where are they now? Don Upton

kb
4/26/2020 5:01pm
There's a blast from the past...The GFI races @ Perris in the 90's were awsesome- the 125 races, not only pros
but intermediates as well were always barn burners.....Upton,Dostal, EJ Wright, the Schnell brothers, Walters,
Valdez, Hamblin, Beatty, Carlson, Huffman, Decker, Metzger, huge bunch of talent!
Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/26/2020 5:14pm
kb wrote:
There's a blast from the past...The GFI races @ Perris in the 90's were awsesome- the 125 races, not only pros but intermediates as well were...
There's a blast from the past...The GFI races @ Perris in the 90's were awsesome- the 125 races, not only pros
but intermediates as well were always barn burners.....Upton,Dostal, EJ Wright, the Schnell brothers, Walters,
Valdez, Hamblin, Beatty, Carlson, Huffman, Decker, Metzger, huge bunch of talent!
Dostal was with me in the 80cc class, man... so many memories reading all those names
flapper
4/27/2020 12:28am
Rupert X wrote:
Wasn’t he the guy that had that massive Spectacular -lengthy Supercross crash - that RJ is announcing “ don’t do this” ? Or is he the...
Wasn’t he the guy that had that massive Spectacular -lengthy Supercross crash - that RJ is announcing “ don’t do this” ? Or is he the dude that Flipped and landed on the other dudes back of seat ? Seems like I recall his name being involved in one of these ? ( unrelatedly pic)
gnarwhip wrote:
That was Trittler who bailed and landed on the back of Huffman’s bike. Huff was like wtf, stopped and let him off. Craziest thing ever
Yes that was Trittler flipping onto Huffmans bike at the Vegas SX on the jump that brought them from outside back into the stadium! Was one of the craziest things I have ever seen! Trittler also landed on the back of my bike at the Seattle SX only he was still on his bike after crossrutting or something. Somehow I stayed up but he sure ate it.
12/29/2020 9:32am
kinda digging up an old post, but i used to live down the street from his dad orvel in the early 2000’s. super cool dude and saw don a few times. non related one of my aunts dated metzger back in the mid 90s, met a lot of legends before they were legends

The Shop

STLSharky
12/29/2020 9:43am
mx295 wrote:
Just talked to Don and he wanted to say “thanks for remembering him.. He had a KNEE REPLACEMENT after the blow out. He was forced into...
Just talked to Don and he wanted to say “thanks for remembering him.. He had a KNEE REPLACEMENT after the blow out. He was forced into retirement.
but, he races mountain bikes?
captmoto
12/29/2020 11:05am
STLSharky wrote:
Well, yeah, why not?
numbers
12/29/2020 11:35am
STLSharky wrote:
captmoto wrote:
Well, yeah, why not?
The Down Hill DONKEY.
STLSharky
12/29/2020 1:29pm
STLSharky wrote:
captmoto wrote:
Well, yeah, why not?
i just meant pedaling a mountain bike should be more stressful than anything else?
cable
12/29/2020 1:47pm
kinda digging up an old post, but i used to live down the street from his dad orvel in the early 2000’s. super cool dude and...
kinda digging up an old post, but i used to live down the street from his dad orvel in the early 2000’s. super cool dude and saw don a few times. non related one of my aunts dated metzger back in the mid 90s, met a lot of legends before they were legends
good thing your aunt didnt date big don..lol
captmoto
12/29/2020 3:23pm
STLSharky wrote:
i just meant pedaling a mountain bike should be more stressful than anything else?
No, it's one of the best exercises for TKR replacement. Wanna know how I know? Oh, and I still moto, but at a little slower pace than Dons sight in lap.
mx295
12/29/2020 5:13pm
STLSharky wrote:
He did for a while, now his kids are old enough to ride/race so his free time is doing that with them. His boys are twins so they are being called the UPTWINS. They are already doing top 3, not bad for only started riding. Don finally got back on a bike earlier this year but he has no intentions of racing. Still super fast and he’s in better shape now then he ever was during his racing career. He works at a hospital in either Murrietta or Temecula.. don’t remember which one. I still talk to him at least once a week so if u DM me your name I can tell him you were asking about him.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
12/29/2020 6:06pm
kb wrote:
There's a blast from the past...The GFI races @ Perris in the 90's were awsesome- the 125 races, not only pros but intermediates as well were...
I got smoked in the 125 intermediate classes back then... It was Laninovich, Sleeter, Owens, Reif, Eugenio, Elkins... The GFI Fall Series was a killer!

Post a reply to: where are they now? Don Upton

The Latest