race fuel in a stock bike.

JBecker 72
3/20/2019 12:42pm
barnett468 wrote:
ummm..."dude"...I know all about that and I am in the vehicle industry and have been for over 50 years, so I have 50 years of day...
ummm..."dude"...I know all about that and I am in the vehicle industry and have been for over 50 years, so I have 50 years of day in and day out first hand experience with this so it is pointless for you to try and make a point that is insignificant in the big scheme of things.
Bruce372 wrote:
Thanks dude, I didnt realize this was a dick measuring contest. You might want to consider there are people out there that know the odd thing...
Thanks dude, I didnt realize this was a dick measuring contest.

You might want to consider there are people out there that know the odd thing about chemistry....

Carry on dude, you are sure to win the internet today.Woohoo
barnett468 wrote:
. lol, you really are completely clueless and just another internet "expert" simply repeating things you have read without understanding the whole picture, but please don't...
lol, you really are completely clueless and just another internet "expert" simply repeating things you have read without understanding the whole picture, but please don't stop cuz i am thoroughly amused.
I hope I’m not that much of a douche when I’m 70 years old.
3/20/2019 12:45pm
So, just to be clear barnett468, your "arguments" against the statements made to refute your original claim of "there is no real issue with ethanol fuel in general" are:

- That's not the point or,
- That's insignificant

But no actual information because it is obvious we can't comprehend the information you have knowledge of to disprove the issues stated.

That about right?
barnett468
3/20/2019 12:48pm
JBecker 72 wrote:
I hope I’m not that much of a douche when I’m 70 years old.
Well since you seem to be one now I'm guessing that you are simply hoping to be less of one when you get older, lol.

barnett468
3/20/2019 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2019 12:55pm
So, just to be clear barnett468, your "arguments" against the statements made to refute your original claim of "there is no real issue with ethanol fuel...
So, just to be clear barnett468, your "arguments" against the statements made to refute your original claim of "there is no real issue with ethanol fuel in general" are:

- That's not the point or,
- That's insignificant

But no actual information because it is obvious we can't comprehend the information you have knowledge of to disprove the issues stated.

That about right?
I have posted a fair amount on ethanol/alcohol and leaded fuel on this site, so if you want to learn a bit more about it you can try finding those posts with the sites search engine.

The Shop

Bruce372
3/20/2019 1:01pm
Fun fact, I used to work at a MTBE manufacturing plant.Whistling
barnett468
3/20/2019 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2019 1:13pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Ahhh, so that explains your severe mental impairment, and this proves that even janitors are not immune to the debilitating affects of toxic chemicals, so sorry to hear about that.
racerx217
3/20/2019 1:14pm
Why cant we all get along? seriously though who cares if someone wants to run 15 dollar a gallon fuel in their $9k 450 just because it smells nice. Who cares if someone wants to run crap pump fuel through their 10 year old $2k bike?
Bruce372
3/20/2019 1:23pm
Bruce372 wrote:
barnett468 wrote:
. Ahhh, so that explains your severe mental impairment, and this proves that even janitors are not immune to the debilitating affects of toxic chemicals, so...
Ahhh, so that explains your severe mental impairment, and this proves that even janitors are not immune to the debilitating affects of toxic chemicals, so sorry to hear about that.
Lol!
wolf918
3/20/2019 1:26pm
If I push hard, it takes me 6hrs to mow my yard on my rider. I put my earbuds in and rock out to Metallica all while smelling the sweet smell of 4.4. Amazing how much more enjoyable it is to do chores while you daydream of being at the races! Anyone ever have the wife ask you why your yard looks like a race track!?
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/20/2019 1:32pm
barnett468 wrote:
ummm..."dude"...I know all about that and I am in the vehicle industry and have been for over 50 years, so I have 50 years of day...
ummm..."dude"...I know all about that and I am in the vehicle industry and have been for over 50 years, so I have 50 years of day in and day out first hand experience with this so it is pointless for you to try and make a point that is insignificant in the big scheme of things.
Curious, what exactly have you done for 50 years in the "vehicle industry"?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
3/20/2019 3:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2019 3:10pm
barnett468 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
He has posted quite a bit about it, you can find it using this site's search engine.

Also, he could tell you but you wouldn't understand so why would he try to tell you?
TeamGreen
3/20/2019 3:12pm
Even if someone MAKES a product for someone-else...and that someone-else IS ANOTHER BRAND...that's -3- brands.

That's how "branding" works.

Also, are you saying that Cam-2 DOES NOT have products that are different than Sunoco?
Ranman68
3/20/2019 4:07pm
If the compression ratio of the engine isn't high enough to need a higher octane fuel, then higher octane fuel won't give it more power at all. In fact it can lower power. Higher octane fuel doesn't detonate as quickly as lower octane fuel. It does burn cleaner and leaves less carbon buildup on piston and plug, but if the engine isnt predetonating and needing more octane, race fuel doesnt do shit. The 112-114 ctane stuff can actually make less horsepower in a stock engine. The air density plays a part too. At higher altitudes, even less octane is needed.

barnett468
3/20/2019 4:33pm
Ranman68 wrote:
If the compression ratio of the engine isn't high enough to need a higher octane fuel, then higher octane fuel won't give it more power at...
If the compression ratio of the engine isn't high enough to need a higher octane fuel, then higher octane fuel won't give it more power at all. In fact it can lower power. Higher octane fuel doesn't detonate as quickly as lower octane fuel. It does burn cleaner and leaves less carbon buildup on piston and plug, but if the engine isnt predetonating and needing more octane, race fuel doesnt do shit. The 112-114 ctane stuff can actually make less horsepower in a stock engine. The air density plays a part too. At higher altitudes, even less octane is needed.

"If the compression ratio of the engine isn't high enough to need a higher octane fuel, then higher octane fuel won't give it more power at all."

Wow, you really need to quit huffin your "race" fuel.
barnett468
3/20/2019 4:36pm
barnett468 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
He has posted quite a bit about it, you can find it using this site's search engine. Also, he could tell you but you wouldn't understand...
He has posted quite a bit about it, you can find it using this site's search engine.

Also, he could tell you but you wouldn't understand so why would he try to tell you?
"Also, he could tell you but you wouldn't understand so why would he try to tell you?"

Yup, if I determine that the person I am trying to explain something to simply lacks the mental ability to understand it. I never saw any point in beating my head against a wall trying to educate the "un-educatable.".
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
3/20/2019 4:52pm
seth505 wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
He has posted quite a bit about it, you can find it using this site's search engine. Also, he could tell you but you wouldn't understand...

barnett468 wrote:
"Also, he could tell you but you wouldn't understand so why would he try to tell you?" Yup, if I determine that the person I am...
"Also, he could tell you but you wouldn't understand so why would he try to tell you?"

Yup, if I determine that the person I am trying to explain something to simply lacks the mental ability to understand it. I never saw any point in beating my head against a wall trying to educate the "un-educatable.".
You're not trying to explain anything to anyone, you're just being a dick.
Ranman68
3/20/2019 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2019 5:01pm
Ranman68 wrote:
If the compression ratio of the engine isn't high enough to need a higher octane fuel, then higher octane fuel won't give it more power at...

barnett468 wrote:
"If the compression ratio of the engine isn't high enough to need a higher octane fuel, then higher octane fuel won't give it more power at...
"If the compression ratio of the engine isn't high enough to need a higher octane fuel, then higher octane fuel won't give it more power at all."

What the fuck is that suppose to mean? If you dispute it, then just say so and why. Provide some legit info instead of being a sarcastic dick.
Bret
3/20/2019 5:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2019 5:11pm
FACT: Before ethanol was in pump gas, the Trail 70 we had growing up could sit for months with fuel in it and start right up without needing to clean the carburetor. FACT: That same Trail 70 will have a clogged pilot jet if it sits for more than two weeks with today's pump gas containing ethanol.
zehn
3/20/2019 5:15pm
Bret wrote:
FACT: Before ethanol was in pump gas, the Trail 70 we had growing up could sit for months with fuel in it and start right up...
FACT: Before ethanol was in pump gas, the Trail 70 we had growing up could sit for months with fuel in it and start right up without needing to clean the carburetor. FACT: That same Trail 70 will have a clogged pilot jet if it sits for more than two weeks with today's pump gas containing ethanol.
Then drain the fuel

Why is this so hard for people to figure out
Bret
3/20/2019 5:29pm
Bret wrote:
FACT: Before ethanol was in pump gas, the Trail 70 we had growing up could sit for months with fuel in it and start right up...
zehn wrote:
Then drain the fuel

It isn't hard to figure out. That wasn't point I was illustrating. I was simply pointing out that the ethanol can and will cause problems. Others have implied that this is false and I disagree. Besides, unless you get the carburetor completely dry, draining it does not solve the problem. The pilot jet will still clog. I suppose I could have mentioned that using some sort of fuel stabilizer will allow you to park or store your carbureted, gasoline powered devices without draining the gasoline from the carburetor. The average consumer is going to compare anything with a gasoline engine to their car or truck. They never have fuel problems in them so they are going to assume that their motorcycle, atv or lawnmower shouldn't be any different? It is a normal,albeit, incorrect assumption.
barnett468
3/20/2019 5:33pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2019 5:34pm
GrapeApe wrote:
You're not trying to explain anything to anyone, you're just being a dick.
Is there a reason you like to talk about your favorite body part on public forums?

Oh...never mind, on second thought I really don't want to know, lol.

Sierra Ranger
3/20/2019 5:35pm
My 2004 RM250 won't even run right on pump gas- pings and surges. I mix pump gas 50/50 with VP C-12 and runs like a charm. I'd 50:50 race gas because it's expensive as hell.
barnett468
3/20/2019 5:35pm
Bret wrote:
zehn wrote:
Then drain the fuel

Because they are clearly fkng idiots, lol.
barnett468
3/20/2019 5:39pm
Bret wrote:
"FACT: That same Trail 70 will have a clogged pilot jet if it sits for more than two weeks with today's pump gas containing ethanol."

FACT: If the pilot truly is getting plugged after sitting for 2 weeks and you are not outright lying, it isn't because of the alcohol, and if you knew even the first thing about ethanol, you would know just how ludicrous your claim is.
barnett468
3/20/2019 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2019 6:07pm
Ranman68 wrote:

barnett468 wrote:
"If the compression ratio of the engine isn't high enough to need a higher octane fuel, then higher octane fuel won't give it more power at...

Ranman68 wrote:
What the fuck is that suppose to mean? If you dispute it, then just say so and why. Provide some legit info instead of being a...
What the fuck is that suppose to mean? If you dispute it, then just say so and why. Provide some legit info instead of being a sarcastic dick.
It's not rocket science. It means exactly what it says, AND, I already posted why this is on this thread, so you might want to try reading ALL the posts before you look any more foolish....or maybe you prefer to continue looking foolish, lol.

Ranman68
3/20/2019 6:16pm
barnett468 wrote:

Ranman68 wrote:
What the fuck is that suppose to mean? If you dispute it, then just say so and why. Provide some legit info instead of being a...
barnett468 wrote:
It's not rocket science. It means exactly what it says, AND, I already posted why this is on this thread, so you might want to try...
It's not rocket science. It means exactly what it says, AND, I already posted why this is on this thread, so you might want to try reading ALL the posts before you look any more foolish....or maybe you prefer to continue looking foolish, lol.

I'm not obligated to read your particular posts before replying to a thread, you jackass. I know a shit ton about engine dynamics and all the factors surrounding octane requirements for an engine. This thread is about race fuel in a stock bike. I was commenting on THAT and nothing more. Everything I said is true. There was no reason for you to reply to me, and I'm not looking to be "educated". If I were, you certainly arent qualified to do it i promise. From everything you post and the replies to what you post, you're just a pretentious prick who is embarassing himself..

E
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
3/20/2019 6:19pm
barnett468 wrote:
It's not rocket science. It means exactly what it says, AND, I already posted why this is on this thread, so you might want to try...

Mate, you're obviously smarter than everyone else. The way i see it, you can either explain how and why that is the case and give yourself some credibility and educate a few of us, or you can keep sniggering and taking pot shots at anyone who asks a genuine question.

Its obvious which route you've chosen to go down, i just figured someone with your intelligence would also understand that this has you coming off as a massive douchenozzle with 50 years experience douchnozzeling.

Carry on Dude
barnett468
3/20/2019 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2019 6:24pm
Ranman68 wrote:
barnett468 wrote:

Ranman68 wrote:
I'm not obligated to read your particular posts before replying to a thread, you jackass. I know a shit ton about engine dynamics and all the...
I'm not obligated to read your particular posts before replying to a thread, you jackass. I know a shit ton about engine dynamics and all the factors surrounding octane requirements for an engine. This thread is about race fuel in a stock bike. I was commenting on THAT and nothing more. Everything I said is true. There was no reason for you to reply to me, and I'm not looking to be "educated". If I were, you certainly arent qualified to do it i promise. From everything you post and the replies to what you post, you're just a pretentious prick who is embarassing himself..

E
"Everything I said is true."

ummm...again, NO IT ISN'T, lol.

"I know a shit ton..."

Whatever that is, lol.

barnett468
3/20/2019 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2019 6:55pm
haydos25 wrote:
Mate, you're obviously smarter than everyone else. The way i see it, you can either explain how and why that is the case and give yourself...
Mate, you're obviously smarter than everyone else. The way i see it, you can either explain how and why that is the case and give yourself some credibility and educate a few of us, or you can keep sniggering and taking pot shots at anyone who asks a genuine question.

Its obvious which route you've chosen to go down, i just figured someone with your intelligence would also understand that this has you coming off as a massive douchenozzle with 50 years experience douchnozzeling.

Carry on Dude
"Mate, you're obviously smarter than everyone else. The way i see it, you can either explain how and why that is the case and give yourself some credibility and educate a few of us, or you can keep sniggering and taking pot shots at anyone who asks a genuine question."

Like I already posted, I already generally explained why that is, and if one reads all the posts in this thread, they should hopefully be able to figure out why that is if they can't figure it out by reading mine alone, OR they can simply call VP Racing Fuels at (951) 696-5100 and ask them....or argue with them as the case may be, lol.

"...give yourself some credibility..."

ummm...unlike some others here that need to try and satisfy their needy egos, I don't have a needy ego to satisfy, and I don't care one single bit about establishing "credibility", because it ultimately makes absolutely zero difference to me whether someone here fails to learn anything from me or from others or blows their bike up the next time they ride because of what someone else posted etc.

Also, if I repeated myself to everyone that made an inaccurate claim I would get blisters on my typing finger, lol..

Post a reply to: race fuel in a stock bike.

The Latest