production rule?

pete24
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:00pm
ok i been thinking about this and i dont know if anyone has asked it yet.
regarding the production rule, the manufactuer has to send a bike and money to the AMA, then they take the bike apart and measure everything and make notes of it so if there is a protest, they can go back and check against what the measurements are supposed to be, i remember back in the day they sent one of Stantons, frames back to the AMA to check it against what they had there , cuz it didnt seem rite at the race, it turned out ok.

alright so they dont have anything to go against on dungeys KTM , so if he was beating me in the series(which would never happen i am a "D" rider) i would protest his bike and when the production bike comes out it better measure the same, im sure someone has thought of this on another team, is it fair? your dam rite it is! everyone has to run a production bike and there is a lot of money at stake so why not protest it?
|
CR500Rider
1/25/2012 7:03am
When is the last time you saw a factory bike pulled apart?
newmann
1/25/2012 7:03am
What production rule? The AMA openly admits they have nothing to do with pro racing so why would they be stockpiling and measuring bikes?
typ2vw159
1/25/2012 7:11am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 7:12am
newmann wrote:
What production rule? The AMA openly admits they have nothing to do with pro racing so why would they be stockpiling and measuring bikes?
^5 newmann Any body know where the interview in 06 is with AMA,FIM,MX Sports and Feld motor sports it tells all.

AMA PRO RACING IS ONLY A STICKER!
NetMXer
1/25/2012 7:27am
The factories are required to send each bike to me and I store them in my garage. If there is ever a protest, they then send me the bike in question and I test ride both the stock bike and the one in question to make sure the race bike is not faster than stock.

The Shop

burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
1/25/2012 7:44am
newmann wrote:
Aint that the truth. The AMA bends the rules, plain and simple.
Ing
1/25/2012 2:45pm
They all do it. Remember RV's 2012 last year being introduced in the Nats.
wardy
1/25/2012 2:57pm
yep it's ama's fault.

yet they sold the rights to alot of this stuff. so i guess it's likley a little more then a sticker? either that or that kind of thing wouldn't have had a value to sell?
jndmx
1/25/2012 3:31pm
Since they are all pretty much doing the same thing I doubt anyone is going to protest another team.

Glass houses and all.......
PeterPuffer
1/25/2012 4:21pm
Doesn't look all that different to me. He was hauling ass, crashed and gave the win away like usual.
1/25/2012 5:03pm
To me, the further the bikes are away from production, the better. And I dont know why any fan would think any differently. I would absolutely love to see something out there with a hand welded frame, pneumatic valvetrain, and variable valvetiming...the latter 2 of those 3 will most likely find their way onto production bikes within the next 5 years.
RACEGUY
1/25/2012 5:56pm
To me, the further the bikes are away from production, the better. And I dont know why any fan would think any differently. I would absolutely...
To me, the further the bikes are away from production, the better. And I dont know why any fan would think any differently. I would absolutely love to see something out there with a hand welded frame, pneumatic valvetrain, and variable valvetiming...the latter 2 of those 3 will most likely find their way onto production bikes within the next 5 years.
Right you are. "Racing improves the breed". If they can't innovate with race bikes, the trickle-down to production bikes is severely diminished. Some of the last great innovators seem to be surviving at short-track races around the continent. There would be builders capable of creating masterpieces that could potentially give the "factory" outfits a run for their money.

I welcome technical innovation. Unfortunately, the privateers would have a significantly different take on the whole thing.
1/25/2012 6:27pm
If it weren't for the innovations in top level racing, we'd all be riding 600cc Enduro bikes with twin rear shocks.
gsxr6
1/25/2012 6:31pm
Doesn't look all that different to me. He was hauling ass, crashed and gave the win away like usual.
what?
pete24
1/25/2012 6:55pm
To me, the further the bikes are away from production, the better. And I dont know why any fan would think any differently. I would absolutely...
i absolutly agree i would like to see full on works bikes for sure, but im talking about the rules and asking if they could/should/can be enforced, apparently no one gives a shit
i got plenty of opinions about racing, like their gay ass timed practice, and no 250s in the 250 class, whatever , if we had any god dam snow in this crappy winter i would be working and not wasting time on the internet, to hell with my question lets go back to some, hottest girl in the pits threads
Wolfman
1/25/2012 7:01pm
This trickle down technology does little more than drive up the cost of production bikes.
gsxr6
1/25/2012 7:01pm
Production rule has been hollow since doug henry won vegas on a yzm400 in 97. They should have just brought back works bikes right then and there.
newmann
1/25/2012 7:12pm
pete24 wrote:
ok i been thinking about this and i dont know if anyone has asked it yet. regarding the production rule, the manufactuer has to send a...
ok i been thinking about this and i dont know if anyone has asked it yet.
regarding the production rule, the manufactuer has to send a bike and money to the AMA, then they take the bike apart and measure everything and make notes of it so if there is a protest, they can go back and check against what the measurements are supposed to be, i remember back in the day they sent one of Stantons, frames back to the AMA to check it against what they had there , cuz it didnt seem rite at the race, it turned out ok.

alright so they dont have anything to go against on dungeys KTM , so if he was beating me in the series(which would never happen i am a "D" rider) i would protest his bike and when the production bike comes out it better measure the same, im sure someone has thought of this on another team, is it fair? your dam rite it is! everyone has to run a production bike and there is a lot of money at stake so why not protest it?
I remember Yamaha protesting the Honda's, that was a bit of a stink. Honda laughed it off and came away clean from what I recall.

As for Dungey and someone protesting?? Guess they would just have to measure the racebike and wait and see what the production bike measured out at. Stupid rule to say the least. Basically amounts to a one year works bike exemption that renews every year.
Husqerdo
1/25/2012 7:16pm
pete24 wrote:
i absolutly agree i would like to see full on works bikes for sure, but im talking about the rules and asking if they could/should/can be...
i absolutly agree i would like to see full on works bikes for sure, but im talking about the rules and asking if they could/should/can be enforced, apparently no one gives a shit
i got plenty of opinions about racing, like their gay ass timed practice, and no 250s in the 250 class, whatever , if we had any god dam snow in this crappy winter i would be working and not wasting time on the internet, to hell with my question lets go back to some, hottest girl in the pits threads
You started this thread based on RD's bike possibly being illegal, now you want to talk about pit girls. You my friend are a total Numb Nuts. That explains your " D " rider claim that does not exist.

Post a reply to: production rule?

The Latest