where are they now? Don Upton

Related:
Create New Tag

11/29/2018 5:35 PM

Parked next to Don at the steel city national in '99. He was running top 10 that day until he got a flat.

https://vault.racerxonline.com/rider/donald-upton/races

|

11/29/2018 8:01 PM

.......and his crazy dad, Orville! Some fun times in the 90's at GFI with them!

|

11/29/2018 8:11 PM

The original "King of Perris"! Dude was FAST!

|

11/29/2018 8:21 PM

The donkey!

|

11/29/2018 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2018 8:26 PM

That’s old school right there

|

11/29/2018 8:29 PM

Fireman in San Diego county, I think.

|

11/29/2018 8:40 PM

langhammx wrote:

Fireman in San Diego county, I think.

He blew out his knee and was medically retired. It's been at least 10 years now. He was considering leaving that department and coming to my department. He got the call and turned it down for family reasons. Shortly after that was when he blew out his knee. I'm not sure what he's doing now.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

11/29/2018 8:52 PM

langhammx wrote:

Fireman in San Diego county, I think.

captmoto wrote:

He blew out his knee and was medically retired. It's been at least 10 years now. He was considering leaving that department and coming to my department. He got the call and turned it down for family reasons. Shortly after that was when he blew out his knee. I'm not sure what he's doing now.

Now that you mention it, I do remember hearing something about this.

|

11/30/2018 6:20 AM

Seems a shame to make it through pro motocross and blow a knee on the job as a fireman and have to retire.

|

11/30/2018 6:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2018 7:02 AM

Don works in Temecula at a hospital. He no longer rides motorcycles hasn’t for 4-5 years now, His new passion is MTB which he has won a few races in the short time he’s been into it. Sadly his dad Orville passed away a few years ago. Don is married and has twin 8 year old boys. From 97-2000 I was his mechanic for the western 125 sx races. We are still great friends today.

|

11/30/2018 8:36 AM

mx295 wrote:

Don works in Temecula at a hospital. He no longer rides motorcycles hasn’t for 4-5 years now, His new passion is MTB which he has won a few races in the short time he’s been into it. Sadly his dad Orville passed away a few years ago. Don is married and has twin 8 year old boys. From 97-2000 I was his mechanic for the western 125 sx races. We are still great friends today.

Photo
Photo
|

11/30/2018 9:20 AM

Great guy....... i used to run into him here and there at the market in Canyon Lake. I still have one of his NCY Xtreme Jerseys he gave me when i was a kid in my collection. I'll take a pic tonight and post

|

twist wrist and go...

brad@palmspringsmotorsports.com

11/30/2018 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2018 1:38 PM

Didn't he work in the adult film industry ?

|

11/30/2018 1:12 PM

I graduated from Perris High School in 1995. I never met him, I just remember that he held the school record in every major category for weight lifting!

|

11/30/2018 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2018 1:24 PM

pummel wrote:

Didn't he work in the adult film industry ?

I remember hearing that back in the day and I believe his nickname was “rubberband man” back then lol. I could be wrong my memories a little fuzzy but I do recall that much

|

11/30/2018 1:34 PM

pummel wrote:

Didn't he work in the adult film industry ?

Him and faisst were in sin-a-matic 4.

|

11/30/2018 1:40 PM

I thought I remember something like "Porno-Cross"

|

11/30/2018 1:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2018 6:44 PM

Just talked to Don and he wanted to say “thanks for remembering him.. He had a KNEE REPLACEMENT after the blow out. He was forced into retirement.

|

11/30/2018 8:25 PM

pummel wrote:

Didn't he work in the adult film industry ?

MattyVicious wrote:

Him and faisst were in sin-a-matic 4.

Did google search....can confirm

|

shit'll buff out

11/30/2018 8:39 PM

Dynamite Don Upton...the Donkey LOL. They dont come like that anymore...

|

I expect to have a very short posting career.

11/30/2018 8:43 PM

Thats a name from the past, I remember him from the GFI days in Perris and I think he did the Antelope Valley fairgrounds too if my memory serves me correct.

Good times

|

4/25/2020 10:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2020 10:31 PM

My bro-in-law DJ and I sponsored him back then. Killer Bees (surf wax & clothing company owned by DJ that did some crossover to MX with Don, Jiri Dostal, Ty Kady, EJ Wright, and I was talking to Chicken too but then we pulled out of MX). Don would smoke everyone at all the local tracks including Larry Brooks. GFI, Elsinore, Barona Oaks, etc. #362. The only time I remember him losing locally was I think to Michael Brandes at Adelanto once. Last time I spoke to him was 15+ years ago to ask if he had video tape of mine that included his old local races. Interesting and cool to see an update and hear some memories.

|

4/25/2020 10:31 PM

Wow, two sixth places. Would love to know his story

|

4/26/2020 1:26 AM

rhunt1 wrote:

My bro-in-law DJ and I sponsored him back then. Killer Bees (surf wax & clothing company owned by DJ that did some crossover to MX with Don, Jiri Dostal, Ty Kady, EJ Wright, and I was talking to Chicken too but then we pulled out of MX). Don would smoke everyone at all the local tracks including Larry Brooks. GFI, Elsinore, Barona Oaks, etc. #362. The only time I remember him losing locally was I think to Michael Brandes at Adelanto once. Last time I spoke to him was 15+ years ago to ask if he had video tape of mine that included his old local races. Interesting and cool to see an update and hear some memories.

His non national number was #632... I helped him out with his bikes 97-2000. I talk to him a few times a month still.

|

4/26/2020 5:35 AM

Wasn’t he the guy that had that massive Spectacular -lengthy Supercross crash - that RJ is announcing “ don’t do this” ? Or is he the dude that Flipped and landed on the other dudes back of seat ? Seems like I recall his name being involved in one of these ? ( unrelatedly pic)Photo

|

4/26/2020 6:26 AM

Rupert X wrote:

Wasn’t he the guy that had that massive Spectacular -lengthy Supercross crash - that RJ is announcing “ don’t do this” ? Or is he the dude that Flipped and landed on the other dudes back of seat ? Seems like I recall his name being involved in one of these ? ( unrelatedly pic)Photo

Neither one was him.

|

4/26/2020 7:35 AM

rhunt1 wrote:

My bro-in-law DJ and I sponsored him back then. Killer Bees (surf wax & clothing company owned by DJ that did some crossover to MX with Don, Jiri Dostal, Ty Kady, EJ Wright, and I was talking to Chicken too but then we pulled out of MX). Don would smoke everyone at all the local tracks including Larry Brooks. GFI, Elsinore, Barona Oaks, etc. #362. The only time I remember him losing locally was I think to Michael Brandes at Adelanto once. Last time I spoke to him was 15+ years ago to ask if he had video tape of mine that included his old local races. Interesting and cool to see an update and hear some memories.

mx295 wrote:

His non national number was #632... I helped him out with his bikes 97-2000. I talk to him a few times a month still.

Ahh yes 632 thanks, wish I could say typo or dyslexia but it’s really just brain fade. Tell him we said hi. So bummed about that lost videotape, it had my son as a baby and lots of Don’s local races as 632. I was a big fan. My wife understandably resents me for using my kids videotape for MX too then losing it.

|

4/26/2020 7:57 AM

Rupert X wrote:

Wasn’t he the guy that had that massive Spectacular -lengthy Supercross crash - that RJ is announcing “ don’t do this” ? Or is he the dude that Flipped and landed on the other dudes back of seat ? Seems like I recall his name being involved in one of these ? ( unrelatedly pic)Photo

That was Trittler who bailed and landed on the back of Huffman’s bike. Huff was like wtf, stopped and let him off. Craziest thing ever

|

4/26/2020 8:36 AM

rhunt1 wrote:

Ahh yes 632 thanks, wish I could say typo or dyslexia but it’s really just brain fade. Tell him we said hi. So bummed about that lost videotape, it had my son as a baby and lots of Don’s local races as 632. I was a big fan. My wife understandably resents me for using my kids videotape for MX too then losing it.

He’s on Instagram under Eugene_Uptown.

|

4/26/2020 3:54 PM

moscrop940 wrote:

Did google search....can confirm

I can confirm from being there lol

|