what's all this bullsheeit about james riding

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 3:55pm
or not riding the nats? sounds like horseshit to me...no not that he's riding but that he has no ride or he's getting the funds together blah blah blah.

Team Yamaha has a scooter and a slot, do they not with Langston out again?

There's the solution right in front of the their faces. That is if James WANTS to race for a title and without the 2 million bucks to give it a go.

I can see not racing if it's out of yer pocket but i can't see not wanting to race if there's hardly no money in it. Riding scooters is still the greatest thing in the world to even do for free....is it not?

Has the love of money denigrated the sport at this point....bummer.
|
crowe176
5/11/2009 11:04am
He doesn't want to race, and he's saving face by blaming Larryb, because how could his image get any worse.

rucka356
5/11/2009 11:10am
Why don't you all just let James do what he wants. If he wants to ride the couch this summer then let him. The racing will be 10X better with him there anyway. And Bobby, shouldn't you want James to not race the nationals more then anyone? Without James racing your boy alessi is a title FAVORITE!! With James he is just a dark horse. And then we all have to come on here Monday morning to see you bragging about how mikey almost kept stewart honest from his 30 seconds back in second, third, or fourth place.

Point being: Let the kid do what he wants to do. Bunch of freaking cry babies.
troublebros
5/11/2009 11:12am
I think Mikey has a different Kawi to chase this year.

The Shop

racefan222
5/11/2009 11:20am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:51pm
Why all the James bashing cause he doesnt want to race the nationals ? Why no Reed or Windham bashing to go along with it than? Neither of them are racing them, yet no one brings there names up. Hes not the first to have a SX only contract and he sure as hell wont be the last, face it the sport is changing were you'll have SX guys and you'll have MX guys and a few that'll run both but not many.

By the way, most riders contracts will say they arent allowed to race for a different team or do any other racing without permission. Do you guys think L&M wants to see James go out and risk a bad injury that could end his career cause he decided to fund his own team or ride for another team in the nationals..... highly doubt it.
AMA714
5/11/2009 11:29am
the reason for all of the BS and speculation.... No one here looks at any racing outside of the US so there was no PRO racing to talk about....
Clutchy
5/11/2009 11:30am
rucka356 wrote:
Why don't you all just let James do what he wants. If he wants to ride the couch this summer then let him. The racing will...
Why don't you all just let James do what he wants. If he wants to ride the couch this summer then let him. The racing will be 10X better with him there anyway. And Bobby, shouldn't you want James to not race the nationals more then anyone? Without James racing your boy alessi is a title FAVORITE!! With James he is just a dark horse. And then we all have to come on here Monday morning to see you bragging about how mikey almost kept stewart honest from his 30 seconds back in second, third, or fourth place.

Wouldnt it be on Sunday morning...?
croom mx
5/11/2009 11:35am
If I had 20 million in my bank account I might not want to ride that Nationals either!
BobbyM
5/11/2009 11:35am
rucka356 wrote:
Why don't you all just let James do what he wants. If he wants to ride the couch this summer then let him. The racing will...

i don't give a flying fuck what james does...he could play guitar hero all freeking day for all i care and yes i don't want james at the nationals. it's fucking boring as shit, runaways are always boring, mike can't beat him nor can rv. bfd....james can stay home.

crybaby?...yer the fucking dork that is driving the wambulance
BobbyM
5/11/2009 11:37am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2009 11:38am
rucka356 wrote:

Clutchy wrote:
the freekin dork doesn't even know when the races are this year....he's a double touche', better known as a _______
mxracer32
5/11/2009 12:12pm
BobbyM wrote:
i don't give a flying fuck what james does...he could play guitar hero all freeking day for all i care and yes i don't want james...
i don't give a flying fuck what james does...he could play guitar hero all freeking day for all i care and yes i don't want james at the nationals. it's fucking boring as shit, runaways are always boring, mike can't beat him nor can rv. bfd....james can stay home.

crybaby?...yer the fucking dork that is driving the wambulance
js7, cr22 can stay home. i want to see some freaking RACING this year. not MA getting the holeshot and leading 1.5 laps just to see stewart go by and win. b-o-r-i-n-g

Uncleof2
5/11/2009 12:57pm
racefan222 wrote:
Why all the James bashing cause he doesnt want to race the nationals ? Why no Reed or Windham bashing to go along with it than...
Why all the James bashing cause he doesnt want to race the nationals ? Why no Reed or Windham bashing to go along with it than? Neither of them are racing them, yet no one brings there names up. Hes not the first to have a SX only contract and he sure as hell wont be the last, face it the sport is changing were you'll have SX guys and you'll have MX guys and a few that'll run both but not many.

By the way, most riders contracts will say they arent allowed to race for a different team or do any other racing without permission. Do you guys think L&M wants to see James go out and risk a bad injury that could end his career cause he decided to fund his own team or ride for another team in the nationals..... highly doubt it.
I think what many of us have a problem with is a 23 yr. old that is the face of motocross is
choosing to not defend his FIRST and ONLY Big bike Motocross title. Windham is 31 years old and past his prime, Chad doesn't stop racing he goes to his HOME country and puts on races. I think most contracts say whatever the rider is willing to negotiate. If
JS was willing to give up riding the Nationals then it was his decision. James is without
a doubt "the fastest man alive on a motorcycle", but if that is all he wants to be known as
then great. I'll miss watching him ride outdoors, and yes its his decision. There is the GOAT=RC the KING=MC ????=JS
Sondy132001
5/11/2009 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:51pm
Clutchy wrote:
He's right really, we all won't be on the boards Sunday morning, it'll be when we are all at work on Monday monring...

S
rocrac
5/11/2009 1:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:51pm
James and Chad can stay home and I for one look forward to the drama of having more than 1 or 2 guys capable of winning. Business is business and I refuse to criticize these guys for SX only contracts. They have worked for it and earned it.

Hopefully MX sports and crew will get the outdoor series built up to be the series all the factories and sponsors want to win and no one would even consider not racing it.
hillbilly
5/11/2009 1:04pm
since the nats are gonna be a tv and some are live #7 AND #22 WILL BE THERE.With earrings like chad and ego like james they cant pass it up.
Shawn142
5/11/2009 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:52pm
I'm assuming none of you pay attention because L&M Racing has been an SX only team from it's creation. Larry has said from day 1 there isn't enough money or exposure to warrant putting his team out there reguardless of the rider. Just because James replaced chad doesn't mean the team owner changed his mind. We all knew the instant James signed with the team his outdoor title was up for grabs.

And no there isn't a free bike in the Yami tent, Langston hasn't been a factory rider since his deal expired. He was shopping around for a bike and team before he tweaked the knee. On top of that James' contract is not just SX only. He's contracted to run the x-games, US Open, MXoN, and selected outdoor events be they here or Europe. That's a full we own you for a year and you'll do what we want contract.
lumpy790
5/11/2009 1:13pm
My guess is if Reed rides....... Bubba will be there. Larry B has so much hatred for Reed leaving him.....he would find a way to fund Bubbas racing.....instead of letting Reed get the glory.
Clutchy
5/11/2009 1:40pm
Clutchy wrote:
He's right really, we all won't be on the boards Sunday morning, it'll be when we are all at work on Monday monring...

S
No way I'm the only one who takes his laptop to Church...?
5/11/2009 2:05pm
James want be there he has to work on his golf game this summer.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
5/11/2009 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2009 2:18pm
badbrad108 wrote:
James want be there he has to work on his golf game this summer.
Want to give it another try? Freaking noob.
sxfan1
5/11/2009 11:13pm
hillbilly wrote:
since the nats are gonna be a tv and some are live #7 AND #22 WILL BE THERE.With earrings like chad and ego like james they...
since the nats are gonna be a tv and some are live #7 AND #22 WILL BE THERE.With earrings like chad and ego like james they cant pass it up.
I would say chad has the ego my friend. James is just better then he is
Friday
5/11/2009 11:30pm
Two words. "Poopy Pants".
5/11/2009 11:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:52pm
James is leaving business unfinished.....

....Moto is all about taking down the champs and crushing the younger hopefuls.

James has done neither and here is his chance......
Motodrew295
5/12/2009 12:55am
I would be scared to ride that yamaha to the ragged edge like he did on the KX. He was borderline death on that swell handling machine. The yamaha is a totaly different beast.
LarryB
5/12/2009 2:29am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:52pm
When L&M started I have always said “L&M is a Supercross only team”. We also do the US Open, X-Games, MXDN, possibly MX1 in Europe and other high exposure events to try to gain more worldwide and mainstream media exposure for motorcycle racing by fielding the world’s best rider to get the media’s attention. Sometimes when the best rider doesn’t compete in these “high exposure” events the mainstream media doesn’t take the event serious and ask “why doesn’t the top rider races these events, are they not as important as Supercross”? But when the top rider does attend, it gives the events credibility, so then these events with their terrific media avenues get the coverage via television and print that will help our sport grow.

Speaking of outdoors, when we started the L&M team at the end of 2006 the outdoor series didn’t have the greatest TV package as a whole, the events have been raced a venues that needed to be upgraded (some venues, not all), the race day schedule had been the same since I can remember and I started racing professional in 1984 and needed some improvements. In short, the exposure was less than Supercross and we/L&M felt we would be better off by concentrating on the Supercross Championship and putting 100% into it and looking at other one off, high exposure events that would bring attention to our rider’s, are team, our sponsors and try to help build the sport of motorcycle racing. But all this seems to be changing for outdoors or trying to be improved in 2009 by the outdoor series promoter, MX Sport. They are taking a hard look at the venues, making short term improvements and saying long term improvements and/or venues changes are in the future, working on and creating a much improved television package and even changing the race day schedule to help the sport fit television better. Yes, all these are coming in 2009, but still unproven. Time will tell if the outdoor series will be better, actually in the next 4 months we will see what comes of all these changes and if the outdoor series will match what is being done in Supercross and the X-Games.

If MX Sport brings the outdoor series to the level it is trying to reach and all the changes brings the outdoor series to the level of Supercross (and we are hope they succeed) I’m not saying L&M wouldn’t revisit our decision to be a “Supercross only team”. It wouldn’t be very business smart to give up all that exposure, but only time will tell.

There are some very inventive and needed changes happening in the 2009 outdoor motocross series. All of us will be watching their progress closely and I know they will learn on the fly, but I’m glad there are people that broke the cookie cutter mold that we have seen over and over these past 30 plus years that brought the outdoor series to a position where they knew change was needed to grow and they stepped up and took control. Good for you and thank you. Support the outdoor motocross series as a race fan and get your friends to support it also (if they aren’t already) and motorcycle racing might make another leap forward. In this weak economy we had some very surprisingly strong attendance records for the Supercross series and I think the reason was the great battle we were treated to for the Championship and I hope we see the same type of racing go on in the motocross series, but let me tell you, if L&M was committed to do motocross in 2009 we would have had to take our focus off of Supercross halfway through that series and start thinking about, building parts and testing for motocross and we might not have won the 2009 Supercross Championship. I think you can see a little of what I’m talking about if you look at the final Supercross Championship points stands. There are two Supercross only rider and those two guys were 4 points apart and the end of 17 rounds and the third place rider was 107 points behind and he was the first Supercross/Motocross rider and the points were pretty close from there on back. Like I said in the beginning “if your focus is narrowed, the rider and the team have only one goal it will show at the end of the day and the end of the series”. The only proof we have of that are race wins and championship, but that enough proof, I think. For us it was Supercross, but I can imagine a team and/or rider could do the same in the outdoor series/motocross.

Have a great day and thanks for listening and sorry if I rambled on a bit.

Oh yea, James Stewart is one bad dude. 2009 SUPERCROSS CHAMPION!!!!!
BM255
5/12/2009 3:42am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:52pm
LarryB wrote:
When L&M started I have always said “L&M is a Supercross only team”. We also do the US Open, X-Games, MXDN, possibly MX1 in Europe and...
When L&M started I have always said “L&M is a Supercross only team”. We also do the US Open, X-Games, MXDN, possibly MX1 in Europe and other high exposure events to try to gain more worldwide and mainstream media exposure for motorcycle racing by fielding the world’s best rider to get the media’s attention. Sometimes when the best rider doesn’t compete in these “high exposure” events the mainstream media doesn’t take the event serious and ask “why doesn’t the top rider races these events, are they not as important as Supercross”? But when the top rider does attend, it gives the events credibility, so then these events with their terrific media avenues get the coverage via television and print that will help our sport grow.

Speaking of outdoors, when we started the L&M team at the end of 2006 the outdoor series didn’t have the greatest TV package as a whole, the events have been raced a venues that needed to be upgraded (some venues, not all), the race day schedule had been the same since I can remember and I started racing professional in 1984 and needed some improvements. In short, the exposure was less than Supercross and we/L&M felt we would be better off by concentrating on the Supercross Championship and putting 100% into it and looking at other one off, high exposure events that would bring attention to our rider’s, are team, our sponsors and try to help build the sport of motorcycle racing. But all this seems to be changing for outdoors or trying to be improved in 2009 by the outdoor series promoter, MX Sport. They are taking a hard look at the venues, making short term improvements and saying long term improvements and/or venues changes are in the future, working on and creating a much improved television package and even changing the race day schedule to help the sport fit television better. Yes, all these are coming in 2009, but still unproven. Time will tell if the outdoor series will be better, actually in the next 4 months we will see what comes of all these changes and if the outdoor series will match what is being done in Supercross and the X-Games.

If MX Sport brings the outdoor series to the level it is trying to reach and all the changes brings the outdoor series to the level of Supercross (and we are hope they succeed) I’m not saying L&M wouldn’t revisit our decision to be a “Supercross only team”. It wouldn’t be very business smart to give up all that exposure, but only time will tell.

There are some very inventive and needed changes happening in the 2009 outdoor motocross series. All of us will be watching their progress closely and I know they will learn on the fly, but I’m glad there are people that broke the cookie cutter mold that we have seen over and over these past 30 plus years that brought the outdoor series to a position where they knew change was needed to grow and they stepped up and took control. Good for you and thank you. Support the outdoor motocross series as a race fan and get your friends to support it also (if they aren’t already) and motorcycle racing might make another leap forward. In this weak economy we had some very surprisingly strong attendance records for the Supercross series and I think the reason was the great battle we were treated to for the Championship and I hope we see the same type of racing go on in the motocross series, but let me tell you, if L&M was committed to do motocross in 2009 we would have had to take our focus off of Supercross halfway through that series and start thinking about, building parts and testing for motocross and we might not have won the 2009 Supercross Championship. I think you can see a little of what I’m talking about if you look at the final Supercross Championship points stands. There are two Supercross only rider and those two guys were 4 points apart and the end of 17 rounds and the third place rider was 107 points behind and he was the first Supercross/Motocross rider and the points were pretty close from there on back. Like I said in the beginning “if your focus is narrowed, the rider and the team have only one goal it will show at the end of the day and the end of the series”. The only proof we have of that are race wins and championship, but that enough proof, I think. For us it was Supercross, but I can imagine a team and/or rider could do the same in the outdoor series/motocross.

Have a great day and thanks for listening and sorry if I rambled on a bit.

Oh yea, James Stewart is one bad dude. 2009 SUPERCROSS CHAMPION!!!!!
Thanks for the explanation Larry, it does make commercial sense and I'm sure anyone in a position who is responsible for maximising media exposure for their team and at the same time focusing on winning a championship would probably follow the same strategy. However it does pose the question of whether you should sit back and wait for others to promote and develop the outdoor series, and then when/if it gets higher exposure, jump onboard and take advantage. Or do you get involved and help the process by fielding the superstars?
Personally, I would want my rider/s to race both series, but if it came down to dollars and cents, and we could only do ourselves justice in one series, obviously it would have to be SX.
Again, thanks for the explanation and congratulations to you, James and the team for a fantastic championship win.
5/12/2009 3:51am
I would rather see Stewart race supercross only for another 6 years, rather than see him race Supercross and Motocross for 3 years.

His goal is McGraths 72 wins, and he can get that. He can't beat RC's outdoor records.

Stewart has nothing to prove outdoors against the current competition. -However, he will probably show up occationally B* slap everyone just to keep the "Villopoto could beat him outdoors" crowd from becoming to loud.

Last point- If you made $10 million for 4 months work, would $12 million for 8 months work and risk of injury sound good to you? Can't blame him.
catatonic
5/12/2009 3:54am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:52pm
There are two Supercross only rider
Apparantley now there is only one.
v1rus99
5/12/2009 4:26am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2009 4:29am
catatonic wrote:
Congrats to Reed.

Wasn't Windham Supercross only as well until recently?
catatonic
5/12/2009 4:28am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2009 4:51am
catatonic wrote:
v1rus99 wrote:
Congrats to Reed.

Wasn't Windham Supercross only as well until recently?
Yes on the congrats to Reed.

Post a reply to: what's all this bullsheeit about james riding

The Latest