pro taper pillow top question

mxracer71
Fantasy
2442nd
So i bought a pair to try out on my 450x dual sport. The first two rides i really liked how they felt and didn't tear up my hands. I went out and rode last weekend and i noticed they were super hard and firm. Has anyone else had an issue like this? They are maybe a month and a half old. i never had a set of grips hardened up like that.
|
5/17/2020 8:25pm
I love mine and never had that issue although i did tear a brand new grip right out of the package because i bought a shitty throttle tube with a sharp end lol
ktmwoods
5/17/2020 9:12pm
Hmmm, no never had that happen and use them exclusively past 6 bikes...did you use a different grip glue? They also have a firmer and softer option, I always use the softest and they hold up well.
mxracer71
Fantasy
2442nd
5/17/2020 9:20pm
ktmwoods wrote:
Hmmm, no never had that happen and use them exclusively past 6 bikes...did you use a different grip glue? They also have a firmer and softer...
Hmmm, no never had that happen and use them exclusively past 6 bikes...did you use a different grip glue? They also have a firmer and softer option, I always use the softest and they hold up well.
I bought the soft as i use this bike for single track and dual sport rides.I use the pro taper grip glue on all my stuff and never had a issue. Could just be a freak thing. My hands were tore up after a 30 mile single track ride.
FortyHat
5/18/2020 12:27am
Have run pillow top grips for a lot of years and mine have never changed over time. I've never even worn one out, I've only ever changed them due to tearing from a crash or something else. Moto racing for me if that helps for context.

The Shop

kb228
5/18/2020 4:25am
No hardness changes here either. Did you use a cleaner of some kind that may have affected them?

Post a reply to: pro taper pillow top question

The Latest