so if this post gets yanked it pretty

Foster576
6/9/2008 12:36pm
Spinner wrote:
Can anyone explain to me how ANY of this is any of our business?
x2
SEEMEFIRST
6/9/2008 12:38pm
Spinner wrote:
Because I won't support a sponsor who has idiots for ambassadors.

How's that? When we have guys acting a fool on or off the track at our track, the sponsors hear about it, things either change, or sponsorship is lost.
Spinner
6/9/2008 12:43pm
Spinner wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Because I won't support a sponsor who has idiots for ambassadors. How's that? When we have guys acting a fool on or off the track at...
Because I won't support a sponsor who has idiots for ambassadors.

How's that? When we have guys acting a fool on or off the track at our track, the sponsors hear about it, things either change, or sponsorship is lost.
But shouldn't THEIR sponsors/teams deal with it?
It really is none of our business. Just like riders' salaries and personal lives that get thrown around here so often.
sc961
6/9/2008 12:49pm
Spinner wrote:
But shouldn't THEIR sponsors/teams deal with it? It really is none of our business. Just like riders' salaries and personal lives that get thrown around here...
But shouldn't THEIR sponsors/teams deal with it?
It really is none of our business. Just like riders' salaries and personal lives that get thrown around here so often.
C'mon Spinner, if we left all the stuff off Vital that was none of our business how much would be left?

The Shop

newmann
6/9/2008 12:51pm
Spinner wrote:
Well somebody has put an awful lot of financial responsibility out there on the line and most likely expects something in return. And much of that return would come from the mx buying public. That would concern "us". Having a knucklehead representing you normally wouldn't be considered good business practices. Of course most people seeing nothing wrong with JLaw probably don't have a million plus dollars out on the road every week gambling on an idiot who just so happens to be able to ride a dirt bike. The kid can ride, although he did a poor job of it yesterday. The only time he would have had a chance to show anything to Villo OR Dungey yesterday was when he was getting lapped. But he pulled off before that happened I guess.
Mutt
6/9/2008 1:42pm
Oh, the drama.
CamP
6/9/2008 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2008 2:33pm
When a guy like JL whips his drunk pecker out in front of a bunch of kids and takes a piss, that sends the message to the kids that it's okay to act like a jackass, especially when the powers that be do nothing about it.
SEEMEFIRST
6/9/2008 2:39pm
I was going to bring that up as well, but while I was at the band party I did not witness the drunk act. That, and folks believe what they want to believe. He's lucky he didn't get his ass kicked by a pissed off Daddy.
Mutt
6/9/2008 3:09pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I was going to bring that up as well, but while I was at the band party I did not witness the drunk act. That, and...
I was going to bring that up as well, but while I was at the band party I did not witness the drunk act. That, and folks believe what they want to believe. He's lucky he didn't get his ass kicked by a pissed off Daddy.
Yes.
todder
6/9/2008 3:17pm
Next year Jason Lawrence #338 riding the Maaco sponsored KTM.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
6/9/2008 3:18pm
CamP wrote:
When a guy like JL whips his drunk pecker out in front of a bunch of kids and takes a piss, that sends the message to...
When a guy like JL whips his drunk pecker out in front of a bunch of kids and takes a piss, that sends the message to the kids that it's okay to act like a jackass, especially when the powers that be do nothing about it.
Did you see it? He proabably was turned facing a tree or something. When we were kids out partying by the fire in the woods, there was way crazier stuff than that going on, Did he piss in someones livingroom? He's not a sunday school teacher, he rides moto, cut him some slack.
todder
6/9/2008 3:20pm
CamP wrote:
When a guy like JL whips his drunk pecker out in front of a bunch of kids and takes a piss, that sends the message to...
Crash82 wrote:
Did you see it? He proabably was turned facing a tree or something. When we were kids out partying by the fire in the woods, there...
Did you see it? He proabably was turned facing a tree or something. When we were kids out partying by the fire in the woods, there was way crazier stuff than that going on, Did he piss in someones livingroom? He's not a sunday school teacher, he rides moto, cut him some slack.
Yes please cut his drunk pecker some slack.
DPW
6/9/2008 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2008 11:53am
more gossip/internet talk....
akmx17
6/9/2008 3:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2008 3:26pm
volcati wrote:
With instant news today...it's a whole different ball game. It will certainly effect any new contracts either of them have coming up. Sponsors can't afford to...
With instant news today...it's a whole different ball game. It will certainly effect any new contracts either of them have coming up. Sponsors can't afford to have professionals who don't give a shit. They better become superstars...that's the only thing that protects from fans despising a rider and also hating their product.
Huckster wrote:
That's BS.....Lawrence is the West Coast Lites Champion and Hill won a SX main event. That's all that matters. Both these kids know that they are...
That's BS.....Lawrence is the West Coast Lites Champion and Hill won a SX main event. That's all that matters. Both these kids know that they are marketable with just those accomplishments on their resume no matter how they do outdoors. No one, and that includes sponsors, gives a crap about the outdoors anymore and these kids know the game and are playing it. Don't hate the players, hate the game and right now the game is SX. It's what gets the exposure and brings in the sponsors. I surely will eat my words if neither of them has a ride next year, but I cannot see this happening because of the insecurity of the industry and teams. They all want the guy who can win, and Lawrence and Hill have proven that. Not ever team can sign Stewart or Viilopoto so there will be a spot for both of them when the music stops, regardless of how they act. Some would even argue that it does wonders for their image with the 16-24 demographic that most of the sponsors are looking to capture.
Have you seen half the pro skiers and snowboarders?

They all smoke so much pot its amazing.

Tanner Hall was even on a show that showed him smoking pot talking about how much he did it and such.

Sponsors could care less.
The kid gets paid millions and is a not just a National icon like most Motocross racers but is a WORLD Icon.
BobbyM
6/9/2008 3:23pm
it is really none of our business now is it? nothing is really...cept you and yours. LMAFAO
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
6/9/2008 3:25pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
They're lucky those Texas cops didn't take a rubber hose to them. A smart-assed kid from New Jersey rolling a rent car in Fairfield, TX is...
They're lucky those Texas cops didn't take a rubber hose to them. A smart-assed kid from New Jersey rolling a rent car in Fairfield, TX is grounds for a cattle prod test.
Crash82 wrote:
Lucky it wasn't in Tennessee...or south carolina or where ever

mx317 wrote:
Somewhere like Tennessee? Crash you're from Alabama where they invented the toothbrush. If they had invented it elsewere, it would have been a teethbrush.
LOL, sometimes i think i live in England it's so bad. I was an Army brat from everywhere untill 13 years old. My Mom had a 5 min hourglass, your ass brushed for a full 5 mins 2x a day. Only teeth i have missing are my wisdom teeth.
JB15
6/9/2008 5:52pm
talent is a horrible thing to waste.
wpcjs
6/9/2008 6:21pm
DPW wrote:
more gossip/internet talk....
What a bunch of whiney pricks. I am sure they were the picture of doing all thats right when they were young. Thats the e-web one guy says JLAW whipped his dick out then another guy that says he was there and it was Hill.

Shit the stuff I did at that age would make them/ Mick Jagger blush.
wildbill
6/9/2008 6:53pm
wpcjs wrote:
With everyone having a camera, phone with a camera, etc. I will believe it when I see it.
BobbyM
6/9/2008 6:54pm
Crash82 wrote:

mx317 wrote:
Somewhere like Tennessee? Crash you're from Alabama where they invented the toothbrush. If they had invented it elsewere, it would have been a teethbrush.
Crash82 wrote:
LOL, sometimes i think i live in England it's so bad. I was an Army brat from everywhere untill 13 years old. My Mom had a...
LOL, sometimes i think i live in England it's so bad. I was an Army brat from everywhere untill 13 years old. My Mom had a 5 min hourglass, your ass brushed for a full 5 mins 2x a day. Only teeth i have missing are my wisdom teeth.
crash...yer opinion means squat...seriously.
BobbyM
6/9/2008 6:54pm
Crash82 wrote:

mx317 wrote:
Crash82 wrote:
LOL, sometimes i think i live in England it's so bad. I was an Army brat from everywhere untill 13 years old. My Mom had a...
crash...yer opinion means squat...seriously.
englishman
6/9/2008 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2008 8:29pm
Crash82 wrote:
WTF does that mean ? Did you brush your ass or you held the brush in your ass while doing your teeth ??
35smom
6/9/2008 7:48pm
Spinner wrote:
newmann wrote:
Well somebody has put an awful lot of financial responsibility out there on the line and most likely expects something in return. And much of that...
Well somebody has put an awful lot of financial responsibility out there on the line and most likely expects something in return. And much of that return would come from the mx buying public. That would concern "us". Having a knucklehead representing you normally wouldn't be considered good business practices. Of course most people seeing nothing wrong with JLaw probably don't have a million plus dollars out on the road every week gambling on an idiot who just so happens to be able to ride a dirt bike. The kid can ride, although he did a poor job of it yesterday. The only time he would have had a chance to show anything to Villo OR Dungey yesterday was when he was getting lapped. But he pulled off before that happened I guess.
He pulled off cause he had crashed and his steering was fucked.....
6/9/2008 8:41pm
wpcjs wrote:
With everyone having a camera, phone with a camera, etc. I will believe it when I see it.
wildbill wrote:
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/43/80014114_2f8ee8fdd5.jpg?v=0[/img]
Sweet, you got the pics uploaded from our road trip to hangtown.
did you ever find the back wheel? lol
gt80rider
6/9/2008 8:45pm
those riders can go out and get just as nutz as they want to on one condition, they need to run hard on sunday...... if they win on sunday, a rider could kill tranny hookers by the dozens and get nothing but kudos...

but..... if you are finishing like Hill and J-law have been this year, Wow, they are getting some serious ass chewings, or worse.....
6/9/2008 8:51pm
let these guys do all the damage they want. it is there Careers, who cares. that TxMotocross forum is full of a bunch of whino's and liars. Everyone at some point in there life has done something stupid and gotten caught.

I honestly don't like seeing half speculation and half truths. I would like to see a police report or actually hear (not read) it from JLaw and Hill.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
6/9/2008 9:01pm
Golen you need to just dial it down, your making to much sence to be posting here.
az2u
6/9/2008 9:06pm
IMO fans just would like to see JLaw and Hill race to their potential during the outdoors. Hopefully they'll get their acts together and give RV and company a run for their money.

Post a reply to: so if this post gets yanked it pretty

The Latest