Braaap14
9/8/2012 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2012 6:11pm
Alessi! We all saw it

Smooth bro
|
pawsan
9/8/2012 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2012 5:12pm
alessi rode like a boss today!

a foot outside a marker after a bobble on a jump................

no big deal.
watson
9/8/2012 5:44pm
Track cutting is rampant with everyone today. There's a whole inside line cut outside of the track markers in one turn.
SlowMoFo
9/8/2012 5:47pm
He came short and the bike headed on the opposite direction(out of the markers). He corrected it and was back in in less than 10 ft. Big deal! I thought RC exaggerated a little!
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
850th
9/8/2012 8:11pm
Yes, did anyone else see Jesse Nelson's line? I believe it was the one watson was talking about. I had to do a double take. It showed it in moto 1. When they were talking about Jesse Nelson, and it showed him bomb into a corner, outside of the track markers the entire way around the corner and over the next jump. In slow-mo I believe I counted six track markers in total that he missed.
I have nothing against the kid, I haven't followed him at all. Just thought it was very blatant, and a little strange that RC nor Emig commented on it.

The Shop

TerryK
9/8/2012 9:49pm
No harm no foul as long as the rider dosen't gain an advantage.
Switch
9/8/2012 9:52pm
TerryK wrote:
This is the way I see it
TerryK
9/8/2012 9:54pm
TerryK wrote:
Switch wrote:
This is the way I see it
It's the way the AMA rule book sees it as well.
Switch
9/8/2012 10:22pm
TerryK wrote:
Switch wrote:
This is the way I see it
TerryK wrote:
That book tends to have an influence on what I see as legal.

/Stupid thread.
Fat Fingers
9/8/2012 10:28pm
What you need is some of that green shit they have in the gp's.
9/8/2012 10:31pm
TerryK wrote:
Switch wrote:
This is the way I see it
TerryK wrote:
So if i holeshot a supercross race.. ride around the whoops triples and rythm sections can i still win?
9/8/2012 10:34pm
TerryK wrote:
yeah, but what is the definition of an advantage? Certainly gaining a position is one we all agree, but what if cutting a corner gains you an extra couple seconds on the rider in front of you and with two laps to go, that makes the difference between you passing on last corner...?
PFitzG38
9/8/2012 10:35pm
Did anyone see Jason Andersons sweet cheater line on the downhill off camber before the big booter double in the infield of the main track? He was turning the huge off camber into a nice feet up bowl berm by cuttting four of the Acerbis markers. I saw him do it three times in the first laps of the second moto......umm, creative?!?
TDeath21
9/8/2012 10:35pm
I think it's definitely something they need to be stricter on. To do that though, they need to make the rule book black and white instead of having so much gray area.
Lightning78
9/8/2012 10:37pm
There were a lot of track cutters today that tv didn't catch
chump6784
9/8/2012 11:01pm
TerryK wrote:
yeah, but what is the definition of an advantage? Certainly gaining a position is one we all agree, but what if cutting a corner gains you...
yeah, but what is the definition of an advantage? Certainly gaining a position is one we all agree, but what if cutting a corner gains you an extra couple seconds on the rider in front of you and with two laps to go, that makes the difference between you passing on last corner...?
if you gain a couple of seconds then that is gaining an advantage and should be penalised. Also cutting the track just to miss a mud hole, large braking bump etc should be penalised even if no physical advantage is gained. It may mean conserving energy by missing an obstacle

Everyone gets out of shape and sometimes the only option is to go off the track. Sometimes that isn't an option, the bike is going that way and you just gotta go for the ride until you can get it under control. If someone cuts the same section of track a number of times it has to be looked at.

I think everyone knows what gaining an advantage is. I just think it is not enforced enough and people will always push the limit until someone is pinged for it
Switch
9/8/2012 11:06pm
TerryK wrote:
yeah, but what is the definition of an advantage? Certainly gaining a position is one we all agree, but what if cutting a corner gains you...
chump6784 wrote:
if you gain a couple of seconds then that is gaining an advantage and should be penalised. Also cutting the track just to miss a mud...
if you gain a couple of seconds then that is gaining an advantage and should be penalised. Also cutting the track just to miss a mud hole, large braking bump etc should be penalised even if no physical advantage is gained. It may mean conserving energy by missing an obstacle

Everyone gets out of shape and sometimes the only option is to go off the track. Sometimes that isn't an option, the bike is going that way and you just gotta go for the ride until you can get it under control. If someone cuts the same section of track a number of times it has to be looked at.

I think everyone knows what gaining an advantage is. I just think it is not enforced enough and people will always push the limit until someone is pinged for it
40 riders on the track, do you want to put a "course marshall" on every corner/jump/straight to see who does what? Who will decide the "he said/she said" arguements from the riders when they say the marshall is full of shit and there is no video evidence?
chump6784
9/9/2012 1:45am
chump6784 wrote:
if you gain a couple of seconds then that is gaining an advantage and should be penalised. Also cutting the track just to miss a mud...

Switch wrote:
40 riders on the track, do you want to put a "course marshall" on every corner/jump/straight to see who does what? Who will decide the "he...
40 riders on the track, do you want to put a "course marshall" on every corner/jump/straight to see who does what? Who will decide the "he said/she said" arguements from the riders when they say the marshall is full of shit and there is no video evidence?
Yeah na you are right, its too hard, let's do nothing and let the riders do as they wish. Nearly every other form of motorsport has a penalty system where competitors can be penalized at the discretion of a marshall, sometimes they have video evidence. It will only take one or two penalties before riders stop blatantly cutting the track
9/9/2012 2:09am
Switch wrote:
40 riders on the track, do you want to put a "course marshall" on every corner/jump/straight to see who does what? Who will decide the "he...
as far as the he said/she said stuff goes, apparently they have no issues sending you a picture of another rider and claiming that as proof that you cut the track...
9/9/2012 2:30am
Switch wrote:
Don't need a "course marshall". You just need sensors in each of the side markers that detect when a transponder crosses the boundry. All electronic.
tns
9/9/2012 2:36am
Slap some of the gp green netting on the inside line then no one will cut the line
9/9/2012 4:03am
TerryK wrote:
Switch wrote:
This is the way I see it
TerryK wrote:
A line is an advantage. Presumably the line forms because the riders believe it faster, ergo it provides an advantage. There was a thread about this a race or two ago and DC said it was cool for safety reasons. I don't think that applied here. And the problem is all the grey this creates in the rules.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/9/2012 4:22am
68 wrote:
So if i holeshot a supercross race.. ride around the whoops triples and rythm sections can i still win?
As soon as you ever make it into a Supercross we'll all worry about it. Smile
gazzar70
9/9/2012 4:29am
Jason Thomas is probably the most self confessed and notorious track cutter in Motocross history and this was his last outdoor national today. I suspect that the AMA will need a new scape goat such as Mike Allessi because they will still be looking for the lost revenue in fines that JT provided. I dont think JT realy meant to cut the track as much as he did. I think he was just trying to get out of the way especially after James Stewart jumped onto him in that Supercross race that time and now if he hears a bike behind him he just want outa there. We will miss you JT.
9/9/2012 5:52am
They aren't racing on pavement. Motocross isn't one lined, riders get squirly all the time.

Nobody is blatantly JLAWing the track.

This is similar in argument to the old "cant double on yellows" in Amatuers. (because nobody does that!!!!)
9/9/2012 6:45am
They aren't racing on pavement. Motocross isn't one lined, riders get squirly all the time. Nobody is blatantly JLAWing the track. This is similar in argument...
They aren't racing on pavement. Motocross isn't one lined, riders get squirly all the time.

Nobody is blatantly JLAWing the track.

This is similar in argument to the old "cant double on yellows" in Amatuers. (because nobody does that!!!!)
Getting squirrely is one thing. Riding a line lap after lap that purposely goes outside the markers is another.
BobbyM
9/9/2012 6:52am
These same bafoons were praising how great Lance Armstrong is for roiding up for some bike race overseas.... Fuggin too much.
BobbyM
9/9/2012 6:55am
Switch wrote:
This is the way I see it
TerryK wrote:
68 wrote:
Be about the only way yer squidly ass could get around a sx track...
Cory976
9/9/2012 8:08am
Put a Dog collar on them. When they cut the track, they get the shit "Buzzed" out of them!
dkg
9/9/2012 10:12am
Laughed at this line. Saw it the first couple of laps then couldn't resist taking the picture sequence. It eventualy stopped, maybe someone said something. Interesting way to fix an off camber turn. First photo is only to show the turn. No advantage was obtained other than a little time. Just found it comical given the number of times it took place.

Braaap14
9/9/2012 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2012 12:38pm
Dkg. Thats what im talking about, little shit like that went on all around this weekend.

If we want to sport the be taken & become serious its time to step up and enforce the rules on all ends.

Post a reply to: track cutting

The Latest