riding drinks?

888moto
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 10:46am
need some advise on what's the best sports drink to take before,while and after riding,something for focus,strength.... kinda thinking that my redbull addiction is getting out of had.thinking about cytomax...or ??? any help would be great.thanx
|
B DUB 333
12/2/2010 11:55am
RED BULL OUT OF HAND!!!!! NEVERRRRRRR!!!! I drink about 6 a day and love da shit.
TeamGreen
12/2/2010 12:03pm
Hammer Nutrition and CytoMax have products for every need.

Good luck.
NeWskoolmxer
12/2/2010 12:10pm
Trust me this is the best to get you hydrated. A LOT of pro's drink this stuff and it works.

CrashMaster
12/2/2010 12:11pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
RED BULL OUT OF HAND!!!!! NEVERRRRRRR!!!! I drink about 6 a day and love da shit.
While it rots out your teeth. YUM!

The Shop

Cory976
12/2/2010 12:27pm
ENDURA ! . . . RACE FUEL FOR YOUR BODY ! (LOL!)
sxf138
12/2/2010 12:35pm
Cytomax, can't go wrong with it.
12/2/2010 12:37pm
Most supplements/sport drinks are a multi-billion dollar a year sham. All you need is a diet that includes VBM. Variety, Balance, Moderation. If that's your diet, all you need is water. If not, something like pedialyte can supplement some things but without a solid diet, nothing will work for you..

If you're buying anything else, you're pissing away your money, LITERALLY.
Torco1
12/2/2010 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2010 12:46pm
TripleFive wrote:
Most supplements/sport drinks are a multi-billion dollar a year sham. All you need is a diet that includes VBM. Variety, Balance, Moderation. If that's your diet...
Most supplements/sport drinks are a multi-billion dollar a year sham. All you need is a diet that includes VBM. Variety, Balance, Moderation. If that's your diet, all you need is water. If not, something like pedialyte can supplement some things but without a solid diet, nothing will work for you..

What he said......and he should know, he's 83 years old.
12/2/2010 12:45pm
Any body that will tell you different from what I said will likely rely on testimony for their argument, which as you know, is probably unsubstantiated.

Another thing, never get ANY nutritional advice from anyone that is not a Registered Nutritionist. They're the only ones you can trust.
888moto
12/2/2010 12:54pm
thanx for all the feed back !!!!!
Torco1
12/2/2010 1:14pm
888moto wrote:
I drink lots of water all week long, I mean LOTS to the point where I'm pissing all day long. The day before I'm going to ride I drink even more and when I go to the track I take a gallon of water with me and force myself to drink it even when I'm not thirsty. Ever since I started doing that I never find myself getting thirsty or dehydrated when riding. Now there are probably benefits to using some recovery drinks for after riding that would help muscles and other things, but like TripleFive said, if you eat healthy and keep your system in balance you should have the things you need to recover naturally.
sxf138
12/2/2010 1:51pm
TripleFive wrote:
Any body that will tell you different from what I said will likely rely on testimony for their argument, which as you know, is probably unsubstantiated...
Any body that will tell you different from what I said will likely rely on testimony for their argument, which as you know, is probably unsubstantiated.

Another thing, never get ANY nutritional advice from anyone that is not a Registered Nutritionist. They're the only ones you can trust.
That is true.... Ive been experimenting with coconut water for shits and giggs, but i cannot say I have noticed anything significant.
888moto
12/2/2010 1:56pm
888moto wrote:
Torco1 wrote:
I drink lots of water all week long, I mean LOTS to the point where I'm pissing all day long. The day before I'm going to...
I drink lots of water all week long, I mean LOTS to the point where I'm pissing all day long. The day before I'm going to ride I drink even more and when I go to the track I take a gallon of water with me and force myself to drink it even when I'm not thirsty. Ever since I started doing that I never find myself getting thirsty or dehydrated when riding. Now there are probably benefits to using some recovery drinks for after riding that would help muscles and other things, but like TripleFive said, if you eat healthy and keep your system in balance you should have the things you need to recover naturally.
ya i def drink lots of water,but some times need a little kick,think i might start to try cytomax for recovery...
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
12/2/2010 1:58pm
888moto wrote:
Torco1 wrote:
I drink lots of water all week long, I mean LOTS to the point where I'm pissing all day long. The day before I'm going to...
Do you stop riding to P or do ya just "let it go"?
Cody24
Fantasy
2702nd
12/2/2010 2:05pm
LOTS of water is key, Pedialite and Gatorade are helpful to your muscles too. I've tried Gatorades new "Pre game fuel" and "Recovery drinks" and they are the only thing I've ever tried that I have actually been able to notice a difference with. They seem to recharge your muscles so that the second moto doesn't seem so intense. But if your not drinking enough water in the first place then nothing will help.
Torco1
12/2/2010 2:12pm
888moto wrote:
Torco1 wrote:
RonSkj wrote:
Do you stop riding to P or do ya just "let it go"?
I wear a condom when I ride and fill it up as I go.
sxf138
12/2/2010 2:19pm
888moto wrote:
Torco1 wrote:
888moto wrote:
ya i def drink lots of water,but some times need a little kick,think i might start to try cytomax for recovery...
If your diet is right you shouldn't need a "kick"..... It is all in the food. I like to start my days with either oatmeal or mini wheats, soy milk, a bananna, sliced apple, a glass of pomogranate juice, some almonds, and that will last me the car ride and my first moto of the day. Usually on practice days, try to make it a habit to snack after each moto. Ill bring some wheat thins, triscuts, kiwis, strawberrys, grapes and nuts and after each moto ill have a few of each. Im not syaing this is proven to work, I just found it works for me. Oh and water is key! Like torco said, bring a gallon and force youself to drink it throughout the day.
12/2/2010 2:25pm
If you guys only knew what some of the pro's "diets" were you would shit yourself. Obviosouly alot of guys take it all serious, but I was blown away to found out how many pro's eat crap food every meal and half assed work out. It was extra frusterating when I was watching everything I did off the track, and they would still fly by me 30 minutes into a moto. Some people are just born to be incredible on a dirt bike.
BLAHBLAH
12/2/2010 5:10pm
Torco1 wrote:
I wear a condom when I ride and fill it up as I go.
Anyone who intentionaly pisses themselves while riding (not racing) is disgusting. Never understood it never will.
fun rider
12/2/2010 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2010 5:24pm
Trust me this is the best to get you hydrated. A LOT of pro's drink this stuff and it works. [img]https://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/09/07/fashion/09pedia190.1.jpg[/img]
Trust me this is the best to get you hydrated. A LOT of pro's drink this stuff and it works.

I think Racer X trainer the pros and cons on this stuff. Millsaps used it at in trainning and won hima race using it I think it has a few side affects though.

Gatorade or power aid mixed into a 1/4 of a bottle of red bull monster ect works good for the last moto of the day the only problem with energy drinks is they dehydrate you and gives you a massive low at the end.

Water all the way
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
12/2/2010 5:21pm
TripleFive wrote:
Most supplements/sport drinks are a multi-billion dollar a year sham. All you need is a diet that includes VBM. Variety, Balance, Moderation. If that's your diet...

Triple 5

i agree on an amature level and dissagree on a proffessional level.

At an amature level, a basic healthy diet, decent excersice program and focussed on bike training is the best method and would keep you in good steed health wise.

At a proffessional national level, where all the riders do (or should do/the champions do) is train for racing, be it on the bike or off. When your training, riding and focussing so much, it has to take a toll on the body. And i feel that this is where the energy drinks, (powerade, cytomax etc...) would be vitally important to maintain the intensity and recover after a day on the track and/or at the gym, and be able to back it up day after day. they would burn through so much calories, fat, protien every single day that simple food and water would not be enough IMHO

since the question was about amatures, you are completely correct. just thought i would bring up the pro rider angle.

PS. i've heard of people suffering brain damage and the such from drinking too much water and the sodium being flushed out of their system.... not sure if its relevant but it could be when racing on a crazy hot day??
12/2/2010 6:02pm
^ I see your point but I still maintain that a VBM (variety, balance, moderation) diet would be all that professional athlete needs UNLESS time is a factor. I can see where eating alone would not be effective if you're hitting hard every day of the week. In that case you probably don't want to be eating everything you need or else you'd be eating constantly.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
12/2/2010 6:10pm
TripleFive wrote:
^ I see your point but I still maintain that a VBM (variety, balance, moderation) diet would be all that professional athlete needs UNLESS time is...
^ I see your point but I still maintain that a VBM (variety, balance, moderation) diet would be all that professional athlete needs UNLESS time is a factor. I can see where eating alone would not be effective if you're hitting hard every day of the week. In that case you probably don't want to be eating everything you need or else you'd be eating constantly.
or maybe all motocrossers should eat like this
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
12/2/2010 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2010 6:53pm
Trust me this is the best to get you hydrated. A LOT of pro's drink this stuff and it works. [img]https://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/09/07/fashion/09pedia190.1.jpg[/img]

I mix that stuff with my water for the enduros. I like the fruit punch the best.
sxf138
12/2/2010 8:16pm
If you guys only knew what some of the pro's "diets" were you would shit yourself. Obviosouly alot of guys take it all serious, but I...
If you guys only knew what some of the pro's "diets" were you would shit yourself. Obviosouly alot of guys take it all serious, but I was blown away to found out how many pro's eat crap food every meal and half assed work out. It was extra frusterating when I was watching everything I did off the track, and they would still fly by me 30 minutes into a moto. Some people are just born to be incredible on a dirt bike.
BS
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
12/2/2010 8:59pm
If you guys only knew what some of the pro's "diets" were you would shit yourself. Obviosouly alot of guys take it all serious, but I...
sxf138 wrote:
BS
Not bs...take a look at the offroad scene sometimes. You'd be amazed at how many out of shape people could really get good results.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
12/2/2010 9:02pm
sxf138 wrote:
BS
Not bs...take a look at the offroad scene sometimes. You'd be amazed at how many out of shape people could really get good results.
Offroad and motocross/supercross are two very different things and require a different sort of fitness

i would say off road is more general bike fitness to ride for 3 hours

wheras motocross/supercross needs intense cardio and muscle fitness to maintain the increased intensity of the races

Post a reply to: riding drinks?

The Latest