so if this post gets yanked it pretty

FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
6/9/2008 1:03am
BobbyM wrote:
much verifies the truth. hill and jlaw get detained by cops on roadside sat night. previous night jlaw rolls rental car and has to turn it...
much verifies the truth.

hill and jlaw get detained by cops on roadside sat night. previous night jlaw rolls rental car and has to turn it in. cops gonna cuff the kids and take em in but grandpa villopoto calms the cops down and has the kids released into grandpas hands. people are pissed. hopefully we'll hear more on this soon...or not.

moto news is secret ya know....
I've always marveled at the "I'm not fucked up but anyone who questions my fucked up behavior is fucked up" mentality.
35smom
6/9/2008 1:31am
where does it say drunk and disorderly? you just say detained?......also wondered how he turned to car in after he rolles it over?? lol
Lucifa
6/9/2008 1:37am
Are you sure it wasn't a golf cart?............
mx317
6/9/2008 4:07am
I remember a story about Jeff Ward and an E-brake getting stuck at about 60 mph.

The Shop

mx317
6/9/2008 4:11am
WhKnuckle wrote:
They're lucky those Texas cops didn't take a rubber hose to them. A smart-assed kid from New Jersey rolling a rent car in Fairfield, TX is...
They're lucky those Texas cops didn't take a rubber hose to them. A smart-assed kid from New Jersey rolling a rent car in Fairfield, TX is grounds for a cattle prod test.
Crash82 wrote:
Lucky it wasn't in Tennessee...or south carolina or where ever
Lucky it wasn't in Tennessee...or south carolina or where ever

Somewhere like Tennessee? Crash you're from Alabama where they invented the toothbrush. If they had invented it elsewere, it would have been a teethbrush.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
6/9/2008 4:27am
Rental car trashing is old news. Every Mxer that has had a rental has done it. A lot of riders in the past had their run ins with the law too but you didnt have the interweb to magnifie everything.
6/9/2008 4:29am
Lucifa wrote:
Are you sure it wasn't a golf cart?............
thats probably exactly what it was. and the "cops" were probably the security guards for the national that were going to kick them out when asking a near by person to verify that they were actually racers. i dont believe the story one bit.... i believe they would do it tho, i would too. just not before a race. after the race.
`ol Ger
6/9/2008 4:51am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2008 4:52am
I used to work with a guy that couldn't see consequences coming. Most of us have a mechanism that goes "Uhh..if I do this, then this will probably happen." That part of him was missing/bereft.
KAWboy14
6/9/2008 5:25am
I can't believe no one mentioned Hill coming in the first moto on the webcast and them saying the mechanic told him to get the frick...
I can't believe no one mentioned Hill coming in the first moto on the webcast and them saying the mechanic told him to get the frick back out there!
man hill looked like he was "done" all day.
DPW
6/9/2008 5:32am
KAWboy14 wrote:
man hill looked like he was "done" all day.
agreed I guess that explains the way he rode....Yamaha should contact Cooper and Hamlin both of them seem to take their job seriously....
Skywagon
6/9/2008 5:33am
I seem to remember a story about Bob Hannah doing a lap around Red Bud in his rental car and the Richies almost not letting him race the next day. Maybe even hit a double along the way!

Then there was Bobby Unser who drove his rental car into a motel swimming pool prior to an Indy 500. (Motivation for the scene in Stroker Ace maybe).

Boys with toys; nothing more. The other incidents are the ones that will doom them if any.
6/9/2008 6:19am
so not 1 single person got a video or even a picture of this going down? thats way harder to believe than jlaw getting into trouble.
-eagle-
6/9/2008 6:32am
Its either going to make you like them more or hate them more.
I'll be tipping beers for them this weekend at high point.
If the RV Grandpa thing is true, he's awesome.
Especially considering the little incident at Hangtown last year.
Huckster
6/9/2008 6:38am
volcati wrote:
With instant news today...it's a whole different ball game. It will certainly effect any new contracts either of them have coming up. Sponsors can't afford to...
With instant news today...it's a whole different ball game. It will certainly effect any new contracts either of them have coming up. Sponsors can't afford to have professionals who don't give a shit. They better become superstars...that's the only thing that protects from fans despising a rider and also hating their product.
That's BS.....Lawrence is the West Coast Lites Champion and Hill won a SX main event. That's all that matters. Both these kids know that they are marketable with just those accomplishments on their resume no matter how they do outdoors. No one, and that includes sponsors, gives a crap about the outdoors anymore and these kids know the game and are playing it. Don't hate the players, hate the game and right now the game is SX. It's what gets the exposure and brings in the sponsors. I surely will eat my words if neither of them has a ride next year, but I cannot see this happening because of the insecurity of the industry and teams. They all want the guy who can win, and Lawrence and Hill have proven that. Not ever team can sign Stewart or Viilopoto so there will be a spot for both of them when the music stops, regardless of how they act. Some would even argue that it does wonders for their image with the 16-24 demographic that most of the sponsors are looking to capture.
wpcjs
6/9/2008 7:39am
With everyone having a camera, phone with a camera, etc. I will believe it when I see it.
mx836
6/9/2008 7:50am
Thanks to these two, I'm buying a Yamaha.
6/9/2008 8:31am
-eagle- wrote:
Its either going to make you like them more or hate them more. I'll be tipping beers for them this weekend at high point. If the...
Its either going to make you like them more or hate them more.
I'll be tipping beers for them this weekend at high point.
If the RV Grandpa thing is true, he's awesome.
Especially considering the little incident at Hangtown last year.
BobbyM
6/9/2008 9:47am
trashing rental cars is not a big deal...doing it drunk and under age is fugged up mom.
6/9/2008 9:52am
mx836 wrote:
Thanks to these two, I'm buying a Yamaha.
thanks to them im going to drink more beer!Laughing
BobbyM
6/9/2008 9:57am
man you fuggers are too much. real police and real drunkards in a real car. get a clue and bite me too. you gonna see some real penalties and such when the DMG has a say. Don't you folks watch Nascar and the drama over there? I get a kick outta reading this kinda shit, motonews all the way beotches! lmfao!!!
BobbyM
6/9/2008 9:59am
BobbyM wrote:
much verifies the truth. hill and jlaw get detained by cops on roadside sat night. previous night jlaw rolls rental car and has to turn it...
much verifies the truth.

hill and jlaw get detained by cops on roadside sat night. previous night jlaw rolls rental car and has to turn it in. cops gonna cuff the kids and take em in but grandpa villopoto calms the cops down and has the kids released into grandpas hands. people are pissed. hopefully we'll hear more on this soon...or not.

moto news is secret ya know....
these kids are professional riders...maybe the age should be raised like DC sez. Might help.
Dean
6/9/2008 9:59am
BobbyM wrote:
man you fuggers are too much. real police and real drunkards in a real car. get a clue and bite me too. you gonna see some...
man you fuggers are too much. real police and real drunkards in a real car. get a clue and bite me too. you gonna see some real penalties and such when the DMG has a say. Don't you folks watch Nascar and the drama over there? I get a kick outta reading this kinda shit, motonews all the way beotches! lmfao!!!
you got any proof Bobby?

anything?
KTM boy 137
6/9/2008 11:07am
`ol Ger wrote:
I used to work with a guy that couldn't see consequences coming. Most of us have a mechanism that goes "Uhh..if I do this, then this...
I used to work with a guy that couldn't see consequences coming. Most of us have a mechanism that goes "Uhh..if I do this, then this will probably happen." That part of him was missing/bereft.
That's part of ID, Ego, and Superego.

Any one of those can be out of whack dependant upon the individual and how they were brought up.

Of course, 'out of whack' is loosely based on 'rough' general ideas/moral values.
Sondy132001
6/9/2008 11:21am
It's just plain stupid, it's like I tell my kids now, I have done stupid things in my life, but the 70's 80' and even the 90's were a different time, back in the 70's and 80's you got your wrist slapped and maybe grounded for a month, not it's serious shit and if you're a minor even worse, I know they aren't minors but they are still responsible for what they are doing. I hung out with Lechien back in the day, I rental car wrecked with a few factory riders, it was fun and all but it's just not cool to do these days and the liability is far worse then back then. I bet you if you asked Lechien today about all his antics back in the day, he will tell you they were stupid and I am pretty sure he regrets a few of his choices.

S
KAWboy14
6/9/2008 11:22am
so not 1 single person got a video or even a picture of this going down? thats way harder to believe than jlaw getting into trouble.
i'm sure they did it for a sweet youtube video.....it should be out in a couple days
6/9/2008 11:24am
here is the true story..... bobby m is pissed because he KNOWS jlaw is gonna give it to mikey in the big boy class (believe that hype). and when mikey tries to run him up high, he will pay for it and not let it go like ferry did.
soooo, booby m is going to do whatever it takes to get people to hate jlaw.
so i cant wait to hear next weeks story...
if there is any kind of rental car racing this weekend tho, ill be ready with the camera. itll make for a great youtube video and good memories of my favorite rider for life.
i might even get a yami next year.
txmxer
6/9/2008 11:31am
It's just plain stupid, it's like I tell my kids now, I have done stupid things in my life, but the 70's 80' and even the...
It's just plain stupid, it's like I tell my kids now, I have done stupid things in my life, but the 70's 80' and even the 90's were a different time, back in the 70's and 80's you got your wrist slapped and maybe grounded for a month, not it's serious shit and if you're a minor even worse, I know they aren't minors but they are still responsible for what they are doing. I hung out with Lechien back in the day, I rental car wrecked with a few factory riders, it was fun and all but it's just not cool to do these days and the liability is far worse then back then. I bet you if you asked Lechien today about all his antics back in the day, he will tell you they were stupid and I am pretty sure he regrets a few of his choices.

S
that's some hindsight in action.

Sure, we all do dumb things. We all have regrets. But, all are a part of life. People haven't changed.

Apparently some folks have forgotten that their parents tried to tell them not to do this or that because it would have negative consequences. We did it anyway.

But, now we got the gubmint trying to raise our kids and dictate every facet of life. Big brother on the traffic cam to make sure every stop is perfect.

Yeah it does suck when somebody gets crunched by dumb mistake or hurts someone else. But, controlling people before they actually eff up has gone overboard.
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
6/9/2008 11:37am
Yamaha336 wrote:
Hill sucks outdoors anyway. He stunk up the lites class last year and has not done jack this year. He won't be on factory Yamaha next...
Hill sucks outdoors anyway. He stunk up the lites class last year and has not done jack this year. He won't be on factory Yamaha next year.
are you retarded? he got stuck in teh same boat as millsaps, they were jsut too big for a 250f outside. As soon as he switched to the 450 at the end of the season he was top 5. And hasn't done jack this year? Didn't he win minneapolis and finish on the podium many times? I'd say he's getting a raise, not getting fired.
Sondy132001
6/9/2008 11:39am
I had a talk with JLaw last year at Hangtown after his RV incident and probably a few times before that, nothing too major just a hey, stop being stupid and just make all the money you can then retire and party like the mad man you want to be, I guess it's just not good enough advice, I'd take it especially when you have people around you who hung out with Lechien and I am not talking about me.

S
Spinner
6/9/2008 12:36pm
Can anyone explain to me how ANY of this is any of our business?

Post a reply to: so if this post gets yanked it pretty

The Latest