stewart 2012

sherro24
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:24pm
i dont know what it is but i just keep getting this feeling that james stewart is going to come out and kill it in 2012. After this sx season i sort of forgot just how talented that guy is on a dirt bike. Everybody in every sport at that higher level is so exposed by the media these days that it makes it easy for people to talk shit about a guy, but seriously when james is on it hes on another level, and i just keep thinking that hes gona take it to that next level. Only time will tell i guess. Dont hate. Peace.
|
Ddavis
7/5/2011 3:23pm
If he can keep it on 2 wheels he can win 12+ in a season, with Reed Villopoto Dungey Windham Hill Weimer Canard etc all healthy. I'd like to see him at Suzuki next year.
Mstock
7/5/2011 3:43pm
He has a bunch of titles left in him before he fades.
peelout
7/5/2011 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2011 3:53pm
Ddavis wrote:
If he can keep it on 2 wheels he can win 12+ in a season, with Reed Villopoto Dungey Windham Hill Weimer Canard etc all healthy...
If he can keep it on 2 wheels he can win 12+ in a season, with Reed Villopoto Dungey Windham Hill Weimer Canard etc all healthy. I'd like to see him at Suzuki next year.
he was healthy all season, why didn't he have 12+ with all those guys?

The Shop

Overdrive
7/5/2011 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2011 4:08pm
Ddavis wrote:
If he can keep it on 2 wheels he can win 12+ in a season, with Reed Villopoto Dungey Windham Hill Weimer Canard etc all healthy...
peelout wrote:
he was healthy all season, why didn't he have 12+ with all those guys?
kinda ouch. Smile
JLong
7/5/2011 4:08pm
SSDD. zzzzzzzzzzz
7/5/2011 4:28pm
sherro24 wrote:
i dont know what it is but i just keep getting this feeling that james stewart is going to come out and kill it in 2012...
i dont know what it is but i just keep getting this feeling that james stewart is going to come out and kill it in 2012. After this sx season i sort of forgot just how talented that guy is on a dirt bike. Everybody in every sport at that higher level is so exposed by the media these days that it makes it easy for people to talk shit about a guy, but seriously when james is on it hes on another level, and i just keep thinking that hes gona take it to that next level. Only time will tell i guess. Dont hate. Peace.
BobbyM
7/5/2011 4:33pm
sherro24 wrote:
i dont know what it is but i just keep getting this feeling that james stewart is going to come out and kill it in 2012...
i fucking told you...the magic is gone.

at one time i had huuge hopes for stewart....not anymore
Ddavis
7/5/2011 4:52pm
It's the Yamaha/his suspension. That Yamaha is all over the place.
cmess77
7/5/2011 5:04pm
I once was under the impression that James had a speed advantage over everyone else, for one lap, no matter how hard they tried. Kevin Windham then showed us all, that that is not the case whatsoever.
MCfan4life
7/5/2011 5:14pm
sherro24 wrote:
[img]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/4/45270/1253930-this_thread_again_super.jpg[/img]
Yep. Another quality thread started by our little Aussie mate Sherro.

Here's his first. A real masterpiece... Sherro's first Vital thread
kiwifan
7/5/2011 5:28pm
sherro24 wrote:
talented.....hmmmm...yes...smart no...not at all...

He was not smart to fire his manager (perhaps he thought he would match what Chad Reed did?), he was not smart to crash while leading a race or two by a huge margin, he was not mart to take out a couple of riders by doing risky passing rather than taking his time (of which he had plenty of), etc.

You think quite highly of JS and good on you, he still has his fans no doubt about it....has he lost of lot of his fans due to his reaction to not winning, his take out of others riders and lack thereof responsibility on his part (where apt) and his snub of outdoors?...yes, including me

I now root for guys who have given a ton of respect to both fans and fellow racers this year...Chad Reed, with KW not far behind him!
machine
7/5/2011 5:32pm
Jeez.........not this crap again.

NEWS FLASH.............HE'S NOT RACING.

How bout we talk about people who are actually out there racing.
chrisbuehler
7/5/2011 5:45pm
Ddavis wrote:
Really though Devin? If he was THAT good, would the bike really hold him back? They have had two years with the new design cmon. The talent is deep DEEP right now. Before he had to beat Chad and who else? An older K-Dub, Short, etc. He's got Villo, Reed, Canard, and Dungey to beat now. He can't crash and pass the field anymore. Not really because he's getting older but because they are getting better. And guess what? They are racing indoors and out. You think that isn't giving them that racer's edge? Oh and RC would win on the Yamaha! HAHA! Had to throw that in.
MX4EVR
7/5/2011 5:48pm
Try and deny that this sport is more mental just like boxing, once you realize that then the argument stops peeling out. If he gets his head together than it's over for all who throws a leg over, plaIn and simple.
NateCrisman
7/5/2011 6:26pm
JS7 "getting his head together" and "keeping it on 2 wheels" is going on what, the 6th or 7th year now of wishful thinking. This rider has been crashing his brains out regularly since about 2005. He's nearing the twilight of his pro career, if he hasn't changed his racing mentality and riding style yet, the chances of his miracle turnaround are getting dim.

My gut says 2012 SX will be yet another crash fest from the best in the yardsale business with the other 3-4 riders all finishing ahead of him in season points at vegas.
sherro24
7/5/2011 6:36pm
hahaha mcfan4life whats your deal bro, do you just love going around hating on people? makes me wonder whos really behind your computer, a mx fan or just someone who loves ripping on kids to make himself feel better, and please dont tell me your a grown man if your posting replys like that, seriously dude you just gotta chillout a bit, its a motocross forum, but im pumped that you rememberd me from my last post Smile If stewart can figure out the whole stay off the ground thing he can defently go 12+ wins in a season, i wouldnt be suprised at all. But everyone els will be stepping up to i guess. cant wait Smile
jeffro503
7/5/2011 6:40pm
sherro24 wrote:
NO.
fader418
7/5/2011 6:47pm
Ice Trey has him covered.......
chrisbuehler
7/5/2011 6:52pm
sherro24 wrote:
hahaha mcfan4life whats your deal bro, do you just love going around hating on people? makes me wonder whos really behind your computer, a mx fan...
hahaha mcfan4life whats your deal bro, do you just love going around hating on people? makes me wonder whos really behind your computer, a mx fan or just someone who loves ripping on kids to make himself feel better, and please dont tell me your a grown man if your posting replys like that, seriously dude you just gotta chillout a bit, its a motocross forum, but im pumped that you rememberd me from my last post Smile If stewart can figure out the whole stay off the ground thing he can defently go 12+ wins in a season, i wouldnt be suprised at all. But everyone els will be stepping up to i guess. cant wait Smile
I think he's a fan bro. Take a look at his 80s and 90s thread. But him and alot of people dont care to talk about a guy who doesnt care about his fan enough to come out and race. When Stupidcross starts unleash hell with the Bubba threads all you want
fader418
7/5/2011 7:15pm
Ddavis wrote:
That is so funny.....like ive said 10 times before......his bike is only good for 8 laps........he wins almost every heat race he enters.....but "its the bike"....in 2010 his bike was all over the place but this year HE was all over the place
sherro24
7/5/2011 7:23pm
Yeah chrisbuehler, Your right. we are all mx fans on here but it just bums me out that people always got to try put you down on a mx forum. Im sure everyone on here is all good people off the computers because we all love the same thing, motocross. I just like talking moto, no need for the hate ya know. 2012 is going to be interesting. Hopefully everybody steps up and we have an even better season than 2011, that would be crazy.
umagumadog
7/5/2011 7:33pm
sherro24 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
i fucking told you...the magic is gone.

at one time i had huuge hopes for stewart....not anymore
Well that's it BobbyM has spoken, James is fucked. Evil
JCRF217
7/5/2011 7:38pm
I'll sum up his 2012 for you he will start the season really cocky, just do ok for the first few races, crash out a shit ton, win a hand full of races. He will make 500 excuses why he lost the title. He will say he is doing the nationals and at the last minute his bike conviently won't be set up and he will miss the first few races and be really quiet until people realize he isn't going to race..... agian. And it will start all over again.
chrisbuehler
7/5/2011 8:24pm
sherro24 wrote:
Yeah chrisbuehler, Your right. we are all mx fans on here but it just bums me out that people always got to try put you down...
Yeah chrisbuehler, Your right. we are all mx fans on here but it just bums me out that people always got to try put you down on a mx forum. Im sure everyone on here is all good people off the computers because we all love the same thing, motocross. I just like talking moto, no need for the hate ya know. 2012 is going to be interesting. Hopefully everybody steps up and we have an even better season than 2011, that would be crazy.
I think we are in for great racing for years to come with the current talent pool my friend. And yes some guys take stuff WAY to seriously on the interweb. When the personal attacks come out and name calling starts, you just gotta brush it off.
cmess77
7/5/2011 9:20pm
All this talk about the new Yamaha being the reason James is doing so bad. Isn't it obvious that the real reason is the Nike's? He hasn't won a title since putting on those horrendous looking things. If he were in Tech 10 or SG12's, he'd be going undefeated season in and season out. It's not the bike, it's the boots.
7/5/2011 10:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2011 10:06pm
haha the boots, you might have a point, i just got some Fly boots given to me as a present, i have ridden with them 10 times now and they still feeling like their unbroken, i cannot ride with these boots, huge toe that i have to move the gear lever up close to the chain just to be able to change gear, and i cannot feel the break peddle, it also seems to twist my feet/knees outward. I feel like a complete goon rider trying to go fast with these boots, back to the sad looking pair of Gearne boots that give me dirty feet but function properly.
cason402
7/5/2011 10:34pm
it would be nice if James would just come out and race dirt bikes with the rest of guys.

maybe get on a team with some people who could give him some good advice.

then ride to the best of his ability and realize that though mom and dad, and EVERY moto periodical said he wasn't, he IS human.

He might win another championship or two, or maybe not. But he'd be racing dirt bikes for a living, and sure seems to me that would be the shit.
FARANG
7/5/2011 11:10pm
Stewart's like Seinfeld in "The Race".

Doesn't want to turn up, get beat and ruin the legend. He let it slip during that one moto last season when Dungey and Desalle beat him so I don't think he'll be taking that chance again. Shame because he's fun to watch.
jeffro503
7/5/2011 11:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2011 11:22pm
Sooooo.....some people still want to blame the bike. Did ya ever think it may be because Stewart doesn't know SHIT about bike setup? He doesn't.........that is why he just hired Ferry to figure it out for him. Nothing wrong with that at all......since a lot of riders don't know how to setup a bike.

Problem is.......what happened on those nights when he won? Or how about the nights when he was winning.....but his brain quit working?

Whoops..Stewart fucked up again.......yep.....IT HAS TO BE the bike!

Face it......Stewart has never ever been good with any kind of pressure. He fucks up 9 out of 10 times when someone decides to run his pace. This past season , we saw a few guys running his pace and even beating him in lap times.....On quite a few occasions actually! So stick that "fastest man on the planet" bullshit up your ass.

So , some of you clowns that like to blame the fucking bike when that bike is winning GP's and leading nationals........are fucking clueless! It is the bike to some extent..........but it's the SETUP of the bike! You can take the best bike on the planet and make it feel like shit if you don't know what you are doing.

BTW.....Stewart won't win a title next year , or the year after , or the year after that. In fact........I'll go out on a limb here and say right now.....he won't make it past RD #6 before he wads his brains out and ends his season.

Remember....it's a 50/50 split with him even finishing a season. fastest "In control" riders out there today are RV , RD and Reed.......fastest "Human lawn dart" = Stewart.

Post a reply to: stewart 2012

The Latest