shoei with neck brace?

Sorry if this has been covered before but I have not managed to find an answer yet as to which neck braces work with the shoei vfx-w?

Rode for the first time yesterday in 3 years after time of with injury, I have bought a new shoei vfx-w only to find it constantly catches on my neck brace. Currently have a leatt brace (old) think it may be the adventure? its all grey if that helps. Anyone have any idea or experience with other braces that run well with the shoei? cheers
|
TWag113
2/13/2017 12:03pm
I run an atlas brace with my VFX-W and have had no issues.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
2/13/2017 12:13pm
TWag113 wrote:
same here
DoctorJD
2/13/2017 12:45pm
TWag113 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
same here
...and here. No issues.

The Shop

BAMX
2/13/2017 12:45pm
Sorry if this has been covered before but I have not managed to find an answer yet as to which neck braces work with the shoei...
Sorry if this has been covered before but I have not managed to find an answer yet as to which neck braces work with the shoei vfx-w?

Rode for the first time yesterday in 3 years after time of with injury, I have bought a new shoei vfx-w only to find it constantly catches on my neck brace. Currently have a leatt brace (old) think it may be the adventure? its all grey if that helps. Anyone have any idea or experience with other braces that run well with the shoei? cheers
Where were you riding? I found it impossible to ride offroad with the brace. Though, it never caught on the track.
bvm111
2/13/2017 1:00pm
TWag113 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
same here
DoctorJD wrote:
...and here. No issues.
annnnnnd here as well with atlas!!!!
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
2/13/2017 1:03pm
I had major issues riding off-road with the Leatt (original) and also the A-Stars brace. When coming down a hill and then needing to climb out of the canyon, it was impossible to tilt my head up to see where the f**k I was going.
This was with the Shoei VFX.... I left my A-Stars carbon brace laying in the bottom of the canyon, the 2nd time it happened. I wore an Atlas brace for the MX track for a year or so, but have decided to ride w/o a neck brace.
Bramlett321
2/13/2017 1:07pm
Sorry if this has been covered before but I have not managed to find an answer yet as to which neck braces work with the shoei...

BAMX wrote:
Where were you riding? I found it impossible to ride offroad with the brace. Though, it never caught on the track.
^^^ Same here cannot wear the Atlas at all when I'm in the woods, especially with the shape of the shoei. No problems on the moto track though.
mx_563
2/13/2017 1:09pm
TWag113 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
same here
Same here. No issues.
BAMX
2/13/2017 1:26pm

BAMX wrote:
^^^ Same here cannot wear the Atlas at all when I'm in the woods, especially with the shape of the shoei. No problems on the moto...
^^^ Same here cannot wear the Atlas at all when I'm in the woods, especially with the shape of the shoei. No problems on the moto track though.
I had the same issue that langhammx had. I didn't leave mine in a ditch but if I was in a race, I might have. IMO, it was more dangerous not being able to see where I was going.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
2/13/2017 7:37pm

I had the exact same issue running an older Leatt with a Shoei VFX-W. Switched to Atlas and don't even notice it. So much better than the Leatt.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
2/13/2017 7:42pm
I had the original Leatt and a VFX-W as well with the same issues. I eventually ditched the Leatt as it was making me uncomfortable and downright risky in the woods. I couldn't get under trees or dodge limbs well enough with it on. I felt restrained with a h2o pack, chest protector and a Leatt. I may revisit a neck brace, but at the moment I like feeling comfortable over restrained.

I haven't worn a Leatt in several years now.
moscrop940
2/13/2017 7:46pm
BAMX wrote:
I had the same issue that langhammx had. I didn't leave mine in a ditch but if I was in a race, I might have. IMO...
I had the same issue that langhammx had. I didn't leave mine in a ditch but if I was in a race, I might have. IMO, it was more dangerous not being able to see where I was going.
It cracks me up how we are all so funny when it comes to what we deem as comfortable while riding.

I have ran an Atlas/Leatt since the inception of neck braces 8/9 years ago, never once have the hindered my riding. Worn them with Shoei, Bell, Fox, and ONE industries helmets and never struggled with vision while riding track or trails....

Hey, to each their own. I don't think that any one rider knows how another feels, so I would never argue that a brace makes someone feel "uncomfortable". The only thing that I will add is it seems people got so accustomed to riding without neck protection, the second anything makes you feel "different", the neck brace is always gets the finger of blame.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
2/13/2017 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2017 7:51pm

Shoei w/Leatt here too. No issues. Never run an Atlas but looks like a better design. Haven't had any problems so just continue to run what I brung!

Post a reply to: shoei with neck brace?

The Latest