the(not so)great NW.

loftyair
Edited Date/Time 6/16/2014 12:43am
Visit about 2 times a year. Like to ride some places. Mountain view is fun, way too skinny. Albany is ok, like the sand. Hate the quads! So mt.view needs to widen the track, and not split the practice into 4-5 parts. Makes guys try to put as many fast laps as possible in as little amount of time. THen they have to wait nearly an hour to ride 15min. again. They are cold, makes for more crashes. Albany, same with the split practice, super lame, and don't let a quad ruin the track for everyone else! I will not be back until these things change. Leave it open practice, maybe shut it down for mini's if there's a ton of them. A crowded track, just wait a few minutes, guys get tired, track becomes less crowded, makes for better riding. Washougal is gay with the split practice too.
|
bish153
6/12/2014 7:28pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2014 8:09pm
Yeah your right, rider safety and protecting our youth/slower riders is real gay!
Josh422
6/12/2014 7:49pm
Yea, the PNW sucks. You are way better off in Riverside!
rolandk
6/12/2014 8:08pm
Mountain View limited practices the track is open all day and there are only 35 riders (probably closer to 50 but still). Public practices you can add a second group for $10.

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
6/12/2014 8:09pm
Hahaha, Mountain View has open limited practice on the weekends. You can ride Riverdale MX in Washington if you want open practice everyday of the week .
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
6/12/2014 8:14pm
Josh422 wrote:
Yea, the PNW sucks. You are way better off in Riverside!
Couldnt agree more, the PNW doesnt like bros anyway.... BRO.
bish153
6/12/2014 8:16pm
Dude I'm sorry but I had to come back to this. How do you go some where and bitch about every track ride, especially with the speed that tracks are closing these days. One of the tracks you are bitching about is one of the best in the nation. Also, I promise you their are a lot of riders no longer riding because of injury's that could have been prevented by breaking up practice. In my opinion your best bet is to sell your bikes and take up bowling!
ob
6/12/2014 8:46pm
I don't think it's gona change, so you should stay home.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2035th
6/12/2014 8:52pm
I think tracks that don't run splits are not cool. Nothing like having 50's-85's on the track with guys catching them rapidly or pulling a Matthes.

I used to live next to that track, great area. Keep it funky.
6/12/2014 8:54pm
Well I lived in Socal and yes they have many tracks and those tracks normally have 2 or 3 tracks each so they can ride without breaking it up. However, people are not nice there! Gets crazy hot in the summer and traffic sucks. Tracks are ok though, but people do not seem to enjoy the sport there like the NW. The dirt up here is much better! Oh we have trees here also!
smoker
6/12/2014 9:05pm
ob wrote:
I don't think it's gona change, so you should stay home.
can confirm.
leave your number and we'll give you a call if anything changes.
mumbles
Fantasy
667th
6/13/2014 8:25am
When I lived up in Tacoma in the early 2000s I used to drive to Mt. View and ride on Tuesday, drive over to Washougal and camp Tuesday night and ride there on Wednesday. When we had good weather those were some of the best MX riding days I ever had. I love being down here in So Cal but I have nothing but good memories from Washougal and Mt. View.
loftyair
6/13/2014 8:42am
I live in oregon. I stay somewhere else, for moto. While I definitely enjoy the tracks up there, the 5-6 split practice is just too much. And the quads, they are gay. While I agree no 50 should ever be on a big track, some 65's are faster than most the ultra-beginners that shouldn't be riding the main track anyway. I'm sure mad max could smoke most of you on his 65, even though he has moved up now. I'm just saying, splitting up practice that much is too much. 3 splits max would be good, mini's, slow big bikes, and fast big bikes. I guess there is a difference though. I am thinking for the future of our kids making it pro. I guess it's fine if you are just a rec rider, dont care much about training on the track. Maybe have a day for gays, I mean quads, and a day for cruisers, most riders?, and a day for serious racers. Don't groom the track for the serious racer guys. Leave it open practice. Cut practice up for the recreational dudes, they need to rest!
mxpro252
6/13/2014 8:51am
One thing i easily agree on; the tracks are becoming way too skiny/narrow. Seems like a lot of tracks are getting to only the blade width of a standard dozer. If the tracks are going to be tight and choppy, at least make them wider for line options.
visser62
6/13/2014 8:58am
I love the tracks up here. Except maybe PIR.
jeffro503
6/13/2014 9:24am
loftyair wrote:
I live in oregon. I stay somewhere else, for moto. While I definitely enjoy the tracks up there, the 5-6 split practice is just too much...
I live in oregon. I stay somewhere else, for moto. While I definitely enjoy the tracks up there, the 5-6 split practice is just too much. And the quads, they are gay. While I agree no 50 should ever be on a big track, some 65's are faster than most the ultra-beginners that shouldn't be riding the main track anyway. I'm sure mad max could smoke most of you on his 65, even though he has moved up now. I'm just saying, splitting up practice that much is too much. 3 splits max would be good, mini's, slow big bikes, and fast big bikes. I guess there is a difference though. I am thinking for the future of our kids making it pro. I guess it's fine if you are just a rec rider, dont care much about training on the track. Maybe have a day for gays, I mean quads, and a day for cruisers, most riders?, and a day for serious racers. Don't groom the track for the serious racer guys. Leave it open practice. Cut practice up for the recreational dudes, they need to rest!
Mike......

I shot you a PM a little while ago. I know you tried the Albany Wednesday practice ride , but me personally , I don't care for the Wednesday rides there. it doesn't seemed to be in near a good of shape as the weekend rides go.

I know you are probably in a foul mood and all because your bike basically blew up and it spoiled your trip , but to base all the tracks off your one ride at Albany , or because you hit them on the wrong day? Man.....It sucks that you had a bad time!

Washougal , Albany and Mtn view all have regular practice days all the time.....all are great tracks ( awesome in fact) The key is to join your normal class and then sign up in another one so you have two classes to ride. You're going out like every 20 - 30 mins.....all day long. Mtn view and Riverdale both have open practice all day long in the limited practice days....which happen all the time.

I love it up here and get way more riding than what I can handle on the weekends. Mtn view , Albany and Riverdale are open for weekday practices as well.......more riding than what you can handle.

Again.....sorry about your bike blowing up. Next time ask some of the locals on how to schedule your ride days up here....you will have a blast next time up.
jeffro503
6/13/2014 9:25am
visser62 wrote:
I love the tracks up here. Except maybe PIR.
PIR is another awesome track in my eyes. Thursday night racing under the lights is something everyone should experience.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
6/13/2014 9:28am Edited Date/Time 6/13/2014 9:28am
jeffro503 wrote:
PIR is another awesome track in my eyes. Thursday night racing under the lights is something everyone should experience.
Jeffro,
I will probably see out there this summer. Smile
I'll be back up there in 2 weeks.
6/13/2014 9:36am
As I have lived all over the USA I can tell you that tracks run differently from region to region. Here in the NW many tracks run a "limited practice" and that is the day when only big bikes get to run. In other areas like Socal they have set days they ride and they have a main track, vet track, and mini track. Its simply different is all. Sure some tracks could be wider and so on. We could complain about all tracks in the US trust me there! But in the NW it is pretty good at times and the people seem to care up here. As always there is room for improvement and it would be great to see tracks improve always if possible.
jeffro503
6/13/2014 9:48am Edited Date/Time 6/13/2014 9:49am
jeffro503 wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
Jeffro,
Really? Very cool man! Hit me up indeed. I can try and get a hold of McBride and see if he can make it down as well. Unless you still have some contact info for him. I can get his number through his boy DJ.

And don't hold me to this.....but I may try racing there here in a few weeks. Would like to get some motos back under my belt before the Vet national at Washougal.

Maybe we could swing by Duct tape Dan's and spin a few laps? haha!
Josh422
6/13/2014 10:17am
jeffro503 wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
Jeffro,
jeffro503 wrote:
Really? Very cool man! Hit me up indeed. I can try and get a hold of McBride and see if he can make it down as...
Really? Very cool man! Hit me up indeed. I can try and get a hold of McBride and see if he can make it down as well. Unless you still have some contact info for him. I can get his number through his boy DJ.

And don't hold me to this.....but I may try racing there here in a few weeks. Would like to get some motos back under my belt before the Vet national at Washougal.

Did Duct Tape Dan seriously just get name dropped on Vital? WHOA. Haha...

Anyone that has anything bad to say about NW tracks hasn't been to Burnt Ridge. Amazing.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
6/13/2014 10:23am Edited Date/Time 6/13/2014 10:36am
jeffro503 wrote:
Really? Very cool man! Hit me up indeed. I can try and get a hold of McBride and see if he can make it down as...

Yep.
I'll definitely hit you up once I get back there.

As for Duct Tape Dan's lol.....
119th Street Fo-Life-Yo hahahahaha!
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
6/13/2014 10:32am Edited Date/Time 6/13/2014 11:06am
Josh422 wrote:
Did Duct Tape Dan seriously just get name dropped on Vital? WHOA. Haha... Anyone that has anything bad to say about NW tracks hasn't been to...
Did Duct Tape Dan seriously just get name dropped on Vital? WHOA. Haha...

Anyone that has anything bad to say about NW tracks hasn't been to Burnt Ridge. Amazing.
Yep lol.... Smile
We've mentioned him before over the years....his kickstand & all.
Wood on the face of the jumps / 1 lined track / even had that pit to jump/ dusting up the neighbors & 119th street traffic and the cops coming.Cant forget the front door off his dads house as the loading ramp for CC indoor AX. Smile
Him riding a 10speed with no seat & a gas can to the store to re-fuel that old beater 490 I think it was.
Seen him ride some days with no packing in his silencer. Gnarly it was on that big open bike.

And to stay on the topic of NW tracks....
There she is....she still looks carved out a bit after all these years.
He even had the track set-up through the basement at one time i think LOL. Smile
jeffro503
6/13/2014 10:36am
@Josh and Eddy..........All the years I grew up here in the NW I never had a chance to actually visit Dan's place. Only met him a few times and Eddy did a perfectly description of what his place was all about a while back here on vital. From talking to a bunch of guys who " Did " go there....Eddy nailed the description perfectly.

Eddy....wasn't it just a couple years ago that he actually still had something going there? I'll bet he still does motos there.....the dude was a die hard!
jeffro503
6/13/2014 10:37am
Haha....You pulled a holeshot on me Eddy! Good to know that place looks like she's still running.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
6/13/2014 10:38am
jeffro503 wrote:
Haha....You pulled a holeshot on me Eddy! Good to know that place looks like she's still running.
Yep lol.
loftyair
6/13/2014 10:51am
I guess signing up for a second class would be the way to go. Where's burnt ridge? Also, you guys should try that rock hill place, its by sweet home on oregon. I try to avoid weekends, as now I am used to the socal 'packed' weekends. The second practice thing, my son is a mid-intermediate down south, but could easily pass for a decent pro up in the nw, so he has to go with the int/pro practice, anything else would be detrimental. I just see the beginner/novice or junior to be too packed anyway. If it wasn't split, I think it would actually cut down on traffic, the intimidated guys pull off after it gets too crowded, freeing up space. I still think mt.view is too narrow, at least for racing, and albany has quads, which sucks. Washougal is nice, but last time I went it was so expensive, I won't go again. Sorry to complain about the great nw, I complain about socal tracks too. Just different, we got what we got. It can always improve though. THe newer half-owner of milestone/perris has done a great job with perris, and milestone keeps getting better. Oh, one more thing about the nw, the tracks do not get rough. At least not the 3 I have mentioned. Great tree and desert riding up in nw, a little rain and it's heaven!

Post a reply to: the(not so)great NW.

The Latest