riding backwards on the track - Webb

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2016 10:21 AM

just curious --- don't i remember ward loosing a race or getting dq'd for rolling down a jump the wrong way? it was described in the rule book as going the wrong way on the track..... was a big no-no I remember..... Did Webb not ride backwards on the track?

|

1/17/2016 10:31 AM

find something better to do that's ridiculous

|

1/17/2016 10:32 AM

Glover was DQ'ed at the USGP at Carlsbad for riding backwards on the track to bump start his bike. IIRC if you are on the face of a jump and cannot safely turn the bike around you can go backwards to get to a flat space to turn around. Cannot comment on last night as i did not get a chance to see the race.

|

1/17/2016 10:33 AM

No.. He's right. Guys have gotten docked for going half that far backwards.

I think Ama is being more laid back on this because I don't remember it happening to a big guy since RC 05 A1.

|

1/17/2016 10:35 AM

I saw Pourcel riding backwards the whole evening and nobody did anything.
wink

|

1/17/2016 10:37 AM

Magoo was called on it as well.

|

1/17/2016 10:39 AM

cayman wrote:

wink

Good one !!

|

1/17/2016 10:41 AM

cayman wrote:

wink

langhammx wrote:

Good one !!

Har! Very well played indeed.

|

1/17/2016 10:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2016 10:50 AM

Gringoe wrote:

No.. He's right. Guys have gotten docked for going half that far backwards.

I think Ama is being more laid back on this ...more

Did they actually penalize RC for that? I watched that race last week and he rode half a rhythm section backwards past oncoming traffic and fell down again in the berm while trying to turn around. He finished the race in 3rd and kept that position according to the record books. Or did he get a time penalty which made no difference since he was far ahead of the 4th place finisher?

Google answered my question. It was a time penalty.

"Carmichael was hit with a five-second penalty for riding backwards on the track. Since he crossed the line 6.3 seconds ahead of Tortelli, he still ended up with the third position."

|

1/17/2016 10:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2016 10:49 AM

cayman wrote:

wink

Choose your "slights" wisely...

I saw plenty of Factory Bikes going a lot slower/worse than Christophe and very few people could match his fastest lap...PERIOD.

Note: I just counted -5- of them.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

1/17/2016 10:44 AM

IMO Webb is the new poster boy thus he'll get away with silly shit so long as he doesn't do anything way out there... Peike
To me he looked like a D rider trying to get back on the track. Dude got thrown off his path and didn't know what to do. Can't say I wouldn't have done the same as him, but then again nobody pays me to ride either.

|

1/17/2016 10:45 AM

cayman wrote:

wink

Photo

|

1/17/2016 10:46 AM

Suppose you ride backwards until the leaders come back around?...w00t

|

Some of these posts are like reading closed caption on the cartoon channel...

Hello?..Vital?...

1/17/2016 10:48 AM

colintrax wrote:

IMO Webb is the new poster boy thus he'll get away with silly shit so long as he doesn't do anything way out there... Peike
...more

Glad to see from your couch he looked like a d rider. You realize he was dodging bikes too?

He really looked like a D rider when he went from 10 to first too.

|

1/17/2016 10:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2016 10:50 AM

cayman wrote:

wink

Stop picking on Pursesell...! There's always next week...sideways

|

Who Ever Dies With The Most Toys Wins...
No Point Waiting Till Then... Newman Wins

1/17/2016 10:51 AM

cayman wrote:

wink

He's a fellow countryman for you so I guess it's okay for you to say that. Hell Barcia did it last week.

|

1/17/2016 10:54 AM

First thing I thought of, when I saw that, was that he was going to be docked positions. Are they cutting the star rider a lot of extra slack? As far as I know, it's against the rules, and he should've been popped for it.

|

1/17/2016 10:55 AM

colintrax wrote:

...more

Gringoe wrote:

Glad to see from your couch he looked like a d rider. You realize he was dodging bikes too?

He really looked like a D rider ...more

Glad to see you pick and choose what my comment means. I specifically said when trying to get back on the track. He's an impressive athlete by all accounts.. but that misjudment made him look like a fool for a second.
You would expect any professional rider to put a foot down and pivot. Not do the leg flair and start riding the track backwards.

|

1/17/2016 11:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2016 11:06 AM

I say Webb starts last,... every 15 lap main,... gives the field a 5 second head start & still wins the title... He may still
win a couple ... snack pack ain't got nothin' for him, Joey Sav. either...

But it's not over till the fat lady sings...

|

Who Ever Dies With The Most Toys Wins...
No Point Waiting Till Then... Newman Wins

1/17/2016 11:05 AM

Ward was not penalized for doing that at the Rose Bowl, if he was Broc Glover would have been SX champion.

|

1/17/2016 11:51 AM

Last time that happened was in 05. A1 RC road backward and got docked.

|

1/17/2016 11:55 AM

Backwards and cut the corner of the track...even looked like he gained a position doing it. Not that he wouldn't have passed those guys anyhow, but surprised Jeff and Ralph didn't even mention it.

|

1/17/2016 12:17 PM

AMA has a mindset of "ah he crashed, now he is allowed to do anything". It's not only Webb but others in the past (like Villopoto skipping a whole lane, or Baggett an entire section on High Point). It's ridicilous but at least they are consistent (well in recent past then) ...

|

"Ryan Dungey will always wonder how he can be a better son, brother, partner and racer. Because if you are satisfied, you will never be able to dream" ~ Troy Adamitis

1/17/2016 12:19 PM

KlootZak wrote:

AMA has a mindset of "ah he crashed, now he is allowed to do anything". It's not only Webb but others in the past (like ...more

No. RC had also crashed. He got docked. It is the inconsistency of the AMA's rational when applying fines, discapline that drives the racers nuts.

|

1/17/2016 12:26 PM

40Plus_922mx wrote:

No. RC had also crashed. He got docked. It is the inconsistency of the AMA's rational when applying fines, discapline that ...more

I agree but that was 11 years ago ... The 'current' AMA is (in my opinion) much more free on that aspect

|

"Ryan Dungey will always wonder how he can be a better son, brother, partner and racer. Because if you are satisfied, you will never be able to dream" ~ Troy Adamitis

1/17/2016 12:29 PM

Technically, and by all accounts, he did ride backwards on the track. I commented on it too, and was not at all surprised to see nothing come of it.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

1/17/2016 12:37 PM

KlootZak wrote:

AMA has a mindset of "ah he crashed, now he is allowed to do anything". It's not only Webb but others in the past (like ...more

40Plus_922mx wrote:

No. RC had also crashed. He got docked. It is the inconsistency of the AMA's rational when applying fines, discapline that ...more

KlootZak wrote:

I agree but that was 11 years ago ... The 'current' AMA is (in my opinion) much more free on that aspect

Exactly. Which is the problem.

|

1/17/2016 1:53 PM

cayman wrote:

wink

That's the best line I've heard all day!!!

|

1/17/2016 4:02 PM

Bultaco wrote:

Magoo was called on it as well.

And at a race shortly after that penalty didn't he stop right before the finish while winning and turn around in the seat and actually ride the bike backwards across the finish line?

He thought the penalty was silly under the circumstances and practiced sitting backwards just to give a big finger to the AMA.

I sure miss the late 70's/early 80's.

|

1/17/2016 4:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2016 4:09 PM

Riding backwards on the track?

Best ask Crash82 - that idiot is an expert on the subject......

pinch

|