what happened to the 2018 crf 250?

make1go
2/3/2018 12:38am
tempura wrote:
What are you blubbering on about now..? I made reference to the Yamaha motor being a good all round motor with roll on power everywhere, and...
What are you blubbering on about now..?
I made reference to the Yamaha motor being a good all round motor with roll on power everywhere, and suiting a wide spectrum of riders.
I'll excuse your heavy sarcasm if you stop being such a Honda protectionist? lol...
kiwifan wrote:
Surely you are smart enough to get what I meant?

What is worse hating on a brand or defending one ? lol
Defending a corperate entity that has absolutly nothing to do with you or critisizing a product that has obvious flaws...
Whats worse he asks..lol.
tempura
2/3/2018 12:44am
tempura wrote:
What are you blubbering on about now..? I made reference to the Yamaha motor being a good all round motor with roll on power everywhere, and...
I made reference to the Yamaha motor being a good all round motor with roll on power everywhere, and suiting a wide spectrum of riders.
I'll excuse your heavy sarcasm if you stop being such a Honda protectionist? lol...
kiwifan wrote:

Happy new year to you!
I'm smart enough to know your definition of "hating", especially if it concerns Honda, is hugely exaggerated. Are you a share holder by any chance? lol..
It's a discussion, opinions vary. No need to throw your toy out the pram at every opportunity.
By the way, I also ride a CRF, among other brands.
kiwifan
2/3/2018 12:49am
tempura wrote:
kiwifan wrote:

make1go wrote:
Defending a corperate entity that has absolutly nothing to do with you or critisizing a product that has obvious flaws...
so if I criticize the brand you ride you have no issue whatsoever and wouldnt defend it? C'mon, man!
kiwifan
2/3/2018 12:54am
tempura wrote:
Happy new year to you! I'm smart enough to know your definition of "hating", especially if it concerns Honda, is hugely exaggerated. Are you a share...
Happy new year to you!
I'm smart enough to know your definition of "hating", especially if it concerns Honda, is hugely exaggerated. Are you a share holder by any chance? lol..
It's a discussion, opinions vary. No need to throw your toy out the pram at every opportunity.
By the way, I also ride a CRF, among other brands.
I didnt say you hate the brand at all, you inferred that...all I said was which was worse....

Believe me if I wanted to throw my toys out I would, I keep quite civil in my comments Smile Not much point in doing otherwise on a forum site eh?

Anyway I am off to suck on my thumb, be safe Smile

The Shop

make1go
2/3/2018 2:23am
kiwifan wrote:

make1go wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
so if I criticize the brand you ride you have no issue whatsoever and wouldnt defend it? C'mon, man!
Absolutely no qualms what so ever, i currently have Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha bikes, mx, off road and road. I would only defend a specific product that i had experience with and thought it was being unduely slammed imo. I have exactly ZERO brand loyalty, my first bikes from when i was 15 was Honda, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki......I see similar fanboi-ism (sorry to use that term) in the electronic musical instruments that i also love.. Probably why Im sort of a Yamaha guy, up until a few months ago, I had 5 Yamaha bikes and 6 Yamaha musical instruments, even tho my first Yamaha a 77 YZ125D was a gearbox nightmare (it did teach me how to split cases and do gearboxes when I was 16 so there was an 'upside')..?.
neysbo
2/3/2018 3:01am
Lastander wrote:
Has anyone got any dyno pics? Picked up my -18 crf450 last night and i asked my dealer how slow the new 250 actually was. He...
Has anyone got any dyno pics? Picked up my -18 crf450 last night and i asked my dealer how slow the new 250 actually was. He is a former 125 GP rider and was one of the guys that spent time with Gajser in italy riding the new bike at the intro, and after 3 days the cluch was busted and had to be replaced, but the engine was just fine according to him. Last week he put a brand new one on a dyno along with a -18 sxf250, and the Honda had 2 horsepower more at peak
brocsdad wrote:
Someone is trying to sell a Honda! According to the best motor builders out there the Honda is 3hp down on top and close to 4...
Someone is trying to sell a Honda!

According to the best motor builders out there the Honda is 3hp down on top and close to 4 in the mid range.

Actually all the Jap bikes are down 3 plus HP to the KTM. The yamaha is down 4 and Kaw close to 5 so in reality all the Jap 250's are sucking ass. They all need work to be competitive with KTM/Husky. I have seen the Honda gain alot with the Vortex Ignition on setting 7 , oxygenated race fuel, Yosh full system. It does suck that no matter what Jap bike you get that you will be dropping some coin to grab some ponies.

Post a reply to: what happened to the 2018 crf 250?

The Latest