what ever happened to Berik boots?

8/31/2014 2:19am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2015 12:56pm
KMC440 wrote:
What size boots you wear Gibby ....
GuyB wrote:
12. (I just said that so I wouldn't have to send you $5 so you wouldn't ship them to me.) Wink
jmc2
Fantasy
1626th
8/31/2014 8:59am
I picked up a pair of Berik boots a few years ago on closeout. They seemed to hold up ok. I guess I had good luck with them.
Cygnus
8/31/2014 10:01am
I remember guys posting that they were cutting the plastic around the Achilles area of the boots when they were brand new cause it was so stiff. No way I'm cutting my new boots to flex. I'll stick with Sidi's as long as my old ass can ride.

The Shop

stangkag
6/12/2020 6:50pm

I know, super old thread to dig up but today I was dragged into a thrift shop with my wife and while she was looking at shoes I seen these. Had to get them for her, shes new to riding and we are trying to get her budget gear at first to see if shes going to stick with the sport!

Got em home and found this thread saying they're pure junk haha figures! Cant go to wrong for $25 though. If the wife keeps riding ill get her some tech 7's in 6 months or so!
6/13/2020 7:34pm
Thelen20 wrote:
You make a valid point . . . Would you settle for rumored details??? Lol
I thought it was around 1 million for the year for RC to wear them. I think he only ran them for a year and switched back to alpinestars. Maybe this was due to not being paid.
jemcee
6/13/2020 8:26pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the ones RC were wearing were nothing like the ones that were for sale at your...
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the ones RC were wearing were nothing like the ones that were for sale at your local dealer...... Just sayin...
Whaat? That's crazy.. You wouldn't hear of any other boot company having a different boot they give to the pro riders.. and absolutely definitely not one of the biggest boot brands in the sport haha
6/14/2020 4:44am
I always thought they looked the part. My brother still has a couple pairs in his garage I think.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/14/2020 8:12am
Thelen20 wrote:
You make a valid point . . . Would you settle for rumored details??? Lol
I thought it was around 1 million for the year for RC to wear them. I think he only ran them for a year and switched...
I thought it was around 1 million for the year for RC to wear them. I think he only ran them for a year and switched back to alpinestars. Maybe this was due to not being paid.
He ran them in 2005 and 2006, before switching to Fox F3s for his final/part time season.

I believe he did end up getting paid even though the company went through bankruptcy shortly after. Not sure if the amount was that high, that’s off the charts for a boot deal. But I’m going off a rough memory of asking him about it like 5 years ago...
uncledaddy69
Fantasy
1131st
12/7/2022 8:13pm

I remember seeing him in these when he signed with Suzuki and being like, “wtf are those?” So ugly and apparently not comfortable 🤢

yota
12/7/2022 8:28pm

8-year-old thread you dredged up, but it was good to see an old post by Newmann.  miss his posts.

12/7/2022 10:45pm
yota wrote:

8-year-old thread you dredged up, but it was good to see an old post by Newmann.  miss his posts.

It's all good. Goes well with the Suzuki hype right now.

12/8/2022 2:29am
newmann wrote:
Their mouth wrote checks their ass couldn't cover. Seems to be a good bit of that in this "industry".
GuyB wrote:
I laugh every time someone says how things are, "in this industry." As you roam around various different industries, you discover that it's not isolate to...
I laugh every time someone says how things are, "in this industry."

As you roam around various different industries, you discover that it's not isolate to motorcycles, or motocross, or sports. It's fairly universal.

'The Industry' is actually in GREAT SHAPE.   Never been better, but, it's true, many of the big name brands have sold out.  Making in Asia cuts manufacturing costs, increases profits.  Do your research, buy from a brand you know are making right, and haven't sold out.  Talking about ankle injuries, look at JH84, you think he's wearing cheap crap, nope. The angle of the dangle in many crashes.  Yes, he's made from chalk, but still, his boots are amazing.

Post a reply to: what ever happened to Berik boots?

The Latest