear sets look amazing, but hard to justify paying 300+ for a set that will look bad after 4-5 rides. I have heard oxygen...
Yes, these gear sets look amazing, but hard to justify paying 300+ for a set that will look bad after 4-5 rides. I have heard oxygen based detergents work well, but you cannot use them on the pants, because of the leather.

Well it certainly has to be cooler wearing white. Maybe you can pressure wash it if it gets a stain regular washing won't remove?
7/30/2019 6:57am
I avoid white gear like the plague. Why have the hassle?
exactly my thought. I try to buy gear with as little white as possible.
Spooner
7/30/2019 7:16am
I can see if you’re a ‘buy one set of gear every year or two’ guy then yeah, whites probably not the best option. But if you’re like most riders and have a few sets then just don’t wear the stuff when it’s super muddy or if you only ride in red dirt or whatever. I’ve had a few sets over the years and it wasn’t all that hard to keep it looking good.
DL
7/30/2019 8:38am
Michael Leib in 2015. This is what helped him start Canvas MX.

mikec265
7/30/2019 9:03am
If you are physically cooler on a hot sunny day, why give a poop if it looks like you pooped your white pants? You won't notice the looks while riding.
Kinda like how I hate black rims, but while riding I don't notice or care. If you like how darker gear toasts your buns, and roasts your nuts then wear it.
sandtrack315
7/30/2019 10:10am
mikec265 wrote:
If you are physically cooler on a hot sunny day, why give a poop if it looks like you pooped your white pants? You won't notice...
If you are physically cooler on a hot sunny day, why give a poop if it looks like you pooped your white pants? You won't notice the looks while riding.
Kinda like how I hate black rims, but while riding I don't notice or care. If you like how darker gear toasts your buns, and roasts your nuts then wear it.
A+ writing style ha. I see what you mean. I might grab a white set to have on hot and dry days.
Chance1216
7/30/2019 2:39pm
The advice I can give its don't use a pressure washer like I did. Dawn dish soap and a toothbrush helps a bit while running under cold water.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
7/30/2019 2:53pm
I have the white TLD pants and can say its not that much of a hassle. All depends on the dirt your riding in, if your riding a lot of clay.. wouldn't recommend. Other then that, if your riding black dirt and sand ,its easy to wash.

Moto88
7/30/2019 3:45pm
I appreciate white gear in this Texas heat. I wash it same as my other clothes, comes out clean.
Spooner
7/31/2019 1:13pm
Webb made it look pretty good on debut weekend too.

Post a reply to: white gear?

The Latest