travel insurance that covers motocross

honda123
anyone know any companys that cover motocross?

heading to america for a riding holiday with ride california and struggling to find insurance
|
22Ryann
Fantasy
4098th
8/8/2016 5:00am
You will find nearly all of the insurance companies limit there coverage up to 200cc i believe.

So be careful and read each one. I had one that covered me last trip ill try and chase it up
Whitey
8/8/2016 5:30am
This question comes up now and then so just do a search as there have been threads started already.

I think the guys name is Brandon Parrish that posts on here and has a company that can help.
philG
8/8/2016 5:45am
Talk to Ride California... they will have policies that cover you for this type of stuff.

My son went with CMH, and they had a policy especially for the 2 weeks they rode. Not cheap , but not stupid dear either.

The Shop

scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
7/17/2017 1:20pm
you will need to find a motorsports specific insurance, and it wont be cheap,

normal travel insurance normally only covers scooters, and will not cover riding at a MX track,
Tonynz
7/17/2017 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2017 3:45pm
I used Ridersurance Brandon Parrish, covered everything, but you had to take out a 3 month period.
I also think Visit USA (American visitor insurance) insurance will cover you but not as much maybe up to $100,000,
I should have checked date someone dragged up an old post.
TomC31
7/17/2017 4:52pm
honda123 wrote:

heading to america for a riding holiday with ride california and struggling to find insurance
Worldnomads worked for me, i travelled to California in January for riding, i got hurt and they sorted everything, very good people to deal with, everything was easy. Once i healed i returned in April and used them again.
7/17/2017 5:15pm
Don't sweat it. All the illegal immigrants in the US just show up at the Emergency Room, and the US tax payer covers the bill.
TomC31
7/17/2017 5:22pm
Don't sweat it. All the illegal immigrants in the US just show up at the Emergency Room, and the US tax payer covers the bill.
That is for sure not the case, if we didnt have insurance it was going to be $7000 for me to get 1 xray and to get a half cast on my arm as when i flew home i knew on the plane the pressure would make it swell so i had to take it off, if our insurance didnt cover it or we didnt have the money we could not leave the country.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
7/17/2017 5:37pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2017 5:40pm
TomC31 wrote:
That is for sure not the case, if we didnt have insurance it was going to be $7000 for me to get 1 xray and to...
That is for sure not the case, if we didnt have insurance it was going to be $7000 for me to get 1 xray and to get a half cast on my arm as when i flew home i knew on the plane the pressure would make it swell so i had to take it off, if our insurance didnt cover it or we didnt have the money we could not leave the country.
A large number, of ER visits are from uninsured citizens and/ or other groups that cant, and dont pay. I worked ER for years and personally experienced the majority of visits as primary care. They cant even ask you for a pay source in order to receive care. Now, once they got back and care was established, then they could ask for pay source, but can't refuse the ER visit due to inability to pay. Its the EMTALA law. Tax dollars do cover costs, in one way or the other. Having said that, being able to leave or enter another country is something I dont know about.
TomC31
7/17/2017 5:44pm
TomC31 wrote:
That is for sure not the case, if we didnt have insurance it was going to be $7000 for me to get 1 xray and to...
kzizok wrote:
A large number, of ER visits are from uninsured citizens and/ or other groups that cant, and dont pay. I worked ER for years and personally...
A large number, of ER visits are from uninsured citizens and/ or other groups that cant, and dont pay. I worked ER for years and personally experienced the majority of visits as primary care. They cant even ask you for a pay source in order to receive care. Now, once they got back and care was established, then they could ask for pay source, but can't refuse the ER visit due to inability to pay. Its the EMTALA law. Tax dollars do cover costs, in one way or the other. Having said that, being able to leave or enter another country is something I dont know about.
I understand that may be the case, and that is not ideal, but what i meant was referring to not bothering with insurance when arriving from Australia, because that is not the right thing to do, upon my arrival to the hospital my partner was requested to present my passport and all our information, if my insurance didn't pay, we weren't leaving the country until we did pay, and as you cannot work with a short term travel visa, someone from home must send you the money to get you out.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
7/17/2017 6:03pm
^^^Interesting. I guess that scenario is something I never really thought about. I imagine its not really of concern with illegals not wanting to leave the country.
TomC31
7/17/2017 6:14pm
kzizok wrote:
^^^Interesting. I guess that scenario is something I never really thought about. I imagine its not really of concern with illegals not wanting to leave the...
^^^Interesting. I guess that scenario is something I never really thought about. I imagine its not really of concern with illegals not wanting to leave the country.
Yeah for sure, and its a totally understandable situation, but would be a very bad situation if someone didn't have the funds to return home.
TomC31
7/17/2017 6:56pm
I can absolutely guarantee they do, after I left the hospital and all the insurance was sorted out, when we arrived at LAX the airline already knew and confirmed it all checked out, they told me at the hospital if I didn't have insurance or couldn't pay they wouldn't have done anything, and they copied my passport and all my information.

We also had a close friend years ago break his leg, he had to get a helicopter and 4 days in hospital, the bill was so large his family had to take a loan out to send the money to get him home.

The people in the hospital in my case where all great people, but it's just the way the system is coming from here to there!
Tonynz
7/17/2017 7:19pm
honda123 wrote:

TomC31 wrote:
Worldnomads worked for me, i travelled to California in January for riding, i got hurt and they sorted everything, very good people to deal with, everything...
Worldnomads worked for me, i travelled to California in January for riding, i got hurt and they sorted everything, very good people to deal with, everything was easy. Once i healed i returned in April and used them again.
TomC31, Did Worldnomads, have any issue with you riding? I know a few of the insurance companies I looked at would not insure for MX riding. Some will insure but not if you are riding a proper MX track.
TomC31
7/17/2017 7:26pm
Tonynz wrote:
TomC31, Did Worldnomads, have any issue with you riding? I know a few of the insurance companies I looked at would not insure for MX riding...
TomC31, Did Worldnomads, have any issue with you riding? I know a few of the insurance companies I looked at would not insure for MX riding. Some will insure but not if you are riding a proper MX track.
They had no problem with riding as I selected the extreme sports then off road motorcycle on the application for my insurance!
TomC31
7/17/2017 7:27pm
I tried not to get into the politics of it all as I wanted to get home but I can understand what you mean !
NHtoWA421
7/17/2017 9:58pm
Whatever you do, make sure you get it in writing from the company that they will cover you. I have used aig before for a heli skiing trip, but I made sure that I had documentation from the company that they covered it as the policy didn't specifically state it.
Tonynz
7/17/2017 10:33pm
NHtoWA421 wrote:
Whatever you do, make sure you get it in writing from the company that they will cover you. I have used aig before for a heli...
Whatever you do, make sure you get it in writing from the company that they will cover you. I have used aig before for a heli skiing trip, but I made sure that I had documentation from the company that they covered it as the policy didn't specifically state it.
That's why I used Ridersurance this year, you had all the documentation from Brandon.

Post a reply to: travel insurance that covers motocross

The Latest