please explain why Herlings is sandbagging and Martin is not

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
5/12/2016 7:30am
NotCore wrote:
After the 2013 season he had 31 wins in the MX2 class and was 19 years old. After the. 2014 season, he had 43 wins in...
After the 2013 season he had 31 wins in the MX2 class and was 19 years old.
After the. 2014 season, he had 43 wins in the MX2 class and was 20 years old. (Per the data above)

I don't have any expectations for Herlings, but I expect you to know that was born in 1994 and that put him at 17 in 2011. That was five years ago, brother.
his birthday is always after the season has ended. So during the 2011 season he was in fact 16 years old, brother
5/12/2016 7:32am
karsmakers wrote:
Argument over!
You r a moron thinking any of these two kids r sandbagging.

So what that Herlings has more wins than Martin
Herlings is younger than Martin.
Both have 2 championships and r going for three in 2016.

like i said double standards

Jimmy_Sloan
5/12/2016 7:35am
Moens_Andy wrote:
you guys really should stop seeing things with double standards. i just want to know why you think Herlings is and why you think Martin is...
you guys really should stop seeing things with double standards.

i just want to know why you think Herlings is
and why you think Martin is not

if i remember correctly both of them r about the same age both have 2 championships and both have a factory contract

for those who like a shitstorm of double standards
ready set go
X2. There is a clear bias against Herlings on these forums. The funny thing is that the riders who are considered legends now (Barnett, O'Mara, Ward) all stayed in the 125 class for numerous seasons.

The Shop

ATKpilot99
5/12/2016 7:37am
Is it just me or are the 'gp wins record' he's trying to set discredited by the fact that he is padding the number with mx2...
Is it just me or are the 'gp wins record' he's trying to set discredited by the fact that he is padding the number with mx2 wins? Don't get me wrong, mx2 wins are an quite an accomplishment, but they are not on the same level as the amount of wins in the primer class by Everts and AC
EEE299 wrote:
Yeah I think when we talk about US records it's normally 450 wins only right?
SX yes Nationals no.
DeStouwer
5/12/2016 7:37am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 7:38am
Like it's said, double standards, so I don't see the use of another thread about this matter. It's no use, people will keep flinging their crap to eachother. You could've predicted this. I'm off now, as usual, nothing new to read in threads like these.
Crush
5/12/2016 7:39am
jamma10 wrote:
2014 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/12/134847/s1200_Screen_Shot_2016_05_12_at_14.39.51.jpg[/img] 2015 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/12/134849/s1200_Screen_Shot_2016_05_12_at_14.40.18.jpg[/img][img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/12/134848/s1200_Screen_Shot_2016_05_12_at_14.39.11.jpg[/img] What a prick he is for not moving up.

What a prick he is for not moving up.
Valid but they could have happened on the big bike, in fact, you could argue him over-riding the little bike is perhaps a reason he has had these big crashes...

Not that it matters either way, I just don't know how him having no competition is improving anything but his win record and bank account. Valid reasons sure, but it's not hard to say why people think he's cherry picking.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/12/2016 7:39am
EnvyMedia wrote:
I don't even know why people care whether he is sandbagging or not. Is it out of sympathy for his competition? lol
Someones boyfriend is racing mx2 and they are sick of this shit! Grinning
5/12/2016 7:46am
Crush wrote:
Valid but they could have happened on the big bike, in fact, you could argue him over-riding the little bike is perhaps a reason he has...
Valid but they could have happened on the big bike, in fact, you could argue him over-riding the little bike is perhaps a reason he has had these big crashes...

Not that it matters either way, I just don't know how him having no competition is improving anything but his win record and bank account. Valid reasons sure, but it's not hard to say why people think he's cherry picking.
I agree partially about overriding the small bike if thats even possible.

I see it more as over riding his physical shape, when he's not 100% Jeffrey makes more mistakes, as we have seen in Germany past weekend.

I really think he's made a good decision in staying in the Lites class this year, get back to 100% physical and mental after the last 2 years you have got too think he questioned himself.

DonM
5/12/2016 7:46am
The biggest difference between the two is one is a complete asshat and the other is about as nice and humble as one can be....
jeffro503
5/12/2016 7:51am
UUHHGG!!....Jamma , why did you show the pic of that finger! Just about lost my breakfast.
Dezerted
5/12/2016 7:52am
DonM wrote:
The biggest difference between the two is one is a complete asshat and the other is about as nice and humble as one can be....
We're talking about Herlings and Martin not Webb and Martin Smile
jamma10
5/12/2016 7:52am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 7:56am
Crush wrote:
Valid but they could have happened on the big bike, in fact, you could argue him over-riding the little bike is perhaps a reason he has...

The broken collarbone perhaps, but the finger was just a front end wash out on a gravelly surface in Sweden and the femur was thanks to riding for fun in a charity race.

What is missing from those pictures above is any reference to the dislocated hip that ended his 2015 season. That's ultimately what forced a re-think of the plan he had of racing MXGP this year.

Crush
5/12/2016 7:55am
Moens_Andy wrote:
I agree partially about overriding the small bike if thats even possible. I see it more as over riding his physical shape, when he's not 100%...
I agree partially about overriding the small bike if thats even possible.

I see it more as over riding his physical shape, when he's not 100% Jeffrey makes more mistakes, as we have seen in Germany past weekend.

I really think he's made a good decision in staying in the Lites class this year, get back to 100% physical and mental after the last 2 years you have got too think he questioned himself.

Yeah he's definitely had a bad run...

But what happens if he moves up and he cops an injury - which as fast as he is, is maybe more likely than some of his competitors... does it make these decisions right/wrong or indifferent?

I dunno, he's just winning so easily, I don't know if it's actually helping in the long run. His call though, more power too him.
Jimmy_Sloan
5/12/2016 7:57am
DonM wrote:
So being an asshat makes him a sandbagger?
tempura
5/12/2016 8:03am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 8:06am
Crush wrote:

You could try, sometimes looking at it from the view of KTM cherry picking, as they are the company employing him to ride in that class?
Stuntman949
5/12/2016 8:09am
Crush wrote:
Martin's first year was a half year also, outdoors only, and he also didn't turn pro at 16, he waited a year. I understand Herlings not...
Martin's first year was a half year also, outdoors only, and he also didn't turn pro at 16, he waited a year.

I understand Herlings not moving up this year after two years of injury... I think he could have before though, and yeah he's young, but here's the thing that most people would calling him a sandbagger because of...he's been young and a minute out front for a long time.

You definitely can question if he's improving where he is... Is he getting stronger cruising around out front? Is he learning? Do what you like but it's not hard to see why people think he's cherry picking, he's got no comp.
Moens_Andy wrote:
i'm just quoting your last alinea Herlings never ever just cruises around he is always giving it 100% every time he throws a leg over his...
i'm just quoting your last alinea

Herlings never ever just cruises around he is always giving it 100% every time he throws a leg over his dirtsicle on his mountainbike or road bike or gym thats the thing with Jeffrey his always balls out the kid can't even give 99%

You really should see him on practice he's just insane he knows this might not last very long as he is demanding a lot from his body and said so himself in an interview recently

he's improving himself every minute of the day he eats, sleeps, dreams, ride's 100%

when i see him i'm in awe off how blazingly stupid fast he is when he's on there is just no way anyone could touch him on a bike not even the mxgp guys iff he's healthy enough and they would let him ride 4 moto's mx2 and mxgp he will win all moto's and i'm even willing to put money where my mouth is on that one he's just unbelievable

the people who have seen him ride in real life will probably say the same he's skill level is so much higher than anyone i have ever seen ride in real life
DeStouwer wrote:
Dude, use punctuation marks...
You are 2 for 2 today! Love it
DonM
5/12/2016 8:16am
DonM wrote:
So being an asshat makes him a sandbagger?
Nope didn't say that....being an asshat makes him less tolerable and people will be less forgiving for his mistakes...
Crush
5/12/2016 8:17am
tempura wrote:
You could try, sometimes looking at it from the view of KTM cherry picking, as they are the company employing him to ride in that class?
Yeah except wouldn't every manufacturer sell their VP's Mum to get Herlings on their bike?
RG1
5/12/2016 8:23am
Crush wrote:

I think the biggest thing with all those injuries was the timing of them. They all came towards the end of the season, affecting not just that season, but his preparation for the following season. He has a lot of respect for those racing in the MXGP class, and he knows that if he is going to be successful in MXGP he will need to have a great preparation and be 100%. His prep the last 2 years has been far from great
potatoflake
5/12/2016 8:24am
Why hasn't anyone started complaining about davalos, not sand bagging but the dudes been on a 250 since like 2007-8 if I remember right
RG1
5/12/2016 8:27am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 8:28am
Why hasn't anyone started complaining about davalos, not sand bagging but the dudes been on a 250 since like 2007-8 if I remember right
So what? He's a great 250 rider and makes a decent living out of racing one. Would he add anything to the 450 class if he moved up? Probably not. As far as I'm concerned there's no reason for anyone to get bent out of shape about Davalos racing a 250. I don't understand people getting bent out of shape about anyone riding a 250 to be honest. This recent idea that everyone has to ride a 450 at the earliest possible opportunity is complete B/S in my opinion
akillerwombat
5/12/2016 8:29am
Just taking a quick look at Herlings 2016 MX2 season thus far vs Martins 2015 250 results...

Not my best spreadsheet work to date but I haven't had the morning coffee yet.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/12/2016 8:35am
Because most of the Vital posters dont care about sandbagging threads that drone on and on, no matter who the rider in question is. The overwhelming majority of posters in these threads are frequent flyers and say the same things that go in circles. Any valid points that were ever made have long been buried and forgotten.
NotCore
5/12/2016 8:37am
NotCore wrote:
After the 2013 season he had 31 wins in the MX2 class and was 19 years old. After the. 2014 season, he had 43 wins in...
After the 2013 season he had 31 wins in the MX2 class and was 19 years old.
After the. 2014 season, he had 43 wins in the MX2 class and was 20 years old. (Per the data above)

I don't have any expectations for Herlings, but I expect you to know that was born in 1994 and that put him at 17 in 2011. That was five years ago, brother.
crusty_xx wrote:
his birthday is always after the season has ended. So during the 2011 season he was in fact 16 years old, brother
So, you stipulate that what I stated is correct?
NotCore
5/12/2016 8:39am
Crush wrote:

tempura wrote:
He has free will to agree to any and all contracts
NotCore
5/12/2016 8:40am
What has he won?
MXMattii
5/12/2016 8:41am
This isn't a real question. Just fishing I guess? I mean the facts are just so simple! Jeffrey Herlings turned pro back in 2010, Jeremy Martin turned pro in 2012. Jeffrey Herlings was always ahead of his age. But now guys from his own age are already stepping up to the 450 class. Look at Ken Roczen. Both where the wonderkids from the European Motocross. But I think you can safely say that Herlings are standing still in the MX2 class.

At the moment he's racing kids, who where winning 65 and 85cc races when he won his first GP's and Championship. But I can't prevent you from staying blind.
5/12/2016 8:42am
Do you think Herlings would have it that easy this season if Ferrandis did not get hurt?

The time sheet and average win margin tells a lot in that case, i truly think that if Ferrandis stayed healthy there would have been les margin. And some moto's where he would have came in second to Ferrandis.
NotCore
5/12/2016 8:42am
kzizok wrote:
Because most of the Vital posters dont care about sandbagging threads that drone on and on, no matter who the rider in question is. The overwhelming...
Because most of the Vital posters dont care about sandbagging threads that drone on and on, no matter who the rider in question is. The overwhelming majority of posters in these threads are frequent flyers and say the same things that go in circles. Any valid points that were ever made have long been buried and forgotten.
That's probably true of every thread on vital. All this is good for is passing the time. Age old hobby, new format.

Post a reply to: please explain why Herlings is sandbagging and Martin is not

The Latest