which crashes in SX this year would less power eliminated?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/25/2015 6:03 PM

I can't recall which ones.

There must be a bunch.

|

3/25/2015 6:05 PM

crickets..................ermm

|

MXPawPaw on Facebook

@mxpawpaw on instagram

3/25/2015 6:06 PM

Weimer needed more power. I think the whole point is that at the amateur level maybe they are going too fast.

|

3/25/2015 6:07 PM

vanillaice782 wrote:

Weimer needed more power. I think the whole point is that at the amateur level maybe they are going too fast.

So did Roczen to get over that triple on short notice...........another 100cc should have done it.

|

MXPawPaw on Facebook

@mxpawpaw on instagram

3/25/2015 6:08 PM

vanillaice782 wrote:

Have you seen the KJSC kids recently. I think some kid fell last weekend. Should be on crf50's if you ask me. whistling

|

3/25/2015 6:21 PM

vanillaice782 wrote:

Grizz wrote:

Have you seen the KJSC kids recently. I think some kid fell last weekend. Should be on crf50's if you ask me. whistling

Ha Ha .......where are all the reduced displacement police? wassat

|

MXPawPaw on Facebook

@mxpawpaw on instagram

3/25/2015 6:24 PM

I am on board with the not reducing the power mentality but the question is flawed in that if you had less power across the board, the track configurations would most likely be different eliminating the ability to make an apple for apple comparison.

|

3/25/2015 6:36 PM

vanillaice782 wrote:

Jaybird67k wrote:

So did Roczen to get over that triple on short notice...........another 100cc should have done it.

or minus 200cc he wouldn't have thought of attempting it in a clutch situation and we would have been able to see him race the last few weeks.

|

3/25/2015 6:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2015 6:53 PM

vanillaice782 wrote:

Jaybird67k wrote:

Not even 200cc wouldn't make it.
Roczen went sideways prior the ramp and it happened I guess the lap before as well.
He was a little short the lap before already I would rate it as a rider error.

Weimer couldn't go faster the Suzuki went all the way from right to middle and Weimer slowed down.

|

3/25/2015 6:55 PM

wilbur's....absolutely. Roczen would not attempted that triple on a lites bike....etc..

|

3/25/2015 7:00 PM

vanillaice782 wrote:

Jaybird67k wrote:

brocster wrote:

or minus 200cc he wouldn't have thought of attempting it in a clutch situation and we would have been able to see him race the ...more

Orrrr, the grown up professional racer could just take responsibility for his own actions instead of blaming someone else's bike motor size or track design for the bad choice he made in the "clutch" situation. Since when did we start blaming others for the choices we make as adults in a free country? Oh wait..whistling

|

3/25/2015 7:00 PM

I am not for reducing power but if it were done and people were going slower they would have more reaction time to make adjustments and possibly avoid crashes.

Seems like common sense.

|

3/25/2015 7:08 PM

Jaybird67k wrote:

brocster wrote:

or minus 200cc he wouldn't have thought of attempting it in a clutch situation and we would have been able to see him race the ...more

GoonSquad250x wrote:

Orrrr, the grown up professional racer could just take responsibility for his own actions instead of blaming someone else's ...more

Didn't see where he blamed anyone for anything that he did.

|

3/25/2015 7:19 PM

dboivin wrote:

wilbur's....absolutely. Roczen would not attempted that triple on a lites bike....etc..

I guess he would just would take another line.
I watch him racing since years, like his style of riding usually smooth but aggressive and secure.

But recently he makes some unusual mistakes.
He was just approaching the jump from the inside line and went sideways. No room for correction.
Most top 250f riders cleared that jump, with a different line.

Usually a 450 will clear it easily if you are a pro, but the slightest mistake might have consequences.

At ATL2 he tried to cut a line by jumping over the straw bales (back left corner right before the triple) and he hit it with his injured left food. Result could not finish the practice.

|

3/25/2015 7:24 PM

How do you know which ones werent? There is more to the lessening of the CCs than just pro sx.

|

Go Hawks!

3/25/2015 7:32 PM

Tell you one thing, if 450's weren't in supercross RV wouldn't have 4 straight.

|

3/25/2015 7:37 PM

ButteryWaffles wrote:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but if you are being serious, I seriously doubt the outcome would have been any different.

|

3/25/2015 7:44 PM

None, but there would have been a whole highlight reel's worth of different ones.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

3/25/2015 7:56 PM

If I buy my son a corvette and he holds it wide open til he wraps it around a tree, is it the corvette or the trees fault?

|

3/25/2015 8:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2015 8:48 PM

zehn wrote:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but if you are being serious, I seriously doubt the outcome would have been any ...more

Somewhere in the middle. Cant steer with the rear as much on a 2smoker.

|

3/25/2015 8:57 PM

I would say the "less power" argument applies more to lower level riders than top pros... C rider stops in corner and can still make the big jump, rather than needing to carry speed.

|

3/25/2015 8:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2015 8:59 PM

The tracks would be different if the bikes had less power .. imo one affects the other

|

3/25/2015 9:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2015 9:03 PM

B-EVANS wrote:

If I buy my son a corvette and he holds it wide open til he wraps it around a tree, is it the corvette or the trees fault?

Or your fault ? Again Hillbilly has a point

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

3/25/2015 9:16 PM

dboivin wrote:

And yet he did do the same thing on a 250f. Maybe if he was on an 85 he wouldnt have done it.

|

3/25/2015 9:26 PM

How about Roczen at Oakland when he came up short on the triple? He certainly thought he had the power to do it.

|

3/25/2015 9:29 PM

dboivin wrote:

I thought wil hit a false neutral, may need to mandate constant velocity trannys.

I could not think of a crash that less power would change.

You could argue whoop crashes ,but, a lot of times that power will let you get the front back up where less torque would leave you huck a buck .

|

3/25/2015 9:33 PM

GuyB wrote:

How about Roczen at Oakland when he came up short on the triple? He certainly thought he had the power to do it.

Maybe it spun up with to much power ,causing loss of forward drive .

Now,

If you are going to only look at amateur racing and 450s beening to much it will be hard to do,

Amateurs crash everything everywhere ,

|

3/25/2015 9:42 PM

ButteryWaffles wrote:

zehn wrote:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but if you are being serious, I seriously doubt the outcome would have been any ...more

ButteryWaffles wrote:

Somewhere in the middle. Cant steer with the rear as much on a 2smoker.

Oh brother! So now were going with that excuse now huh? Well that's a new one. Jesus Christ.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

3/25/2015 9:46 PM

GuyB wrote:

Nah. I can clear that on a 125. Not sure why but these topics bother me. Chad Reed said it best IMO when he mentioned Ability vs Capability. Just a bad year for accidents too.

|

3/25/2015 9:52 PM

GuyB wrote:

mw43 wrote:

Nah. I can clear that on a 125. Not sure why but these topics bother me. Chad Reed said it best IMO when he mentioned Ability ...more

Everybody knows I'd hit it in the mud,but only on a 450

|