4/17/2010 8:41pm
Throttles saying Collapsed lung
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
4/17/2010 8:42pm
Coyote wrote:
Throttles saying Collapsed lung
This really SUCKS! This is what I really hate about this sport. How many other sports can you loose 2 top riders in the same race?
MXR
4/17/2010 8:45pm
This has got to be the one of the most brutal sports on the planet . Injuries suck .
eGO
4/17/2010 8:46pm
i really hope tedesco will be alright hes my favorite rider

The Shop

Hank_Thrill
4/17/2010 8:47pm
Someone, for the love of God, please detune these engines. Put restricter plates on them or something, for Satan's sakes! These injuries are getting worse and worse, and more frequent. There will always be injuries in this sport, but damn, I'm tired of all these pros getting hurt.
MXR
4/17/2010 8:49pm
Make the TRACKS SAFER !
zippy895
4/17/2010 8:49pm
tedesco does not deserve another injury.
mx295
4/17/2010 8:51pm
Someone, for the love of God, please detune these engines. Put restricter plates on them or something, for Satan's sakes! These injuries are getting worse and...
Someone, for the love of God, please detune these engines. Put restricter plates on them or something, for Satan's sakes! These injuries are getting worse and worse, and more frequent. There will always be injuries in this sport, but damn, I'm tired of all these pros getting hurt.
Let them race 2 strokes!
Hank_Thrill
4/17/2010 8:52pm
MXR wrote:
Make the TRACKS SAFER !
Not going to do anything, they just go faster. Look how technical the tracks were in the two stroke MC and RC days.

The 450 series is amusing. It has turned into a survival series, much like that television show, survivor. I've been rooting for Dungey btw, all season, but it sucks when so many top pros just blow themselves up on these bikes.
4/17/2010 8:53pm
Someone, for the love of God, please detune these engines. Put restricter plates on them or something, for Satan's sakes! These injuries are getting worse and...
The throttle turns both ways.
zippy895
4/17/2010 8:55pm
Ivan Tedesco also went down shortly after RV2. He also left in an ambulence. We've heard broken ribs
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
4/17/2010 8:57pm
Stewart
Reed
Short
Langston
Tedesco
Villopoto
Milsaps
Hill

All had a real shot at a top 5 in the championship, all out or severely limited from injury! That's nearly half the field of a 20 man main. No wonder sponsors are reluctant to invest.

I mean, if Stewart doesn't race the nationals, he will have raced only like 4 or 5 races since last May. Even if he does 2 nationals and the US Open, and maybe 1 or 2 races in Europe, he will have raced only 5 races this year, and 9 races in 1 1/2 years.
Hank_Thrill
4/17/2010 9:01pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Stewart Reed Short Langston Tedesco Villopoto Milsaps Hill All had a real shot at a top 5 in the championship, all out or severely limited from...
Stewart
Reed
Short
Langston
Tedesco
Villopoto
Milsaps
Hill

All had a real shot at a top 5 in the championship, all out or severely limited from injury! That's nearly half the field of a 20 man main. No wonder sponsors are reluctant to invest.

I mean, if Stewart doesn't race the nationals, he will have raced only like 4 or 5 races since last May. Even if he does 2 nationals and the US Open, and maybe 1 or 2 races in Europe, he will have raced only 5 races this year, and 9 races in 1 1/2 years.
Word!

Good job on counting how many pros we've lost this year. I lost count before the series left California. Dan Reardon too, I believe. He was doing good in the AUS series, and expecting a lot this season, if I remember.
eGO
4/17/2010 9:03pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Stewart Reed Short Langston Tedesco Villopoto Milsaps Hill All had a real shot at a top 5 in the championship, all out or severely limited from...
Stewart
Reed
Short
Langston
Tedesco
Villopoto
Milsaps
Hill

u forgot grant.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
4/17/2010 9:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2010 9:06pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Stewart
Reed
Short
Langston
Tedesco
Villopoto
Milsaps
Hill

Word! Good job on counting how many pros we've lost this year. I lost count before the series left California. Dan Reardon too, I believe. He...
Word!

Good job on counting how many pros we've lost this year. I lost count before the series left California. Dan Reardon too, I believe. He was doing good in the AUS series, and expecting a lot this season, if I remember.
And Jake Moss.

That makes it 10 factory riders. Half the field. Granted, Milsaps and Hill are still out there but still, it degrades from the racing.

This sucks. I'm a huge Dungey fan and wanted him to win tonight, but this just ruined my night.
Hank_Thrill
4/17/2010 9:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2010 9:07pm
Good point, it's just too bad these guys competing for jobs in such economic times that even hurt the motocross industry, and are obviously pushing the limits too far. I will admit, some are competing for jobs, while others compete for titles. Then again, maybe its not the limits they are pushing that's causing all the season ending crashes, but the limits they are allowed to reach on bikes so powerful you can ride the entire track in 2nd gear (i.e., Trey Canard)! Chances are its a combination of both. The pace these days is ridiculous, the pressure to do well is ridiculous, and the power of the bikes have obviously made it impossible for half the best riders in the world to complete an entire damn series!
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
4/17/2010 9:14pm
Good point, it's just too bad these guys competing for jobs in such economic times that even hurt the motocross industry, and are obviously pushing the...
Good point, it's just too bad these guys competing for jobs in such economic times that even hurt the motocross industry, and are obviously pushing the limits too far. I will admit, some are competing for jobs, while others compete for titles. Then again, maybe its not the limits they are pushing that's causing all the season ending crashes, but the limits they are allowed to reach on bikes so powerful you can ride the entire track in 2nd gear (i.e., Trey Canard)! Chances are its a combination of both. The pace these days is ridiculous, the pressure to do well is ridiculous, and the power of the bikes have obviously made it impossible for half the best riders in the world to complete an entire damn series!
It's not that hard to do. Seriously, that's what they did in Formula 1 after Senna died in his 1100hp car.

Eventually it just becomes detrimental to our sport.
BobbyM
4/17/2010 9:14pm
Good point, it's just too bad these guys competing for jobs in such economic times that even hurt the motocross industry, and are obviously pushing the...
yer right hank...the fucking bikes are too much for sx. fuckers should be on 85's for some of these tracks
eGO
4/17/2010 9:26pm
I am looking for a person name Aaron Green does any one know Aaron Green
Hank_Thrill
4/17/2010 9:29pm
BobbyM wrote:
yer right hank...the fucking bikes are too much for sx. fuckers should be on 85's for some of these tracks
Thanks for the laugh Bobby (with the 85's comment).
I'm as bummed out as anyone else is around here, but can't imagine how RV is feeling right now.

TriRacer27, "This sucks. I'm a huge Dungey fan and wanted him to win tonight, but this just ruined my night."

same here...
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
4/17/2010 9:31pm
It's not o ly the bikes dude, the tracks are stupid and not adapted to modern bikes. Both RV and IT crashed on the same rhythm section on the same jump they were tripling
sharkey
4/17/2010 9:35pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Stewart
Reed
Short
Langston
Tedesco
Villopoto
Milsaps
Hill

thats crazy and all those guys like you said are real good. that dont count the lites riders out as well
4/17/2010 9:37pm
It's a mater of dollar and cents. If people are willing to pay $50 to come watch and they are making money in this day and age then they will push it even futher. I hate to say it but it will take a death durring a SX main on live TV to change things. We all can see it coming, but the avarage joe picks up a 12 pack and tells his friends to comeover and see what he does on the weekend.

The riders need to stand up like in Veags and say NO! The track is bad and someone is going to get hurt. Nothing on this forum or any other forum will change things. The riders are the ones who picking up the loaded gun and pulling triger. Heck I would do the same if I had millions of dollars setting for me at the finishline. Who would not? There will come a time when they say no to the money and set back and effect the needed change in our sport to keep it main strem. If not then the races will end up on a cabel show called craches gone bad!
4/17/2010 9:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2010 9:46pm
After thinking about it this is what happened back in 06 and it has ramped up ever since. Remenber James Marshalls crash in 2006. It has not getten any better, just worse.
Mutt
4/18/2010 12:39am
Here's to a speedy recovery for Ivan.
WhKnuckle
4/18/2010 3:19am
Make the final events 30 laps. When everyone is strong enough to ride WFO for the entire race, that's what they'll do. Make them preserve some energy and ride a little smarter.
roby029
Fantasy
1818th
4/18/2010 3:33am
restrictor plates how stupid ...its not the bikes its the tracks and bad luck
JaumeTGO
4/18/2010 8:59am
From his Twitter page:

I collapsed my left lung and crushed 5 ribs. In so much pain!!!! gonna be here a few days. keep you guys posted.

Get well soon, dude!!!

Post a reply to: tedesco on oxygen

The Latest