send chad to the nations

Edited Date/Time 8/31/2018 5:17am
Australia u owe chad a proper send off. hes still got game
|
plowboy
8/25/2018 1:47pm
That ship has sailed....but old Chadrock still has gas in the tank...and it looks like RACE gas.
SEE ARE125
8/25/2018 3:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 3:20pm
plowboy wrote:
That ship has sailed....but old Chadrock still has gas in the tank...and it looks like RACE gas.
RC gave him a few cans of the good stuff.

The Shop

Tryhard
8/25/2018 3:21pm
I have honestly had my times where i absolutely backed chad 100% and the times where I have almost hated him , But the "come up" for chad is like something of a small town hero . He is the true definition of what this sport is all about . He is like a pure bred from the roots of the sport . Any haters to him , that's fine . The guy is self made , and has honestly worked harder in his entire racing career i believe then mostly any of the riders out there . Love him or hate him , he is an icon , And if you dont like him for him , love him for what he stands for because he is everything this sport stands for , and is more of what this sport needs to go back too !
8/26/2018 6:12am
ok deal, as long as UK send Paul Malin. or Brad Anderson,Kurt Nichol etc,etc,etc or someone else past there prime!
Ewan49
8/26/2018 6:25am
jeffro961 wrote:
ok deal, as long as UK send Paul Malin. or Brad Anderson,Kurt Nichol etc,etc,etc or someone else past there prime!
Past his absolute prime maybe....but still faster than Gibbs and Evans!!
8/26/2018 6:46am
jeffro961 wrote:
Ewan49 wrote:
I guess we will never no as he is NOT going but the team manager (burner...his mate) didn't pick him so I would assume he knows more than we do.
Ewan49
8/26/2018 6:55am
jeffro961 wrote:
Ewan49 wrote:
jeffro961 wrote:
I guess we will never no as he is NOT going but the team manager (burner...his mate) didn't pick him so I would assume he knows...
I guess we will never no as he is NOT going but the team manager (burner...his mate) didn't pick him so I would assume he knows more than we do.
Byrner is FAR from being Chad's mate. Sounds like you may need to get up with the times!
8/26/2018 6:59am
Tryhard wrote:
I have honestly had my times where i absolutely backed chad 100% and the times where I have almost hated him , But the "come up"...
I have honestly had my times where i absolutely backed chad 100% and the times where I have almost hated him , But the "come up" for chad is like something of a small town hero . He is the true definition of what this sport is all about . He is like a pure bred from the roots of the sport . Any haters to him , that's fine . The guy is self made , and has honestly worked harder in his entire racing career i believe then mostly any of the riders out there . Love him or hate him , he is an icon , And if you dont like him for him , love him for what he stands for because he is everything this sport stands for , and is more of what this sport needs to go back too !
THIS. Very well said. Spot on.
Kawi15
8/26/2018 7:17am
Do I hear Team Puerto Rico calling? It seems he would be a good fit.
8/26/2018 9:29am
Kawi15 wrote:
Do I hear Team Puerto Rico calling? It seems he would be a good fit.
I never considered this, Chad is a US citizen so this could work.
8/26/2018 9:45am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2018 9:46am
Dudes - it was one race. A muddy race. And the very last race of the season. I love Chad but he would not have done well racing an entire season under normal circumstances. He's a one-off wonder and has historically done well in mud races. Kudos to Chad for doing well this weekend but he would get smoked at MxDN (and any normal outdoor race).
pilotdude
8/26/2018 10:20am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2018 7:52am
His first year as a pro in the U.S. was 2002, 4 years before Ryan Villopoto's first full pro season, and here he is getting top 10's 3 years after Villopoto retired. Carmichael retired 11 years ago (if you can believe that!) Just as I miss Carmichael, Stewart, Windham, Villopoto, and Dungey, so too will I miss Reed when he is no longer out there racing. Cherish watching him while you can, because he will be gone in the blink of an eye.
plowboy
8/26/2018 10:25am
Dudes - it was one race. A muddy race. And the very last race of the season. I love Chad but he would not have done...
Dudes - it was one race. A muddy race. And the very last race of the season. I love Chad but he would not have done well racing an entire season under normal circumstances. He's a one-off wonder and has historically done well in mud races. Kudos to Chad for doing well this weekend but he would get smoked at MxDN (and any normal outdoor race).
I guess if you consider anything other than winning or on the podium "getting smoked". I don't believe any right minded person believes he is still "that guy". That said, a lot of folks, myself included, think he's a top 20 guy (give or take). Where the hell is the shame in that? He's probably mid pack in SX as well. Still incredible. I am not a subscriber of, "2nd place is 1st loser". The sport is better with him in it. The gate would be pretty empty if there were only the title contenders lining up. I bet 20 years from now, none of the riders that finish ahead of Chad start a bench racing session with, "I beat Chad Reed but he was old and slow". He'll be gone soon enough...let the rest of us enjoy him while we can. Thanks.
Texas Built
8/26/2018 11:19am
Dude does well in a mudder one race and eveyone thinks "hes back". Hes not. Hes been a lapper for years. Its over Rambo.
8/26/2018 11:33am
Dude does well in a mudder one race and eveyone thinks "hes back". Hes not. Hes been a lapper for years. Its over Rambo.
So...

Why didn't all the faster dudes finish in front of him? You're telling me I can go out there and finish in the top 10 since it was a mudder? Where were all the lapper privateers in the top 10? The fuck dude.
kkawboy14
8/26/2018 11:40am
No way Australia can have 3 really fast riders.....the country is way smaller than the USA
8/26/2018 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2018 2:30pm
plowboy wrote:
I guess if you consider anything other than winning or on the podium "getting smoked". I don't believe any right minded person believes he is still...
I guess if you consider anything other than winning or on the podium "getting smoked". I don't believe any right minded person believes he is still "that guy". That said, a lot of folks, myself included, think he's a top 20 guy (give or take). Where the hell is the shame in that? He's probably mid pack in SX as well. Still incredible. I am not a subscriber of, "2nd place is 1st loser". The sport is better with him in it. The gate would be pretty empty if there were only the title contenders lining up. I bet 20 years from now, none of the riders that finish ahead of Chad start a bench racing session with, "I beat Chad Reed but he was old and slow". He'll be gone soon enough...let the rest of us enjoy him while we can. Thanks.
I don’t disagree with you but keep in mind this thread was started with the premise of “sending Chad to de Nations.” He’s not a podium guy, which is who you want on a de nations team. Not a “mid pack” guy.
zehn
8/26/2018 2:32pm
Tryhard wrote:
I have honestly had my times where i absolutely backed chad 100% and the times where I have almost hated him , But the "come up"...
What does this have to do with sending him to MXdN
8/26/2018 2:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2018 2:34pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
So... Why didn't all the faster dudes finish in front of him? You're telling me I can go out there and finish in the top 10...
So...

Why didn't all the faster dudes finish in front of him? You're telling me I can go out there and finish in the top 10 since it was a mudder? Where were all the lapper privateers in the top 10? The fuck dude.
Because a lot of the faster dudes just aren’t good in the mud and, it being the last race of the season with the championship only between two guys, even the faster guys were taking it easy. Chad came with something to prove while everyone else except Barcia, Tomac, Roczen and Musqin were still trying to prove something.

Bottom line - Chad would not have done as well throughout a full season.
Fresh
Fantasy
3312th
8/26/2018 3:40pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
So... Why didn't all the faster dudes finish in front of him? You're telling me I can go out there and finish in the top 10...
So...

Because a lot of the faster dudes just aren’t good in the mud and, it being the last race of the season with the championship only...
Because a lot of the faster dudes just aren’t good in the mud and, it being the last race of the season with the championship only between two guys, even the faster guys were taking it easy. Chad came with something to prove while everyone else except Barcia, Tomac, Roczen and Musqin were still trying to prove something.

The mxdn isn’t a 24 moto championship
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
8/26/2018 5:00pm
Because a lot of the faster dudes just aren’t good in the mud and, it being the last race of the season with the championship only...

Yeah Barcia had nothing to prove. Just took his goggles off and mailed it in. Silly
8/26/2018 5:28pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
So...

If you think those guys not on your list where just riding around to finish out the season, your a bigger fool then you sound. What about Kenny or Bagget? You realise these guys get paid and earn rides based on their finishing position?
mxgoon
8/26/2018 6:06pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
So...

Nothing to do with if he can beat those guys. The question is can he get a better result that Mitch Evan's or Gibbs.

90% of the experts in here have never heard of Evan's till he was picked.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
8/26/2018 6:23pm
pilotdude wrote:
His first year as a pro in the U.S. was 2002, 4 years before Ryan Villopoto's first full pro season, and here he is getting top...
His first year as a pro in the U.S. was 2002, 4 years before Ryan Villopoto's first full pro season, and here he is getting top 10's 3 years after Villopoto retired. Carmichael retired 11 years ago (if you can believe that!) Just as I miss Carmichael, Stewart, Windham, Villopoto, and Dungey, so too will I miss Reed when he is no longer out there racing. Cherish watching him while you can, because he will be gone in the blink of an eye.
Pretty much the most accurate post I've read on the subject of Chad Reed in the last two weeks.
m121c
8/26/2018 8:51pm
Pastrana has hit his head too many times.. Reed winning at moto at Red Bud MXDN is so unrealistic it's hard to make a joke about.

What's interesting is FIM not allowing an American "B team". On one hand, it makes sense wanting to have someone from the territory to represent, on the other hand, when the race is continually getting more dangerous with the widening gap of skill between some of the countries, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have another 3 fast riders that are from/race in the U.S to ride on the team rather than fill the spots with riders that may not be within the right skill range.
biscuit11
8/27/2018 7:37am
It would be great to see musquin and reed get a shot to ride mxon this year. They obviously wouldn't be stacking a "b" team by picking reed so hopefully it gets approval. Would make race a little more competitive at the top and also cool to me to see dual citizenship guys ride for pr.

Post a reply to: send chad to the nations

The Latest