reeds helment

Related:
Create New Tag

2/24/2018 7:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2018 8:58 PM

Does anyone know if fox is making a limited edtion 228 reed helmet and if bell is also making hills helmet

|

2/24/2018 8:02 PM

If you are talking about the helmet he was wearing it's a stocker V3

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

2/24/2018 8:10 PM

Na the one he wore for the mainPhoto

|

2/24/2018 8:12 PM

TYLER LUVES THIS HELMENT TOO. SUSUKI COLORS

|

2/24/2018 8:13 PM

Oh sick not sure how I missed that haha.. Yeah that looks rad

|

2/24/2018 8:16 PM

Re-enroll in first grade.

|

2/24/2018 8:18 PM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

Does anyone know if fox is making a limited edtion 228 reed helmet and if bell is also making hills helmet

The Reed helmet was a replica of his first helmet he raced in the states (which was a Thor actually), Fox had it done. Hill's was painted by Tagger Designs. Either could be replicated, especially the Hill one by just hitting up Tagger directly.

As far as I'm aware, neither are going into production.

|

2/24/2018 8:28 PM

ML512 wrote:

The Reed helmet was a replica of his first helmet he raced in the states (which was a Thor actually), Fox had it done. Hill's was painted by Tagger Designs. Either could be replicated, especially the Hill one by just hitting up Tagger directly.

Thanks yea I thought it was a long shot

|

2/24/2018 8:36 PM

Photo

|

2/24/2018 10:00 PM

|

2/24/2018 10:04 PM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

Looks VERY similar to his Thor 2004 Sig helmet. Photo

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

2/24/2018 10:07 PM

Here is a horrible screenshot of Hill's helmet. Looks easy enough. Big flames and iust a couple colors. Photo

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

2/24/2018 10:26 PM

Makes me want a Slim Jim and I don't believe they were ever available here?

|

2/24/2018 10:32 PM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

Here is a horrible screenshot of Hill's helmet. Looks easy enough. Big flames and iust a couple colors. Photo

From Pit Bits
Photo

|

2/25/2018 11:22 AM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Looks VERY similar to his Thor 2004 Sig helmet. Photo

Still have this helmet. Bought it as a clearance for my son as his first helmet.

|

2/25/2018 11:43 PM

crusher773 wrote:

Still have this helmet. Bought it as a clearance for my son as his first helmet.

I just picked up one of Reed's Thor Replicas, brand new in the box. Tags and stickers still on it, Rad Helmet for sure!

|

2/26/2018 3:42 AM

jemcee wrote:

From Pit Bits
Photo

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/26/2018 4:32 AM

Photo

|

2/26/2018 4:52 AM

Those are so amazing!!! I love the era of custom painted helmets, it's nice to see a few guys doing it again.

|

2/26/2018 4:54 AM

Bramlett321 wrote:

Those are so amazing!!! I love the era of custom painted helmets, it's nice to see a few guys doing it again.

x2

|

2/26/2018 5:02 AM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I thought it was a replica. That's pretty cool!

|

2/26/2018 5:21 AM

Hill and Reed definitely stepping up the custom paint jobs! Looks awesome Tag, need more of this!

|

2/26/2018 5:46 AM

Yeah, as far as custom helmets go that does look like an "easy" one. Easy if you have the patience and vision to lay all of it out...that's where I come up way short and case the double.laughing

I admire the hell out of guys that can put those designs together.

|

2/26/2018 6:37 AM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

How does Thor feel about this? Seems kind of strange to have one brand make a replica of another brand

|

2/26/2018 6:51 AM

I give Hill alot of credit for having a legit old school style painted helmet. Helmet designs have been kind of boring with all the branding plastered on them. I know you have to pay the bills but I miss the creative flair of the past.

|

2/26/2018 6:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2018 6:53 AM

I miss the Troy Lee and SND custom painted helmets!

|

2/26/2018 7:00 AM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

zookrider62! wrote:

How does Thor feel about this? Seems kind of strange to have one brand make a replica of another brand

If it was sold, there might be a lil squawking but it was a one-off replica to celebrate the rider's career, no one will be up in arms about that.

|

2/26/2018 7:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2018 7:48 AM

newmann wrote:

Yeah, as far as custom helmets go that does look like an "easy" one. Easy if you have the patience and vision to lay all of it out...that's where I come up way short and case the double.laughing

I admire the hell out of guys that can put those designs together.

I've been painting helmets for about a year. When I got a vinyl cutter it changed my life. This helmet kind of makes me want to add flames to the helmet that I'm currently working on.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

2/26/2018 9:09 AM

ML512 wrote:

zookrider62! wrote:

ML512 wrote:

If it was sold, there might be a lil squawking but it was a one-off replica to celebrate the rider's career, no one will be up in arms about that.

Makes sense, thanks

|