what's the best plastic?

dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
overall original fit without modifying ....
Poll

best plastic

Choices
|

The Shop

7/11/2018 9:21am
I have been making and installing MX graphics since 2007 and R-tech is closest to OEM fit and finish I would then put Polisport and Acerbis as second. Depending on which bike they are for one might fit better then the other . And some of the Polisport plastics have had little blemishes that need to be shaved off so the graphics will not look bubbled.The way the Acerbis plastics are stored can also make a difference n the fit. They are one of the few that do not come boxed and can end up getting slightly deformed if they are sitting in a hot warehouse in a for years. Cycra fit seems a little inconsistent between models.The front plates are great its the rest of the kit that can vary in how well the fit is. UFO wouldn't be my last choice but also not my first.I would pick R-tech as my first non OEM choice and then depending on what brand you are buying then for all of the others can be good. This is only my opinion based on my experiences . We do 100's of KTM's Yamaha's and Honda's not many RMZ's , a little more Kawasaki's then Suzuki's and then Beta and others are a little less. And the R-tech has been the best fit and finish over all the brands we have put them on. There has only been a single hole with a slight molding blemish on one sideplate that we sold form R-tech. It was just a little tighter to fit the spacer in then normal for the brand. With other brands its not uncommon to have to clean out bolt holes.

Post a reply to: what's the best plastic?

The Latest