whats up with mx riders having stomache problems?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2010 8:14 AM

I dont understand why there all constantly having these problems all the time. Is it something to do with there diets and if so maybe they need to change them but if not what else could it be

|

3/13/2010 8:17 AM

It's all the dirt they eat during motos.

|

17 KTM 450 SXF - AMAZING!

3/13/2010 8:32 AM

they eat too well, then when they reward themselves with cheseburgers and fries the body can't handle it, then they get the trots and they don't eat the right foods enough, then they.....

|

3/13/2010 8:33 AM

We need to bring Pepto Bismol on as a sponsor.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

3/13/2010 8:37 AM

I always thought it could be something with the exhaust.. But idk

|

Kevin Windham, The man, the myth, the legend! Gonna miss seeing this man on the line.

-----Do or Do not, There is no try-----

3/13/2010 9:13 AM

It could be over training, under eating, but the top guys have that all figured out pretty good, or at least they should, but you put your body thru all that stress and abuse it catches up to you sometime, somewhere.

|

3/13/2010 9:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 9:22 PM

The riders can't bitch about there equipment anymore so they need a new excuse. My Stomach hurts is the new Epstein Barr.

I wonder what happened to that (Epstein Barr)excuse? Nobody seems to get that one anymore. It must of got all used up.

|

3/13/2010 9:15 AM

motomike894 wrote:

It could be over training, under eating, but the top guys have that all figured out pretty good, or at least they should, but you put your body thru all that stress and abuse it catches up to you sometime, somewhere.

Looks like you solved that problem mike. tongue

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

3/13/2010 9:19 AM

Nope I dont believe it's overtraining, I Have a stomach condition to when i ride, I have never gotten it check out though, after about 10-laps of goin at a hard pace for me, My stomach just starts hurting really bad, and it gets all tight and it fucking hurts, so i have to pull off and wait for like 20 min for it to subside then it goes away for the rest of the day..Now i dont know if that has anything to do with what they have or if its similar, But i Do know it hurts like hell.

|

3/13/2010 9:27 AM

Motodave wrote:

Nope I dont believe it's overtraining, I Have a stomach condition to when i ride, I have never gotten it check out though, after about 10-laps of goin at a hard pace for me, My stomach just starts hurting really bad, and it gets all tight and it fucking hurts, so i have to pull off and wait for like 20 min for it to subside then it goes away for the rest of the day..Now i dont know if that has anything to do with what they have or if its similar, But i Do know it hurts like hell.

Just curious... do you ride with a kidney belt?

If so, is it tight? Loose?

|

3/13/2010 9:29 AM

Its called PED's

|

3/13/2010 9:32 AM

I think it is their brains and nerves. I mean think about it anyone who has ridden at any level knows what the butterflies are all about and then add on top of that an oncoming near death experience for 29 race weekends and things could get to you a little bit. And who ever mentioned it above is correct in the over training and diet. You never hear the winners complaining about stomach aches....unless they are losing.

|

3/13/2010 9:34 AM

Bad tacos.sick

|

Bone or bail i got to race
It,s all about stayen on the box!
All these dudes think ya have a problem but the true problem is everyone else. Motocrossers are uptite family people!

3/13/2010 9:36 AM

JohnnyO_57 wrote:

Just curious... do you ride with a kidney belt?

If so, is it tight? Loose?

Nope no kidney belt, no chest-protector, just a jersey lol

|

3/13/2010 9:38 AM

mxwrench66 wrote:

Its called PED's

|

3/13/2010 9:49 AM

Or yeah they could just be giant pussy's, and sense they cant win figure they better make up some sort of excuse.

One of the funniest things I ever saw MX related one of my trips to Holland where I raced a big SX race the fast local guy Marco Stallman, he has tatoos on his head, smokes cigarettes, etc. really cool guy actually but way out there, anyway he won his qualifier and my friend that went with me was riding for the same team as Marco and my team was pitted right next to them.

He comes back all sweating about ready to die, I go look at his bike there was snot and mucus all over the bar pad and tank, and I saw some wet spots, I was like WTF, I see him in the van and Im like good job man hes like I just pissed my pants out there, he was changing his undies, I went back to my van thingy and was laughing my ass off with my buddy.

But that should show you something about being focused, dude was so focused to win he pissed his pants all over, and had hoards of snot all over his bike and helmet coming from his mouth and nose.

LOL!!!

|

3/13/2010 9:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2010 9:55 AM

Did any of these top pros have stomach problems in amateurs? I never heard about it. They all just sprouted out of thin air.......Usually about the time they get on 450's. They prolly just stopped wearing kidney belts. =)

|

3/13/2010 10:01 AM

I think you guys ALL ASSUME riders dont get nervous, stressed out and just plain sick at times. You feel we are robots that should ride through pain sickness and it all, sad thing is we do and that still isnt enough. RC had IBS while he was racing, we ALL have it in some way because of the nature of our sport. RMZ I can bet you have stayed home when you dont feel so hot but guess what come the weekends we dont get sick days. Yeah some guys bare and grit it out more than others but that shouldnt discredit them for speaking up and saying whats bothering them... I know you all do to your wives or girlfriends at one time or another, why is it different for you but not the riders... Yet again a double standard among you guys that shows why most athletes keep to themselves off the track

|

3/13/2010 10:07 AM

just askin why all of a sudden it's so prevalent.... not that it doesn't exist.

|

3/13/2010 10:15 AM

You don't see many problems with stomach issues in amateur racing because the races are sprints, usually 5 laps and less than 10 minutes. At Loretta's after running full speed for 20+ minutes it is normal for more than one guy to puke on himself during the race or right after. This issue is something that is simply amplified by extended races, pressure, and stress.

|

3/13/2010 10:15 AM

SH_105 wrote:

I think you guys ALL ASSUME riders dont get nervous, stressed out and just plain sick at times. You feel we are robots that should ride through pain sickness and it all, sad thing is we do and that still isnt enough. RC had IBS while he was racing, we ALL have it in some way because of the nature of our sport. RMZ I can bet you have stayed home when you dont feel so hot but guess what come the weekends we dont get sick days. Yeah some guys bare and grit it out more than others but that shouldnt discredit them for speaking up and saying whats bothering them... I know you all do to your wives or girlfriends at one time or another, why is it different for you but not the riders... Yet again a double standard among you guys that shows why most athletes keep to themselves off the track

Right on Hambone !! .. hey brotha what is your status with your racing ?

Burrito

|

3/13/2010 10:17 AM

I think it's a number of things but the stress is a big factor.

|

Jim Martin

3/13/2010 10:19 AM

RMZ819 wrote:

The riders can't bitch about there equipment anymore so they need a new excuse. My Stomach hurts is the new Epstein Barr.

I wonder what happened to that (Epstein Barr)excuse? Nobody seems to get that one anymore. It must of got all used up.

Are you really that stupid?

|

Jim Martin

3/13/2010 10:22 AM

jmar wrote:

yup, proven fact stress does cause health issues.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

3/13/2010 10:33 AM

jmar wrote:

Hank_Thrill wrote:

yup, proven fact stress does cause health issues.

And it's usually stomach issues.

I spent many years seeing the stress on these kids faces on the line. I don't think a lot of people understand how stressful it can be racing at this level, or at a national level as an amateur.

|

Jim Martin

3/13/2010 10:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2010 12:50 PM

MotoGP champion Casey Stoner was reporting similar symptoms to Reed's stomach issues and missed I believe 3 races last year. I was starting to think it was an Aussie thing. Bloomin onions?

|

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.
Henry Ford

3/13/2010 11:05 AM

RMZ819 wrote:

jmar wrote:

Are you really that stupid?

Actually I forgot more on the shitter this morning than you will ever know. Epstein Barr was bullshit excuse to milk the system. A lot of money was flushed down the shitter by teams in the name of Mr Epstein Barr.

When Reed was getting his ass kicked thats all we heard about. But when Stewart stayed home last summer and Alessi and RV got hurt Reeds tummy was never a issue.

I am Just calling it like i see it. If you don't like it, suck a pud!!!

|

3/13/2010 11:16 AM

RMZ819 wrote:

Actually I forgot more on the shitter this morning than you will ever know. Epstein Barr was bullshit excuse to milk the system. A lot of money was flushed down the shitter by teams in the name of Mr Epstein Barr.

When Reed was getting his ass kicked thats all we heard about. But when Stewart stayed home last summer and Alessi and RV got hurt Reeds tummy was never a issue.

I am Just calling it like i see it. If you don't like it, suck a pud!!!

Reed's stomach was still an issue about 6 or 7 rounds in. Just sayin'. Epstein Barr is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, which we still hear about as well.

|

3/13/2010 11:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2010 11:19 AM

SH_105 wrote:

that it why it is better to just shut up and ride IF you have an ailment IMHO. as far as mentioning it, yer damned if you do and damned if you don't

|

3/13/2010 11:26 AM

Anyone of us on any day can have an off day at work and not be completely ridiculed for it. These riders have an off weekend, have every magazine, media person, and joe dickhead couch rider questioning WTF is their deal. The stress from team, sponsors, media, trainers, and fans has got to be insane, throw in a championship battle and your financial security riding on it. Holy shit the amount these guys deal with deserve a standing ovation. The fuck if these guys shouldn't be allowed to feel sick, weak, or anything else at any given point.

|