should stewart take the alessi route of days gone past

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 2/18/2012 2:52pm
and milk it through the sx season and look ahead to the outdoors?team gibbs is running outdoors right?
|
GHR
2/15/2012 6:30pm
I say yes but only if in the next 2-4 SX races he does well and one of the other top guys implodes.

I dont know if Gibbs is for sure gonna run outdoors. I think they are?
JJO741
Fantasy
3037th
2/15/2012 6:38pm
He has the option to if he wants. Guess we will find out come this May.
GIwasB4
2/15/2012 7:47pm
What's up Myersdork?

The Shop

P
2/15/2012 7:54pm
I think that they should start testing now for outdoors and James should just ride and let whatever happens happen in SX. He's far back enough that they can't really do anything but hope for the best.

P
500guy
2/15/2012 8:01pm
What the fuck!

You stay after it like you can and will win it until you are mathematically eliminated. get back to me when Alessi's playbook actually brings home a Championship.
grimey
2/15/2012 8:11pm
500guy wrote:
What the fuck! You stay after it like you can and will win it until you are mathematically eliminated. get back to me when Alessi's playbook...
What the fuck!

You stay after it like you can and will win it until you are mathematically eliminated. get back to me when Alessi's playbook actually brings home a Championship.
That
Mstock
2/15/2012 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2012 8:15pm
Stewart gets 6 million dollars per year BEFORE he races. He already did better than the guy who wins both titles. Why do you think he's ok with 15th in his post race interview? The checks cash the same as if he wins. Dude showed up and left in a Lambo at SD. Pretty good fucken day in my book.

edit: I do think the way the sport ONLY rewards the "top" riders is the CANCER in the sport.
BobbyM
2/15/2012 8:14pm
500guy wrote:
What the fuck! You stay after it like you can and will win it until you are mathematically eliminated. get back to me when Alessi's playbook...
What the fuck!

or...die?
BobbyM
2/15/2012 8:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2012 8:15pm
Mstock wrote:
Stewart gets 6 million dollars per year BEFORE he races. He already did better than the guy who wins both titles. Why do you think he's...
Stewart gets 6 million dollars per year BEFORE he races. He already did better than the guy who wins both titles. Why do you think he's ok with 15th in his post race interview? The checks cash the same as if he wins. Dude showed up and left in a Lambo at SD. Pretty good fucken day in my book.

edit: I do think the way the sport ONLY rewards the "top" riders is the CANCER in the sport.
prove it...and the lambo was rented i'd venture to say
Mstock
2/15/2012 8:24pm
Mstock wrote:
Stewart gets 6 million dollars per year BEFORE he races. He already did better than the guy who wins both titles. Why do you think he's...

BobbyM wrote:
The 6 million is per DV and of course the Lambo was rented. How many other Pro riders rent Lambos to drive to the fucken track? Dude is living large off this sport and laughing on the way to the bank every day.
BobbyM
2/15/2012 8:33pm
Mstock wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
Mstock wrote:
The 6 million is per DV and of course the Lambo was rented. How many other Pro riders rent Lambos to drive to the fucken track...
The 6 million is per DV and of course the Lambo was rented. How many other Pro riders rent Lambos to drive to the fucken track? Dude is living large off this sport and laughing on the way to the bank every day.
yup...living large and driving a rented lambo. hopefully his pops is a better money manager than he is a rider manager or james will be on the "Lam" with his dog Bo and living in a Large cardboard box after his racing career is over. Wink
tonyb
2/15/2012 8:33pm
500guy wrote:
What the fuck!

You are absolutely correct!!
By the way how the heck are you these days? this is Tiffer Wright's dad (Tony) by the way
Mstock
2/15/2012 8:35pm
The chance of seeing bling man show up and race all the Pro Nasty's is a big fucken ZERO. Gibbs got sold a wheel barrel of shit on this deal. Of course it's not their money so they don't give a shit either. Gotta love pro sports and the way money moves around.
BobbyM
2/15/2012 8:40pm
Mstock wrote:
The chance of seeing bling man show up and race all the Pro Nasty's is a big fucken ZERO. Gibbs got sold a wheel barrel of...
The chance of seeing bling man show up and race all the Pro Nasty's is a big fucken ZERO. Gibbs got sold a wheel barrel of shit on this deal. Of course it's not their money so they don't give a shit either. Gotta love pro sports and the way money moves around.
possibly...but i said that last year. Smile
bents
Fantasy
909th
2/15/2012 8:53pm
He won't race the outdoors. Too much work.
Sherwood
2/15/2012 8:59pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2012 8:59pm
Yeah, he should take it easy and then knock himself out at the first national...
2/15/2012 9:10pm
BobbyM wrote:
Mstock wrote:
The 6 million is per DV and of course the Lambo was rented. How many other Pro riders rent Lambos to drive to the fucken track...
BobbyM wrote:
yup...living large and driving a rented lambo. hopefully his pops is a better money manager than he is a rider manager or james will be on...
yup...living large and driving a rented lambo. hopefully his pops is a better money manager than he is a rider manager or james will be on the "Lam" with his dog Bo and living in a Large cardboard box after his racing career is over. Wink
James has won over 100k per year in heat races alone every year over the course of his ten year career.

Plenty of money to throw around on any car he want's.

The factory salaries, the gear deals and the sneakers and everything else, tv show's funds the family and the future.

no shortage of cash and the annuities are going to be paying out for a long time.
IceMan446
2/15/2012 9:11pm
Lets say he Doesnt race the nationals. Lets say he retires after this year.

He will still be one of the top 5 riders of all time. Remind me again who went 24-0 in the hardest series in the world?

Two people have. So dont ever doubt the dudes ability on a motocross bike.

He is a legend of this sport and nothing will change the record books.

He made his money, won championships and crushed people along the way. All the while getting paid, and paid well.

Its a business and I think he made out well.
jtomasik
2/15/2012 9:12pm
I don't think he's the type to stand on another rider's bike.
BAMX
2/15/2012 9:17pm
bents wrote:
Anyone who watched Bubba's Worlds knows he is a slacker. BTW...RV just called and said thanks for Aldon Baker.
dboivin
2/15/2012 9:22pm
he should be racing for 2nd or 3rd place if he can't get first. sponsors are vested in him. JGR looks good with a top 3 finish. they don't look good with a quitter or someone gives up because he can be the winner.
kongols
2/15/2012 9:26pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2012 9:31pm
bents wrote:
BAMX wrote:
Anyone who watched Bubba's Worlds knows he is a slacker. BTW...RV just called and said thanks for Aldon Baker.
Fucking LOL. I can`t believe there is dumbass people who still think that "Bubbas world" is/was reality. Fucking LOL LOL LOL.
peelout
2/15/2012 9:40pm
maybe, but he will have his hands more full than supercross...and wasnt supercross his favorite game?

the only page 'ol Lawnadart took out of the Alessi handbook is "HYPE"
scooterB
2/15/2012 9:42pm
gonna take james at least 3-4 races to get back on his outdoor game imo.....good luck!!!
DrSweden
2/16/2012 1:01am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2012 1:38am
One could wish, but last time they tried, they where clueless about suspension set up, and that was the excuse to bail and considering they seems even more clueless right now, odd for being tuned in properly this time seems slim.

I'm of course clueless here, but considering the amazing bikes of today, I though a fast guy could basically use a stocker and be rather competitive, but I guess JSE needs NASA to make things happen.
FARANG
2/16/2012 1:32am
Stewart won't race outdoors unless he thinks he can win. He clearly doesn't enjoy it - so what's the point of doing it and coming 4th or 5th behind RV, TC, RD, CR etc. It just puts his stock down further.

So forget it, doesn't matter what he says he's not gonna be there.
mxmaniac08
2/16/2012 1:36am
I would like to see him ride a factory yellow green red or possibly an orange bike and see if that changes anything.
Im not a huge JS7 fan, but would like to see if it changed his consistency, eliminated some of the misfortune and elevated him back to his former self. I used to watch and admire his crazy corner speed and owning the bike - pre 2010..
Now i just watch him thinkin, when the f&ck is he going to throw it away!
DrSweden
2/16/2012 1:45am
FARANG wrote:
Stewart won't race outdoors unless he thinks he can win. He clearly doesn't enjoy it - so what's the point of doing it and coming 4th...
Stewart won't race outdoors unless he thinks he can win. He clearly doesn't enjoy it - so what's the point of doing it and coming 4th or 5th behind RV, TC, RD, CR etc. It just puts his stock down further.

So forget it, doesn't matter what he says he's not gonna be there.
That's the thing, I'm pretty ok with him not being there, I can handle that, I'm just not ok with him BS about it and dodging the bullet as in "most likely will do it", "doing it for the fans" or whatever shit we will be served (I assume this will happen, but I apology if I'm mistaken here), because his inability to know what he really wants, or what's good for him and us, as in "fans".

See, the future BS even go me worked up here!
JB 19
2/16/2012 5:18am
BobbyM wrote:
yup...living large and driving a rented lambo. hopefully his pops is a better money manager than he is a rider manager or james will be on...
hopefully his pops is a better money manager than he is a rider manager

haha.......oh my. TongueLaughingCheerfulDryDryDryTongueLaughingSillyGrinningWoohooBlushSmile

Then again he can't manage either one so who knows..........................10 years from now they'll be saying, "it was fun while it lasted."

Post a reply to: should stewart take the alessi route of days gone past

The Latest