what is this about?

APLMAN99
9/2/2012 9:59pm
mx 219 wrote:
people make mistakes, lets be real who hasnt sworn before?... its how you deal with those mistakes. Hopefully, for his sake, RV is a real good...
people make mistakes, lets be real who hasnt sworn before?... its how you deal with those mistakes. Hopefully, for his sake, RV is a real good Christian guy....I will say hearing his Mom before it sounds like she is a Christian, however just because mommy is doesnt make him a Christian.
NoGo wrote:
my personal gauge on the trustworthiness of a rider would be their family and if there family is still around day-to-day. RV/wilson/baggett/canard/dungey/tomac all have a part...
my personal gauge on the trustworthiness of a rider would be their family and if there family is still around day-to-day. RV/wilson/baggett/canard/dungey/tomac all have a part of their family there 24/7 baggett, tomac, and wilson all still live with their parents. dungey and canards parents travel with to majority of the races. and RVs grandparents are at every race even when he isnt racing.
That's a horseshit way to judge a person.
NoGo
9/2/2012 10:52pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
in your opinion.

it makes even less to judge a rider by their interviews on or off the podium.
Mr. G
9/2/2012 10:59pm
Wasn't Hannah's greatest asset his physical ability to ride an entire moto without getting tired? He was really in that good of shape. And those were 45 minute moto's, big difference. That's harder than 3 30 minutes mot's as there is no rest. It is possible to be in that good of shape.
BR_HERO
9/3/2012 12:12am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2012 1:36am
mx 219 wrote:
IMO 75% of Christians are full of ___________. You fill in the blank, and btw that includes priests and pastors. Just because they say they are...
IMO 75% of Christians are full of ___________. You fill in the blank, and btw that includes priests and pastors. Just because they say they are a Christian doesnt mean they truly even understand what it means to be a Christian.

Since you put the edit, I will put in my .02 on RV, I believe he is in that 75%.

The Shop

TomZ
Fantasy
4428th
9/3/2012 5:30am
Barcia is the fasest rider out there in the 250 class, PERIOD. Let me rephrase....Barcia is the fastest "Non Cheating" Rider in the 250 class. Sometime...
Barcia is the fasest rider out there in the 250 class, PERIOD.

Let me rephrase....Barcia is the fastest "Non Cheating" Rider in the 250 class.

Sometime soon we will all find out how #1 and #2 in the point standings are able to push so hard late in these motos.

I am sure a big trainer on the circuit is sweating bullets looking at this thread....FACT

If you guys do not think "its" going on, you are dead wrong.
mx 219 wrote:
I have a little list of riders I think are using PED's (think being the key word there), but Tomac is not on that list. He...
I have a little list of riders I think are using PED's (think being the key word there), but Tomac is not on that list. He doesnt seem like that kind of guy, neither does Canard, or Dungey, though I guess you never really know.

In defending Tomac, I am taking a "Atmosphere" class this semester and my prof just talked about Coloardo the other day, he said it would be the ideal place to train if you were an athlete, especially if the sport requires a fair amount of endurance. Can't punish the guy for being raised there.
Outsider wrote:
Nobody wants to accuse all american, apple pie type guys like Tomac or Dungey of using, oh the horror! No way those guys would do it...
Nobody wants to accuse all american, apple pie type guys like Tomac or Dungey of using, oh the horror! No way those guys would do it!

But, "some" people on this board like "Uptite" for instance, have no problem saying Aldon Baker is giving his guys PED's. His guys are RV and BB. Yeah, they are using but no one else is.

Interesting to say the least...
Aldon Baker has used PED's with all of his riders for years...........the PED,s I refer to are "performance enhancing diets" of course.

Is it possible that some guys train better, harder or are simply genetic wonders ??

Tomac has a gene pool that would be the envy of many world class athletes. Add to that a work ethic in the family that was renowned and being raised in Colorado and you might have a recipe for success.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
9/3/2012 7:31am
mx 219 wrote:
IMO 75% of Christians are full of ___________. You fill in the blank, and btw that includes priests and pastors. Just because they say they are...
IMO 75% of Christians are full of ___________. You fill in the blank, and btw that includes priests and pastors. Just because they say they are a Christian doesnt mean they truly even understand what it means to be a Christian.

Since you put the edit, I will put in my .02 on RV, I believe he is in that 75%.
BR_HERO wrote:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/kCbkY.jpg[/img]
Ok, so after proving my point you come back at me and make a joke about my religion. I should have figured, I mean you can't argue with anyone... you simply call them an idiot, or worse, and make yourself look like an idiot in doing so.
APLMAN99
9/3/2012 8:27am
mx 219 wrote:
Ok, so after proving my point you come back at me and make a joke about my religion. I should have figured, I mean you can't...
Ok, so after proving my point you come back at me and make a joke about my religion. I should have figured, I mean you can't argue with anyone... you simply call them an idiot, or worse, and make yourself look like an idiot in doing so.
Calling someone an idiot is pretty mild compared to questioning a person's Christianity, isn't it?
Stompin
9/3/2012 8:28am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2012 8:29am
mx 219 wrote:
people make mistakes, lets be real who hasnt sworn before?... its how you deal with those mistakes. Hopefully, for his sake, RV is a real good...
people make mistakes, lets be real who hasnt sworn before?... its how you deal with those mistakes. Hopefully, for his sake, RV is a real good Christian guy....I will say hearing his Mom before it sounds like she is a Christian, however just because mommy is doesnt make him a Christian.
NoGo wrote:
my personal gauge on the trustworthiness of a rider would be their family and if there family is still around day-to-day. RV/wilson/baggett/canard/dungey/tomac all have a part...
my personal gauge on the trustworthiness of a rider would be their family and if there family is still around day-to-day. RV/wilson/baggett/canard/dungey/tomac all have a part of their family there 24/7 baggett, tomac, and wilson all still live with their parents. dungey and canards parents travel with to majority of the races. and RVs grandparents are at every race even when he isnt racing.
APLMAN99 wrote:
no shit. jefferery daumers parents were saints lol
jeffro503
9/3/2012 8:58am
mx 219 wrote:
I have a little list of riders I think are using PED's (think being the key word there), but Tomac is not on that list. He...
I have a little list of riders I think are using PED's (think being the key word there), but Tomac is not on that list. He doesnt seem like that kind of guy, neither does Canard, or Dungey, though I guess you never really know.

In defending Tomac, I am taking a "Atmosphere" class this semester and my prof just talked about Coloardo the other day, he said it would be the ideal place to train if you were an athlete, especially if the sport requires a fair amount of endurance. Can't punish the guy for being raised there.
Outsider wrote:
Nobody wants to accuse all american, apple pie type guys like Tomac or Dungey of using, oh the horror! No way those guys would do it...
Nobody wants to accuse all american, apple pie type guys like Tomac or Dungey of using, oh the horror! No way those guys would do it!

But, "some" people on this board like "Uptite" for instance, have no problem saying Aldon Baker is giving his guys PED's. His guys are RV and BB. Yeah, they are using but no one else is.

TomZ wrote:
Aldon Baker has used PED's with all of his riders for years...........the PED,s I refer to are "performance enhancing diets" of course. Is it possible that...
Aldon Baker has used PED's with all of his riders for years...........the PED,s I refer to are "performance enhancing diets" of course.

Is it possible that some guys train better, harder or are simply genetic wonders ??

Tomac has a gene pool that would be the envy of many world class athletes. Add to that a work ethic in the family that was renowned and being raised in Colorado and you might have a recipe for success.
It's an easy way to dismiss someone's hard work TomZ. Couch potatoes and other people who arn't able or willing to put in the hard work use the easy route out of the argument and just try to dismiss everything on PED's......They have to be cheating......is their mentality. Truth is......we are NOT all born equal and some are built to excel in certain sports.....it's just the way it is. Look at it this way.....with Eli's build.......how do you think he would of done if he wanted to become a professional power lifter? He just aint built like that.....but some dudes are.

My opinion is the PED's thing is blown way out of proportion. And the finger always gets pointed at the guys who are winning. Did they point the fingers at Eli at the begging of the series? No....they were pointing at Bagget. And this past weekend.....it looks like Eli just plain whooped everyone.......including Bagget. Did Baggets little bag of PED's run dry? Did his supplier go on vacation?

Shit.....I'm 44yrs old now....and am amazed at what I can do when I push myself. If I was 20yrs old and did this shit for a living....It would make it a lot easier to push myself for 35min at 100% MHR. I was doing damn near that in my friggin' 30's!
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
9/3/2012 9:43am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Calling someone an idiot is pretty mild compared to questioning a person's Christianity, isn't it?
my last post in this thread:

I think it is funny that you guys talk about the pussification of America, yet its clearly in front of you with religion. People think that if you are a "good" person you will be in heaven and just because someone says they are a Christian they are.

Here is the truth, not everyone gets a trophy, like some kids in non-competitive sports leagues, and not everyone is going to be in heaven. Not every "Christian" is going to be in heaven, in fact I'd be surprised if 50%, actually 25% are in heaven.

Its not hard for me to question the Christianity of some people when the bible clearly states one thing and a person does another. Go ahead guys, you can criticize the good guys like TC41 for his podium speech but when its all said and done it will be worth it for Mr. Canard. And you can criticize me for believing what I do and "putting it in your face" but, someone asked me why I didnt think RV was a Christian and I answered the question. I dont hold back, thats not the way I was raised.
Barrett57
9/3/2012 9:52am
mx 219 wrote:
my last post in this thread: I think it is funny that you guys talk about the pussification of America, yet its clearly in front of...

I think it is funny that you guys talk about the pussification of America, yet its clearly in front of you with religion. People think that if you are a "good" person you will be in heaven and just because someone says they are a Christian they are.

Here is the truth, not everyone gets a trophy, like some kids in non-competitive sports leagues, and not everyone is going to be in heaven. Not every "Christian" is going to be in heaven, in fact I'd be surprised if 50%, actually 25% are in heaven.

Its not hard for me to question the Christianity of some people when the bible clearly states one thing and a person does another. Go ahead guys, you can criticize the good guys like TC41 for his podium speech but when its all said and done it will be worth it for Mr. Canard. And you can criticize me for believing what I do and "putting it in your face" but, someone asked me why I didnt think RV was a Christian and I answered the question. I dont hold back, thats not the way I was raised.
I don't know whats worse, going to heaven and being surrounded by hardcore christians for eternity or going to hell.

And by the way, I dont hate religion or christians, there are just a few who think they know what god is thinking like you that piss me off.
wildbill
9/3/2012 12:06pm
yosmithy wrote:
you'll never get the truth while the entire MX/SX press corp are all juicing...
TFS' amazing transformation into rocket scientology.
wreckitrandy
9/3/2012 1:49pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
mx 219 wrote:
my last post in this thread: I think it is funny that you guys talk about the pussification of America, yet its clearly in front of...

'the bible clearly states one thing and a person does another,,,,' Well, yeah. Otherwise, the blood of Jesus wouldn't be on our hands. Paul said 'that that I should do I don't and that that I shouldn't do I do.' something close to that anyway so, we all need the same Grace.
Oh, and btw,,,,,,,in before dumbgeon
stash124
9/3/2012 2:26pm
Is anyone going to point out the fact that Barcia later tweeted that his comment had nothing to do with the sport of motocross?
Outsider
9/3/2012 2:27pm
stash124 wrote:
Is anyone going to point out the fact that Barcia later tweeted that his comment had nothing to do with the sport of motocross?
Shhhh.. not now! Woohoo
jeffro503
9/3/2012 3:23pm
Holy crap........Barcia posts about someone cheating ( probably his ex-girlfriend , or his neighbor on his taxes ).......and this thread derailed into a 3 pager of "All the top guys are dopers using peds "....and ......" If we don't believe in the bible , we'll all burn in hell "

Got it.

One thing is for sure.....If Barcia ever reads this thread , he's going to be laughing his ass off. And he would be well within his rights to do so.
TomZ
Fantasy
4428th
9/3/2012 5:19pm
Outsider wrote:

TomZ wrote:
Aldon Baker has used PED's with all of his riders for years...........the PED,s I refer to are "performance enhancing diets" of course. Is it possible that...

jeffro503 wrote:
It's an easy way to dismiss someone's hard work TomZ. Couch potatoes and other people who arn't able or willing to put in the hard work...
It's an easy way to dismiss someone's hard work TomZ. Couch potatoes and other people who arn't able or willing to put in the hard work use the easy route out of the argument and just try to dismiss everything on PED's......They have to be cheating......is their mentality. Truth is......we are NOT all born equal and some are built to excel in certain sports.....it's just the way it is. Look at it this way.....with Eli's build.......how do you think he would of done if he wanted to become a professional power lifter? He just aint built like that.....but some dudes are.

My opinion is the PED's thing is blown way out of proportion. And the finger always gets pointed at the guys who are winning. Did they point the fingers at Eli at the begging of the series? No....they were pointing at Bagget. And this past weekend.....it looks like Eli just plain whooped everyone.......including Bagget. Did Baggets little bag of PED's run dry? Did his supplier go on vacation?

Shit.....I'm 44yrs old now....and am amazed at what I can do when I push myself. If I was 20yrs old and did this shit for a living....It would make it a lot easier to push myself for 35min at 100% MHR. I was doing damn near that in my friggin' 30's!
Jeffro .......that is funny. It couldn't be the hard work.......surely there is some secret potion right .

Today at the races someone asked me what I was taking to stay in shape, I said I took a bunch of things last week......about 40 miles of running, another 50 or so on the mountain bike and a basket full of push ups,dips and chin up. Top it off with some medicine ball work and stretching. Then add some good food that is light on the wheat products and heavy on whole foods.

Poof.....just like that I was fit !!!

Now if only I had skills.......... And was 30 years younger.
APLMAN99
9/3/2012 6:02pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
mx 219 wrote:

I've always believed that to be Christian you have to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, not to mention Him on the podium at a motorcycle race.......

And that acceptance is a personal thing, something that you or I probably wouldn't be present for at the time.

You seem to be more interested in the window dressing sort of Christianity........
chrisbuehler
9/3/2012 6:12pm
stash124 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
Shhhh.. not now! Woohoo
Fucking HAR!
mx5471
9/3/2012 6:46pm
There has been no other sport that has cheated more than long distance bicycle racing, as in Tour de France. Their sport requires endurance, for the long term. It doesn't require the skills that MX does, but MX is similar in the endurance category. PED's are one way, to do that, and everyone is talking about it here. Armstrong had his own blood frozen, some of it for 7 years. It's called blood packing. They take your blood, just as if you donated it. Then they spin it and by some magic, it creates a lot more red blood cells, which carry oxygen to your muscles. Then they inject it back into you in stages, before an event. Virtually undetectable, as it's your own blood. It gives the endurance to last and keep up the pace. I highly doubt that any drug testing in MX is even close to being as good as in Tour de France, or the Olympics. There will never be any proof of anyone doing any of this in our sport. The best answer is the one the first guy said on here. Sour grapes, because you didn't win. Who's to say that person isn't doing it too, but it's not working out as good. I'm not saying anyone is doing it, PED' s or other things,but people forsake their child's future to be a champion in this sport. Home schooling, we all know how that works. Why do you think they would stop there? Think about it a minute. There's more going on than you think. Unfortunately, it's just a fact of life now.
Mr. G
9/4/2012 2:39am
True, and it is not a drug. How is that illegal? How about Dibencozide, is that illegal? It is just a biologically active form of B12.
Crush
9/4/2012 7:00am
How anyone would question RV in relation to PEDs is beyond me...

He's been charging 110% to the end of motos since 65s...

As for Bagget/Eli... Bagget has always been a charger too and Eli trains in the mountains...

Some people are just fuckin badasses, that's all...

I'm not saying it isn't/doesn't go on... But you gotta look at it sensibly...

You could say that if someone like BamBam or Stanton was to complain about other riders, maybe, just maybe, they should look at the amount of energy Justin wastes with the way he rides... Could be that last 5-10%...

Post a reply to: what is this about?

The Latest