these cameramen/director are terrible

eddie
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 7:19pm
pourcel , searle , wilson , and baggett were having an awesome battle and they showed barcia all by himself for three laps

pathetic .
|
DL
6/12/2010 11:51am
It's a really tough job and I get that but..... damn they missed most Baggetts run to third and I really am sick of when somebody falls we get stuck watching them start their bike..... I feel better now!
TerryB
6/12/2010 11:55am
Last week too, they always seem to be missing the battle, following the wrong guy.

eddie
6/12/2010 11:55am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2010 11:57am
exactly . baggett was the fastest guy on the track and made the most passes . we barely seen him at all .

all you have to do is look at the interval times to see who is close and where the battles are going to be . not that hard .
TerryB
6/12/2010 11:57am
DL wrote:
It's a really tough job and I get that but..... damn they missed most Baggetts run to third and I really am sick of when somebody...
It's a really tough job and I get that but..... damn they missed most Baggetts run to third and I really am sick of when somebody falls we get stuck watching them start their bike..... I feel better now!
Yeah, the "post-crash action cam" slays me.

The Shop

Chris_ONeal
6/12/2010 12:01pm
Nothing will top last year at Colorado when they kept the cameras on Alessi while Tedesco was having his best race all year.
Bojangles
6/13/2010 2:07pm
C'mon experts, instead of constantly bitching, apply for a tv job, since you guys know what's best, and obviously think you can do it all. Since tv guys are all a bunch of screw ups, how could you do any worse? Idiots. Say, why don't we just go back and wait 2 weeks for the broadcast, so you won't miss anything. Eddie, you should be the executive producer. I'm sure with your knowledge of television, you're a multiple Emmy winner in the making.
plowboy
6/13/2010 2:11pm
The coverage could always be better but it can certainly be worse. I'll do what I always do and hope the good stuff shows up on TGO.
Masonry
6/13/2010 3:01pm
The intros on these things are incredibly corny. I feel like I'm watching WWE wrestling.
twizzler
6/13/2010 4:24pm
TerryB wrote:
Last week too, they always seem to be missing the battle, following the wrong guy.

Watch it and like it! You just don't love the sport!
6/13/2010 6:32pm
Bojangles wrote:
C'mon experts, instead of constantly bitching, apply for a tv job, since you guys know what's best, and obviously think you can do it all. Since...
C'mon experts, instead of constantly bitching, apply for a tv job, since you guys know what's best, and obviously think you can do it all. Since tv guys are all a bunch of screw ups, how could you do any worse? Idiots. Say, why don't we just go back and wait 2 weeks for the broadcast, so you won't miss anything. Eddie, you should be the executive producer. I'm sure with your knowledge of television, you're a multiple Emmy winner in the making.
That will pretty much cover it! Frikkin whiners. Wink
Matt Wozney
6/13/2010 6:36pm
I'm available.....and I know another guy capable to help out, too. Smile

I didn't see much wrong with the Speed 250 coverage. I thought it was pretty good.
NBC coverage was good but some loss of audio didn't help. Also, it was live so slight mistakes happen which I completely understand but other than the loss of audio that occurred a few times (for me...IDK if anyone else noticed.), it was good.

BTW, loved the short intro produced when the show started on NBC. Very cool.
Matt Wozney
6/13/2010 6:48pm
Bojangles wrote:
C'mon experts, instead of constantly bitching, apply for a tv job, since you guys know what's best, and obviously think you can do it all. Since...
There is so much more going on during a motocross race than let's say a college football game. I know what goes on to produce a live college bowl game (got an invite through CBS for the Gator Bowl earlier this year for 3 days to see what they do). A LOT goes on and it's just football where you rarely can't miss a thing since there are a dozen or more cameras focused on 100 yards of grass. It changed my whole look on watching any sporting event played live on TV.

Motocross is done on a much larger surface area with about the same amount of camera ammo where battles are happening all over the track from 1st to 40th in a short amount of time. I'd love to hear what's going on but it's got to be pretty hectic for live motocross coverage.

Live TV for the outdoor nationals is very new compared to other sports and events that normally provide live coverage on a regular basis (NBA, NCAA, MLB, NFL, etc..) so it's a relatively new operation for everyone (cameraman to producer) to be involved in. It's getting better and better. So they missed some battles. Nothing is perfect. I only see it as its getting better which I'm all for.

Post a reply to: these cameramen/director are terrible

The Latest