the lack of chest protectors

Titanium
2/24/2020 4:41pm
T-Fish wrote:
RXR recently released their newest chest protector. It’s thinner than ever and extremely comfortable. I wish they’d catch on a little more. Only a couple pros...
RXR recently released their newest chest protector. It’s thinner than ever and extremely comfortable. I wish they’d catch on a little more. Only a couple pros that I know of use their products.

That is a great looking setup! Love the way you can customize it too.

Which model is it? How does it work with a Leatt neck brace?
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
2/24/2020 5:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2020 5:36pm
T-Fish wrote:
RXR recently released their newest chest protector. It’s thinner than ever and extremely comfortable. I wish they’d catch on a little more. Only a couple pros...
RXR recently released their newest chest protector. It’s thinner than ever and extremely comfortable. I wish they’d catch on a little more. Only a couple pros that I know of use their products.

Titanium wrote:
That is a great looking setup! Love the way you can customize it too. Which model is it? How does it work with a Leatt neck...
That is a great looking setup! Love the way you can customize it too.

Which model is it? How does it work with a Leatt neck brace?
G-man
2/24/2020 5:38pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
To each his own. Personally, I always dressed for the crash, not the ride.
X2

Paw Paw
x3
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
2/24/2020 5:54pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
To each his own. Personally, I always dressed for the crash, not the ride.
X2

Paw Paw
G-man wrote:
x3
And thats the choice you have made, and its great to have that choice.

But I dont think pro riders should have that choice, it should simply be 'if you play in the professional league this is what you wear - this is the big leagues, not a backyard sport'

There's riders that ride in open face helmets and workboots but thats not appropriate for professional level racing, neither is a Fox branded polyester negligee with less protection than your missus gettup on a particularly successful valentines evening.

The Shop

Wandell
2/24/2020 8:34pm
If you look closely, you can tell most riders are using an under jersey chest protector. They are a lot thinner now than they used to be so it's not as noticeable. Maybe it is time to make chest and back protection mandatory. I mean the AMA doesn't allow open faced helmets anymore. I think it should at least be talked about by officials, riders and team managers.
2/24/2020 8:46pm
I’m not good at wearing one, but I would like to try😬how is the A1? Anyone have experience with it? Also any good small hard shell front only under protectors you recommend ?
2/24/2020 9:39pm
I’m not good at wearing one, but I would like to try😬how is the A1? Anyone have experience with it? Also any good small hard shell...
I’m not good at wearing one, but I would like to try😬how is the A1? Anyone have experience with it? Also any good small hard shell front only under protectors you recommend ?
I have the A4 (same form, but with a ce certified back plate) and it worked fine. After a while I took the hard shell back plate off and replaced it with a soft ce certified foam piece which make it sit closer to my body. Worked out great!
Now, there‘s the A1 Plus on the A-stars homepage which looks just like that: an A1/A4 frontplate plus a light ce certified foam back protecter. Get that if you can! Best combination in my opinion.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
2/25/2020 9:58pm
Here’s some of the things that Feld mandates in the supercross series.

- bike capacity
- bike noise
- bike weight
- the fuel you put in your bike
- the helmet you wear
- the boots you wear
- the drugs you are allowed to put in your body

Yet some people think adding chest and back protection to this list will turns feld into a communist dictator... it either already is and you think it should be a free for all, or it’s a wise decision that protects the riders and sets a good example for the rest of the public. Their really is no reason why it shouldn’t be implement in 2021.
SEEMEFIRST
2/25/2020 10:07pm
You'll never protect a collarbone with a piece of gear that you could actually wear. However, I believe that chest/back protection should be required.
2/26/2020 2:25am
I would like to use the hard shell once again , but for now i use the under jersey once . That`s because all chest protectors i have tried wedge against my helmet and push it up.

My long gone Ufo protector from 98/00 fit good
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
2/26/2020 2:37am
Zacka 161 wrote:
Here’s some of the things that Feld mandates in the supercross series. - bike capacity - bike noise - bike weight - the fuel you put...
Here’s some of the things that Feld mandates in the supercross series.

- bike capacity
- bike noise
- bike weight
- the fuel you put in your bike
- the helmet you wear
- the boots you wear
- the drugs you are allowed to put in your body

Yet some people think adding chest and back protection to this list will turns feld into a communist dictator... it either already is and you think it should be a free for all, or it’s a wise decision that protects the riders and sets a good example for the rest of the public. Their really is no reason why it shouldn’t be implement in 2021.
Snowmobile racing a chest protector is required by the ISR (the sanctioning body of racing). They are generally more of a larger vest than what we wear for motocross. I have seen sleds land on a rider and the studs tear up their body even with one on though. I do wear an old Thor chest protector on some rocky tracks, but should upgrade to something newer and wear it more.
2/26/2020 5:24am
I wouldn't ride without mine. I use a fox titan body suit. It's a bit cheap and nasty, but covers chest, back, shoulders, forearms and elbows. I'm sure it's saved me plenty of times.
Preston412
2/26/2020 9:00am
I’m not good at wearing one, but I would like to try😬how is the A1? Anyone have experience with it? Also any good small hard shell...
I have been using the A1 for about 3 years and it does the job well for a semi-hard chest protector.
Brent
2/26/2020 5:00pm
I just picked up the A-Stars A-1 today, the same one that Eli uses.

Fuck this thing is thin, but solid. And, most importantly, it doesn't make me look fatter than I am already.

Cortami79
2/26/2020 6:36pm
Brent wrote:
I just picked up the A-Stars A-1 today, the same one that Eli uses. Fuck this thing is thin, but solid. And, most importantly, it doesn't...

Fuck this thing is thin, but solid. And, most importantly, it doesn't make me look fatter than I am already.

I use this one too and i love it
Wolfey
2/26/2020 6:54pm
Brent wrote:
I just picked up the A-Stars A-1 today, the same one that Eli uses. Fuck this thing is thin, but solid. And, most importantly, it doesn't...

After having lower back surgery last summer I also went with the A1. I love that it has the extended lower back protection. It’s hard/solid but thin enough that I don’t even notice it.
ktm300xcw2018
Fantasy
485th
2/27/2020 3:33am
I use the Leatt Fusion 3.0. I don't have much ride time with it yet but so far it is comfortable and I barely notice it after a few minutes. It has the integrated neck brace, shoulder pads and pretty solid chest/back protection. It has the flaps that wrap around the ribs and probably help prevent rubbing.

It is definitely a little beefy but after I broke 3 vertabraes and my shoulder socket and blade the more protection the better. So far I am pretty happy with it.

Im also wearing an EVS kidney belt just for some lower back protection.

Post a reply to: the lack of chest protectors

The Latest