race fuel in a stock bike.

barnett468
3/21/2019 7:50am
barnett468 wrote:
You are very welcome irregardless, lol.
seth505 wrote:
I didn't thank you for anything.
Irregardless, that is why I thanked YOU, lol.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
3/21/2019 8:52am
JBecker 72 wrote:
I think you missed some sarcasm from GrapeApe.
seth505 wrote:
You're right, I just read through after typing that. Posting early in the morning is as bad as drunk posting Grinning
It is understandable, trying to keep up with this guy's different posts and references is like chasing a coked-up squirrel around the house.
Rhody
3/21/2019 9:32am
barnett468 wrote:
"If the bike is built/ mapped to run on pump gas, he will make LESS power with higher octane race gas" Absolutely wrong yet AGAIN, because...
"If the bike is built/ mapped to run on pump gas, he will make LESS power with higher octane race gas"

Absolutely wrong yet AGAIN, because it can, providing the higher octane fuel is highly oxygenated with mtbe, but as I previously mentioned, the jetting and timing should be changed to the optimum level for the fuel to get the most benefit from it.

Ahhhhh, the qualifier "providing the higher octane fuel is highly oxygenated". What is being stated is that the HIGHER OCTANE provides no power benefit. So you bash away on the premise that the gas is oxygenated, when the poster merely states "higher octane". I don't know if all high octane race fuels are oxygenated (I haven't used race gas in decades), and that is not the point here.
TeamGreen
3/21/2019 9:34am
barnett468 wrote:
"If the bike is built/ mapped to run on pump gas, he will make LESS power with higher octane race gas" Absolutely wrong yet AGAIN, because...
"If the bike is built/ mapped to run on pump gas, he will make LESS power with higher octane race gas"

Absolutely wrong yet AGAIN, because it can, providing the higher octane fuel is highly oxygenated with mtbe, but as I previously mentioned, the jetting and timing should be changed to the optimum level for the fuel to get the most benefit from it.

Rhody wrote:
Ahhhhh, the qualifier "providing the higher octane fuel is highly oxygenated". What is being stated is that the HIGHER OCTANE provides no power benefit. So you...
Ahhhhh, the qualifier "providing the higher octane fuel is highly oxygenated". What is being stated is that the HIGHER OCTANE provides no power benefit. So you bash away on the premise that the gas is oxygenated, when the poster merely states "higher octane". I don't know if all high octane race fuels are oxygenated (I haven't used race gas in decades), and that is not the point here.
You, sir, are making entirely too much sense and you are hereby awarded the "Spoiler Trophy"!

Laughing

The Shop

barnett468
3/21/2019 10:04am
barnett468 wrote:

Rhody wrote:
Ahhhhh, the qualifier "providing the higher octane fuel is highly oxygenated". What is being stated is that the HIGHER OCTANE provides no power benefit. So you...
Wow, try some reading comprehension classes. He says higher octane race gas, not just higher octane, and he is 110% wrong, and you or any other "expert" on here can call vp and ask their tech guys which I already provided the phone number for if you really were interested in learning something, but it is so blatantly obvious that you and several others would rather continue to make incorrect statements regarding fuels etc thereby making yourselves look foolish instead of simply dialing vp's phone number ,which is one of the reasons I am LMFAO at some of the posts here.
Red Crawford
3/21/2019 10:09am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2019 10:15am
I run T4 in my XR200.....

.....the stroker and hc piston approve! Wink
racerx217
3/21/2019 11:15am
why are we still arguing about this? what are you guys 12?
Tracktor
3/21/2019 11:27am
If the bike is built/ mapped to run on pump gas, he will make LESS power with higher octane race gas. Higher octane allows for higher...
If the bike is built/ mapped to run on pump gas, he will make LESS power with higher octane race gas. Higher octane allows for higher compression and more ignition timing w/o detonating. This is what makes the power, not the gas itself, unless it is oxygenated.
barnett468 wrote:

OMG!!
That post wins the interwebs today. He insists you are completely wrong then agrees with you 110% just using different words. Well, except oxygenated, you both used that..............
Bruce372
3/21/2019 11:45am
racerx217 wrote:
why are we still arguing about this? what are you guys 12?
I was thinking the same, has anyone won the internet today?

That said, apparently I am an idiot so I should probably do the world a favor and stop thinking! Evil
motox331
3/21/2019 1:25pm
soooo what does everyone here think about Rotella?
77Moto
3/21/2019 1:36pm
What Sunoco ya'll runnin? It easy to get here.
blusmbl
3/21/2019 2:45pm
Ranman68 wrote:
If the compression ratio of the engine isn't high enough to need a higher octane fuel, then higher octane fuel won't give it more power at...
If the compression ratio of the engine isn't high enough to need a higher octane fuel, then higher octane fuel won't give it more power at all. In fact it can lower power. Higher octane fuel doesn't detonate as quickly as lower octane fuel. It does burn cleaner and leaves less carbon buildup on piston and plug, but if the engine isnt predetonating and needing more octane, race fuel doesnt do shit. The 112-114 ctane stuff can actually make less horsepower in a stock engine. The air density plays a part too. At higher altitudes, even less octane is needed.

This is all true. The people I know who build motors to run at altitude usually increase the compression by 1-2 points to partially offset the lack of oxygen, and also change cam timing events to help build cylinder pressure.

At the pumps I've seen in Denver, you can get 85 octane fuel. I've never seen that here in the midwest.

As an aside, modern cars with knock sensors usually do benefit from running premium, you will get better fuel economy running higher octane fuel up until the point it's no longer pulling spark out, and it will make more power. My Raptor loses a few percent in fuel economy going from 93 to 87 and the tipin response suffers as well.

A dirtbike without a knock sensor or an O2 sensor is going to be at the mercy of whatever the stock cal is, but you will notice a difference going from an E10 fuel to an E0 fuel in terms of how the bike runs. If it was calibrated for E0 fuel and there isn't any O2 feedback, it's going to be 4% lean just switching to an E10 fuel without touching anything else.
Frank
3/21/2019 3:13pm
77Moto wrote:
Sorry but sadly like all vital mx threads this is no longer about fuel or the thread topic line. You will need to find the truth elsewhere. I suggest doing the testing yourself. Just a hint. This is strictly a validation/drama queen forum.
Ranman68
3/21/2019 4:13pm
JBecker 72 wrote:
I think you missed some sarcasm from GrapeApe.
seth505 wrote:
You're right, I just read through after typing that. Posting early in the morning is as bad as drunk posting Grinning
GrapeApe wrote:
It is understandable, trying to keep up with this guy's different posts and references is like chasing a coked-up squirrel around the house.
At least I can say I discovered a cool, new metaphor in this disastrous thread. "Chasing a coked up squirrel around the house". I've never heard that. I like it.
cody41
3/22/2019 2:27am
Are those that swear by race fuel the same that swear by rotella?
mxb2
3/22/2019 4:37pm
Anything pump isnt consistent. , Regular, cam2, vp. Its still from.a pump.
Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
3/22/2019 8:28pm
barnett468 wrote:
You are very welcome irregardless, lol.
seth505 wrote:
I didn't thank you for anything.
barnett468 wrote:
Irregardless, that is why I thanked YOU, lol.

zehn
3/22/2019 8:39pm
Anybody who claims to be a subject matter expert on anything but uses the word “irregardless”... lol
barnett468
3/22/2019 9:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2019 10:19pm
LOL, as one can see, the "mentally challenged" ones are back with their feeble, infantile, comments, and have absolutely zero useful info for you regarding your topic, which is because they don't know anything of value about it, but they do know how to act like petulant, needy children that are desperately seeking attention through their mildly amusing, but pathetic antics.

Bruce372
3/22/2019 9:23pm
barnett468 wrote:
LOL, as one can see, the "mentally challenged" ones are back with their feeble, infantile, comments, and have absolutely zero useful info for you regarding your...
LOL, as one can see, the "mentally challenged" ones are back with their feeble, infantile, comments, and have absolutely zero useful info for you regarding your topic, which is because they don't know anything of value about it, but they do know how to act like petulant, needy children that are desperately seeking attention through their mildly amusing, but pathetic antics.

Giddy up!
barnett468
3/22/2019 9:25pm
zehn wrote:
Anybody who claims to be a subject matter expert on anything but uses the word “irregardless”... lol
hmmmm...I must have missed the post where someone claimed to be an expert on anything, but maybe that's because nobody did and it is merely your inability to understand what you are reading that led you to believe that someone did. Perhaps if you would have stayed in school past the 3rd grade, your reading comprehension skills wouldn't be so "unimpressive", lol.

Bruce372
3/22/2019 9:45pm
77Moto wrote:
bvm111 wrote:
In my KX450 I run 260 GTX, unleaded, non oxygenated, no mtbe, no ethanol, 98 octane, 93 motor, 103 research

Good stuff

https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/fuel/260-gtx
I used to run a lot of that, it's a bit of a boring fuel, but a good running fuel. Loved the stuff
3/22/2019 9:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2019 9:49pm
barnett468 wrote:
LOL, as one can see, the "mentally challenged" ones are back with their feeble, infantile, comments, and have absolutely zero useful info for you regarding your...

Bruce372 wrote:
Giddy up!
It's like watching a Rocky movie.
I got tears BTW from your comment
bvm111
3/22/2019 9:49pm
77Moto wrote:
bvm111 wrote:
In my KX450 I run 260 GTX, unleaded, non oxygenated, no mtbe, no ethanol, 98 octane, 93 motor, 103 research

Good stuff

https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/fuel/260-gtx
Bruce372 wrote:
I used to run a lot of that, it's a bit of a boring fuel, but a good running fuel. Loved the stuff
Yeah it’s nothing exciting I agree, my main thing has always been no ethanol and i can get it for about 45-50 a pail.

I am staring at my fresh pail of C12 for my TMR built KX 250 and can’t wait run that next weekend!!! Smile
Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
3/22/2019 9:59pm
This dude is approaching a Ken M level troll.

barnett468
3/22/2019 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2019 10:18pm
Well, as one can see, it is ludicrously easy to tell the smart ones from the "unsmart" ones, lol, and the "unsmart" ones will relentlessly destroy your thread with their pointless drivel while trying to blame the destruction on someone else, and some will also drone incessantly on and on attempting to have the last word, because they apparently think that being the biggest fool is an accomplishment, lol.

Bruce372
3/22/2019 10:49pm
barnett468 wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:
Giddy up!
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingWoohooWoohooWoohooDry
Bruce372
3/22/2019 10:49pm
barnett468 wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:
Giddy up!
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingWoohooWoohooWoohoo :

Post a reply to: race fuel in a stock bike.

The Latest