when Travis went to South Africa to race Langston on minis

who has any info on this? I remember being told it happened. maybe 1996ish
|
kage173
8/5/2018 5:58pm
Really? Interesting; hope someone has info
8/5/2018 7:21pm
There's a Racer X Exhaust podcast with a conversation between Travis and Weege from when they were getting info for the story on the 2001 season. I may be wrong but I believe Travis touches on this event in that conversation.
mxjon454
8/5/2018 9:59pm
There's a Racer X Exhaust podcast with a conversation between Travis and Weege from when they were getting info for the story on the 2001 season...
There's a Racer X Exhaust podcast with a conversation between Travis and Weege from when they were getting info for the story on the 2001 season. I may be wrong but I believe Travis touches on this event in that conversation.
Yaa youre right. I think it might be in one of their long forum write up where they talk about the whole 2001 125 outdoor national series.

The Shop

8/6/2018 4:44am
I remember someone telling me back in 96 - they used to buy travis' fmf prepared engines from his 80s and 100s
8/6/2018 4:50am
who has any info on this? I remember being told it happened. maybe 1996ish
I had the race recorded on VHS back in 1996 but unfortunately since then its been recorded over.

From memory, a feature was done on Travis by the local TV network. He was riding with a broken thumb at the time. Of the race highlights that were shown (and I can remember), GL got the holeshot with local rider Jarret DeJager in second and I think TP was in third. GL was showboating a little (I guess knowing TP could throw a trick or two) which Greg Albertyn (who was commentating) suggested GL shouldn't get too laxy dazy and concentrate on going for the win, which he did.

It was a pretty cool event to have TP over racing the locals.

Post a reply to: when Travis went to South Africa to race Langston on minis

The Latest