took my daughters out riding! ( pics )

dirtnapper
Edited Date/Time 7/31/2012 5:10pm
Loaded up and went out for a ride at a small track about an hour from here. My one daughter has a PW50 and my other has an XR70 ( she LOVES riding - probably put in more laps than me! ) and me and my ol 2 smoker!

Loaded up and ready to ride.

Emily took a little soil sample on her PW before we got the camera out, and called it quits, so no pics of her, but my Ali sure loves to go! I like the grin you can see on her face here.

Some pretty steep jump faces for an XR but she handled them well!

Leading her old dad.......

But he's catching her.......

Battling the whole way!!!

Me getting loose on the 2 stroke! ( check out my old RETRO gear I dug out for this ride! Late 90's Answer, baby! )

A buddy of mine came out to rip it up on his KX and we had a few good laps, mostly just fooling around and trying to go for each other's front tire. Havin fun!

All in all, a fun afternoon, Ali was so pumped on her ride, its too bad Emily called it quits so early, but she definatly is not as into it as Ali. That girl would ride all day long if she could.

Nice way to spend the day with my girls. Cool
|
7/27/2012 6:37pm
I got that on tap for tomorrow-I dont have a girl tho, even though he acts like it sometimesTongue
Sherman94
7/27/2012 8:02pm
I don't have kids, as I'm only 18, but that is pretty special man, that's so cool. I hope you're girls and you had fun.

The Shop

jleews6
7/28/2012 4:41am
That's what it's all about. Spending the day with your little girl and having fun.AWESOME!!!!!

I'm doing the same thing tomorrow. My son is going to ride for the first time in almost five months due to an injury that needed surgery to repair his shoulder.
HenryA
7/28/2012 4:57am
Cool, but you should get some proper riding gear for your girl.
Racer92
7/28/2012 6:02am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2012 6:02am
HenryA wrote:
Pfffft, she has a helmet and boots, she's covered. Good job Dad and enjoy making those memories !
Thor34103
7/28/2012 6:09am
HenryA wrote:
Racer92 wrote:
Pfffft, she has a helmet and boots, she's covered. Good job Dad and enjoy making those memories !
So it's okay for dad to have goggles and long sleeves but the daughter doesn't need them? I'm afraid I'm with Henry on this.
dehner47
7/28/2012 9:51am
Thats so awesome. i bet was the best day you ever had at the track. probably almost brought tears to your eyes when you were following her around the track. my daughter is two n half, she loves my bikes and will sit on the tank of my 110 and ride with me all day. cant wait for the day she is riding a bike on her own. enjoy it my man. we both know the years fly past in a blink of those teared up eyes
dirtnapper
7/28/2012 4:26pm
HenryA wrote:
Racer92 wrote:
Thor34103 wrote:
So it's okay for dad to have goggles and long sleeves but the daughter doesn't need them? I'm afraid I'm with Henry on this.
I DO agree with you, Henry, and if there were others on the track besides us ( there wasn't ) then she would have had goggles on.

Thor, she is also not ever leaving the ground, and barely getting out of first gear on her XR - I think a helmet, boots and golves were adequete for the riding situation. I'm not an irresponsible dad.

Thanks for all the comments, guys, it was a really fun day! (but bloody hot for Northern Alberta! Tongue )
fader418
7/28/2012 10:29pm
Awesome! Thats what is all about right there!
Fleece192
7/29/2012 4:00am

My nephew just got his 7 year son a ttr50. I went riding with him last week. I was teaching him how to holeshot, which we had allot of fun at. I tried to teach him to stand on the pegs , but he said he did not feel comfortable doing that..Smile
edgo897
7/30/2012 1:59pm

I have three going, two girls and my son. The girls like it more.
VetTracker
7/30/2012 2:20pm

Riding with your kids is awesome! Wait till she passes you....humbling and proud at the same time! Wink
bg22
Fantasy
3050th
7/30/2012 2:21pm
Racer92 wrote:
Thor34103 wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:
I DO agree with you, Henry, and if there were others on the track besides us ( there wasn't ) then she would have had goggles...
I DO agree with you, Henry, and if there were others on the track besides us ( there wasn't ) then she would have had goggles on.

Thor, she is also not ever leaving the ground, and barely getting out of first gear on her XR - I think a helmet, boots and golves were adequete for the riding situation. I'm not an irresponsible dad.

Thanks for all the comments, guys, it was a really fun day! (but bloody hot for Northern Alberta! Tongue )
Awesome! And I concur about the riding. She's got plenty on from what I can see in the pic! There was always one thing that my dad never let me go without though and she's got one on her head. I may pick up a bike for my girls to start riding this fall.
4stroke4DWIN
7/30/2012 3:15pm
Enjoy it for sure, My 14 yr old daughter got into it and broke her wrist after 6 months of riding, getting good. Now she won't even touch the bike. Sucks I enjoyed being on the track with her.
4stroke4DWIN
7/30/2012 3:18pm
HenryA wrote:
You do know that a piss ant jersey and pants won't help any more than t-shirt and jeans?
dirtnapper
7/31/2012 5:10pm
Enjoy it for sure, My 14 yr old daughter got into it and broke her wrist after 6 months of riding, getting good. Now she won't...
Enjoy it for sure, My 14 yr old daughter got into it and broke her wrist after 6 months of riding, getting good. Now she won't even touch the bike. Sucks I enjoyed being on the track with her.
Yeah thats too bad. I could see Emily giving up after something like that, but Ali has a very aggressive personality. She'd be back out there!

I'm going out again on Thursday with them to the same track - can't wait!

Post a reply to: took my daughters out riding! ( pics )

The Latest