suzuki rrm 125 help

Related:
Create New Tag

11/26/2018 10:45 AM

so i bought an 01 rm 125 13 hours with a fresh top end, 1500 a steal

its running lean for until about half then hits power band and picks up and clears out

just put a bigger pilot in an runs the same.

in ATL and ride in north georgia

haven checked and of the seals as i busted the gas tank open in a rut
hit a rock fell and put a baseball sized hole in it

anything will help to get it running right

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

11/26/2018 12:56 PM

The only way I can help is to suggest dropping it off at LSD racing in Douglasville and let Larry tune it up for you.

|

11/26/2018 1:09 PM

Check for air leaks. If your air screw is more than 1.5 turns out then you need a bigger pilot jet. Also try dropping the clip on your needle 1 slot

|

11/26/2018 2:27 PM

ok thanks guys

how mutch will larry charge

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

11/26/2018 2:33 PM

kb228 wrote:

Check for air leaks. If your air screw is more than 1.5 turns out then you need a bigger pilot jet. Also try dropping the clip ...more

What he said....

|

11/26/2018 5:16 PM

brody wrote:

ok thanks guys

how mutch will larry charge

I'm not sure but I bet Larry would know. IMO he had fair pricing

|

11/26/2018 6:09 PM

double check your jetting. could be air screw or pilot. if those are good its check your power valve is connected and clean. if it has issues opening itll be hard pressed to pickup off the bottom but will open eventually

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

11/26/2018 6:38 PM

Ok cant find larry or lsd online

Got a phone number

|

11/26/2018 7:29 PM

770-920-2497

|

Ed Johnson

11/26/2018 9:31 PM

Check the power valve linkage, it was a problem in 2001 and the water pump gear would cut though it.

Use the 2002 part

|

11/26/2018 9:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2018 9:48 PM

Try lowering your needle clip positiom. Try the 4th groove from the top and see if it helps.

|

11/27/2018 9:50 AM

Which power band are you running - purple or yellow?

|

11/27/2018 10:50 AM

did not know there was to power band options
thought that was for the 2004 up rm

ill check though
i am going to give larry a call tonight

i put richer pilot jet in and i will try the needle clip and air screw when i get a new tank

|

11/28/2018 6:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2018 6:03 PM

The orange power band works best.

I have an '02 RM 134 that I bought last year. I don't trust used bikes until I have personally redone at least the top end. I've found disconnected power valves, really worn rings, missing jets, frozen linkages, etc, etc,etc.

When I got mine it "needed nothing". It ran like crap- no power down low, then a violent hit. I found a loose spark plug, a torn air filter, the powervalve 2 turns tight, way too rich jetting, and... that's all I remember. The linkage was almost rusted solid and there was NO lube in the steering head. The chain was new, the sprockets worn. I fixed all that and rode it for 5 hours before I couldn't stand not knowing and did the top end.

Your bike does have an adjustable power valve and the thing to do is remove the two bolts and pull it out. Make sure it's set to "zero" and then start with it about 1/3 turn up from there. I'll get pictures if you don't know what I'm talking about. The adjustable valve is lots of fun and will definitely change the hit, but it should still run clean at all RPM's.

Also, don't guess at the jetting. Find Pro Circuit's jetting chart, look at the OEM specs on RockyMountain ATV, and go from there. If your jetting deviates significantly from those, something is most definitely wrong.

|

2019 KTM 150 SX
2019 Husqvarna TX300
2021 Honda CB500X

11/28/2018 6:35 PM

ok ill check the powerband
is the color just under the adjuster?
i have all ready checked the whole bike
power valves linkage swingarm, top end, etc

ill take a look

|

11/28/2018 6:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2018 6:56 PM

Ive found the green powerband works best to help out bottom end. Not many dealers stock these though so call ahead and make sure

|

12/3/2018 12:30 AM

Kx125rider wrote:

Ive found the green powerband works best to help out bottom end. Not many dealers stock these though so call ahead and make ...more

Broseph... everyone knows the yellow power band provides the most vicious hit! It is Suzuki's color!

|

12/3/2018 5:20 AM

Kx125rider wrote:

Ive found the green powerband works best to help out bottom end. Not many dealers stock these though so call ahead and make ...more

Harry Backmon wrote:

Broseph... everyone knows the yellow power band provides the most vicious hit! It is Suzuki's color!

Quite a risky move you recommend there Harrybro. OP will pop wheelies in every gear with yellow powerband. I settled at blue. Enough hit from the bottom to grab a holeshot, but not panty dropping suicidal crazy fast.

|

12/3/2018 8:25 AM

The boys at KTM World in Cedertown helped my dial in my 125. Give them a call.

|

12/3/2018 9:11 AM

Reeds...

|

12/3/2018 2:31 PM

Not the reeds got a brand new set of v force

I did a leak test nothing
Will do some changing at track and will let you know

|

12/3/2018 3:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2018 3:56 PM

Kx125rider wrote:

Harry Backmon wrote:

Turbojez wrote:

Quite a risky move you recommend there Harrybro. OP will pop wheelies in every gear with yellow powerband. I settled at blue. ...more

All about red powerband! Great bottom hit, pulls great through the middle and up top, but not as crazy as the yellow. Drops panties like a kid drops tictacs. Red powerband also helps you throw that back end out like you're freakin' James Stewart!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals