what kind of motocross fan...you know, the "hardcore" fan

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 10:02pm
that not only loves the sport and participates in motocross on the weekends...but is also considered an "aficionado" who honestly and truly appreciates motocross racing at it's highest level....would belittle and denigrate one of the greatest icons the sport has ever seen?

The fan that questions a true motocross icons return to racing after an 8 month hiatus due to a serious injury....for NOT winning his 1st race back? What kind of jackoff would say that and where could you find him?

Vital MX baby, that's where!

Headquarters and home-base of USDA, 100% certified and douchebag.org approved, often imitated but never duplicated, Vitalmx.com...home to motocross jackoffs everywhere.

Dan Dunes....go ride
|
Overdrive
8/15/2010 10:58am
Damn right, its great to have him back on the bike and out on the track period.
mrquick
8/15/2010 11:12am
one of the greatest icons the sport has ever seen?

Dayum dude..you want to share some of that stuff you're using?
Overdrive
8/15/2010 11:20am
mrquick wrote:

Are you for real, there isn't a single person in the industry that wouldn't say James is one of the greatest Icons of the sport. He is the first African American champion and he has changed the sport without a doubt. He makes his own decisions and has had doors open to him that no other MX/SX champion has ever had offered to them. I don't always agree with his decisions but there is no doubt he is a great Icon of the sport and I hope he continues to push the sport into the main stream.

The Shop

DavidR
8/15/2010 11:23am
I believe the backlash is simply from the Stewart nutthugers that think James can just show up and hand the field their asses and that Dungey is simply lucky and winning by default because there aren't any fast guys out there. There's no way James was showing up this past weekend and gapping Dungey let alone the field after that much time away, no way. There's too many good guys out there and Dungey, believe it or not Stewart fans, has the speed and more importantly the fitness to run with James. Dungey briefly showed it in SX before James got hurt so why would anyone think with Dungey healthy and racing all year that James can just show up and walk away from him? Those are seriously misguided expectations even for someone of James' caliber. No doubt, if James decides to finish out the series that he will win his share of motos and perhaps a race or two but the field is fast, Dungey is faster and James will have to be in shape to not only beat Dungey but to podium. These guys are fast and there's one guy on a yellow bike that's really fast and that guy has the fitness to give James all he can handle every weekend be it SX or MX. I am glad James is back (I think he's back?) but I promise you they're not just going to hand him the biggest trophy and let him kiss the prettiest girl just because he decides to enter a race, he'll have to earn it.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/15/2010 11:34am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2010 11:35am
BobbyM wrote:
that not only loves the sport and participates in motocross on the weekends...but is also considered an "aficionado" who honestly and truly appreciates motocross racing at...
that not only loves the sport and participates in motocross on the weekends...but is also considered an "aficionado" who honestly and truly appreciates motocross racing at it's highest level....would belittle and denigrate one of the greatest icons the sport has ever seen?

The fan that questions a true motocross icons return to racing after an 8 month hiatus due to a serious injury....for NOT winning his 1st race back? What kind of jackoff would say that and where could you find him?

Headquarters and home-base of USDA, 100% certified and douchebag.org approved, often imitated but never duplicated, Vitalmx.com...home to motocross jackoffs everywhere.

Dan Dunes....go ride
Thanks Bobby...appreciate it.
kongols
8/15/2010 11:35am
If your congressmen can vote against 9/11 rescuers, what are you asking from handfull of shitheads?
Law 131
8/15/2010 11:43am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2010 11:48am
I've never been a Stewart fan.

There is no denying that he is a great motocross talent.

Dungey has proven to me that he is the real deal. I see a guy that sleeps on a bed of nails, pulls a thousand pound wagon uphill while chewing nails and spitting bullets!

Old Stew is a real popular guy. Dungey is a worker that is going to continue to take him to the wood shed.

mrquick
8/15/2010 11:45am
mrquick wrote:

Overdrive wrote:
Are you for real, there isn't a single person in the industry that wouldn't say James is one of the greatest Icons of the sport. He...
Are you for real, there isn't a single person in the industry that wouldn't say James is one of the greatest Icons of the sport. He is the first African American champion and he has changed the sport without a doubt. He makes his own decisions and has had doors open to him that no other MX/SX champion has ever had offered to them. I don't always agree with his decisions but there is no doubt he is a great Icon of the sport and I hope he continues to push the sport into the main stream.
Whatever it takes to get you through the day.....regards.
BobbyM
8/15/2010 12:06pm
mrquick wrote:

24 motos in a row at the highest level in the world. what, besides constantly fapping have you ever done 24 times in row ?

sx and mx champ, one of the few to chink rc's armor...ever.

no, he's not a living legend and sports icon...nah
WhKnuckle
8/15/2010 12:29pm
People can't separate their feelings about the guy from their opinion of his riding. They don't like flashy people, or people who are rich and want the world to know it, or people who think the rules don't apply to them, or people who are attention hounds, and it looks to me like James is all those things. But he's an amazing motocross rider. He does things that nobody on the face of the earth can do - but people can't see it because they hate him personally.

Short, on the other hand, is a guy I'd love to live next door to. He's passionate about the sport, grateful for everything he's got, a humble, happy person, and he's a really, really good rider. But facts are facts, and the facts are he'd get beat by James in 99 out of 100 motos. That's the way life goes sometimes.

You have to objectively separate a personality with their work performance. I work with a guy who's a DCS programmer, and he's as detestable of a person as anyone I ever knew. I can't stand to be in his presence for more than 30 minutes. But he's a freakin' genius with a DCS. If I owned a power plant, I'd hire him in a minute to handle the DCS. I just wouldn't want to hang around with him.
mrquick
8/15/2010 12:39pm
no, he's not a living legend and sports icon...nah

Finally we agree...thanks for seeing it my way.
8/15/2010 12:39pm
I'll take Stewart in the line up anytime. The man showed up and from what I saw he gave it 100%. His speed was slightly off pace of Dungry's but slightly faster than Desalle's. Coming back from a wrist injury and dicing it with Desalle was an impressive showing. Give him another race or two and he's only going to get back to his old speed. And althought I understand Short's selection, Bubba already has his speed covered.
DanDunes818
8/15/2010 12:40pm
DavidR wrote:
I believe the backlash is simply from the Stewart nutthugers that think James can just show up and hand the field their asses and that Dungey...
I believe the backlash is simply from the Stewart nutthugers that think James can just show up and hand the field their asses and that Dungey is simply lucky and winning by default because there aren't any fast guys out there. There's no way James was showing up this past weekend and gapping Dungey let alone the field after that much time away, no way. There's too many good guys out there and Dungey, believe it or not Stewart fans, has the speed and more importantly the fitness to run with James. Dungey briefly showed it in SX before James got hurt so why would anyone think with Dungey healthy and racing all year that James can just show up and walk away from him? Those are seriously misguided expectations even for someone of James' caliber. No doubt, if James decides to finish out the series that he will win his share of motos and perhaps a race or two but the field is fast, Dungey is faster and James will have to be in shape to not only beat Dungey but to podium. These guys are fast and there's one guy on a yellow bike that's really fast and that guy has the fitness to give James all he can handle every weekend be it SX or MX. I am glad James is back (I think he's back?) but I promise you they're not just going to hand him the biggest trophy and let him kiss the prettiest girl just because he decides to enter a race, he'll have to earn it.
Well put and exactly what I've been saying all weekend... I have not once degraded JS . The only person I said anything really bad about was his team manager who I think has ruined JS's legacy. IMHO The only bad thing I had to say about JS was his the mx world owes me a shot at the MXdN attitude. The mx world doesn't owe him shit. Everyone always says JS doesn't owe his fans anything when he doesn't race outdoors well at the same time the industry doesn't owe him a shot at the MXdN team this late in the game just because he wants them to.

Go ride Bobby.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
8/15/2010 12:41pm
BobbyM wrote:
that not only loves the sport and participates in motocross on the weekends...but is also considered an "aficionado" who honestly and truly appreciates motocross racing at...

Dan Dunes....go ride
Same kind of folks that don't hesitate to throw a certain pro's Dad under the bus any chance they get.
DanDunes818
8/15/2010 12:45pm
Exactly crash.. Bobby loves to throw stones all around his glass house.

Oh and BTW I love that JS was back. Most exciting day of MX in years. I've commented numerous times that it was awesome watching him again and hope he continues to race this year. He's an amazing talent and the most exciting rider of all time to watch on a bike IMO. I also commented on how impressive he was coming off the couch. I'm sorry bobby but you need to check yourself sir.
Spinner
8/15/2010 12:48pm
James would have won if he was on a 350!
8/15/2010 12:57pm
I know that you don't have to race to be a fan, but it seems that if you race, especially at higher levels, you understand the sport and what the pro riders go through better.

It is easy to sit back and throw stones at any of these pros at a given time, but all you have to do is get out on the track with them, see how they train during the week, see the sacrifices that they make throughout their lives, see what it is like to injured and come back.

A real racer has been through these things to some degree and understands first hand. These guys are bad ass, all of them.

I hope that the real hardcore fans take this site back and have good discussions about mx/sx racing without all of the bs that seems to go on here on a regular basis.

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
8/15/2010 12:57pm
DavidR wrote:
I believe the backlash is simply from the Stewart nutthugers that think James can just show up and hand the field their asses and that Dungey...
I believe the backlash is simply from the Stewart nutthugers that think James can just show up and hand the field their asses

Chad Reed said in the Matthes podcast he did not think Dungey would be able run Stewarts pace.

Its Chads fault?

Personally I don't think he or the bike is anywhere close to being ready.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
8/15/2010 1:01pm
I know that you don't have to race to be a fan, but it seems that if you race, especially at higher levels, you understand the...
I know that you don't have to race to be a fan, but it seems that if you race, especially at higher levels, you understand the sport and what the pro riders go through better.

It is easy to sit back and throw stones at any of these pros at a given time, but all you have to do is get out on the track with them, see how they train during the week, see the sacrifices that they make throughout their lives, see what it is like to injured and come back.

A real racer has been through these things to some degree and understands first hand. These guys are bad ass, all of them.

I hope that the real hardcore fans take this site back and have good discussions about mx/sx racing without all of the bs that seems to go on here on a regular basis.

Good post.

It is always amusing when people that have accomplished nothing in the sport can criticize one of the few that have accomplished nearly everything.
BobbyM
8/15/2010 1:24pm
BobbyM wrote:

Dan Dunes....go ride
GuyB wrote:
Thanks Bobby...appreciate it.
was being factitious steve...but you must admit, there are quite a few on here that are certified jagoffs
BobbyM
8/15/2010 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2010 1:31pm
BobbyM wrote:

Dan Dunes....go ride
Crash82 wrote:
Same kind of folks that don't hesitate to throw a certain pro's Dad under the bus any chance they get.
how'd mike do this week?

and i certainly don't have the copy right to bashing tony's ideas for his sons racing career/s
Dropbear
8/15/2010 2:32pm
BobbyM wrote:

Dan Dunes....go ride
Spot on!

JS has been amazing during his career. To come back and finish 3rd in your first moto back after 8 months, is incredible. I cant see how any real racer would not understand that.

Cigaro
8/15/2010 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2010 3:15pm
Some peoples posts here are always based on their favoritism or hate for certain riders which clouds up the reality of whats really going on in this series.

While there is some people that are neutral and don't let emotions block what the big picture really is.

Does someone really need to be out there riding and racing to this day to be hardcore fan? I really don't understand what your saying,because a lot of these people that bag on Stewart and Dungey probably are out there participating and riding.

It's the Douchebags that bring there emotion and favoritism in there posts to the boards that make this place look like shit. They usually disrespect every other rider putting in work in the series with there shit talk and don't even realize it.

jmar
8/15/2010 3:08pm
BobbyM wrote:

Dan Dunes....go ride
Great post Bob.
Rooster
8/15/2010 3:16pm
OK, who's gone and hi-jacked Bob's log-in?
Brent
8/15/2010 3:19pm
BobbyM wrote:

Dan Dunes....go ride
I would bet a 1000 bucks that none of the faceless critics would go to a rider's rig after a race and spew the kind of shit they do on this forum.

More than likely they are the guys standing around waiting for an autograph on a poster that they can jerk off to later.

Respect the people who race for a living, they deserve it.

jmar
8/15/2010 4:49pm
BobbyM wrote:

Dan Dunes....go ride
Brent wrote:
I would bet a 1000 bucks that none of the faceless critics would go to a rider's rig after a race and spew the kind of...
I would bet a 1000 bucks that none of the faceless critics would go to a rider's rig after a race and spew the kind of shit they do on this forum.

More than likely they are the guys standing around waiting for an autograph on a poster that they can jerk off to later.

Respect the people who race for a living, they deserve it.

Another winner here.

Outsider
8/15/2010 5:10pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2010 5:11pm
calimxer91 wrote:
You know I've called Dungey, "Dung" before, and I swear I was just shortening it for convenience and read it as "Dunge" right up until I read this post. I'll make sure not to do that to avoid hurting anyone's feelings. Sideways

I think most people just want to see a race, whether it's RD and JS, or RD and RV, or whoever..

and bench race about it before, during and afterwards. We all have favorites, to some extent, and it's supposed to be part of the fun to hype up the race by talking some smack, but, lately it's just to the point of ruining the experience!

I think sometimes we all take this shit WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. JMO Cool

Post a reply to: what kind of motocross fan...you know, the "hardcore" fan

The Latest