what is this, and where do i get them?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/14/2021 9:09 AM

looks like a rubber type material instead of grip tape/sandpaper/etc.

Photo

|

6/14/2021 9:14 AM

it's vibram, the same company that makes the soles for shoes

|

A Year In MX: One Man, One Year, One Sport
All 13 MX races on US soil
http://www.ayearinmx.com

6/14/2021 9:14 AM

Wonder how it does when it gets wet.

|

6/14/2021 9:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2021 9:20 AM

|

A Year In MX: One Man, One Year, One Sport
All 13 MX races on US soil
http://www.ayearinmx.com

6/14/2021 9:30 AM

crowe660 wrote:

Wonder how it does when it gets wet.

They work wonders regardsless.

|

6/14/2021 9:43 AM

crowe660 wrote:

Wonder how it does when it gets wet.

Lasse wrote:

They work wonders regardsless.

You’ve used them, I take it. How long do they last?

|

6/14/2021 9:46 AM

ayearinmx wrote:

it's vibram, the same company that makes the soles for shoes

found a set on motosport.com. thanks, kinda anxious to try them out.

|

6/14/2021 9:56 AM

ayearinmx wrote:

it's vibram, the same company that makes the soles for shoes

dave6 wrote:

found a set on motosport.com. thanks, kinda anxious to try them out.

Anxious??wassat

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

6/14/2021 10:02 AM

Good idea. I grip taped my frame guards and like the added control but wore through the rubber on the inside of my new tech 10’s in 6hrs.

|

6/14/2021 10:04 AM

Looks like the same thing as 3M rubber grip, but probably way more expensive.

3M Grip Tape

|

Two wheels, tacos, and tubes

6/14/2021 10:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2021 10:07 AM

austin_bo wrote:

Looks like the same thing as 3M rubber grip, but probably way more expensive.

3M Grip Tape

Thats regular grip tape. The one posted is rubber

|

6/14/2021 10:10 AM

ayearinmx wrote:

it's vibram, the same company that makes the soles for shoes

dave6 wrote:

found a set on motosport.com. thanks, kinda anxious to try them out.

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

Anxious??wassat

wanting something very much, typically with a feeling of excitement.

|

6/14/2021 10:10 AM

wydopen wrote:

Good idea. I grip taped my frame guards and like the added control but wore through the rubber on the inside of my new tech 10 ...more

exactly.

ordered a set from motosport, we'll see how they do.

|

6/14/2021 10:12 AM

wydopen wrote:

Good idea. I grip taped my frame guards and like the added control but wore through the rubber on the inside of my new tech 10 ...more

dave6 wrote:

exactly.

ordered a set from motosport, we'll see how they do.

I’m going to swap mine out..riding an rm250 with WC frame guards so going to just get a sheet of it and make my own

|

6/14/2021 10:13 AM

austin_bo wrote:

Looks like the same thing as 3M rubber grip, but probably way more expensive.

3M Grip Tape

wydopen wrote:

Thats regular grip tape. The one posted is rubber

It is rubber. I've used it on several bikes. Many factory teams seem to use it as well, e.g. Roczen's 450:
Photo

|

Two wheels, tacos, and tubes

6/14/2021 10:13 AM

|

6/14/2021 10:37 AM

austin_bo wrote:

It is rubber. I've used it on several bikes. Many factory teams seem to use it as well, e.g. Roczen's 450:
Photo

This stuff is the shit.

|

6/14/2021 11:18 AM

Photo
|

Make sure you downvote!

6/14/2021 2:54 PM

EngIceDave wrote: Photo

You and your freaky footwear...


Oh, Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki uses the Vibram stuff, too.

|

6/14/2021 3:17 PM

Stuff is indestructible. Make sure your frame is spotless and free of any grease. Pay special attention where it wraps around the frame. Once you lay it on it can't be repositioned. Doesn't destroy boots either.

Photo

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

6/14/2021 3:26 PM

Kenny Lingus wrote:

Stuff is indestructible. Make sure your frame is spotless and free of any grease. Pay special attention where it wraps around ...more

Where you buyin it?

|

6/14/2021 3:49 PM

Kenny Lingus wrote:

Stuff is indestructible. Make sure your frame is spotless and free of any grease. Pay special attention where it wraps around ...more

xrmark wrote:

Where you buyin it?

Think I got them at Motosport. It was a while back though, like a year+, so who knows now. Only needed to buy one set so far.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

6/14/2021 4:23 PM

I got mine from wps, it holds up really well and isnt much more than the regular grip tape.

|

6/15/2021 6:29 AM

I got some direct from Athena in Italy:

https://www.athena.eu/en-us/corporate/vibram

|

6/15/2021 6:35 AM

gristle568 wrote:

I got mine from wps, it holds up really well and isnt much more than the regular grip tape.

Part number?

|

6/15/2021 6:45 AM

245MX wrote:

I got some direct from Athena in Italy:

https://www.athena.eu/en-us/corporate/vibram

Go here. Then take that part number and search amazon. $37 to my door in 2 days.

|





6/15/2021 9:27 AM

KVA_536 wrote:

Part number?

I just found it in the book at my local dealer and had them order it.

|

6/15/2021 9:30 AM

gristle568 wrote:

I got mine from wps, it holds up really well and isnt much more than the regular grip tape.

KVA_536 wrote:

Part number?

gristle568 wrote:

I just found it in the book at my local dealer and had them order it.

dude.... you're the best. when should i expect them?

|

6/15/2021 3:45 PM

EngIceDave wrote: Photo
GuyB wrote:

You and your freaky footwear...


Oh, Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki uses the Vibram stuff, too.

So you're saying the Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki team uses Vibram toe shoes?

|

Make sure you downvote!

6/15/2021 5:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2021 5:39 PM

That could be perfect on my steel frame 95 cr250.....beat wearing down the paint and it looking like shit after two rides.

|

GP740
Since 1987