where does the $ come from when energy drinks go away?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/20/2009 3:37 PM

where does the $ come from when energy drinks go away?

|

Check out my projects - Lukaitis Photo - NJ Motocross - The Moto Pages

For help with motorsports marketing, media, and management visit ScottLukaitis.com

11/20/2009 3:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2009 3:41 PM

Where will we get light when the sun implodes?

(I get your point, and I'm not trying to stick my head in the sand, but I guess I'm getting tired of non-stop negativity. Whether it's the economy, etc.)

|

11/20/2009 3:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 7:03 PM

|

11/20/2009 3:52 PM

Damn, I didnt see any negativity in that post Gibber. Hopefully the energy drinks hold out until we get some mainstream sponsors.

|

Douglas Furs tend to be really reserved

11/20/2009 3:55 PM

bring back the beer sponsors!!! those were the days

|

11/20/2009 3:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 7:03 PM

i think it should come from orthopedic surgeons and local emergency rooms, they are the ones receiving all our business.
or we could all go back to smoking camel cigarettes.

|

11/20/2009 3:58 PM

Camel

|

11/20/2009 4:01 PM

I remember not so long ago when a little known Parts distributor got to hang their banners all around stadiums all over the country for what, $5000.00 per event? I think they are pretty big now. Name escapes me though......

|

11/20/2009 4:03 PM

Anyone remember Conco Paint?

Bring back the Toyota Tower, the Coca Cola catapult, the Camel Supercross brought to you by Coors Light.

|

11/20/2009 4:05 PM

Wrangler

|

11/20/2009 4:06 PM

GuyB wrote:

(I get your point, and I'm not trying to stick my head in the sand, but I guess I'm getting tired of non-stop negativity. Whether it's the economy, etc.)

Pretty quick to jump on that one Steve?

Out of Red Bull?

I think it's a valid question and a pertinent one to pose on a forum. My take is that government regulation will force changes in energy ingredients to the point where they are little more than a regular soft drink (soda) with a unique flavour. This will reduce demand and hence $$. It may be a negative but the powers that be should be already planning for this outcome. cheers

|

Disclaimer - The above post is my opinion which may or may not be appropriate, relevant or accurate.

11/20/2009 4:08 PM

GuyB wrote:

laughing

Doubt we'll see energy drinks sponsors replaced for a long time. Lets see some beer sponsors back.
|

11/20/2009 4:36 PM

Beer cigs jeans oil 1800 collect and the list is long.

|

Bone or bail i got to race
It,s all about stayen on the box!
All these dudes think ya have a problem but the true problem is everyone else. Motocrossers are uptite family people!

11/20/2009 4:48 PM

i think a more relevant question is when the energy drink co. go away but "ARE the energy drink companies going away?"

I think their spending has plateau'd and the "one-upsmanship" that the big three have been engaging in is starting to settle down. Like everyone else they are carefully calculating how they spend their money. But leaving the sport completely? Not any time soon. No way.

|

11/20/2009 4:48 PM

Tell Ya What......

Given todays economy, do you really think there is a line of potential sponsors just waiting for the energy drink companies to jump ship so they can slide in????

For what it's worth, some of those folks that brought 1-800-Collect and others to the table as sponsors for our sport also brought energy drinks etc...to the sport. I'm damn thankful they did, because it has raised the sport to a level it could only dream of a few short years ago.

Sorry Gibby, this is probably a negative post too, but I am so flippin' tired of people bashing those folks trying to promote our sport.....

|

11/20/2009 5:00 PM

newmann wrote:

Anyone remember Conco Paint?

Bring back the Toyota Tower, the Coca Cola catapult, the Camel Supercross brought to you by Coors Light.

Exact names aside, I think that is the model right there. Diversify the field and bring in money both large and small.

Keep one sponsor from getting a stranglehold and it balances out the possible risk of losing that support.

|

11/20/2009 5:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2009 5:06 PM

Loose wrote:

Pretty quick to jump on that one Steve?

Out of Red Bull?

I think it's a valid question and a pertinent one to pose on a forum. My take is that government regulation will force changes in energy ingredients to the point where they are little more than a regular soft drink (soda) with a unique flavour. This will reduce demand and hence $$. It may be a negative but the powers that be should be already planning for this outcome. cheers

Nah, a case gets sent to someone in our offices (not me) every couple weeks or so. I couldn't tell you the last time I had one.

Personally? I'm an equal opportunity guy. I pretty much dislike all the energy drinks equally.

Monster Tour Water? That I like.

|

11/20/2009 5:36 PM

From somewhere else.

|

Bret Bonham

11/20/2009 5:41 PM

This is a reall reality the sport needs a backup plan for not that I think it will happen anytime soon but it COULD happen and with their (energy drinks) having such deep fingers in our sport it seems they rely too much on energy drink dollars everyone from the promoters, teams riders etc......if you were able to find the real statistics as to how much money they actually contribute you'd see the entire professional side of the sport would collapse if the money was immeditely pulled

|

11/20/2009 5:43 PM

The sun is going to implode?

|

11/20/2009 5:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2009 5:45 PM

Yeah, or go crazy. Haven't you seen 2012? Fault lines will be chasing us down major streets and dirt roads soon. Wink

|

11/20/2009 5:46 PM

Sorry Steve, it wasn't meant as negativity. It was more an attack on the government regulation thing. As it has been said before, cigarettes in and gone, beer in and gone all, because of uncle sam stepping in. I think as an industry we rely too much on a product that could easily move along and onto something else. At the moment (2009 season) there was hardly a team that didn't get sponsorship money from some type of energy drink company.

|

Check out my projects - Lukaitis Photo - NJ Motocross - The Moto Pages

For help with motorsports marketing, media, and management visit ScottLukaitis.com

11/20/2009 5:54 PM

No worries. It wouldn't surprise me to see some kind of regulation.

|

11/20/2009 5:56 PM

Maybe the moto industry should work on getting pot legalized.

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

11/20/2009 5:58 PM

GuyB wrote:

There won't be much life around when the sun implodes so it doesn't matter.

|

Best Regards,

~ J. Sloan

11/20/2009 6:04 PM

Amp'd Mobile?

|

11/20/2009 6:42 PM

The Indians man. They have all the money. Well they kinda do.

And these Indians too. With Billionaires funding the show.

Billionaire's run racing team

|

11/20/2009 7:57 PM

Coors, Camel, Tide

|

11/20/2009 8:04 PM

GuyB wrote:

No worries. It wouldn't surprise me to see some kind of regulation.

Guyb, can you tell me what year you took that photo, and was that Saddleback?...

|

Some of these posts are like reading closed caption on the cartoon channel...

Hello?..Vital?...

11/20/2009 8:06 PM

YZBooster wrote:

Coors, Camel, Tide

To those companies, this sport is a waste of time.

|