recluse auto clutch

Related:
Create New Tag

11/28/2019 3:58 PM

i'm planning to buy one for my crf 450 r to use in off road . Any review? it has a lot maintenance?

|

11/28/2019 4:46 PM

I had one for hard enduro. I hated it. The only thing I liked about it was not stalling the bike. Focus on proper clutch control and you dont need auto. I guess everyone's different and I'm sure it benefits some.

|

11/28/2019 5:07 PM

|

why does Kermit's fingers always smell like pork?

11/28/2019 5:19 PM

I have one and like it. Feels like a normal clutch most the time but saved me in low rpm situations when i had arm pump

|

11/28/2019 5:44 PM

I have run one (many different models and bikes) for the last 10 years. The later models if set up correctly are just about fool proof. I still use my clutch all the time but during a 2-3 hour off-road race it saves my ass. For the track it can be help you to carry more speed in the corners and no stalling. Again they must be set up correctly which is easy to do. There are numerous top pros running REKLUSE auto clutches in MX these days along with off-road. If it does not work for you or you don't like it no harm/no foul but I believe it can benefit more people than not. To each his own.

|

11/28/2019 6:51 PM

Bob_Ryan wrote:

I have run one (many different models and bikes) for the last 10 years. The later models if set up correctly are just about fool proof. I still use my clutch all the time but during a 2-3 hour off-road race it saves my ass. For the track it can be help you to carry more speed in the corners and no stalling. Again they must be set up correctly which is easy to do. There are numerous top pros running REKLUSE auto clutches in MX these days along with off-road. If it does not work for you or you don't like it no harm/no foul but I believe it can benefit more people than not. To each his own.

I would find someone who has one and try it first. It's an expensive foul if you dont like it. I found out the hard way unfortunately. You can get some decent suspension work done at the price of a rekluse.

|

11/28/2019 6:55 PM

agn5009 wrote:

I would find someone who has one and try it first. It's an expensive foul if you dont like it. I found out the hard way unfortunately. You can get some decent suspension work done at the price of a rekluse.

Did you try Rekluse’s 30 day money back guarantee?

|

11/28/2019 7:01 PM

Beat me too it !!!

|

11/28/2019 7:35 PM

They are great for faster stuff like gnccs and MX. Or for if you have a 450 and are trying to perform track and trail duty with it. But I can't stand them for hard enduro. They aren't as precise as the OEM setups when the terrain gets really tricky. I'm not talking about people trying to just push/drag the bike through stuff, but when you actually get to where you're trying to clean difficult sections the rekluse becomes a hindrance In my opinion.

|

11/28/2019 8:45 PM

OUMX117 wrote:

They are great for faster stuff like gnccs and MX. Or for if you have a 450 and are trying to perform track and trail duty with it. But I can't stand them for hard enduro. They aren't as precise as the OEM setups when the terrain gets really tricky. I'm not talking about people trying to just push/drag the bike through stuff, but when you actually get to where you're trying to clean difficult sections the rekluse becomes a hindrance In my opinion.

How can it possibly be a hindrance when it works in every way like a stock clutch except it won’t stall?

|

11/28/2019 8:49 PM

It’s one of the greatest things ever to be invented for a motocross bike in my opinion.

|

11/28/2019 8:49 PM

Buy one...break it in correctly...never touch it again.

Use it like a normal clutch....many guys get on my bike and don’t even know a rekluse is in it. Even A class guys.

It’s an almost necessity for an MX 450 off road. And really makes that bike fun off road. Put it in second and ride it, no worry about stalling, slip the clutch to keep it in the power...or let it lug on slippery/low traction sections for maximum traction....win/win.

|

11/28/2019 8:58 PM

Robgvx wrote:

How can it possibly be a hindrance when it works in every way like a stock clutch except it won’t stall?

My experience with the two units I had were that the engagement was far less precise than the OEM clutch, especially at low rpm. lots of people like them. But when you start really focusing on trials-like technique they become a hindrance big time.

|

11/28/2019 10:47 PM

OUMX117 wrote:

Robgvx wrote:

OUMX117 wrote:

My experience with the two units I had were that the engagement was far less precise than the OEM clutch, especially at low rpm. lots of people like them. But when you start really focusing on trials-like technique they become a hindrance big time.

Are/were you using the clutch lever or are you describing the engagement characteristics if you don’t use the lever?

|

11/29/2019 2:28 AM

Dylan Ferrandis likes his.

|

11/29/2019 5:39 AM

It’s like cheating. I can hardly ride a bike without one anymore. I use mine for motocross, and have never had to adjust it.

|

11/29/2019 6:18 AM

Best dirt bike invention ever. I will never own a bike without one. I race hare scrambles and ride moto for practice. I don't know what the one I have is called but it was about $1000 and if you didn't know I had the full auto clutch you couldn't tell it was in there. Feels and operates just like a normal clutch but when you get tired or lazy just mash the shifter or leave it a gear high and let it do to the work for you.

Single best bike mod I have ever done.

|

11/29/2019 6:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2019 6:21 AM

Robgvx wrote:

Are/were you using the clutch lever or are you describing the engagement characteristics if you don’t use the lever?

Yes, it’s while I’m using the lever. I prefer the oem engagement.

|

11/29/2019 6:22 AM

To be clear I think they’re great for MX and faster stuff. And are really great on a 450. but on my tx300 I don’t like them.

|

11/29/2019 7:34 AM

You have made that point, 7 times.

|

11/29/2019 8:07 AM

Two words... torque drive!

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2006 KX250

11/29/2019 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2019 8:26 AM

mg311 wrote:

i'm planning to buy one for my crf 450 r to use in off road . Any review? it has a lot maintenance?

Unless you’re a fast expert/pro, the benefits of a rekluse typically outweigh the detriments. The technology has significantly advanced over the past 10 years, and with near infinite tuning ability, it can replicate OEM “feel” to full-auto engagement.

The most commonly referenced down side is the loss of engine braking, especially down technical descents.

|

"You can't resist the louder pull..."

11/29/2019 8:32 AM

OUMX117 wrote:

To be clear I think they’re great for MX and faster stuff. And are really great on a 450. but on my tx300 I don’t like them.

They’re great on a 450 you say? Like, for instance, the OP’s CRF450? Why didn’t you say so from the beginning? What does a TX300 have to do with the OP’s question?

|

11/29/2019 9:10 AM

Had one on several bikes over last 8 years and it is hard to ride our race one without it. Best thing for this old man. Makes racing and riding one thing less to worry about.

|

11/29/2019 9:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2019 9:18 AM

mg311 wrote:

LoudLove wrote:

Unless you’re a fast expert/pro, the benefits of a rekluse typically outweigh the detriments. The technology has significantly advanced over the past 10 years, and with near infinite tuning ability, it can replicate OEM “feel” to full-auto engagement.

The most commonly referenced down side is the loss of engine braking, especially down technical descents.

Well mine must be different because engine braking (and every other aspect) is identical to stock until it drops to idle revs and disengages itself.

And I don’t get the ‘not for a fast pro’ thing. If I was racing pro these days I’d use one.

|

11/29/2019 10:18 AM

Robgvx wrote:

Well mine must be different because engine braking (and every other aspect) is identical to stock until it drops to idle revs and disengages itself.

And I don’t get the ‘not for a fast pro’ thing. If I was racing pro these days I’d use one.

Exactly. The Rekluse can mimic stock clutch assemblies down to idle, where the “anti-stall” kicks in. However, this feature disengages the clutch, allowing the engine to freewheel, which can be a disadvantage when descending treacherous terrain.

As for pros, they can be notoriously finicky about set-up, and while the Rekluse can imitate “works” clutch assemblies, they cannot replicate them. So that 2% difference the average rider does not notice is an annoyance to guys who ride for a living.

|

11/29/2019 10:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2019 10:26 AM

LoudLove wrote:

Robgvx wrote:

LoudLove wrote:

Exactly. The Rekluse can mimic stock clutch assemblies down to idle, where the “anti-stall” kicks in. However, this feature disengages the clutch, allowing the engine to freewheel, which can be a disadvantage when descending treacherous terrain.

As for pros, they can be notoriously finicky about set-up, and while the Rekluse can imitate “works” clutch assemblies, they cannot replicate them. So that 2% difference the average rider does not notice is an annoyance to guys who ride for a living.

I disagree as far as mine is concerned. It has no effect on engine braking whatsoever and absolutely does not freewheel when riding. You would not know it wasn’t a normal clutch unless I told you.

If I ran a pro team in MX or SX I’d put the Rekluse clutches in the bikes and simply tell them it was a regular version. My guys would never lose a place through stalling, ever.

(I used to race for a living.)

|

11/29/2019 11:38 AM

I have a Radius CX on my 450. Love it. (Vet A MX rider).
One thing to be careful of is It will start in gear with the clutch out. Wick the throttle after it starts, thinking its in neutral, will have the bike shoot out from under you if you're not expecting it... ask me how I know.

|

Name withheld... Esquire

11/29/2019 12:13 PM

I just ordered a radius x yesterday for my yz250 from RM. 10% off so we’ll see how it goes I can’t wait to get it. I race 50/50 Moto and harescrambles in NE and the last harescramble I did, I must have kicked that bike at least a half dozen times or more in an hour and a half, on awkward angles and on top of logs and rocks. Not to mention my clutch finger was worn out with a nice bleeding blister so hopefully this does the trick, I’m thinking it’s just what I need. Hopefully when I open the clutch up the basket isn’t too worn so I can just install those steel basket finger deals and it will keep it from wearing for awhile.

|

11/29/2019 10:00 PM

Robgvx wrote:

I disagree as far as mine is concerned. It has no effect on engine braking whatsoever and absolutely does not freewheel when riding. You would not know it wasn’t a normal clutch unless I told you.

If I ran a pro team in MX or SX I’d put the Rekluse clutches in the bikes and simply tell them it was a regular version. My guys would never lose a place through stalling, ever.

(I used to race for a living.)

On an MX/SX course the difference between stock and Rekluse is negligible. As noted, on technical descents (think hard enduro), the lack of engine braking comes into play. Then again, the advantages far outweigh the detriments, as riders learn to incorporate traditional braking in exchange for the lack of rear-wheel traction at lower RPM.

|