the Boycott Milestone MX facebook page

MXD
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:50pm
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_184369111616910

If you're sick of the thefts going on at Milestones and their lack of effort to help stop it, please voice your opinion here.
|
ayearinmx
6/30/2011 1:42pm
from the Management at Milestone:

Due to the on going security issues Milestone's Management has decided to change our gate entry policy.

Effective immediately Milestone's new entry policy will be as follows:

Everyone must be a member unless you are out of state we will no longer allow non-member riders

Everyone one coming through the front gate must have some form of identification. If you can't identify your self properly at the front gate you will not be allowed in.

All spectator vehicles that do not have a bike or person riding with them will have to pay a $10.00 parking fee. (There will be some exception for media and industry people but all industry and media personnel must have a business card on hand in order to avoid this fee.)

We will be hiring 2 security guards to be on duty at all times. They will be roaming around the pits helping control the out of control pit riding as well as monitoring the pits keeping an eye out for peoples belongings. They will also have the right revoke someones membership if an individual is not complying with all park rules.

A surveillance system has been installed at our front gate so all members be alert of what's going on and report all suspicious vehicle to our staff members.

All of these changes will be enforced immediately we apologize in advance if there is any inconvenience to our members but hope it will put an end to all the security issues.
pitbike502
6/30/2011 1:52pm
Im not sure why you would boycott a track, theft does suck and im not really sure what the extent of the thefts is, but its not as if Milestone invited thieves to come take peoples shit. Some people are scumbags, and judging by Daves post, it looks like they are taking precautionary measures to prevent future thefts..
MXD
6/30/2011 2:40pm
Many have made suggestions. Unless you know someone personally who has had stuff stolen there, you are probably not very familiar with how they have been treating the situation or how often it occurs. To this point they have been blowing it off and doing very little. Even going as far as telling my friend he should have locked his car. When he informed them that he did and they scratched the shit out of it with a wedge kit to get in they said "well, you should have hid it better". This is a free country and if you feel the best way to get them to take action is to hit them in the wallet then please join. If you feel there is a better or more effective way then please take whatever action you are willing to in order to try and help.

The Shop

TeamGreen
6/30/2011 2:46pm
It's the 909/Riverside.

Geeeeeezus!

I had someone drive my F-Mover 39' out there and drive it OUT, nightly, when we were testing down there in '08-'10 just because of WHERE IT IS.

In other-wrods: -I- took responsibility for MY OWN SHIT!

Fuck.

Keep your eyes on your OWN shit in the 'Hood.

Got it?
MXD
6/30/2011 2:48pm
TeamGreen wrote:
It's the 909/Riverside. Geeeeeezus! I had someone drive my F-Mover 39' out there and drive it OUT, nightly, when we were testing down there in '08-'10...
It's the 909/Riverside.

Geeeeeezus!

I had someone drive my F-Mover 39' out there and drive it OUT, nightly, when we were testing down there in '08-'10 just because of WHERE IT IS.

Fuck.

Got it?
Locking your stuff in your vehicle when you go out to do a moto is not being responsible?
TeamGreen
6/30/2011 3:00pm
TeamGreen wrote:
It's the 909/Riverside. Geeeeeezus! I had someone drive my F-Mover 39' out there and drive it OUT, nightly, when we were testing down there in '08-'10...
It's the 909/Riverside.

Geeeeeezus!

Fuck.

Got it?
MXD wrote:
Locking your stuff in your vehicle when you go out to do a moto is not being responsible?
O.K., I'l ask YOU point blank:

WHO is responsible FOR YOUR shit?

Ever insure a race-rig?: You'll learn REAL QUICK...you are responsible for ALL of it...Ever file a Police Report? What will they tell'ya?

Hence, secure the fuck out of it and get a kick-ass alarm...hell, have ya EVER noticed the "Security" folks at an SX? We have to keep people OUT OF THE RIGS on RACE DAY!

In this era of fewer and fewer tracks, I'm not gonna give one of the better tracks a RATION of SHIT jus' because they're in the middle of the hood and some P.O.S. ripped some dude off.

The THIEF is the Problem.

Go KICK HIS ASS!
MXD
6/30/2011 3:05pm
Please give me your opinion, is locking your camera gear in your vehicle irresponsible or responsible? When theft at a particular establishment becomes a weekly event, at some point the owners need to do their part to help.
Sherwood
6/30/2011 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2011 3:12pm
How about put your shit up and lock the door? Also keep an eye on it.
MXD
6/30/2011 3:15pm
Sherwood wrote:
How about put your shit up and lock the door? Also keep an eye on it.
In the post above I mentioned that the doors were locked. It happened when he went out on the track to ride.
TeamGreen
6/30/2011 3:18pm
MXD wrote:
Please give me your opinion, is locking your camera gear in your vehicle irresponsible or responsible? When theft at a particular establishment becomes a weekly event...
Please give me your opinion, is locking your camera gear in your vehicle irresponsible or responsible? When theft at a particular establishment becomes a weekly event, at some point the owners need to do their part to help.
I've got a lockable console in all my trucks + an alarm.

I want the track operator to keep the track sweet and well maintained. I'll take care of my OWN shit, thank you very much.

Here's one for ya: I spenf NO-LESS than 60 days a year in Mexico...yet...

I haven't had a GAWD-DAMN thing STOLEN down there...IN MEXICO.

I lock my shit up, outta-site, on the DL.

I'm jus' sayin'...
mototyme
Fantasy
4364th
6/30/2011 3:28pm
Common Sense: If you are in an area that could be risky or is a known to have security issues then you should not advertise your belongings. If you have expensive items you should take caution to limit exposing those items at or near your vehicle. Then hide the items completely out of site in your locked vehicle and always set the car alarm. Out of sight out of mind goes a long way. It is your responsibility to do your best in protecting your belongings. Always report suspicious activity or persons.
Torco1
6/30/2011 3:29pm
I have a funny (actually boneheaded) story about Milestone. I bought a new truck this past February and went riding at Milestone that weekend. Well, I unloaded, got dressed and then went out and did my first moto. When I got back to my truck to rest I sat on the tailgate and was just sitting there swinging my legs and relaxing. I noticed my truck was shaking a lot, way to much from just my legs swinging. My dumb-ass left my truck running the whole time I unloaded, got dressed, and went out and rode for about 20 minutes. I'm friggin lucky nobody drove off in it.
TeamGreen
6/30/2011 3:33pm
Torco1 wrote:
I have a funny (actually boneheaded) story about Milestone. I bought a new truck this past February and went riding at Milestone that weekend. Well, I...
I have a funny (actually boneheaded) story about Milestone. I bought a new truck this past February and went riding at Milestone that weekend. Well, I unloaded, got dressed and then went out and did my first moto. When I got back to my truck to rest I sat on the tailgate and was just sitting there swinging my legs and relaxing. I noticed my truck was shaking a lot, way to much from just my legs swinging. My dumb-ass left my truck running the whole time I unloaded, got dressed, and went out and rode for about 20 minutes. I'm friggin lucky nobody drove off in it.
Nah, jus' good Karma.
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
6/30/2011 3:46pm
Looks to me like they are taking steps to take care of this problem.
Mod Killer
6/30/2011 3:48pm
i see what youre saying mototyme and teamgreen......but mxd has a point. its a weekly occurance. and it only seems to be happening at milestone. not that it doesnt happen on rare occassions elsewhere, its just that its what milestone is known for. and thats what mxd's point is, when its epidemic status like at milestone, and the owners seemed to not care up until now, being responsible can only be described as "avoiding milestone" because there is no responsible way to protect your stuff there. does that make sense?
Torco1
6/30/2011 3:54pm
Mod Killer wrote:
i see what youre saying mototyme and teamgreen......but mxd has a point. its a weekly occurance. and it only seems to be happening at milestone. not...
i see what youre saying mototyme and teamgreen......but mxd has a point. its a weekly occurance. and it only seems to be happening at milestone. not that it doesnt happen on rare occassions elsewhere, its just that its what milestone is known for. and thats what mxd's point is, when its epidemic status like at milestone, and the owners seemed to not care up until now, being responsible can only be described as "avoiding milestone" because there is no responsible way to protect your stuff there. does that make sense?
This is a little different because it was a once a year deal, but I know the Adelanto GP had a big problem with the tweekers coming in a stealing gear and other stuff during the event.
TeamGreen
6/30/2011 3:57pm
Mod Killer wrote:
i see what youre saying mototyme and teamgreen......but mxd has a point. its a weekly occurance. and it only seems to be happening at milestone. not...
I've been to MIlestone in the Rig, Pick Up and Sprinter.

Never had a problem.

NEVER leave something out in the open...yup...even if it's in the car...don't leave it in-sight.

Hell, it's because of situations like this that we've been gettin' more Fords w/ the key-pad on the door.
wawazat
6/30/2011 4:03pm
Well scratch Milestone off the list of tracks I go to... Family isn't paying ten bucks to watch my old ass ride... Starwest used to charge 5 bucks for spectators, and they thought better of it. Milestone management is a joke, always has been, well I take that back, when they first opened they had a cool manager. Since then, it's just been downhill...
mototyme
Fantasy
4364th
6/30/2011 4:17pm
When Milestone’s gate numbers drop and their nearly daily email spam stops bringing in customers maybe they will get the hint no one will to go to track with security problems. When people don’t report suspicious activity this doesn’t help track management or fellow riders. Turning the other way doesn’t help anyone but the thieves.
There is no shortage of tracks in Southern California and I know that if I am going to a track by myself I won’t be going to a track that I cannot leave my vehicle unattended while riding. When I am on the track having fun the last thing I want to be thinking about is whether my tools and gear will be there when I return. There are other choices.
Torco1
6/30/2011 4:56pm
wawazat wrote:
Well scratch Milestone off the list of tracks I go to... Family isn't paying ten bucks to watch my old ass ride... Starwest used to charge...
Well scratch Milestone off the list of tracks I go to... Family isn't paying ten bucks to watch my old ass ride... Starwest used to charge 5 bucks for spectators, and they thought better of it. Milestone management is a joke, always has been, well I take that back, when they first opened they had a cool manager. Since then, it's just been downhill...
I don't think they are charging $10 a person if you are with a rider. I think it's only if a car of people come in and they don't have bikes with them.
6/30/2011 5:10pm
I dont how many times but its been alot when we barely get the tire on or the carb cleaned or the chain tighten or the throttle tube cleaned out or the pipe back on that we left everything wide open to make the gate.
Wallet on the counter and so on. The last thing I need to worry about is getting my stuff jacked.
wawazat
6/30/2011 5:24pm
wawazat wrote:
Well scratch Milestone off the list of tracks I go to... Family isn't paying ten bucks to watch my old ass ride... Starwest used to charge...
Torco1 wrote:
I don't think they are charging $10 a person if you are with a rider. I think it's only if a car of people come in...
I don't think they are charging $10 a person if you are with a rider. I think it's only if a car of people come in and they don't have bikes with them.
Yeah, thats what I got out of it. When I go I usually leave from work, get there at 3, wife shows up at 6 or so. If they charge her ten bucks to "park" cause we didn't drive down together, it's bs.

The management there is a joke. They wont listen to anyone, their attitude has been, "well they paid, and they get to ride just like you." Short story of that comment is..When they had the beginner kids practice track, we were there teaching this kid how to ride. Two teenage clowns on kids quads come out to battle with each other. No reason for anyone other than a true kid beginner to be on that track. I complained, and got the statement above. Friend complained, and nothing was done. I got on my kids 110 and blocked the crap out of the kids on quads.. Short time later the kids parents come over talking about how I shouldn't be on that track... A few other parents came over to side with us, and the parent of the kid on the quad was wanting to fight with all of us. lol Then management got involved. They seem to let shit go to long before they do anything.

Plenty of tracks that don't charge a membership to ride at.. My membership expired some time this month, so we just wont renew..
SH_105
6/30/2011 6:13pm
First and foremost, Kyle never ONCE took his equipment out the day it was stolen.... How do you know that someone in Kyle's position would have those types of belongings had thay not known WHO HE WAS...??? Also there was a $100 dollar bill in the cup holder along with his clothes, wallet and other randon items, why were those not stolen? Don't give me this BS of you should take better care of your shit and not parade it around, because HE DID NOT!! Believe I would be the first to tell some one what a bonehead they were if they had done the things mentioned above but Kyle did not. So get off your all macho high horse trying to sound billy badass that your shit hasnt gotten stolen YET and maybe just maybe Kyle WAS targeted by someone who works there or knows someone who works there that knows the ins/outs of the industry people who frequent there... Some of you tool boxes can really be condescending when not even fully being aware of the circumstances in which they have or have not happened!!

SH
90smxer
6/30/2011 7:03pm
Mod Killer wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
I've been to MIlestone in the Rig, Pick Up and Sprinter. Never had a problem. NEVER leave something out in the open...yup...even if it's in the...
I've been to MIlestone in the Rig, Pick Up and Sprinter.

Never had a problem.

NEVER leave something out in the open...yup...even if it's in the car...don't leave it in-sight.

Hell, it's because of situations like this that we've been gettin' more Fords w/ the key-pad on the door.
All your locks, alarms and keypads might slow down a first time novice but will not phase even a mediocre thief.

All that extra shit is a total waste of money.
MXD
6/30/2011 7:20pm
SH_105 wrote:
First and foremost, Kyle never ONCE took his equipment out the day it was stolen.... How do you know that someone in Kyle's position would have...
First and foremost, Kyle never ONCE took his equipment out the day it was stolen.... How do you know that someone in Kyle's position would have those types of belongings had thay not known WHO HE WAS...??? Also there was a $100 dollar bill in the cup holder along with his clothes, wallet and other randon items, why were those not stolen? Don't give me this BS of you should take better care of your shit and not parade it around, because HE DID NOT!! Believe I would be the first to tell some one what a bonehead they were if they had done the things mentioned above but Kyle did not. So get off your all macho high horse trying to sound billy badass that your shit hasnt gotten stolen YET and maybe just maybe Kyle WAS targeted by someone who works there or knows someone who works there that knows the ins/outs of the industry people who frequent there... Some of you tool boxes can really be condescending when not even fully being aware of the circumstances in which they have or have not happened!!

SH
You know what's funny? I bet no one will say a word about your post because you are a former factory rider and this board is full of nut swingers and "ME ME ME's". Most disagreed with me because I'm a fat slow old vet nobody Laughing

Thanks for setting the record straight. Kyle deserved better than what happened to him, he's a good dude.
Sherwood
6/30/2011 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2011 7:31pm
SH_105 wrote:
First and foremost, Kyle never ONCE took his equipment out the day it was stolen.... How do you know that someone in Kyle's position would have...

SH
The real smart guy is the one who takes his camera to a place known for theft, gets it stolen and then wants to boycott the track. Maybe you guys grew up in a nice middle/upper class white neighborhood where they don't teach you to not take valuable items to a place known for theft if they won't be in your possession at all time. Think we've all grown with this experience.
jndmx
6/30/2011 7:31pm
SH_105 wrote:

SH
This.....
MXD
6/30/2011 7:32pm
Sherwood wrote:
The real smart guy is the one who takes his camera to a place known for theft, gets it stolen and then wants to boycott the...
The real smart guy is the one who takes his camera to a place known for theft, gets it stolen and then wants to boycott the track. Maybe you guys grew up in a nice middle/upper class white neighborhood where they don't teach you to not take valuable items to a place known for theft if they won't be in your possession at all time. Think we've all grown with this experience.
The fact that you threw in the word "white" shows me all I need to know about your level of "intelligence".
Sherwood
6/30/2011 7:34pm
Sherwood wrote:
The real smart guy is the one who takes his camera to a place known for theft, gets it stolen and then wants to boycott the...
MXD wrote:
The fact that you threw in the word "white" shows me all I need to know about your level of "intelligence".
I didn't get my camera stolen at a place that is notorious for theft.

Post a reply to: the Boycott Milestone MX facebook page

The Latest