so whats next for Adam Cianciarulo?

10/20/2011 1:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:52pm
B class? A class? schoolboy? 125s? 250s? 450s?
he is still a small kid.
will we see another straight from the B class prodigy?
|
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
10/20/2011 1:43pm
With his size I would think a year in schoolboy on a 125 before moving to A class for a year.
MXMattii
10/20/2011 1:48pm
If I was Monster Energy or Mitch Payton or Kawasaki I did the following thing:
I would combine the European Championship 125cc and Loretta Schoolboy on a 125cc.
Why the EK125cc?? Because it has a LIVE Coverage and Cianciarulo would gain allot of publicity there!
He would also ride on tracks he doesn't know and against riders he doesn't know... If he stays in America he rides on tracks he knows against riders he kicked ass on the Supermini...
bish153
10/20/2011 1:53pm
I would assume schoolboy and b, I’m kind of curious how his career will go. As much as the kid has going for him there are a few things he has against him. 1-size, prob not that big of a issue yet, he could very well hit a growth spurt. 2. Being to dominant, this kid really hasn’t had his ass kicked very much at all, and it will happen. When he moves up, there are a lot of kids in the b class, and they are all hauling ass right now. I’m curious how he handles a few losses. 3. His age, he has been on a mini for a long time, this did not work out well for Shimp or Buckelew. As long as him and his program (which he has the best available) take their time and don’t rush the kid he should do fine. I would not expect to see this kid go pro till 18 or 19. Adam has some serious talent though and will probably due great things. Good Luck
peelout
10/20/2011 1:54pm
Ciancarulico did good at the monster cup, especially for being such a high number.

butterballs tells me he will be on 125 two stroke techs because he isn't quite good enough for the faster heavy four strokes. maybe he got sponcered though

The Shop

disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
10/20/2011 2:01pm
I think he should get a regular job like the rest of us.
Nicknku
10/20/2011 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2011 2:22pm
bish153 wrote:
I would assume schoolboy and b, I’m kind of curious how his career will go. As much as the kid has going for him there are...
I would assume schoolboy and b, I’m kind of curious how his career will go. As much as the kid has going for him there are a few things he has against him. 1-size, prob not that big of a issue yet, he could very well hit a growth spurt. 2. Being to dominant, this kid really hasn’t had his ass kicked very much at all, and it will happen. When he moves up, there are a lot of kids in the b class, and they are all hauling ass right now. I’m curious how he handles a few losses. 3. His age, he has been on a mini for a long time, this did not work out well for Shimp or Buckelew. As long as him and his program (which he has the best available) take their time and don’t rush the kid he should do fine. I would not expect to see this kid go pro till 18 or 19. Adam has some serious talent though and will probably due great things. Good Luck
Pretty sure he is turning pro at 16... Didn't he just sign a 5 year deal with PC for two more years as an am and then supposedly 3 years in the lites?
10/20/2011 2:11pm
bish153 wrote:
I would assume schoolboy and b, I’m kind of curious how his career will go. As much as the kid has going for him there are...
Nicknku wrote:
Pretty sure he is turning pro at 16... Didn't he just sign a 5 year deal with PC for two more years as an am and...
Pretty sure he is turning pro at 16... Didn't he just sign a 5 year deal with PC for two more years as an am and then supposedly 3 years in the lites?
He says 125s "sometime next year". We probably won't see him racing a big bike till after LL next year.
RaceFace
10/20/2011 2:19pm
B class? A class? schoolboy? 125s? 250s? 450s?
he is still a small kid.
will we see another straight from the B class prodigy?
Seeing as he was 6 seconds a lap off of top Pros on 450s.....on a SX syle track.......on a Supermini? I really hope he doesn't go and ride the B class.

Prodigy is the case. Name the others who had a deal like this in place on their 15th birthday. Wait, did Ricky or RV even have a deal with Pro CIrcuit like this while still racing Superminis?
mccread
10/20/2011 2:23pm
Herlings rode the MXDN days after he turned 15 in 09 and beat Rattray in the qualifer. Roczen ran at the front of the GPs as soon as he turned 15 as well and he was small.

I would like to see AC race GPs the same as them when he turns fifteen, he seems a pretty special talent, so it would be interesting to see if he could have the success they did when they turned 15. I think he would turn some heads, then go race sx at 16.
smc916
10/20/2011 2:24pm
On Pulp last week he said he'd be on the Super Mini through the Mini O's.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
1860th
10/20/2011 2:26pm
He already is riding (practicing) on a 125, he twittered a pic about 6 weeks ago. Schoolboy next year I believe.
DrSweden
10/20/2011 2:32pm
peelout wrote:
Ciancarulico did good at the monster cup, especially for being such a high number. butterballs tells me he will be on 125 two stroke techs because...
Ciancarulico did good at the monster cup, especially for being such a high number.

butterballs tells me he will be on 125 two stroke techs because he isn't quite good enough for the faster heavy four strokes. maybe he got sponcered though
WTF? I ride a four stroke and I have girl speed. You suggesting I need to step down a class? Smile
redalert144
Fantasy
3058th
10/20/2011 2:43pm
mccread wrote:
Herlings rode the MXDN days after he turned 15 in 09 and beat Rattray in the qualifer. Roczen ran at the front of the GPs as...
Herlings rode the MXDN days after he turned 15 in 09 and beat Rattray in the qualifer. Roczen ran at the front of the GPs as soon as he turned 15 as well and he was small.

I would like to see AC race GPs the same as them when he turns fifteen, he seems a pretty special talent, so it would be interesting to see if he could have the success they did when they turned 15. I think he would turn some heads, then go race sx at 16.
Those guys were a heck of a lot bigger than AC, give the kid some time to grow he's only like 105lbs or like 47kg for you
Overdrive
10/20/2011 3:26pm
stella17 wrote:
WHO CARES?
The people responding in this thread care or else they wouldn't have responded. What makes you so High and Mighty to think that anyone cares that you don't care? I for one don't care that you don't care, so take your uncaring elsewhere. Wink
MXMattii
10/20/2011 3:27pm
mccread wrote:
Herlings rode the MXDN days after he turned 15 in 09 and beat Rattray in the qualifer. Roczen ran at the front of the GPs as...

Those guys were a heck of a lot bigger than AC, give the kid some time to grow he's only like 105lbs or like 47kg for...
Those guys were a heck of a lot bigger than AC, give the kid some time to grow he's only like 105lbs or like 47kg for you
I say it again ... If I was Adam I would try to combine the important American Races (Loretta, Mini O's, ...) with the European 125 Championship!

This is the provisional calendar of 2012:

22 April SPAIN La Bañeza
29 April PORTUGAL Agueda
29 July BELGIUM Tba
19 August GREAT BRITAIN Matterly Basin
09 September EUROPE (F) Ernée
07 October BULGARIA Sevlievo

Off course this is provisional the real dates will be announced pretty soon... but these tracks are a real challenge and will make him better.
EastFlorida
10/20/2011 3:42pm
mccread wrote:

Those guys were a heck of a lot bigger than AC, give the kid some time to grow he's only like 105lbs or like 47kg for...
MXMattii wrote:
I say it again ... If I was Adam I would try to combine the important American Races (Loretta, Mini O's, ...) with the European 125...
I say it again ... If I was Adam I would try to combine the important American Races (Loretta, Mini O's, ...) with the European 125 Championship!

22 April SPAIN La Bañeza
29 April PORTUGAL Agueda
29 July BELGIUM Tba

Off course this is provisional the real dates will be announced pretty soon... but these tracks are a real challenge and will make him better.
I think it would be fantastic to see him go this route, but I seriously doubt it would ever happen...
MXMattii
10/20/2011 3:49pm
MXMattii wrote:
I say it again ... If I was Adam I would try to combine the important American Races (Loretta, Mini O's, ...) with the European 125...

22 April SPAIN La Bañeza
29 April PORTUGAL Agueda
29 July BELGIUM Tba

I think it would be fantastic to see him go this route, but I seriously doubt it would ever happen...
Don't think it also... But I think he would gain allot with it. I think it was Mike Brown who said: My corner speed improved 300% in Europe it is incredible how does guys take corners! The tracks are not that much different anymore but they are still different and everything you have under you belt will help you later on!
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
10/20/2011 3:54pm
mccread wrote:

MXMattii wrote:

22 April SPAIN La Bañeza
29 April PORTUGAL Agueda
29 July BELGIUM Tba

It would be intersting and unconventional if he did. Which I think would be cool. I am curious as to what Mitch would say about that? Would that be considered a loss or a gain for PC as far as exposure goes?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/20/2011 3:57pm
mccread wrote:

MXMattii wrote:

22 April SPAIN La Bañeza
29 April PORTUGAL Agueda
29 July BELGIUM Tba

That schedule conflicts with ponca city and possibly lorreta Lynn's I believe
MXMattii
10/20/2011 4:09pm
MXMattii wrote:

22 April SPAIN La Bañeza
29 April PORTUGAL Agueda
29 July BELGIUM Tba

ML512 wrote:
That schedule isn't the real because that was the schedule without the Russian Grand Prix and stuff like that ...
@Mr.Ted I think that some Moto Journalist need to ask that question!! Mitch has a good team running in Europe so!!
cpj36
10/20/2011 4:12pm
mccread wrote:

Smaller than who, other 15 year olds?

When he was 12 nobody in the US thought he was really 12, the comparison that used to come to mind was Ivan Drago from Rocky.

I don't think AC is as big now as Ken was then.
10/20/2011 4:20pm
Europe, while very compelling for the fans, is definitely a bad idea. Probably not in AC's best interest to risk a career-ender getting taken out by some insecure, jealous Euro-spode who hates this good kid just because he's from the US.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/20/2011 4:23pm
MXMattii wrote:

22 April SPAIN La Bañeza
29 April PORTUGAL Agueda
29 July BELGIUM Tba

ML512 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
That schedule isn't the real because that was the schedule without the Russian Grand Prix and stuff like that ... @Mr.Ted I think that some Moto...
That schedule isn't the real because that was the schedule without the Russian Grand Prix and stuff like that ...
@Mr.Ted I think that some Moto Journalist need to ask that question!! Mitch has a good team running in Europe so!!
If the schedule had any round towards the end of July to early August it would conflict with ponca and LL.
MXMattii
10/20/2011 4:33pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2011 4:34pm
ML512 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
That schedule isn't the real because that was the schedule without the Russian Grand Prix and stuff like that ... @Mr.Ted I think that some Moto...
ML512 wrote:
If the schedule had any round towards the end of July to early August it would conflict with ponca and LL.
But I'm not sure because I don't follow the American Youth Ranks as close as you guys but in Ponca and Loretta doesn't he there meet guys he owned for many years in the supermini's?? At the European 125 Series he compete with guys he doesn't know and that on Grand Prix tracks...

Bye the way it is possible to ride Loretta I think ... Ponca not...
Trent179
10/20/2011 4:36pm
I can't wait for AC to turn pro. Very well spoken likeable kid! AC's amateur career and hype reminds me a lot of Mike Alessi's though. Cooper Webb is a little in the shadow like RV was back then. I think both of those kids are going to be superstars and am glad we have them to look forward to.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/20/2011 4:42pm
MXMattii wrote:
ML512 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
But I'm not sure because I don't follow the American Youth Ranks as close as you guys but in Ponca and Loretta doesn't he there meet...
But I'm not sure because I don't follow the American Youth Ranks as close as you guys but in Ponca and Loretta doesn't he there meet guys he owned for many years in the supermini's?? At the European 125 Series he compete with guys he doesn't know and that on Grand Prix tracks...

Bye the way it is possible to ride Loretta I think ... Ponca not...
Those are arguably the most two important nationals of the year here, his sponsors wouldn't be too pumped if he skipped it for that....
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
10/20/2011 4:56pm
JustMX
10/20/2011 5:00pm
A couple of observations.

Wasn't it AC's dad that was pitching a fit when the AMA passed a rule raising the minimum age?

He was making plans to head to Europe when AC turned 16.

I would say that with the rule being changed back to 16 we will see him make his pro debute soon after his 16th b-day.

I don't really understand why all the hype about him. He is no RC. He is no JS. Heck, he isn't even MA.

Don't get me wrong. He has skills, and is well spoken. However, the truth is that Cooper Webb and Jordon Smith both beat him in heads up racing at LL's this year.

I think those 3 will tighten up as they make the transition to big bikes, and I am going to predict that Smith will actually do the best of the 3.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
10/20/2011 5:01pm
MXMattii wrote:

22 April SPAIN La Bañeza
29 April PORTUGAL Agueda
29 July BELGIUM Tba

MXMattii wrote:
Don't think it also... But I think he would gain allot with it. I think it was Mike Brown who said: My corner speed improved 300%...
Don't think it also... But I think he would gain allot with it. I think it was Mike Brown who said: My corner speed improved 300% in Europe it is incredible how does guys take corners! The tracks are not that much different anymore but they are still different and everything you have under you belt will help you later on!
Brownie was in Europe a decade ago, and SX is where guys are developing corner speed now.

Would running the Euro series disqualify him for US Amateurs? Also, I don't think his sponsors have much to sell to that audience for those bikes. I am sure PC will still port a KX cylinder for you, but is anyone racing five year old Kawi 125's

Post a reply to: so whats next for Adam Cianciarulo?

The Latest