what's all this bullsheeit about james riding

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
5/12/2009 8:37pm
MX479Guy wrote:
So wait...IF L+M keeps saying it's a SX only contract, why are we even talking about James racing MX? Is James Stewart racing a full MX...
So wait...IF L+M keeps saying it's a SX only contract, why are we even talking about James racing MX?

Is James Stewart racing a full MX series this year or not?

Tom
They've been really clear about this. Their existing sponsor arrangements fund only the SX effort. Then need additional funding to do MX if they choose to...
They've been really clear about this. Their existing sponsor arrangements fund only the SX effort. Then need additional funding to do MX if they choose to do so. It's not that complicated.
Thank you FTE.
Sondy132001
5/12/2009 8:41pm
swap wrote:
James was testing suspension and tires all day at Competitive Edge today....
Isn't James racing some GP's this year ?? so makes sense he's getting ready for that !!

S
MX479Guy
5/12/2009 8:41pm
MX479Guy wrote:
So wait...IF L+M keeps saying it's a SX only contract, why are we even talking about James racing MX? Is James Stewart racing a full MX...
So wait...IF L+M keeps saying it's a SX only contract, why are we even talking about James racing MX?

Is James Stewart racing a full MX series this year or not?

Tom
They've been really clear about this. Their existing sponsor arrangements fund only the SX effort. Then need additional funding to do MX if they choose to...
They've been really clear about this. Their existing sponsor arrangements fund only the SX effort. Then need additional funding to do MX if they choose to do so. It's not that complicated.
Thats pretty much what i thought. I can't believe so many are buying into James is actually racing the series. It's not gonna happen.
andymoto
5/12/2009 11:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:53pm
LarryB wrote:
When L&M started I have always said “L&M is a Supercross only team”. We also do the US Open, X-Games, MXDN, possibly MX1 in Europe and...
When L&M started I have always said “L&M is a Supercross only team”. We also do the US Open, X-Games, MXDN, possibly MX1 in Europe and other high exposure events to try to gain more worldwide and mainstream media exposure for motorcycle racing by fielding the world’s best rider to get the media’s attention. Sometimes when the best rider doesn’t compete in these “high exposure” events the mainstream media doesn’t take the event serious and ask “why doesn’t the top rider races these events, are they not as important as Supercross”? But when the top rider does attend, it gives the events credibility, so then these events with their terrific media avenues get the coverage via television and print that will help our sport grow.

Speaking of outdoors, when we started the L&M team at the end of 2006 the outdoor series didn’t have the greatest TV package as a whole, the events have been raced a venues that needed to be upgraded (some venues, not all), the race day schedule had been the same since I can remember and I started racing professional in 1984 and needed some improvements. In short, the exposure was less than Supercross and we/L&M felt we would be better off by concentrating on the Supercross Championship and putting 100% into it and looking at other one off, high exposure events that would bring attention to our rider’s, are team, our sponsors and try to help build the sport of motorcycle racing. But all this seems to be changing for outdoors or trying to be improved in 2009 by the outdoor series promoter, MX Sport. They are taking a hard look at the venues, making short term improvements and saying long term improvements and/or venues changes are in the future, working on and creating a much improved television package and even changing the race day schedule to help the sport fit television better. Yes, all these are coming in 2009, but still unproven. Time will tell if the outdoor series will be better, actually in the next 4 months we will see what comes of all these changes and if the outdoor series will match what is being done in Supercross and the X-Games.

If MX Sport brings the outdoor series to the level it is trying to reach and all the changes brings the outdoor series to the level of Supercross (and we are hope they succeed) I’m not saying L&M wouldn’t revisit our decision to be a “Supercross only team”. It wouldn’t be very business smart to give up all that exposure, but only time will tell.

There are some very inventive and needed changes happening in the 2009 outdoor motocross series. All of us will be watching their progress closely and I know they will learn on the fly, but I’m glad there are people that broke the cookie cutter mold that we have seen over and over these past 30 plus years that brought the outdoor series to a position where they knew change was needed to grow and they stepped up and took control. Good for you and thank you. Support the outdoor motocross series as a race fan and get your friends to support it also (if they aren’t already) and motorcycle racing might make another leap forward. In this weak economy we had some very surprisingly strong attendance records for the Supercross series and I think the reason was the great battle we were treated to for the Championship and I hope we see the same type of racing go on in the motocross series, but let me tell you, if L&M was committed to do motocross in 2009 we would have had to take our focus off of Supercross halfway through that series and start thinking about, building parts and testing for motocross and we might not have won the 2009 Supercross Championship. I think you can see a little of what I’m talking about if you look at the final Supercross Championship points stands. There are two Supercross only rider and those two guys were 4 points apart and the end of 17 rounds and the third place rider was 107 points behind and he was the first Supercross/Motocross rider and the points were pretty close from there on back. Like I said in the beginning “if your focus is narrowed, the rider and the team have only one goal it will show at the end of the day and the end of the series”. The only proof we have of that are race wins and championship, but that enough proof, I think. For us it was Supercross, but I can imagine a team and/or rider could do the same in the outdoor series/motocross.

Have a great day and thanks for listening and sorry if I rambled on a bit.

Oh yea, James Stewart is one bad dude. 2009 SUPERCROSS CHAMPION!!!!!
Mr. Brooks-

If MX Sport brings the outdoor series to the level it is trying to reach and all the changes brings the outdoor series to the level of Supercross (and we are hope they succeed) I’m not saying L&M wouldn’t revisit our decision to be a “Supercross only team”. It wouldn’t be very business smart to give up all that exposure, but only time will tell.

"If"....coming from a former top 125 National racer as you were Mr. Brooks; like saying to MXSports "well, if you guys turn this thing around and the show, crowds and TV ratings to the level of the Supercross series, we'll give it some serious thought then"... kinda a high bar to clear, wouldn't you agree? Even when we had up to 10-15 guys that could win a moto, attendance stayed much the same. Now for the MX champ to ride, prove to us that it is feasible. Come'on Mr. Brooks..? Not in a year or even a few years that could be accomplished...you knew what your were saying there.

You've forgotten that the sport made you a name. You were a top 125 rider Outdoors. While you had some success in SX; not like the Nationals for sure. You I do give kudos for your talents then. It's now though and it feels like a bit of arrogance. If I'm mistaken, my apologies; no one person, team, etc is too big for Motocross. I know some would like an ALL SX season and rid or significantly reduced our heritage within the sport.

Knowing MXSports will have to work beyond their means to get their own top U.S. rider to ride the series is a shame. Go to a GP instead of helping a new entity try and really improve the product called Motocross; the one that made you a something instead of the thousands of nobodys that tried, me included but I had the time of my life.

Despite my feelings, if indeed the #1 National Champion in the MX class doesn't appear; racing will be much closer and better for the fans and the live or not TV casts. If he shows, that would help our sport having our best rider.

I just found it elitist from a man who made his name mostly in the Outdoor Nationals. It's like all the folks who helped you with whatever needed and you earned your numbers and did ok in SX or Mickey Thompson; that I give you kudos for, but afterward, they are long forgotten. You wouldn't be where you're at without them all; from the day your dad kickstarted your first bike then on......if not for Motocross, then what?

Long live the Outdoor Nationals.

Respectfully. Andy Medin

The Shop

5/12/2009 11:43pm
If memory serves me correctly, Larry had more success in 125 SX than in the outdoors on the 125's.
andymoto
5/12/2009 11:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:53pm
And yes all that may criticize my post, I understand about additional sponsorships to run.

I'm smitten with that IF deal.....MX has never been close in anything to SX and it would cost them a fortune to update these facilities to make them really fan friendly....and to take a longtime venue and replace it with something newer....depends on venue.Hate to see forever events like Hangtown and Southwick, Unadilla, Red Bud and any missed.

Too bad all spectators cant just sign off like a rider doing a race here in Cally; take down all the fencing and have snowfence like the old days. Someone sues and was their fault; tossed...The feeling of speed get people stoked. I remember Larry having a go on 250s in '88; know he was in top ten at Hangtowns and think the 125SX started in '86 or '87...I remember that they had a kinda trial run with Vohland and Todd Peterson and Vohland crashed; Peterson won. Points toward Nat numbers weren't awarded in 125 SX ever I think.
mccread
5/13/2009 5:07am
James v Cairoli is the real fight this year roll on Stewart sacking up and racing the GPs...
txmxer
5/13/2009 6:17am
Andy...you are kind of babbling. Sounds like you think James should ride the Nationals out of loyalty.

mccread...what on earth makes you think Cairoli could offer any challenge at all to James any more than any one else? Only time I've really seen him was at Budds...which is really unfair as it's unfamiliar terrain. But, is he gapping the field by 30 seconds? Every race? Winning every race?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
5/13/2009 7:57am
mccread consistently is full of baloney.
TerryK
5/13/2009 8:18am
racefan222 wrote:
Why all the James bashing cause he doesnt want to race the nationals ? Why no Reed or Windham bashing to go along with it than...
Why all the James bashing cause he doesnt want to race the nationals ? Why no Reed or Windham bashing to go along with it than? Neither of them are racing them, yet no one brings there names up. Hes not the first to have a SX only contract and he sure as hell wont be the last, face it the sport is changing were you'll have SX guys and you'll have MX guys and a few that'll run both but not many.

By the way, most riders contracts will say they arent allowed to race for a different team or do any other racing without permission. Do you guys think L&M wants to see James go out and risk a bad injury that could end his career cause he decided to fund his own team or ride for another team in the nationals..... highly doubt it.
You're new around here aren't you?
5/13/2009 9:42am
Andy, i do not think LB ever won an outdoor national. but he did win a few 125 SX races in his day. Wins=success.
andymoto
5/13/2009 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:54pm
Andy, i do not think LB ever won an outdoor national. but he did win a few 125 SX races in his day. Wins=success.
He was pretty darn good at 125 Nats; didn't OA any; top 5-10 regular. Glad he won a few 125 SXs.

Were they AMA or Mickey Thompson Ultracrosses? I'm not being sarcastic because I don't remember at all; just his racing Nats and doing quite well.

I just find his statement that if MXSports brings Nationals to the level of Supercross an out.

I want to ask Larry how can the Nats become at the level of Supercross. I can't see it unless a huge infusion of fans, facility refurbishing, and all the fluff. Millions and millions need investing in these facilities and who's got the cash?

I'm happy with MX anyways, with or without James, Chad, even Kevin if he goes over the Atlantic.. Racing will be better without them anyways.

Just too bad we got NBC on board to not have all the best is a shame. JMO.

txmxer.......buy me a bib.....hehehe....blabbing me...
txmxer
5/13/2009 3:12pm
andymoto wrote:
He was pretty darn good at 125 Nats; didn't OA any; top 5-10 regular. Glad he won a few 125 SXs. Were they AMA or Mickey...
He was pretty darn good at 125 Nats; didn't OA any; top 5-10 regular. Glad he won a few 125 SXs.

Were they AMA or Mickey Thompson Ultracrosses? I'm not being sarcastic because I don't remember at all; just his racing Nats and doing quite well.

I just find his statement that if MXSports brings Nationals to the level of Supercross an out.

I want to ask Larry how can the Nats become at the level of Supercross. I can't see it unless a huge infusion of fans, facility refurbishing, and all the fluff. Millions and millions need investing in these facilities and who's got the cash?

I'm happy with MX anyways, with or without James, Chad, even Kevin if he goes over the Atlantic.. Racing will be better without them anyways.

Just too bad we got NBC on board to not have all the best is a shame. JMO.

txmxer.......buy me a bib.....hehehe....blabbing me...
you're a good dude Andy...was just taking a poke. No harm intended Smile

gt80rider
5/13/2009 4:35pm
"It's so funny how I can not win on the internet. Some people are so quick to judge and comment about things that they really have no idea of what their talking about."

it's not funny at all....... it's a fact of life...... how obtuse is someone that can not understand that? ........ just keep posting, now that's funny stuff.......
BobbyM
5/13/2009 4:51pm
the fact is you don't fuckaround with bobbym or larryb beotches!!!!!
the_wood109
5/13/2009 6:04pm
Since talking sense doesn't seem to work, I resort to extreme sarcasm, btw.
andymoto
5/13/2009 7:22pm
txmxer wrote:
you're a good dude Andy...was just taking a poke. No harm intended Smile

I knew that my friend....Smile The no harm part I mean. You're a good guy as well.
Larry
5/13/2009 7:24pm
BobbyM wrote:
i don't give a flying fuck what james does...he could play guitar hero all freeking day for all i care and yes i don't want james...
i don't give a flying fuck what james does...he could play guitar hero all freeking day for all i care and yes i don't want james at the nationals. it's fucking boring as shit, runaways are always boring, mike can't beat him nor can rv. bfd....james can stay home.

crybaby?...yer the fucking dork that is driving the wambulance
X10000
BobbyM
5/13/2009 7:33pm
BobbyM wrote:
i don't give a flying fuck what james does...he could play guitar hero all freeking day for all i care and yes i don't want james...
i don't give a flying fuck what james does...he could play guitar hero all freeking day for all i care and yes i don't want james at the nationals. it's fucking boring as shit, runaways are always boring, mike can't beat him nor can rv. bfd....james can stay home.

Larry wrote:
X10000
you liked that one eh larry? Smile
BobbyM
5/13/2009 7:35pm
Bobby are you lubing up for the first meet with LB?
1st meet? get stuffed brah....lmao
Larry
5/13/2009 7:35pm
BobbyM wrote:

Larry wrote:
X10000
BobbyM wrote:
you liked that one eh larry? Smile
You hit the fucking nail on the head there you ole fucktard.
5/14/2009 9:08am
It's so funny how I can not win on the internet. Some people are so quick to judge and comment about things that they really have no idea of what their talking about.

There is a lot of humor in it when I read how mislead they are sometimes, but more in a sad way. ;-)

What a "winning" statement.

Post a reply to: what's all this bullsheeit about james riding

The Latest