|

mx 413

7/24/2008 11:09 PM

Bell has my vote.

|

7/24/2008 11:11 PM

Arai or Shoei .

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

7/24/2008 11:15 PM

Which feels best on your head? I've never liked the fit of Shoei. One helemts fit OK, but I've run Bell many times over and have liked every one. TLD looks cool, but not sure on the fit. Try them on, go from there.

|

7/24/2008 11:24 PM

Bell, it's what Evel(correct spelling) wore. How could that be wrong?

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

7/24/2008 11:53 PM

BELL all the way

|

http://www.taggerdesigns.net/shop/

Instagram / Snapchat @taggerdesigns

7/25/2008 5:47 PM

Id go Shoei dude... Sooo comfy.

|

For every dark night there is a brighter day.

7/25/2008 5:49 PM

Bell was standard back in the day, I have a Bell now I like 'em...

|

Some of these posts are like reading closed caption on the cartoon channel...

Hello?..Vital?...

7/28/2008 7:41 PM

prolly just get a sparks. ask swap about them. there sick

|

if your reading this you probably think you know everything.

7/28/2008 7:43 PM

ShArk is probly the most safe but i mean hjc is always good

|

"ENGINE ICE" best thing to use to blow ur bike to the sky!

7/28/2008 7:59 PM

I have both, and must say that the fit of Bell is better, while the graphics and look of TLD is superior.

|

7/28/2008 8:30 PM

To me they both feel small. Nose piece to close to my nose, tight etc.

|

7/28/2008 9:13 PM

liked them both the bell fit better plus i got the bell for 175 in the red mcgrath replica which i always loved

|

7/28/2008 9:31 PM

yea its best to try them on ... i was going to get a Fox V3 helmet but when i tried one on i didnt like the way it fit as it was hard on the base of the skull... now i tried out a no fear optimal II and it fit awesome and also i tried on an O'neil helmet as well and i ended up going with it becuz it felt better on my head AND it had more vents. and down here IN TEXAS i need all the venting i can get....

|

02 PW80 8) #N8

7/28/2008 11:53 PM

The Bell Moto 8 has the best venting of any helmet I've ever had and with the thicker cheek pads it fit perfect. Nice bag,spare visor,cheek pads, and last years paint scheme's can be had for around $150. Good deal.

|

I think that I shall never see
A triple jump as big as the
Next time I won't try them as three

7/29/2008 6:29 AM

T135 wrote:

I have been hearing that a lot lately. Care to explain why Shark helmets are so safe. They have some design or technology the other helmet manufacturers don't? Please explain!

|

7/29/2008 6:30 AM

just pick the one the chics like the best!

|

7/29/2008 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2016 7:49 PM

I have a bell moto 8. I crashed really hard and smashed my visor, luckily it came with a spare. I was able to glue/zip tie the cracks in the shell and piece together the foam that fell out too. Does anyone know a good cleaner that I can use to take the blood stains out of my liner?

Looks good as new. I was thinking of selling it if anyone interested. I really want the Nick Wey replica.

|

I miss

7/29/2008 8:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2016 7:49 PM

T135 wrote:

Billybob wrote:

I have been hearing that a lot lately. Care to explain why Shark helmets are so safe. They have some design or technology the other helmet manufacturers don't? Please explain!

Shark helmets fall under the European EC safety standards rather than Snell so they are built to absorb a slower speed impact better than a snell helmet. Snell guidelines require a helmet to absorb higher speed hits and even a second hit in the same spot which means a lot of impact can be sent to your noggin in a slower mx type speed fall.

If you ever have a chance to look at a Shark helmet, pull back the liner in the top of the helmet and look how the foam is molded. The way the foam liner is made it will soak up a slower speed impact better and also allows for better air flow. I have an Arai and a Shark and I like the looks and feel of both but the Shark feels noticeably cooler when it's hot out.

|

7/29/2008 9:05 AM

T135 wrote:

Billybob wrote:

mooch wrote:

Shark helmets fall under the European EC safety standards rather than Snell so they are built to absorb a slower speed impact better than a snell helmet. Snell guidelines require a helmet to absorb higher speed hits and even a second hit in the same spot which means a lot of impact can be sent to your noggin in a slower mx type speed fall.

If you ever have a chance to look at a Shark helmet, pull back the liner in the top of the helmet and look how the foam is molded. The way the foam liner is made it will soak up a slower speed impact better and also allows for better air flow. I have an Arai and a Shark and I like the looks and feel of both but the Shark feels noticeably cooler when it's hot out.

See, Geoff , even the European EC knows GP riders are slower than the U.S. riders.

|

I miss

7/29/2008 9:15 AM

I use a Bell, but I have heard great things about the Shark helmets too. I have seen the interior of one and it is different. Has crush zones built inside of the helmet. It is supposed to crush from the outside and inside to slow the head down instead of just stopping your head. My next helmet will be a Shark. Snell approved helmets are great, but just a little hard for off road use in my opinion.

|

7/29/2008 9:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2008 9:51 AM

yea i read an good article that has been posted on here a few times about helmets and such and even they said the shark was one of the better performers. so you dont have to spend BIG $$$ on a shoei or arai to get a safer helmet....

|

02 PW80 8) #N8

7/29/2008 11:25 AM

Anyone tried the Airoh? they're super light, and have liners that sound similar to what Y'all are describing in the Shark.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

7/29/2008 11:38 AM

SEEMEFIRST wrote:

Anyone tried the Airoh? they're super light, and have liners that sound similar to what Y'all are describing in the Shark.

Wish I could get my hands on an Airoh.

I have a couple of Vemars, which are ECE rated lids. I was looking at a Shark a while back and the EPS foam of the Shark was designed identically to my Vemars, with huge channels running front to back.

|

7/29/2008 11:59 AM

mooch wrote:

For sure, Mooch is right with this. I'd recommend you go for a DOT + EC or DOT + BSI helmet than a DOT + Snell.

Lazer, Airoh, Shark. I have an Arai, great helmet, great fit but I'm looking at getting one of those 3 Euro helmets as a second lid. The Snell specs are really tailor-made for high speed penetration impacts. Not always realistic to MX and off-road because their stiffer shell and eps doesn't absorb slower speed (like MX) falls as well as more flexible shells, and therefore don't protect from concussions as much.

Just my uneducated opinion.

|

The Journey is the Destination

7/29/2008 12:12 PM

Don't forget the Vemar VRX5. It's made in Italy to ECE standards and Vemar has lowered the retail on them to just $250 for colors and $225 in white. They are the best bang for the buck for a european made ECE helmet available to the US market.

|

7/29/2008 12:19 PM

I have Bell and a Shark. I would say the Bell is hands down a better helmet. The Airoh would be my next choice. They are super light and quality looks good.

|

7/29/2008 1:56 PM

If I was on the market for a new helmet today, I'd definitely go with an Airoh. And AIroh will be doing riding gear as well... should come out in a few months.

|

7/29/2008 2:52 PM

My Suomy is perfect.
DOT and B.S.I. 6658 Type A (British Standards Institution) certified, looks great, super light, and fits excellent.

|

7/29/2008 3:08 PM

Cygnus wrote:

Arai or Shoei .

For once we agree! I use the Shoei V-Moto helmets. Amazing helmets.

|