the flag guys suck!

vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4318th
Edited Date/Time 1/17/2019 4:21pm
I know everyone complains about the track guys doing terrible with the blue flags. But did anyone else notice how terrible the flagger did getting to Malcom with a yellow flag and making the riders go to the right of him?! How many guys came through the whoops and jumped over Malcom since he was laying on the backside of one? I couldn't believe what i was seeing, pathetic! rant over.
|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/14/2019 9:15am
They did a good job, it took the flagger time to run up to get in front of Stewart and when he got there he took control and handled it pretty good.
1/14/2019 9:17am
lostboy819 wrote:
They did a good job, it took the flagger time to run up to get in front of Stewart and when he got there he took...
They did a good job, it took the flagger time to run up to get in front of Stewart and when he got there he took control and handled it pretty good.
Run is an overstatement. It was a slow walk at best.
Moto520
1/14/2019 9:23am
I saw that. I was glad that he didn't get landed on.
ccullins
1/14/2019 9:26am
After watching it again you can see the flagger is between the lanes where the ground is sloped, like trying to run on the side of a soft hill. Plus probably not the youngest or most athletic guy ether. Looked to me like he did the best he could.

The Shop

vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4318th
1/14/2019 9:29am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 9:29am
lostboy819 wrote:
They did a good job, it took the flagger time to run up to get in front of Stewart and when he got there he took...
Run is an overstatement. It was a slow walk at best.
Agreed, i think they could replace him with someone who can move a little quicker...
g0rd057
1/14/2019 9:46am
vdrsnk04 wrote:
Agreed, i think they could replace him with someone who can move a little quicker...
If only they could the same with the lappers.
MPJC
Fantasy
592nd
1/14/2019 10:41am
When he crashed I was holding my breath thinking "a flagger needs to get in position to protect him!". But I'm hesitant to criticize as things happen very fast, and it's easy to think that I'd have done better when I'm sitting in my living room.
1/14/2019 10:45am
This reminds me of when Weston Peick crashed and everybody complained about the medical staff. They, just like this flagger, didn't do anything wrong. You people are just upset about the way it looked on TV from the comfort of your homes.
1/14/2019 10:46am
I found it comical in the press conference when Daniel Blair tried to make excuses for the restart flagger not knowing what he was doing which screwed with the riders. He told the riders that the flaggers don’t have much practice with the single file restart either. No excuse.
1/14/2019 10:48am
I was screaming at the TV telling the guy to move. He sat there flagging well behind Malcolm for the longest time, and didn't start to move to protect him for what seemed like forever. I felt the same way as the OP.
CR92
1/14/2019 10:56am
I found it comical in the press conference when Daniel Blair tried to make excuses for the restart flagger not knowing what he was doing which...
I found it comical in the press conference when Daniel Blair tried to make excuses for the restart flagger not knowing what he was doing which screwed with the riders. He told the riders that the flaggers don’t have much practice with the single file restart either. No excuse.
I might be alone on this one, but I feel like Daniel Blair is always making excuses and trys to sensor riders from speaking there mind. Again, I might be alone on this, but to me he is the worst and is the only one of the broadcaster/trackside reporter/commentator that bugs me. Can't stand it.
1/14/2019 10:58am
CR92 wrote:
I might be alone on this one, but I feel like Daniel Blair is always making excuses and trys to sensor riders from speaking there mind...
I might be alone on this one, but I feel like Daniel Blair is always making excuses and trys to sensor riders from speaking there mind. Again, I might be alone on this, but to me he is the worst and is the only one of the broadcaster/trackside reporter/commentator that bugs me. Can't stand it.
Totally agree. His bias toward his employer is somewhat understandable, but sickening. He’s a former racer. You’d think he would keep his mouth shut.
STLSharky
1/14/2019 11:02am
vdrsnk04 wrote:
I know everyone complains about the track guys doing terrible with the blue flags. But did anyone else notice how terrible the flagger did getting to...
I know everyone complains about the track guys doing terrible with the blue flags. But did anyone else notice how terrible the flagger did getting to Malcom with a yellow flag and making the riders go to the right of him?! How many guys came through the whoops and jumped over Malcom since he was laying on the backside of one? I couldn't believe what i was seeing, pathetic! rant over.
The flagger before Malcolm has the job of slowing and directing not the guy that was past Malcolm
CR92
1/14/2019 11:06am
CR92 wrote:
I might be alone on this one, but I feel like Daniel Blair is always making excuses and trys to sensor riders from speaking there mind...
Totally agree. His bias toward his employer is somewhat understandable, but sickening. He’s a former racer. You’d think he would keep his mouth shut.
I thought that too, but I don't think he says it because it's employer. Personally, and I could be completely wrong because I don't know the guy, but I kind of just think he's a self righteous douche. You can see it in a lot of his past interviews. Doing stuff like telling the riders to watch their language because they said "shit" or something along those lines.
Others will probably disagree, and I could be wrong. Just my thoughts from the couch.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/14/2019 11:08am
vdrsnk04 wrote:
I know everyone complains about the track guys doing terrible with the blue flags. But did anyone else notice how terrible the flagger did getting to...
That was the middle of three lanes, so there were no flaggers stationed alongside that section.

You probably couldn't see them, but there were yellow lights at the beginning of the section.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
1/14/2019 11:10am
Speaking of flags, anyone see how much time Anderson made on Roczen through the red cross flags? Roczen went through very cautiously, Anderson definitely pushed it a bit to close the gap
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/14/2019 11:11am
CR92 wrote:
I thought that too, but I don't think he says it because it's employer. Personally, and I could be completely wrong because I don't know the...
I thought that too, but I don't think he says it because it's employer. Personally, and I could be completely wrong because I don't know the guy, but I kind of just think he's a self righteous douche. You can see it in a lot of his past interviews. Doing stuff like telling the riders to watch their language because they said "shit" or something along those lines.
Others will probably disagree, and I could be wrong. Just my thoughts from the couch.
Yeah, I disagree. I thought the comment about the restart flaggers was intended more as humorous than anything else.

As far as him commenting on the language? They do try and keep it professional in there. For example, you'd probably get called you out if you were in the press conference, and suggested someone was a self-righteous douche.
YZ324
1/14/2019 11:41am
Also kind of like complaining to a referee. Easy to point fingers at a flagger but there’s a lot going on. Until you’ve flagged it’s easy to criticize.
tkimb
1/14/2019 11:59am
I was screaming at the TV telling the guy to move. He sat there flagging well behind Malcolm for the longest time, and didn't start to...
I was screaming at the TV telling the guy to move. He sat there flagging well behind Malcolm for the longest time, and didn't start to move to protect him for what seemed like forever. I felt the same way as the OP.
He has his own safety, too. How loud it is down there, between lanes, looking for bikes coming and where other flaggers/medics are coming from. If someones already committed through that lane from before the flags not much he can do. Standing in front of Malcolm and getting hit isn't going to protect Malcolm.
CR92
1/14/2019 12:51pm
CR92 wrote:
I thought that too, but I don't think he says it because it's employer. Personally, and I could be completely wrong because I don't know the...
GuyB wrote:
Yeah, I disagree. I thought the comment about the restart flaggers was intended more as humorous than anything else. As far as him commenting on the...
Yeah, I disagree. I thought the comment about the restart flaggers was intended more as humorous than anything else.

As far as him commenting on the language? They do try and keep it professional in there. For example, you'd probably get called you out if you were in the press conference, and suggested someone was a self-righteous douche.
Well you would know better than I. So I guess am in the wrong then. Live and learn, right?
When he makes those comments then, is it more of him trying to make a joke? Like, if I knew him I'd pick up on that better?
As far as the language, would them using "shit" really take anything away from the press conference? I'm not saying they should be dropping f-bombs or anything.
I'm honestly curious to know your opinion on this one and I hope I'm not coming off as a smartass or anything.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/14/2019 1:08pm
CR92 wrote:
Well you would know better than I. So I guess am in the wrong then. Live and learn, right? When he makes those comments then, is...
Well you would know better than I. So I guess am in the wrong then. Live and learn, right?
When he makes those comments then, is it more of him trying to make a joke? Like, if I knew him I'd pick up on that better?
As far as the language, would them using "shit" really take anything away from the press conference? I'm not saying they should be dropping f-bombs or anything.
I'm honestly curious to know your opinion on this one and I hope I'm not coming off as a smartass or anything.
Well, he was following up on a couple joking comments that the riders had made. In that context, that's how I took it.

As far as the language, it's a press conference setting, and being livestreamed or recorded for later upload. They want it to be professional and showcase the sport that way. If it comes from a place where a rider is fired up about something? Maybe it fits. If it's just gratuitous and unnecessary, I'd guess they get called out.
1/14/2019 1:10pm
GuyB wrote:
Well, he was following up on a couple joking comments that the riders had made. In that context, that's how I took it. As far as...
Well, he was following up on a couple joking comments that the riders had made. In that context, that's how I took it.

As far as the language, it's a press conference setting, and being livestreamed or recorded for later upload. They want it to be professional and showcase the sport that way. If it comes from a place where a rider is fired up about something? Maybe it fits. If it's just gratuitous and unnecessary, I'd guess they get called out.
Daniel said the language comment was a joke like you are saying his comment about the flaggers was. Who knew we had a comedian directing the press conferences.
Motoxdoc
1/14/2019 1:11pm
CR92 wrote:
At lest he's not calling someone a "a self righteous douche" immediately after prefacing the sentence with, "I could be completely wrong because I don't know the guy."Dry
1/14/2019 1:43pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Speaking of flags, anyone see how much time Anderson made on Roczen through the red cross flags? Roczen went through very cautiously, Anderson definitely pushed it...
Speaking of flags, anyone see how much time Anderson made on Roczen through the red cross flags? Roczen went through very cautiously, Anderson definitely pushed it a bit to close the gap
I noticed that too. It looked like he was right on him at the end of that lap
jbrass715
1/14/2019 1:47pm
Anyone notice the flagger standing in the middle of the track when Eli was coming into the corner after the lcq pile up?
HenryA
1/14/2019 2:02pm
jbrass715 wrote:
Anyone notice the flagger standing in the middle of the track when Eli was coming into the corner after the lcq pile up?
Haha yeah, was just about to post this! He was standing there like he was about to red flag the race and Tomac even checked up. Wtf was his deal?
1/14/2019 3:41pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/14/318046/s1200_EF34F691_3756_4BC4_BD7E_57CF9BE5691A.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/01/14/318047/s1200_89698317_77E5_4A2C_95EA_EE38758C20A8.jpg[/img] Not a good look

Not a good look
I thought that he was looking back to check that medic flag, and cursing himself, but I guess it could be the guy that's in the middle of the track.
peelout
1/14/2019 3:45pm
actual footage of flagger running to get in front of the incident

barnett468
1/14/2019 4:23pm
vdrsnk04 wrote:
They would have to pay a young person a lot more, and since they didn't even have enough money to have a gate that worked on the first race of the night last week, or to hire a girl that wasn't a "plus size" as the start card holder, I doubt they can afford someone that can do the 50 yard dash in less then 30 seconds flat.

Post a reply to: the flag guys suck!

The Latest