shop setup

Related:
Create New Tag

1/23/2019 7:58 AM

getting ready to build a new shop
what you guys got and what i need

thanks

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

1/23/2019 8:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2019 8:19 AM

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

1/23/2019 8:46 AM

You need a vise! or a dozen of them.

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/23/2019 8:50 AM

Dream setup would be really good LED lighting, epoxy floor, tons of cabinets, stainless steel workbench, parts cleaner and vapor blaster, scissor lift bike stand.

|

1/23/2019 8:53 AM

Go to a "re-store" shop(that takes used appliances etc) and see if they have any 2nd hand kitchen cabinets, use those for your cabinets and 2 sheets of super thick ply wood for the counter top, cover with rad stickers and wola.......

|

1/23/2019 9:00 AM

And a workbench. $40.00 at a garage sale.

Photo

$300.00 later...

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/23/2019 9:21 AM

A parts washer with an actual pump and filter system.

Photo
Photo

|

1/23/2019 10:37 AM

Newman!!! I hate you (ok just jealous)

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

1/23/2019 10:52 AM

Photo
I setup 1 bay of my 3 car garage for 2 bikes. Worked out pretty good. Lots of light is huge, I used T8s but would use 4' LED shop lights if I did it again. Beware of the clutter power of the flat surface, though!
|

1/23/2019 1:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2019 2:00 PM

My man-cave. Get or make a good bench with allot of cabinets. Use either epoxy or tile on the floor. Big heavy vise, hydraulic press, drill press, parts washer (the Snap-On washer above is just awesome!), air compressor, bench grinder with a wire wheel on one side, blast cabinet, and maybe a lathe or mill. Need a frig, stereo, and a TV too!!! Throw some good LED lighting in and you are golden. A lift isn't too shabby either. Just have fun with it and use your imagination. You'll have a great shop within any budget.

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/23/2019 3:41 PM

You Can’t ever have too much bench space Photo
mines pretty basic and kinda ugly but that huge bench is great for storage which comes in handy for both moto and drilling equipment lol

|

1/23/2019 3:45 PM

newmann wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Can I borrow one... asking for a friend... Photo

|

1/23/2019 4:03 PM

ama530 wrote:

My man-cave. Get or make a good bench with allot of cabinets. Use either epoxy or tile on the floor. Big heavy vise, hydraulic press, drill press, parts washer (the Snap-On washer above is just awesome!), air compressor, bench grinder with a wire wheel on one side, blast cabinet, and maybe a lathe or mill. Need a frig, stereo, and a TV too!!! Throw some good LED lighting in and you are golden. A lift isn't too shabby either. Just have fun with it and use your imagination. You'll have a great shop within any budget.

Photo
Photo
Photo

I too saved the Wheaties box

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

1/23/2019 4:11 PM

ama530 wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

Are those new age cabinets? I’ve had a throbbing boner for them for awhile

|

1/23/2019 4:15 PM

lights!! If you can't see, you can't work.

|

1/23/2019 4:37 PM

You need a shop chair too!

Photo

|

1/23/2019 4:39 PM

newmann wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Spudnut wrote:

Can I borrow one... asking for a friend... Photo

laughing

Find yourself a good old US made vise. Just say no to Chinesium!!
|

1/23/2019 4:44 PM

Full-time mechanic and trash cans! When I did have a shop, a toilet, sink and small shower turned out to be one of the best things I installed. Oh and a swamp cooler for our summer.

|

1/23/2019 4:45 PM

ama530 wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo

Stuntman949 wrote:

I too saved the Wheaties box

As did I

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/23/2019 5:01 PM

i really like to be able to wash my hands. So I use a 5 gallon bucket elevated with a fitting attached to a hose attached to my camp table with a sink. drains into another five gallon bucket. Works great and my compressor fits underneath the table. My garage/man cave is still a work in progress. Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/23/2019 5:03 PM

What I would do top 10

1. Plenty of bench space. It seems like you ca never have enough
2. Tons of light
3. Lots of cabinets / tool storage The most used things hung on the wall over the main counter
4. Fridge for beer / stereo / TV
5. Nice vise setup with soft jaws or inserts for shocks and forks
6. Good air system
7 Deep shop sink
8. Solvent tank
9. Hydraulic press
10. Shop oven

|

1/23/2019 5:05 PM

newmann wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Seriously, a snap on vise??!
w00t

|

1/23/2019 5:43 PM

Whatever size you think you’ll need, double it.

|

1/23/2019 6:04 PM

newmann wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

I thought the Wilton I got last year for Christmas was gorgeous. That SnapOn is sick!

|

1/23/2019 6:29 PM

newmann wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

yak651 wrote:

Seriously, a snap on vise??!
w00t

I traded an insanely expensive array of one year old kitchen appliances for that vise. Of course they were somewhat destroyed from the flooding that had recently taken place but considering the circumstances I think I did okay...lol. The fact that all this new stuff was sitting in two foot of nasty ass water for a week was a bit disheartening though. Haven’t even gotten around to taking it back to the dealer and seeing if it is worth salvaging. The tig welder has never even been plugged in.

Photo

The Snap On vise is going on this 9 1/2 foot long slab of 2 inch thick maple I had glued up locally as soon as I find time to build the steel workbench base.

Photo

|

1/23/2019 6:41 PM

Newmann

You need a full grown Reed like this "Reed 108"

Photo

|

1/23/2019 7:05 PM

mag250 wrote:

Newmann

You need a full grown Reed like this "Reed 108"

Photo

Where do I send the shipper?smile

|

1/23/2019 7:07 PM

A 1946 Wilton (the light green one) and a 1949 Colombian ( the newest vise I own)

Bottom row 4 Parker's and another Wilton

There are 15 or so others in there too..........

Photo

|

1/23/2019 7:10 PM

newmann wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Johnny Lock wrote:

I thought the Wilton I got last year for Christmas was gorgeous. That SnapOn is sick!

The Snap On is a Wilton Tradesman 1765 painted red with a Snappy logo. I’m working on a 1970 4 1/2 inch Wilton Bullet right now. Looking for a swivel base...

Photo

|

1/23/2019 7:13 PM

mag250 wrote:

A 1946 Wilton (the light green one) and a 1949 Colombian ( the newest vise I own)

Bottom row 4 Parker's and another Wilton

There are 15 or so others in there too..........

Photo

Dayummmmm....vise envy!

|