recluse auto clutch

T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
11/30/2019 1:58am
Gym Briggs wrote:
There’s a better one that’s been created that nobody has tried it. Easy to install, easy to use, much better design. Everyone would use it if...
There’s a better one that’s been created that nobody has tried it. Easy to install, easy to use, much better design. Everyone would use it if they had access to it. Anyone that’s interested in taking over the market PM me. Interesting history behind it.
Post up the info.
kevinr
11/30/2019 5:14am
Gym Briggs wrote:
There’s a better one that’s been created that nobody has tried it. Easy to install, easy to use, much better design. Everyone would use it if...
There’s a better one that’s been created that nobody has tried it. Easy to install, easy to use, much better design. Everyone would use it if they had access to it. Anyone that’s interested in taking over the market PM me. Interesting history behind it.
T-Fish wrote:
Post up the info.
Interested as well. I’m about to pull the trigger on a Radius CX.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
11/30/2019 6:30am
Gym Briggs wrote:
T-Fish wrote:
Post up the info.
kevinr wrote:
Interested as well. I’m about to pull the trigger on a Radius CX.
I’m guessing it doesn’t exist. Rekluse has been around for a very long time and have continued to make their clutches better and better. If there was something better out there, we’d all know about it.

I’ve got a Radius CX in my bike and highly recommend you pull the trigger on one yourself.
face biter
11/30/2019 7:07am
Gym Briggs wrote:
Let me guess, you’re in charge of marketing some unrelated crap?
“ this small company is shaking up the ( insert type of product ) industry, and the competition is not happy about it “

Then show a picture with random unrelated shit photoshopped on it... eg. cartoon flames, some emojis randomly scattered around, maybe a thought bubble with a picture of boobs in it.

The Shop

Gym Briggs
11/30/2019 9:12am
Actually no my uncle invented the best clutch out there. Had trouble bringing it to market. Sat down with a big player in the clutch game but they don’t think there is a market for Rekluse product and something even better. They wanted to shelve it. Or they wanted to pay $10k for the rights for it. My uncle is Paul Austin and my dad is Brian. Ask around about them from Rochester,NY. Some of the best to come from this area.
LungButter
11/30/2019 9:16am
Gym Briggs wrote:
Actually no my uncle invented the best clutch out there. Had trouble bringing it to market. Sat down with a big player in the clutch game...
Actually no my uncle invented the best clutch out there. Had trouble bringing it to market. Sat down with a big player in the clutch game but they don’t think there is a market for Rekluse product and something even better. They wanted to shelve it. Or they wanted to pay $10k for the rights for it. My uncle is Paul Austin and my dad is Brian. Ask around about them from Rochester,NY. Some of the best to come from this area.
So your Uncle invented something by himself in his garage that is better than the team of engineers at Rekluse has come up with after 15 years of development?

Sure....
Gym Briggs
11/30/2019 9:25am
Actually my uncle and dad refined it. Have long history of fabrication and works in a machine shop. Worked with machinists to build it. Idc if you believe me however I have no reason to lie. This info can be verified with anyone who knows my family from D4 WNY.
LungButter
11/30/2019 3:44pm
Gym Briggs wrote:
Actually my uncle and dad refined it. Have long history of fabrication and works in a machine shop. Worked with machinists to build it. Idc if...
Actually my uncle and dad refined it. Have long history of fabrication and works in a machine shop. Worked with machinists to build it. Idc if you believe me however I have no reason to lie. This info can be verified with anyone who knows my family from D4 WNY.
Oh I believe that you think it's better, I just don't think in the real world it is.

I too know hometown mechanics who think they have come up with something that is better than anything on the market....its just that reality usually says its not.
Gym Briggs
11/30/2019 4:26pm
You wouldn’t know if this clutch was in that it wasn’t a conventional clutch. It’s true Hybrid taking all the pros from both auto clutches and conventional clutches. The way it was developed was to fix the problems that current auto clutches have.

Make your way to NY in the spring and would be more than happy to put the clutch to the test! We’ve had issues with manufactures and also other companies inside the industry screwing us over with it.
Gym Briggs
11/30/2019 4:29pm
Oh and I don’t think it’s better I 100% know it’s better.
Broseph
11/30/2019 9:54pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2019 8:44am
Gym Briggs wrote:
Oh and I don’t think it’s better I 100% know it’s better.
That’s cool. You’re being a little light on the details though. What does it do that a Rekluse doesn’t? Also, does it do the things a Radius CX already does like eliminate basket wear, increase plate count and increase torque capacity with stock lever feel?

Edit:
I looked up the patent and it appears to be aimed at making improvements on Rekluse’s old Z-start clutch.

The patent states that there is a need for an auto clutch that is adjustable without pulling the cover and that “does not require manual clutch lever force against the centrifugal pressure plate to obtain manual clutch override”.

While the second improvement is a little ambiguous, I can’t help but think that both of these items have been addressed years ago by the EXP 3.0 system that is found in every Rekluse auto clutch these days.

Here’s the patent number in case anyone else is curious: 20160208868
jmo443
12/1/2019 2:43pm
I can confirm this product is real and believe the claims he’s making. I used it for a bit was having other issues with my bike at the time so didn’t get to use it much.

The family is hardcore Moto and would do and did do anything to help me or anyone else out. I’ve had a frame and a box of parts the night before a race in their garage and was at practice in the morning.

Reckluse is a great product and a great group of guys too so can’t knock it. Would be nice to see more funding into Austin’s product and they could push each other since there is no competition for recluse.

The model I tested was also the very first model they had and it was comparable to what recluse has right now in performance and this is 8 or 10 years ago and they’ve been making improvements ever since.

Briggs shoot me a text sometime. I just bought a new toy hauler and want to know how much I got beat up on it....lol never thought of you until this surfaced for a sales person.
Broseph
12/1/2019 4:08pm
jmo443 wrote:
I can confirm this product is real and believe the claims he’s making. I used it for a bit was having other issues with my bike...
I can confirm this product is real and believe the claims he’s making. I used it for a bit was having other issues with my bike at the time so didn’t get to use it much.

The family is hardcore Moto and would do and did do anything to help me or anyone else out. I’ve had a frame and a box of parts the night before a race in their garage and was at practice in the morning.

Reckluse is a great product and a great group of guys too so can’t knock it. Would be nice to see more funding into Austin’s product and they could push each other since there is no competition for recluse.

The model I tested was also the very first model they had and it was comparable to what recluse has right now in performance and this is 8 or 10 years ago and they’ve been making improvements ever since.

Briggs shoot me a text sometime. I just bought a new toy hauler and want to know how much I got beat up on it....lol never thought of you until this surfaced for a sales person.
The claim he’s making is that it’s better than a Rekluse and solves problems with the current auto clutches on the market. If you’re backing up his claims, can you explain how it’s better than what’s already out there?

Not trying to knock anybody. Just trying to learn what this new clutch is all about.
Gym Briggs
12/1/2019 4:27pm
Clutch feel is identical to conventional, over ride and ability to slip the clutch, no stalling, engine breaking. Literally a conventional clutch with the the benefits from an auto. It’s the hybrid. Easy to install. More plates and fibers in the clutch and the easiest to adjust for fine tuning.
Our issue was getting out into manufacturing. We had one of the biggest aftermarket clutch manufacturers wanted to give us almost nothing for it. For the right company or individual with the resources this could take over the market.
We have used the development of ours to eliminate all the issues of the competition. We have fine tuned ours for over 12 years.
Broseph
12/1/2019 4:38pm
Gym Briggs wrote:
Clutch feel is identical to conventional, over ride and ability to slip the clutch, no stalling, engine breaking. Literally a conventional clutch with the the benefits...
Clutch feel is identical to conventional, over ride and ability to slip the clutch, no stalling, engine breaking. Literally a conventional clutch with the the benefits from an auto. It’s the hybrid. Easy to install. More plates and fibers in the clutch and the easiest to adjust for fine tuning.
Our issue was getting out into manufacturing. We had one of the biggest aftermarket clutch manufacturers wanted to give us almost nothing for it. For the right company or individual with the resources this could take over the market.
We have used the development of ours to eliminate all the issues of the competition. We have fine tuned ours for over 12 years.
What issues with the competition’s clutch are you referring to?

Seems like the Radius CX has identical lever feel to stock, maintains the ability to slip and override the clutch, doesn’t stall, and has good engine braking. What am I missing?

Have you guys thought about getting this out to a magazine? Would be cool if Rekluse had some competition.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
12/1/2019 5:16pm
Gym Briggs wrote:
Clutch feel is identical to conventional, over ride and ability to slip the clutch, no stalling, engine breaking. Literally a conventional clutch with the the benefits...
Just some marketing/business advice......You gotta kick the other company's ass in a few big ways to get their attention before you go to them. Until then, they aren't going to give you what you want for it - or worst case they try to rip you off. You're going to get a serious dose of "not invented here" attitude from them. Also, it could get a lot more expensive - in terms of legal fees. A patent isn't really (technically it may be, but in terms of value it isn't) a patent until you get sued over it and win in court. At that point plus a few good times of kicking their ass, suddenly the big guys will come knocking with legit offers for the technology.

Don't go out to the competition - go to a peripheral company that may be interested in getting into competition with the big guys, and partner with them. If you really have something, it will take off. Go kick the competitions ass and they will come knocking on your door instead of the opposite.
jmo443
12/1/2019 5:30pm
jmo443 wrote:
I can confirm this product is real and believe the claims he’s making. I used it for a bit was having other issues with my bike...

Broseph wrote:
The claim he’s making is that it’s better than a Rekluse and solves problems with the current auto clutches on the market. If you’re backing up...
The claim he’s making is that it’s better than a Rekluse and solves problems with the current auto clutches on the market. If you’re backing up his claims, can you explain how it’s better than what’s already out there?

Not trying to knock anybody. Just trying to learn what this new clutch is all about.
I have not tried one in so many years and I’m unable to ride now so that’s out of the question.

I’m saying what they had back then was as good as what rekluse has now so if they advanced it could be better.
Gym Briggs
12/1/2019 5:43pm
Broseph have you installed a rekluse and if so what was your experience. Ours is like installing a normal clutch. Installation was a big hurdle many had for their initial setup.

Tbones we went to conventional aftermarket clutch companies. They loved the product however didn’t want to take focus off their core product. One of the companies did offer money to buy it however it wasn’t enough and we felt they were just going to shelve it.
I can promise that this would go toe to toe with Rekluse and the clean design would even make it more appealing. With adjustment you could literally pull over and do quicker than swapping goggles.
Broseph
12/1/2019 6:47pm
Gym Briggs wrote:
Broseph have you installed a rekluse and if so what was your experience. Ours is like installing a normal clutch. Installation was a big hurdle many...
Broseph have you installed a rekluse and if so what was your experience. Ours is like installing a normal clutch. Installation was a big hurdle many had for their initial setup.

Tbones we went to conventional aftermarket clutch companies. They loved the product however didn’t want to take focus off their core product. One of the companies did offer money to buy it however it wasn’t enough and we felt they were just going to shelve it.
I can promise that this would go toe to toe with Rekluse and the clean design would even make it more appealing. With adjustment you could literally pull over and do quicker than swapping goggles.
Yeah. The auto function of a Rekluse is basically an extra thick friction disk with weights in it. Drop it in just like changing a clutch pack. From there, you either set the gap adjustment with the cable (most Japanese bikes), slave cylinder (hydro bikes), or adjuster ring (CX cable bikes).

Their old system with balls for weights was a little more confusing.

Does your system work on newer KTMs with the one piece steel basket and dampers inside the hub? Would be cool to see some pictures of your product.
JohnMatrix
12/1/2019 9:44pm
Yes the radius cx is just as broseph described. Drop in their torque drive clutch pack that comes with a disc that has the auto clutch mechanism on it. Once it’s adjusted it almost never needs additional adjustment. I had one in my 350sxf and it feels just like the stock clutch in terms of slipping it, engagement and retaining engine braking. I actually was hoping for mx that it would reduce some engine braking but it doesn’t...so I went back to a 2 stroke.
Monk
12/2/2019 4:05pm
I've been a long time Rekluse user, used ever model since the Revloc days, and used all models of Rekluse in anything from 125s to 500exc... Currently running a CX in my 19 FX350... Previous to that was a 3.0 in my 16 350...my 16 has nearly 600hrs and is still on the stock clutch and I cannot recall if I ever adjusted it either. I race AA/Pro offroad up here in Canada. My 19 has 130hrs, also has the DDS clutch. Unfortunately I've had to adjust it twice now. I am considering swapping the 6 spring from my 16 into my 19 but haven't committed yet...

I don't look at Rekluse clutches as a product, but more of a experience... Lots of guys get opportunities to test them and few have come back with concerns. But the ones who do, much of those concerns can be addressed with simple adjustments as many people really don't set them correctly... But overall, I've only had one experience where I overheated a 3.0 on my YZ250 in which the plated expended and locked together. After a brief cool-down the clutch was normal and never acted up again. Other then that, virtually maintenance free.
Monk
12/2/2019 4:15pm
Gym Briggs wrote:
So what makes it better? Clutch feel on the Radius CX is the same as stock, billet components, proven design, and Rekluses customer service is some of the best.. Installation is not complicated if you use the simple EXP ring, but of you want the full monty it's no more complex or difficult then installing a full Hinson using... Only advantage I could see another company coming in with is elimination of the rollback that a Rekluse presents. Is there something I would be missing?

Post a reply to: recluse auto clutch

The Latest