river bottom tracks in so cal?

rongi#401
Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 11:17am
anyone have any river bottom spots in the ventura area?
started to burn a track in but havent put many laps in recently.
i heard that santa clarita has a pretty epic one but the sherrif has been impounding bikes? idk if thats true tho
heres some video of piru.

https://youtu.be/U1Dqhu1o524

does it just take time to get worn in or should i go out and do some shovel work to help get some burms going??
|
BobPA
7/31/2017 11:30am
rongi#401 wrote:
anyone have any river bottom spots in the ventura area? started to burn a track in but havent put many laps in recently. i heard that...
anyone have any river bottom spots in the ventura area?
started to burn a track in but havent put many laps in recently.
i heard that santa clarita has a pretty epic one but the sherrif has been impounding bikes? idk if thats true tho
heres some video of piru.

https://youtu.be/U1Dqhu1o524

does it just take time to get worn in or should i go out and do some shovel work to help get some burms going??
Thank god for mute
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
7/31/2017 11:42am
Dude you know Sean? Tell him Hammer said what up!

SCV did have an awesome and really rough sand track just under the freeway at Magic Mountain pkwy but it's a huge bust. I was lucky enough to ride it once back in 06. The only other sand and wash tracks I know of are out in the AV.
rongi#401
7/31/2017 11:48am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Dude you know Sean? Tell him Hammer said what up! SCV did have an awesome and really rough sand track just under the freeway at Magic...

SCV did have an awesome and really rough sand track just under the freeway at Magic Mountain pkwy but it's a huge bust. I was lucky enough to ride it once back in 06. The only other sand and wash tracks I know of are out in the AV.
yeah he lives not too far from me.
welll i guess i have some work to do haha.
i hate driving far to ride.
it would be sick to get a good group of guys together to go burn in a track

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
7/31/2017 11:51am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Dude you know Sean? Tell him Hammer said what up! SCV did have an awesome and really rough sand track just under the freeway at Magic...

rongi#401 wrote:
yeah he lives not too far from me. welll i guess i have some work to do haha. i hate driving far to ride. it would...
I've thought the same thing. I just don't want to have my bike impounded haha. You guys up for a Zaca trip soon?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
7/31/2017 12:19pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:

rongi#401 wrote:
yeah he lives not too far from me. welll i guess i have some work to do haha. i hate driving far to ride. it would...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I've thought the same thing. I just don't want to have my bike impounded haha. You guys up for a Zaca trip soon?
Last winter I was scoping some spots near Santa Clarita, it's a coin toss if you'd get in trouble or not. But I feel like there's some spots noone would ever know you are there.

I hear some guys planning on riding Zaca this weekend if anyone is interested?
rongi#401
7/31/2017 12:41pm
well i good choice would be to get a beater for like 1200 bucks that you wont really care if it gets impounded, i would probly just ride my yz250 for that reason. i wouldnt wanna risk getting my ktm taken away. and im thinking about riding this weekend just not sure where, zaca would be sick, havent ridden in about two months since i cut my hands up
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
7/31/2017 1:13pm
rongi#401 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Last winter I was scoping some spots near Santa Clarita, it's a coin toss if you'd get in trouble or not. But I feel like there's...
Last winter I was scoping some spots near Santa Clarita, it's a coin toss if you'd get in trouble or not. But I feel like there's some spots noone would ever know you are there.

I have a few buddies with a riding area near SCV up in the hills, but nothing in any washes. I'll door some looking around and maybe Langham will chime in soon with some more info.

If I can finally kick this food poisoning I'm up for it!
rongi#401
7/31/2017 2:04pm
and if langham doesn't wanna burn out his secret spots he can feel free to PM Whistling
rongi#401
7/31/2017 2:06pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Last winter I was scoping some spots near Santa Clarita, it's a coin toss if you'd get in trouble or not. But I feel like there's...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
I have a few buddies with a riding area near SCV up in the hills, but nothing in any washes. I'll door some looking around and...
I have a few buddies with a riding area near SCV up in the hills, but nothing in any washes. I'll door some looking around and maybe Langham will chime in soon with some more info.

hey PM me more info on the hills spot, id love to find a spot also to build some lips for hill jumps, seeing how wyvern seems to be kapootz in recent days
gabrielito
7/31/2017 2:14pm
Arnold Beach in Oxnard use to be a great sand track with no jumps.
SCR
7/31/2017 2:24pm
gabrielito wrote:
Arnolds. Used to go there all the time in the 70s and early 80s. Arnolds and ventura river bed were good prat ice for Indian Dunes.
I'm surprised to see anyone on a bike anywhere in the Santa Clarita river bed anymore. It's practically an act of terrorism anymore.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
7/31/2017 2:27pm

mattyhamz2 wrote:
I have a few buddies with a riding area near SCV up in the hills, but nothing in any washes. I'll door some looking around and...

rongi#401 wrote:
hey PM me more info on the hills spot, id love to find a spot also to build some lips for hill jumps, seeing how wyvern...
hey PM me more info on the hills spot, id love to find a spot also to build some lips for hill jumps, seeing how wyvern seems to be kapootz in recent days
i'll get some info and send it your way
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
7/31/2017 3:08pm
Some people have been riding off crooked palm road after it crosses under hwy 33. I see the tire tracks when I ride my road bike on the bike path up to ojai.
rongi#401
7/31/2017 3:29pm
there we go now were rockin!!! ive gone up cisar road a few times, its quite a ways of just access roads tho. problem is once you get to where you could cut in a track, youve already burned throo 1/4 tank
rongi#401
7/31/2017 3:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2017 3:31pm
gabrielito wrote:
SCR wrote:
Arnolds. Used to go there all the time in the 70s and early 80s. Arnolds and ventura river bed were good prat ice for Indian Dunes...
Arnolds. Used to go there all the time in the 70s and early 80s. Arnolds and ventura river bed were good prat ice for Indian Dunes.
I'm surprised to see anyone on a bike anywhere in the Santa Clarita river bed anymore. It's practically an act of terrorism anymore.
are you talking about the dune sanctuary? im sure theyd shoot you nowadays lol. also theres a spot just south of la conchita but its very small, it would be sick if you could get to an empty beach thats not accessible by road
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/31/2017 5:17pm
There is a mega bitchen sand wash track at my grandpa's ranch in Acton, but he only lets family ride on his property. There used to be a spot by 1000 trails (next door to my grandpa's ranch) that we'd all ride, but not sure if it's a bust or not nowadays though.
RBernardi85
7/31/2017 5:59pm
There's a little spot by the Ventura harbor. I've been riding there a hand full of times, and never been busted. Not sure how it is now been about a year since I've been there.
RockyRider
Fantasy
3372nd
7/31/2017 8:15pm
rongi#401 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Me and a few buddies will be driving down Saturday from Nor Cal, should be good as always
rongi#401
7/31/2017 10:25pm
does anyone know anyhting about the old hondaland in simi?? i heard its still there, but then some people have said theres buildings there now
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
7/31/2017 11:47pm
BobPA wrote:
Thank god for mute
X 2. I didn't know the Chipmunks were still together
RBernardi85
8/1/2017 6:57am
rongi#401 wrote:
does anyone know anyhting about the old hondaland in simi?? i heard its still there, but then some people have said theres buildings there now
One photo looks like it's no longer there, and another looks operational. Might just have to go scout it out.
SCR
8/1/2017 7:50am
gabrielito wrote:
SCR wrote:
Arnolds. Used to go there all the time in the 70s and early 80s. Arnolds and ventura river bed were good prat ice for Indian Dunes...
rongi#401 wrote:
are you talking about the dune sanctuary? im sure theyd shoot you nowadays lol. also theres a spot just south of la conchita but its very...
are you talking about the dune sanctuary? im sure theyd shoot you nowadays lol. also theres a spot just south of la conchita but its very small, it would be sick if you could get to an empty beach thats not accessible by road
No. Indian Dunes the famous motocross park that was actually in the Santa Clarita river up by magic mountain.
rongi#401
8/1/2017 8:08am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 8:11am
SCR wrote:
rongi#401 wrote:
are you talking about the dune sanctuary? im sure theyd shoot you nowadays lol. also theres a spot just south of la conchita but its very...
SCR wrote:
No. Indian Dunes the famous motocross park that was actually in the Santa Clarita river up by magic mountain.
if you re read what he said, youl see that he said arnold beach is great practice for indian dunes. i know where indian dunes was. you turned in at that stop light thats in the middle of nowhere on the 126 just before SC. i said dune sanctuary because along the beach between ventura and oxnard theres a protected dune area that looks like the beach section in crustys 3 brazil, and my dad said they used to ride there until some fing sand squirrel had to be protected and now its like a huge deal if you even walk in there theyl literally jail you
Sparkey
8/1/2017 8:41am
rongi#401 wrote:
One photo looks like it's no longer there, and another looks operational. Might just have to go scout it out.
Honda Land. RIP. Rode there many times in the 80's. Always went when the supercross or Nat schedule was back east on the weekends. Pretty much taken over by a sprawling Simi Valley. Only a memory now
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
8/1/2017 8:53am
It's still undeveloped, but no longer the moto heaven it once was.

Hallzilla
8/1/2017 9:06am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 9:07am
Anyone around these parts have access to a Tractor ? If you do I can get you access to this. In Ventura County.
Yes I'm serious. PM me.

Ohh and 3 wells on the property. 40 Acres

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
8/1/2017 9:50am
Hallzilla wrote:
Anyone around these parts have access to a Tractor ? If you do I can get you access to this. In Ventura County. Yes I'm serious...
Anyone around these parts have access to a Tractor ? If you do I can get you access to this. In Ventura County.
Yes I'm serious. PM me.

Let's do it!! Not too expensive to rent a dozer lol
Hallzilla
8/1/2017 11:04am
Hallzilla wrote:
Anyone around these parts have access to a Tractor ? If you do I can get you access to this. In Ventura County. Yes I'm serious...
Yes I'm serious. PM me.

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Let's do it!! Not too expensive to rent a dozer lol
Best case scenario, someone has a tractor thats needs it to be stored. Barter etc. A Skip loader is all we need. Time is not an issue. It's next to a lake and we can shoot all day ! Want to make it a club someday.

Post a reply to: river bottom tracks in so cal?

The Latest