searching for a feeling

Related:
Create New Tag

2/2/2018 9:38 AM

I have been getting a feeling from bikes the last few years that i dont recall ever having before, I've had it on 3 different bikes, and no body else seems to know what I'm talking about when i bring it up
que yuk yuks.
but seriously sometimes when i am taking sick air, it feels like my bars get pulled one way or the other, this is when taking off with bars straight, maybe turning them some in the air, it feels like the front end wants to turn more then i am inputting, and the steering movement does not feel free, pulling back.
it doesn't happen all the time, i can hit the same jump 10 x and it may happen once
but it messes with me when it does. i become very focused trying to get the front tire back where i want it,
is this a gyro effect that I'm totally missing?
i dont think it could be steering stem?

thanks for any help from a total head case

|

2/2/2018 9:44 AM

Much TY!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/2/2018 9:46 AM

sprocket bolts bro

|

2/2/2018 9:49 AM

You're not a head case! Your triple clamps are bent, no just kidding, check your front wheel offset

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

2/2/2018 9:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2018 9:52 AM

How are you hitting the jump? Sitting down, always standing, out over the front?

Cause the only thing I could initially think of is sometimes you can get a similar feeling when you're forks are too soft and you hit a jump in a fairly front-wards or aggressive position, the forks push deep into the stroke and the energy deflects and pushes the front out to the side a little.

|

2/2/2018 10:00 AM

Photo

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

2/2/2018 10:13 AM

I think you need to hold on loosely BUT don't let go.

|

2/2/2018 10:14 AM

Totally Bro! When this happens I instantly go to the gym, hit my 1 rep max on bench, then come back to the track. Problem solved Bro.

|

United States of America

2/2/2018 10:19 AM

Photo

|

2/2/2018 10:24 AM

ML512 wrote:

How are you hitting the jump? Sitting down, always standing, out over the front?

Cause the only thing I could initially think of is sometimes you can get a similar feeling when you're forks are too soft and you hit a jump in a fairly front-wards or aggressive position, the forks push deep into the stroke and the energy deflects and pushes the front out to the side a little.

Like a front end seat bounce?

Forks are damped, though, so how can they have a spring effect? We should discuss . . .

|

2/2/2018 10:31 AM

ML512 wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

Like a front end seat bounce?

Forks are damped, though, so how can they have a spring effect? We should discuss . . .

It’s more or less the energy gets transferred through the front of the bike and causes stuff to flex. Testing with Supercross makes this standout more as riders will complain about not being able to drive through a rhythm section when things are too soft or flex too much. The energy transfers around and can make the bike do weird things.

|

2/2/2018 10:33 AM

You think adding rebound would fix this?

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

2/2/2018 10:34 AM

aeffertz wrote:

Ha

|

2/2/2018 10:38 AM

Sounds like youre just doing some sick scrubs

|

2/2/2018 10:39 AM

|

2/2/2018 10:46 AM

Four stroke phenomenom. Too many things whirring around inside the engine cases upsetting proper flight characteristics.

|

2/2/2018 10:49 AM

?ecver=2" width="480" height="360
|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

2/2/2018 10:55 AM

OldYZRider1 wrote:

Four stroke phenomenom. Too many things whirring around inside the engine cases upsetting proper flight characteristics.

lol

|

2/2/2018 10:59 AM

OldYZRider1 wrote:

This

|

2/2/2018 11:33 AM

MX915 wrote: Photo

First thing I thought to post was this but you got it covered lol. Video would of been even better.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/2/2018 11:46 AM

So 1 rep max and stop throwing sick whips? Problem solved

|

2/2/2018 1:47 PM

Binding front brake. Bent disc?

|

2/2/2018 1:59 PM

In regards to the levers. You have to be sure that you know when to hold em and also you have to know when to fold em. Hope this helps.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

2/2/2018 2:07 PM

Photo

|

2/2/2018 4:10 PM

2 thoughts.

1. Is your finger on the front brake? It could be engaging just enough to cause the front wheel to stop and turn. I had that issue on a down hill MTB. Normally you'd get a drop of the front end too.

2. Technically one side of the front end (forks/wheel/brake caliper/rotor) is heavier. Especially with the SFF style forks where one fork leg is lighter than the other. It could pull the bars slightly off center from that unbalance however minuscule it actually is.

|

2/2/2018 4:32 PM

aeffertz wrote:

If you cling too tightly, you're gonna lose control.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

2/2/2018 4:47 PM

The amount of astroturfing going on on this website is getting unreal. Multiple versions of the internet water army are out in full force. Its to the point where the majority of posts are coming from these paid forum posters.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

2/2/2018 5:09 PM

bvm111 wrote: Photo

Feelin your meme bro. TY

|

2/2/2018 5:19 PM

kzizok wrote:

The amount of astroturfing going on on this website is getting unreal. Multiple versions of the internet water army are out in full force. Its to the point where the majority of posts are coming from these paid forum posters.

Who pays them, the Russians?

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

2/2/2018 5:59 PM

Ya gotta go back a bit. Def Leppard got ya covered. Great tune, BTW...

Gypsy, sittin' lookin' pretty
The broken rose with laughin' eyes
You're a mystery, always runnin' wild
Like a child without a home
You're always searching, searching for a feeling
That it's easy come and easy go

|