#7 RAW episode TWO

5/11/2019 9:13am
He is number 2 for SX/MX all time wins
2nd in SX, 5th in MX, not 2nd O/A.
downard254 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/05/11/346248/s1200_1FE8876B_4DD9_4218_A71C_D264ECFA32B2.jpg[/img]

I stand corrected. I was only looking at the premiere class, since most people don`t count lites/125 regionals. Damn, you would have thought that he would have more titles....... I thought he was faster than that Carmichael guy??
mxb2
5/11/2019 9:18am
He is number 2 for SX/MX all time wins
downard254 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/05/11/346248/s1200_1FE8876B_4DD9_4218_A71C_D264ECFA32B2.jpg[/img]

Post titles.
5/12/2019 2:10pm
downard254 wrote:

I stand corrected. I was only looking at the premiere class, since most people don`t count lites/125 regionals. Damn, you would have thought that he would...
I stand corrected. I was only looking at the premiere class, since most people don`t count lites/125 regionals. Damn, you would have thought that he would have more titles....... I thought he was faster than that Carmichael guy??
I'm with you. I would assume most people would only view big bike stats. When they mention all time wins on TV, it's for whatever class they're referring to.

The Shop

JM485
5/12/2019 2:53pm
Pretty sad to me that one of the best ever feels so horribly about riding and motocross in general. Maybe it’s time to look in the mirror and realize we should stop ruining childhoods and placing obscene pressure on kids to perform so companies can take advantage of them and make money off of them. It’s kind of sick really, look at what it’s did to Forkner and Sexton’s relationship, is that really what we want this sport to be about?
stonerb
5/12/2019 3:11pm
downard254 wrote:

I stand corrected. I was only looking at the premiere class, since most people don`t count lites/125 regionals. Damn, you would have thought that he would...
I'm with you. I would assume most people would only view big bike stats. When they mention all time wins on TV, it's for whatever class...
I'm with you. I would assume most people would only view big bike stats. When they mention all time wins on TV, it's for whatever class they're referring to.
125/250MX is not a regional championship, that’s why those wins count.
ProKawi24
5/12/2019 6:32pm
I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for James. He has done so much for this sport and not only has provided us with so much entertainment but has inspired so many young kids and people in general. Forget about being black/African American.... I'm a white man and as a kid I used to marvel at his ability and speed. I didn't think twice about him being black. He was just a dude who raced a motocross bike in a way I'd never seen before. What made it even cooler was that he rode a Kawi, and me being a life-long diehard Kawi guy that was incredible.

I can absolutely understand his attitude towards MX now. When I was racing, I went into home school and did nothing but practice, train, work out, run miles, practice, super strict diet, etc. My life and my family's life revolved around MX. After I had my accident that left me in a wheelchair, I was in a way...relieved. I could finally eat what I wanted, hang out with friends, relax on weekends, etc. Don't get me wrong, I loved racing and would give anything to go back and do it again. My point is...after so many years of him doing nothing but race, practice, train, suffer injury, etc. everything that goes into being or trying to be the best in the world....I don't blame him for wanting to finally step away completely and totally abandon it. He deserves it. James deserves to sit back and enjoy his family, his kids, and I don't feel like he "owes" us fans anything. I don't feel like he "owes" me anything. He gave plenty.

I hated MX for a few years after my accident, but then that wore off. I came back to the sport I truly loved and accepted everything that happened. James even talks about the current riders and races so he clearly watches the races and cares about the sport. He's just burnt out on riding right now and I'm sure every time he gets on a bike he feels obligated to be the James he used to be and everyone wants. The day will come when he no longer feels that though. When he can get on a bike and just be a retired ex-pro who nobody expects to be the fastest in the world including himself. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him actually running some 125 races against villo and maybe dungy in a few years. When James can accept the fact that he isn't expected to be the James of old, then I believe we will see him out riding and having fun again.
Crush
5/12/2019 6:51pm
I'm with you. I would assume most people would only view big bike stats. When they mention all time wins on TV, it's for whatever class...
It shouldn't be. All time wins should include all major series titles, (AMA/FIM) across anything but the two regional titles.

Hence RC is a 15-time champ (vs 16), RV 9 (vs 10), Jeremy 8-Time (vs 10), Dungey 7 (not 8), James 5 (not 7), Chad 3 not 4 etc...
Neverclear
5/12/2019 8:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2019 8:09pm
Ranman68 wrote:
Well now you have me realizing I might be wrong. Stewart won it in 07 and 09 but Carmichael was only part time in 07, so...
Well now you have me realizing I might be wrong. Stewart won it in 07 and 09 but Carmichael was only part time in 07, so I guess he didn't beat Carmichael straight up for a sx title. It seems like in 06 one of them won the hq world sx title (or something like that) and the other won the ama sx title. I'll look into that. I could be wrong on it, but I think I wasnt correct saying Stewart edged him out for an sx title. Or as far as an ama sx title. Shit I need to research it I guess.
NateDawg wrote:
Stewart won the Amp'd Mobile World Supercross title in 06 and Carmichael won the 2006 AMA Supercross title. However, James only won the world title because...
Stewart won the Amp'd Mobile World Supercross title in 06 and Carmichael won the 2006 AMA Supercross title. However, James only won the world title because it didn't include the Daytona race, which RC won and Stewart wadded it up. If they counted every race RC would've won both titles.
Ranman68 wrote:
There ya go. I was pretty sure it was something like that. Thanks for confirming and clarifying.
Didn't the "World SX" title include a Canadian SX or some other round outside of the US that RC didn't even bother to attend?
I'm with you guys on a bit of history re-writing going on. I watched both of their careers from start to finish, and James rarely beat RC straight up. Powdered doughnuts or not.

He was unreal on the 125, and fast as hell in the main class. But as Ricky would always say....Scoreboard
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
5/12/2019 9:10pm
I’d love to the see that shot. No sense in hiding it away, that’s what photography is all about if we’re talking about it as an...
I’d love to the see that shot. No sense in hiding it away, that’s what photography is all about if we’re talking about it as an art: displaying true emotion frozen in a moment in time.
motogrady wrote:
I've been meaning to go thru all that stuff for awhile 112. I think it's in a minicam/camera that I got full of dust. I find...
I've been meaning to go thru all that stuff for awhile 112. I think it's in a minicam/camera that I got full of dust. I find it I'll pm it to u.
Pm it to me!
Ranman68
5/12/2019 9:44pm
NateDawg wrote:
Stewart won the Amp'd Mobile World Supercross title in 06 and Carmichael won the 2006 AMA Supercross title. However, James only won the world title because...
Stewart won the Amp'd Mobile World Supercross title in 06 and Carmichael won the 2006 AMA Supercross title. However, James only won the world title because it didn't include the Daytona race, which RC won and Stewart wadded it up. If they counted every race RC would've won both titles.
Ranman68 wrote:
There ya go. I was pretty sure it was something like that. Thanks for confirming and clarifying.
Neverclear wrote:
Didn't the "World SX" title include a Canadian SX or some other round outside of the US that RC didn't even bother to attend? I'm with...
Didn't the "World SX" title include a Canadian SX or some other round outside of the US that RC didn't even bother to attend?
I'm with you guys on a bit of history re-writing going on. I watched both of their careers from start to finish, and James rarely beat RC straight up. Powdered doughnuts or not.

He was unreal on the 125, and fast as hell in the main class. But as Ricky would always say....Scoreboard
Yeah I think there was a Toronto sx and maybe one other that was part of that "world" sx title. I don't have much respect after watching these interviews.The way he refused to show due respect to Carmichael and the way he never aknowleges being beaten straight up. RC kicked Stewart's ass major, but RC is cool and downplays it. Stewart literally says every loss of his to Carmichael was because of an inferior bike, illness, or other thing. He's full of shit and an excuse maker. Stewart was still in his prime and as able as ever when RV came along. RV kicked Stewart's ass even worse than Carmichael did. In supercross he beat Stewart at least 80-90 percent of the time, and outdoors he just smoked Stewart's ass and it was never even close. I wish I hadn't seen these interviews. I thought more highly of him before I saw them. Like you said, "scoreboard". Stewart was far from being as good as RC, RD, or RV. He had his moments of brilliance and speed, but he is overrated and overhyped in my opinion.
JM485
5/12/2019 9:56pm
Ranman68 wrote:
Yeah I think there was a Toronto sx and maybe one other that was part of that "world" sx title. I don't have much respect after...
Yeah I think there was a Toronto sx and maybe one other that was part of that "world" sx title. I don't have much respect after watching these interviews.The way he refused to show due respect to Carmichael and the way he never aknowleges being beaten straight up. RC kicked Stewart's ass major, but RC is cool and downplays it. Stewart literally says every loss of his to Carmichael was because of an inferior bike, illness, or other thing. He's full of shit and an excuse maker. Stewart was still in his prime and as able as ever when RV came along. RV kicked Stewart's ass even worse than Carmichael did. In supercross he beat Stewart at least 80-90 percent of the time, and outdoors he just smoked Stewart's ass and it was never even close. I wish I hadn't seen these interviews. I thought more highly of him before I saw them. Like you said, "scoreboard". Stewart was far from being as good as RC, RD, or RV. He had his moments of brilliance and speed, but he is overrated and overhyped in my opinion.
Did we watch the same career or are you living in some kind of alternate universe over there?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
5/12/2019 10:00pm
Not trying to be the get off my lawn guy, but the criticism of these interviews James is putting out is no different than what he dealt with when he was racing and crashed. " He should have done this, he should have said that."

James is telling it like he sees it, and that's fine. I'm just glad he's sharing what he feel's/felt growing up and going through his career. The struggles with poverty, the blatant racism his family endured, and why he is bitter and jaded at the moment towards the sport.

Bring on part three.
Ranman68
5/12/2019 11:30pm
Ranman68 wrote:
Yeah I think there was a Toronto sx and maybe one other that was part of that "world" sx title. I don't have much respect after...
JM485 wrote:
Did we watch the same career or are you living in some kind of alternate universe over there?
No. We watched the same guy. Stewart never won a title of any kind indoors or out while RC was racing full time or when RV was racing. Those two kicked his ass. The only thing Stewart won was the "World" sx title which RC wasn't after. Stewart was no match for RC outdoors, and no match for RV indoors or out. He got some wins here and there, but got beat by those two far more than he ever beat them. If you dispute what I'm saying, tell me why and provide some stats instead of some "alternate universe" shit.
Sully
5/12/2019 11:41pm
Ranman68 wrote:
No. We watched the same guy. Stewart never won a title of any kind indoors or out while RC was racing full time or when RV...
No. We watched the same guy. Stewart never won a title of any kind indoors or out while RC was racing full time or when RV was racing. Those two kicked his ass. The only thing Stewart won was the "World" sx title which RC wasn't after. Stewart was no match for RC outdoors, and no match for RV indoors or out. He got some wins here and there, but got beat by those two far more than he ever beat them. If you dispute what I'm saying, tell me why and provide some stats instead of some "alternate universe" shit.
You sound like you take this shit way too seriously. It's only dirt bike racing.
Ranman68
5/13/2019 1:20am
Ranman68 wrote:
No. We watched the same guy. Stewart never won a title of any kind indoors or out while RC was racing full time or when RV...
Sully wrote:
You sound like you take this shit way too seriously. It's only dirt bike racing.
You're actually right. I do need to chill.
5/13/2019 3:14am
Ranman68 wrote:
Well now you have me realizing I might be wrong. Stewart won it in 07 and 09 but Carmichael was only part time in 07, so...
Well now you have me realizing I might be wrong. Stewart won it in 07 and 09 but Carmichael was only part time in 07, so I guess he didn't beat Carmichael straight up for a sx title. It seems like in 06 one of them won the hq world sx title (or something like that) and the other won the ama sx title. I'll look into that. I could be wrong on it, but I think I wasnt correct saying Stewart edged him out for an sx title. Or as far as an ama sx title. Shit I need to research it I guess.
NateDawg wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
well,JS7 would have won the 2006 AMA title also(he lost it with 2 points),if AMA had penaldised RC after being caught with illegal fuel,wouldn't he...
robkinuk
5/13/2019 3:18am
After listening to all that moaning about how James hated racing, I feel his fans need to apologise to him for keeping him off the couch for such a long time. Did he hate checking his bank balance, driving all those super cars as well?
5/13/2019 6:11am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2019 6:23am
drt410 wrote:
“I beat Ricky off powdered donuts and sugar water” NBD just talking about how he beat the greatest of all time after eating donuts lol... this...
“I beat Ricky off powdered donuts and sugar water” NBD just talking about how he beat the greatest of all time after eating donuts lol... this is gold
Yeah, how many titles did he beat RC? It shows his arrogance. I feel sorry for the guy.
5/13/2019 6:46am
motogrady wrote:
At Budds the year he went perfect on the 125, which by the way was poetry in motion, I got a glimpse. It's between motos, at...
At Budds the year he went perfect on the 125, which by the way was poetry in motion, I got a glimpse.

It's between motos, at the Stewart motor home. Big James is holding court with a slew of mini dads, telling them how they made it. The crowd hanging around is all buzzing, high on just what they had witnessed. Like they were part of it or something. The announcer is going on and on over the loudspeaker on what a great exhibition of riding skill we just witnessed blah blah blah.

Its like a mini festival or something.

And then there's James.

He's sitting on the step of the motor home, in the doorway. Still in dirt caked gear. Head almost between his knees, staring at the ground.

Half heartedly I raise the Nikon. Just as I take the shot he looks up, directly into the camera.

I tell u guys, what came thru the viewfinder when I checked it later on confirmed the feeling I had when I took the shot. The look on his face...... I dunno.
It was that forlorn animal caged at the zoo, mixed with the guy disgusted with his crappy job at work.

I remember thinking, that's success?

Still feel guilty for taking that shot. Never downloaded it. Left it on a SIM card that's sitting in a drawer somewhere, where it belongs.
Wow...just wow. That got to me. Thanks for sharing that. Most of us will never know what these guys go through. It's okay to rest JS7... you've earned it.
Ranman68
5/13/2019 6:53am
NateDawg wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
well,JS7 would have won the 2006 AMA title also(he lost it with 2 points),if AMA had penaldised RC after being caught with illegal fuel,wouldn't he...
He was penalized. 25 points. His fuel was barely illegal. It wasn't his fault and it did not make the bike any faster whatsoever. That was just a huge, lucky break for Stewart really, because the results in that race would have been the same if Carmichael's fuel hadn't accidentally had a tiny bit of extra lead in it.
That's why even Stewart doesn't bring it up. He knows it wasn't fair and he just got 25 free points. The only reason I'm taking the time to say all this in this thread is because Stewart is showing Carmichael no respect at all and giving nothing but excuses. I thought Stewart was better than that.
Ray_MXS
5/13/2019 6:54am
Y´all are pretty damn dumb.

So many moments and periods of his career that he hated was because of the ridicoulus expectations put on his shoulders by the fans, and by himself. He just wasnt allowed to not win, or the mob would go crazy on him.

And now you can´t even let the poor man retire in peace.

Its a sad sad story. We all sat there cheering and watching him race. Laughing and thinking it was so awesome and amazing and all the while he was just hurting. I´m sure he had fun along the way too, at least I really hope so.
mxb2
5/13/2019 8:39am
Ranman68 wrote:
Sully wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
Chill.for what, you posted facts.
5/13/2019 8:44am
NateDawg wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
Well, if my aunt had nuts, she would be my uncle! Coulda, woulda, shoulda.......
Ranman68
5/13/2019 9:40am
Sully wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Chill.for what, you posted facts.
Thanks man. Oh I stand behind the facts I posted and everything I said. All I was conceding to was that I get too wound up sometimes or put more work into getting my point across to certain people than it's worth. It's just overkill. My views are still the same on the subject. Stewart loved racing as long as he was winning or still could win. RC took half the fun away and RV snuffed out the rest. Stewart may have been poor and had some tough times and pressure to win when he was young,, but so did RV and a gazillion other riders and athletes. Nevertheless, the opportunities this badass nation provides allowed him to be a multi millionaire at a very young age. Huge money, fame, huge number of people treating him like a God, people kissing his ass daily, exotic cars, hot women, a lot of land, and his own reality TV show. Now he's a young man who will never have to work a day in his life while still living in luxury. In these interviews he acts like it was nothing but slave-like misery. The truth is that very few will ever have the opportunities he had or a luxurious, cush life from a young age on. Then topped it off with "I beat Carmichael on powdered donuts and sugar water". Good God. I'll get a bunch of thumbs down from butthurt Stewart fans for saying it, but I don't care. He's full of excuses, lacks gratitude, and delusional in thinking he was better than Carmichael. Thiings he says in these interviews are disappointing. Not all, but a lot. I do respect his dedication to fatherhood and devotion to family, etc. Thats about it
5/13/2019 10:56am
Ranman68 wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
He was penalized. 25 points. His fuel was barely illegal. It wasn't his fault and it did not make the bike any faster whatsoever. That was...
He was penalized. 25 points. His fuel was barely illegal. It wasn't his fault and it did not make the bike any faster whatsoever. That was just a huge, lucky break for Stewart really, because the results in that race would have been the same if Carmichael's fuel hadn't accidentally had a tiny bit of extra lead in it.
That's why even Stewart doesn't bring it up. He knows it wasn't fair and he just got 25 free points. The only reason I'm taking the time to say all this in this thread is because Stewart is showing Carmichael no respect at all and giving nothing but excuses. I thought Stewart was better than that.
Yeap,i was wrong on this.I checked the vault and RC was indeed penaldised with 25 points for this in san diego sx.I was under the impression though that either suzuki or RC personally threatened AMA to leave the championship if they were punished(which they didn't eventually)or am i wrong on this also.Sorry to hijack the thread
Ranman68
5/13/2019 11:46am
Ranman68 wrote:
He was penalized. 25 points. His fuel was barely illegal. It wasn't his fault and it did not make the bike any faster whatsoever. That was...
Yeap,i was wrong on this.I checked the vault and RC was indeed penaldised with 25 points for this in san diego sx.I was under the impression...
Yeap,i was wrong on this.I checked the vault and RC was indeed penaldised with 25 points for this in san diego sx.I was under the impression though that either suzuki or RC personally threatened AMA to leave the championship if they were punished(which they didn't eventually)or am i wrong on this also.Sorry to hijack the thread
Hey man you don't have to apologize. You're man enough to see when you are wrong on something and man enough to admit it. I respect that. Everybody is wrong about something at some point.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
5/13/2019 11:53am
NateDawg wrote:
Ranman68 wrote:
Neverclear wrote:
Didn't the "World SX" title include a Canadian SX or some other round outside of the US that RC didn't even bother to attend? I'm with...

There was a round in Vancouver and RC4 was definitely there.
tingo
5/13/2019 12:01pm
Ranman68 wrote:
Yeap,i was wrong on this.I checked the vault and RC was indeed penaldised with 25 points for this in san diego sx.I was under the impression...
Ranman68 wrote:
Hey man you don't have to apologize. You're man enough to see when you are wrong on something and man enough to admit it. I respect...
Hey man you don't have to apologize. You're man enough to see when you are wrong on something and man enough to admit it. I respect that. Everybody is wrong about something at some point.
Ricky got his 25 points back and the team had to pay $20k. He won the championship by two points.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
5/13/2019 12:04pm
Ranman68 wrote:
Hey man you don't have to apologize. You're man enough to see when you are wrong on something and man enough to admit it. I respect...
tingo wrote:
Ricky got his 25 points back and the team had to pay $20k. He won the championship by two points.
I thought he cheated his way to that title.

Post a reply to: #7 RAW episode TWO

The Latest