stroupe racing this week

block75
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 10:46pm
according to his twitter his is a go for tommorrow night

stroupy45 austin stroupe
Over flying today jus wanna get to the hotel and watch tv excited to be racing tomorrow
|
level
3/18/2011 6:32pm
Kid is fast and talented. He kind of got left behind with the likes of Canard, Villo, Dungey. I thought for sure he would be on a factory ride and be running top 5 easily. He will get there. He's got the speed.
500guy
3/18/2011 6:34pm
level wrote:
Kid is fast and talented. He kind of got left behind with the likes of Canard, Villo, Dungey. I thought for sure he would be on...
Kid is fast and talented. He kind of got left behind with the likes of Canard, Villo, Dungey. I thought for sure he would be on a factory ride and be running top 5 easily. He will get there. He's got the speed.
He didn't get left behind, He made choices that affected his future.

Super talented , appears not very bright
block75
3/18/2011 6:39pm
agree with 500, he is super talented but seems he just hasnt got it together for himself
Mstock
3/18/2011 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2011 7:34pm
block75 wrote:
according to his twitter his is a go for tommorrow night stroupy45 austin stroupe Over flying today jus wanna get to the hotel and watch tv...

stroupy45 austin stroupe
Over flying today jus wanna get to the hotel and watch tv excited to be racing tomorrow
That damn flying to the race shit gets old. Spoiled and disillusioned are terms that come to mind.

The Shop

3/18/2011 8:16pm
block75 wrote:
according to his twitter his is a go for tommorrow night stroupy45 austin stroupe Over flying today jus wanna get to the hotel and watch tv...

stroupy45 austin stroupe
Mstock wrote:
That damn flying to the race shit gets old. Spoiled and disillusioned are terms that come to mind.
You people will pick a part anything a pro says, unbelievable. Hope he gets his priorities straight, ever since he came back from his shoulder injury it's just been drugs and partying every day.
therealjonon
3/18/2011 9:08pm
block75 wrote:

stroupy45 austin stroupe
Mstock wrote:
what do you want him to do walk? flying every weekend makes you reallllly appreciate driving but you wouldnt know.
RMZ819
3/19/2011 3:10am
level wrote:
Kid is fast and talented. He kind of got left behind with the likes of Canard, Villo, Dungey. I thought for sure he would be on...
Stroupe missed his window. He will never get a factory ride. Not even close. There is to much talent with lots of upside in the Lites class that will be moving up.

Stroupe is a journeyman rider at best from this point on.
3/19/2011 4:18am
level wrote:
RMZ819 wrote:
Stroupe missed his window. He will never get a factory ride. Not even close. There is to much talent with lots of upside in the Lites...
Stroupe missed his window. He will never get a factory ride. Not even close. There is to much talent with lots of upside in the Lites class that will be moving up.

You could be right...... But don't forget what fickle little bitches the factory team leaders are.

If stroupey starts leading laps again and holeshotting and makes the appearance that his youthfulntransgressions are over the factories are gonna start writing up the incentive based contracts the vital posters dreamed up to protect their interests.

Vital drivers want the factories to keep every penny of the 8600 green backs they lay out for fart machines so that they can help out after the tsunami.

To he'll with the riders...... Cianciarulo is coming, lets give all the money to him.
3/19/2011 6:54am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2011 7:04am
RMZ819 wrote:
Stroupe missed his window. He will never get a factory ride. Not even close. There is to much talent with lots of upside in the Lites...

There's always Europe if the industry gives up on him here and he decides he wants to turn his career around (ala Osborne). Might be an eye opener season for him.
500guy
3/19/2011 9:45am
RMZ819 wrote:

There's always Europe if the industry gives up on him here and he decides he wants to turn his career around (ala Osborne). Might be an...
There's always Europe if the industry gives up on him here and he decides he wants to turn his career around (ala Osborne). Might be an eye opener season for him.
Don't compare Zach to some doper please, it's not cool.
Clutchy
3/19/2011 10:00am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2011 10:02am
RMZ819 wrote:

Don't kid yourself If a serial killer could win races and championships, they'd get a factory ride...!!!!

Errrr everyone deserves a second errr ahh tenth chance.
VOODOO27
3/19/2011 10:02am
level wrote:
RMZ819 wrote:

I suspect there are more than a few racers (ala Tim Ferry) who were able to secure factory rides again, when people were saying they were a washed up 'journeyman'. Then again, there isn't the 'factory' team element like the good ol' days... so a contract with a solid team like San Manuel Yamaha, JGRMX, or Valli would be the best he could hope for.
Clutchy
3/19/2011 10:04am
VOODOO27 wrote:
I suspect there are more than a few racers (ala Tim Ferry) who were able to secure factory rides again, when people were saying they were...
I suspect there are more than a few racers (ala Tim Ferry) who were able to secure factory rides again, when people were saying they were a washed up 'journeyman'. Then again, there isn't the 'factory' team element like the good ol' days... so a contract with a solid team like San Manuel Yamaha, JGRMX, or Valli would be the best he could hope for.
Ummmmm..... Those are factory rides.......Wink
Slow
3/19/2011 10:10am
RMZ819 wrote:

There's always Europe if the industry gives up on him here and he decides he wants to turn his career around (ala Osborne). Might be an...
500guy wrote:
Careful Flarider will be all over your ass soon demanding proof!
VOODOO27
3/19/2011 10:12am
RMZ819 wrote:

500guy wrote:
A doper? There's a pretty broad definition with that word, depending on where you come from.

To me, you just said he's a guy that uses heroin... which I seriously doubt is the case. Potheads... meth-heads... crack/coke heads (maybe) aren't 'dopers' in my world. You may want to think about being a little more specific with your take on what you think you know about Austin's issue. A problem with getting off the prescription pain meds he's had to take, due to his injuries... maybe. A flat out 'doper', not so much. But, you know more insider stuff then I do, Jay.
VOODOO27
3/19/2011 10:22am
VOODOO27 wrote:
I suspect there are more than a few racers (ala Tim Ferry) who were able to secure factory rides again, when people were saying they were...
Clutchy wrote:
Ummmmm..... Those are factory rides.......Wink
Really? Then, Austin already has the factory ride that RMZ says he will never get Smile

These are the teams I consider 'factory' teams/rides: Rockstar/Makita Suzuki, Monster Energy Kawasaki, Team Honda, Red Bull KTM.. so you're saying that Yamaha has 4 or 5 'factory' teams, just because San Manual, JGRMX, Valli, Star and MotoConcepts all race their bikes. That's odd that Yamaha would have that many factory team in one series. It's like they're competing against themselves. Does that mean Two-Two Motorsports is also a factory ride? Is Geico Honda a factory ride then, also? I'd put them in the same category as the teams I mentioned above... an independent team, with some factory support.
Clutchy
3/19/2011 10:39am
VOODOO27 wrote:
Really? Then, Austin already has the factory ride that RMZ says he will never get :) These are the teams I consider 'factory' teams/rides: Rockstar/Makita Suzuki...
Really? Then, Austin already has the factory ride that RMZ says he will never get Smile

These are the teams I consider 'factory' teams/rides: Rockstar/Makita Suzuki, Monster Energy Kawasaki, Team Honda, Red Bull KTM.. so you're saying that Yamaha has 4 or 5 'factory' teams, just because San Manual, JGRMX, Valli, Star and MotoConcepts all race their bikes. That's odd that Yamaha would have that many factory team in one series. It's like they're competing against themselves. Does that mean Two-Two Motorsports is also a factory ride? Is Geico Honda a factory ride then, also? I'd put them in the same category as the teams I mentioned above... an independent team, with some factory support.
So you're basically saying 8 people have factory rides...? What make San manual yamaha any different then rockstar/makita suzuki or monster energy.....? Honda is the last one that still use's the title Team Honda.. so then actually there's only one factory ride...?
VOODOO27
3/19/2011 11:10am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2011 11:11am
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Chris. I think it's more than me who has this distorted view of 'factory' teams with in this sport Smile

What makes a difference to me is that the manufacturers are most likely not footing the operation expenses of teams like San Manuel/JGRMX, Geico, Valli, etc. Sure, most of the factory team have a major sponsor like Rockstar/Makita and Monster Energy, but, Team Honda is the one paying $5k for custom footpegs for their riders, while teams like JGRMX are using their own (and their sponsors) money for the special bells and whistles (suspension, engines, frames, etc.) to be more competitive. When Team Honda was Red Bull Honda, weren't they still the Honda 'factory' team?

Based on your take, was Factory Connection also a factory Honda team at the same time Honda was flying the Red Bull Honda banner? Or, were they a team who paid their own expenses, and received some factory 'support', that Honda was willing to provide, to help the make the Honda brand successful as it could be for an independent team that happened to uses their bikes?

If a racer's paycheck doesn't come from a manufacture, but their team owner, how does that still make them a factory team? How about we consider a guy a factory racer if he receives his paycheck from American Suzuki Motor Corp, American Honda Motor Corp, Kawasaki Motor Corp, Etc.. Base it on whose name is on the check, that pays them, not the fact their team has a semi in the parking lot.
oldx
3/19/2011 11:33am
level wrote:
500guy wrote:

I'll have to agree with this.
mxb2
3/19/2011 11:47am
Better beer and drugs in europe!
wildbill
3/19/2011 11:50am
level wrote:
500guy wrote:

oldx wrote:
I'll have to agree with this.
at least he reads books. Not many in moto can attest to that.
VOODOO27
3/19/2011 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2011 3:20pm
POS # NAME BIKE BEST TIME
7 74 Austin Stroupe Yamaha YZ450F 45.759

Not bad for an alleged has-been, journeyman 'doper', who topped a couple of factory pilots, along with Brayton, Reed and Tedesco.

Here's hoping that Austin keeps it on two wheels, stays healthy, and pulls another holeshot or two, and grabs a solid 5th-8th place finish in the main, tonight. New beginnings have to start somewhere.
3/19/2011 2:46pm
VOODOO27 wrote:
POS # NAME BIKE BEST TIME 7 74 Austin Stroupe Yamaha YZ450F 45.759 Not bad for an alleged has-been, journeyman 'doper', who topped a couple of...

Not bad for an alleged has-been, journeyman 'doper', who topped a couple of factory pilots, along with Brayton, Reed and Tedesco.

Here's hoping that Austin keeps it on two wheels, stays healthy, and pulls another holeshot or two, and grabs a solid 5th-8th place finish in the main, tonight. New beginnings have to start somewhere.
J-Law went fast high to...
oldAFI
3/19/2011 3:09pm
VOODOO27 wrote:
POS # NAME BIKE BEST TIME 7 74 Austin Stroupe Yamaha YZ450F 45.759 Not bad for an alleged has-been, journeyman 'doper', who topped a couple of...

J-Law went fast high to...
man some people are ignorant to the drug world.

Post a reply to: stroupe racing this week

The Latest