ponca and other big races a joke.

Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 6:49pm
C riders with lap times that put them in top 5 of B. B riders turning faster lap times than A. 10th place in A couldn't win the C class. Why would anybody in their right mind drive 10, 12 or more hours to compete in the C Class? Unless that is your one of the sandbaggers.They should have a system to where if your running lap times in the top 1/4 of the next class up then your ass gets moved up. And why would Cooper Webb still be running the little bikes? He was at Red Bud on a big bike and killed it. He beat Jeremy Martin each moto I believe.
|
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
7/26/2011 6:03pm
The AMA seems to think it all makes sense..........perplexing.
Ing
7/26/2011 6:09pm
OW38B wrote:
It's all about the money. Always has been, always will be.
dehner47
7/26/2011 6:24pm
Bandito121 wrote:
C riders with lap times that put them in top 5 of B. B riders turning faster lap times than A. 10th place in A couldn't...
C riders with lap times that put them in top 5 of B. B riders turning faster lap times than A. 10th place in A couldn't win the C class. Why would anybody in their right mind drive 10, 12 or more hours to compete in the C Class? Unless that is your one of the sandbaggers.They should have a system to where if your running lap times in the top 1/4 of the next class up then your ass gets moved up. And why would Cooper Webb still be running the little bikes? He was at Red Bud on a big bike and killed it. He beat Jeremy Martin each moto I believe.
welcome to amauter mx racing!!!

The Shop

newmann
7/26/2011 6:33pm
I don't know, National Beginner Champion has a nice ring to it.Blush
sxf138
7/26/2011 6:35pm
Why not drop a class and sweep all the motos. In return you can make little wad of cash from the contingencies.

Times are tough, read the newspaper.
Racerx930
7/26/2011 6:36pm
2100 entries this week at Ponca City. They must be doing something right.
wawazat
7/26/2011 6:54pm
Amateur racing is a complete joke. I don't know where it went wrong or when, but when you have ten year olds with seven bikes for one weekend of racing, something is wrong.
mcopsey
7/26/2011 6:57pm
Why do any of you guys care when it has no effect on you?
newmann
7/26/2011 7:00pm
wawazat wrote:
Amateur racing is a complete joke. I don't know where it went wrong or when, but when you have ten year olds with seven bikes for...
Amateur racing is a complete joke. I don't know where it went wrong or when, but when you have ten year olds with seven bikes for one weekend of racing, something is wrong.
Yet when he turns pro he has to borrow a bike. That's when something is wrong.
mx5471
7/26/2011 7:03pm
Sandbagging and cheating has been huge in this sport, at least for the ten years I have been involved in it. It's not going away. Play your game,and take your licks, unless you can do the lickin.
moto589
7/26/2011 7:11pm
wawazat wrote:
Amateur racing is a complete joke. I don't know where it went wrong or when, but when you have ten year olds with seven bikes for...
newmann wrote:
I wasn't even going to sign in tonight, but couldn't pass on this one. LOL - very true!
mxb2
7/26/2011 7:15pm
wawazat wrote:
newmann wrote:
Kinda like when pro s come on here looking to borrow a bike LOL!, Here s an idea , buy one?
moto589
7/26/2011 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2011 7:23pm
wawazat wrote:
newmann wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Kinda like when pro s come on here looking to borrow a bike LOL!, Here s an idea , buy one?
You ruined it................no need to dummy it down.

And while were at it WTF kind of time do you have that your able to put up 5k posts in a year. Assuming my tax dollars hard at work...............
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
7/26/2011 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2011 7:23pm
wawazat wrote:
If they are getting several bikes for free from the manufacturers then that is ridiculous....
However, if good ole dad wants wants to spend big bucks in the industry and buy unlimited bikes for little junior...then more power to him. Wink
mxb2
7/26/2011 7:28pm
newmann wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
moto589 wrote:
You ruined it................no need to dummy it down. And while were at it WTF kind of time do you have that your able to put up...

And while were at it WTF kind of time do you have that your able to put up 5k posts in a year. Assuming my tax dollars hard at work...............
Multi task man!
fader418
7/26/2011 7:30pm
wawazat wrote:
newmann wrote:
thats funny....but true....
newmann
7/26/2011 7:38pm
wawazat wrote:
newmann wrote:
fader418 wrote:
thats funny....but true....
Funny? I don't know. I find it rather sad all these bikes and contingencies thrown at novices, intermediates and vet riders in the amateur ranks and then there is nothing left for those who make a stab at the top level of the sport. Did the mfgs. offer up much contingency back in 1976 when there were actually a lot of bike sales?
j100
7/26/2011 10:22pm
my little guy, Zach Bell turned a faster lap on a stock 250F than Bogul on a 450 today. haha.
jmar
7/26/2011 10:32pm
wawazat wrote:
What part of "National Level Racing" don't you guy's understand?

Do you think an amateur national should be a bunch of little Timmy's with their three year old bikes, and a bunch of worn out gear?
These amateur's you guys are knocking are the one's spending the money that's keeping those in the industry afloat. Yea, that's right, most of those little Timmy's are buying those bike's along with the part's to keep them running. Also three to five helmets, and ten set's a gear a year. Let's not forget about the tires, pipe's and every other "latest and the greatest" things the industry has to offer.
kripple428
7/26/2011 11:36pm
I really think the AMA could learn alot from the CMRC it seems like the canadian boys actually care a lot more about the rlders the AMA doesn't care about the roders just listen to the interview with matthes on DMXS a few weeks ago you can find it on vurb
jleews6
7/27/2011 4:29am
Most of the kids that go to the big nationals are serious kids that have worked hard to move up and get to the top level. The only thing I dont like is that when my kid has to race B class against riders that have been riding 2 and three years longer then him.
If your riding at the same level as a rider thats been riding two or three years less then you then you need to rethink your plan.
SteveS
7/27/2011 5:21am
OW38B wrote:
Of course Ponca isn't AMA....you have heard of the NMA haven't you?
DC
7/27/2011 5:32am
Wow, all that piling on and the race isn't even AMA?

But go ahead, Loretta Lynn's and the AMA has a C class too. The motos aren't as long as the Intermediate and Expert motos, or even the 85cc motos, but it gives everyone a chance to participate in what's become one big motocross festival.

It's worked out okay ever since a completely unknown kid who came over from BMX racing won it in 1987.

DC
MX Sports
7/27/2011 5:45am
mxb2 wrote:
moto589 wrote:
You ruined it................no need to dummy it down. And while were at it WTF kind of time do you have that your able to put up...

mxb2 wrote:
Multi task man!
Let me guess..

You´re posting here, hitting the bong, watching tv and screaming at the ol´ lady, all at once? Wink

Sandbaggers rule!
sc961
7/27/2011 5:46am
Banditio, and the others that feel these larger Am races are a joke -

You can voice your opinion much louder with your pocketbook than on a message board. If you don't think it's something for you, don't attend. The people in attendance feel it's worthwhile to be there. You will be missing out on some pretty exciting activities if you make that choice...

I haven't been to Ponca, but have been to LL a number of times. It's a great family moto vacation, with some riding mixed in, all while being able to watch the best amatuers pound out laps for a week.

The atmosphere is great, the people are top notch, the heat is brutal, and the track is unique to say the least.

This is another scenario of our sport evolving from the Am Nats being at a different place each year, and only having the A class compete, to what we have today. Judging by the participation numbers, there are many that have a high opinion of what those races are.

Post a reply to: ponca and other big races a joke.

The Latest