please explain why Herlings is sandbagging and Martin is not

5/12/2016 2:08am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2016 8:35pm
you guys really should stop seeing things with double standards.

i just want to know why you think Herlings is
and why you think Martin is not

if i remember correctly both of them r about the same age both have 2 championships and both have a factory contract

for those who like a shitstorm of double standards
ready set go
|
Motofinne
Posts
10323
Joined
1/4/2014
Location
FI
5/12/2016 2:15am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 2:20am
Martin is one year older. I think Martin has stayed down because of the so so SX seasons. I think it would have been perfect for him to ride 450s this summer but i guess he will become a 3 time 250 champ after the summer.

And this thread will be a complete shitshow like all the other Herlings threads on these forums.
51xc
Posts
2202
Joined
7/27/2015
Location
DE
5/12/2016 2:17am
geeeee take it easy, he will win plenty championships in the mx class no matter what vitards call him. sit back and enjoy him make everyone look stupid. Cool
5/12/2016 2:20am
Just to be clear i don't think any of those two r sandbagging
I just wanted to know why so many think Herlings is and yet fail to say Martin is also if you r looking in that perspective

thats why i said the double standard thingy
5/12/2016 2:22am
Motofinne wrote:
Martin is one year older. I think Martin has stayed down because of the so so SX seasons. I think it would have been perfect for...
Martin is one year older. I think Martin has stayed down because of the so so SX seasons. I think it would have been perfect for him to ride 450s this summer but i guess he will become a 3 time 250 champ after the summer.

And this thread will be a complete shitshow like all the other Herlings threads on these forums.
Martin will always have a so so sx season because the races r to short for him he can't where them out like in the nationals

The Shop

RG1
Posts
4664
Joined
7/12/2015
Location
GB
5/12/2016 2:27am
I'm so glad you started this thread. Another thread on this topic is exactly what everyone needed.
Crush
Posts
20848
Joined
4/26/2009
Location
Sydney AU
5/12/2016 2:37am
Martin is 23. Born 92.
First year was 2012 outdoors.
Won outdoor title 2014, 2015
5 seasons in the class.
Definitely moving up next year.

Herlings is 21. Born 94.
First year in Gps was 2010.
Won it 2012, 2013
7 seasons in clas
Jeffrey is going for 500 MX2 wins.
5/12/2016 2:39am
I've started this thread because i wanted to know why almost everyone thinks Herlings is and Martin is not,

i dont think everyone needed it but i'm glad you think that way
robkinuk
Posts
4157
Joined
5/16/2007
Location
Ashbourne GB
5/12/2016 2:39am
RG1 wrote:
I'm so glad you started this thread. Another thread on this topic is exactly what everyone needed.
No it's a valid comparison, to compare Herlings and Martin's career's and why they are still in the MX2 class?
hillbilly
Posts
9084
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Afton, TN US
5/12/2016 2:41am
Martin's team owner checked with his wallet,no top 6 450 was in it.
shanes
Posts
578
Joined
3/4/2014
Location
AD
5/12/2016 2:42am
how many years has M. Stewart been in the 250 class ? , but i guess your only a sand bagger if your really really good

why should people be made step up anyway ? what if you don't like riding a 450 what wrong with staying on a 250 ? .
it seams strange to me the they put max ages on lower classes but no minimum age on so called top class .

Motofinne
Posts
10323
Joined
1/4/2014
Location
FI
5/12/2016 2:43am
Crush wrote:
Martin is 23. Born 92. First year was 2012 outdoors. Won outdoor title 2014, 2015 5 seasons in the class. Definitely moving up next year. Herlings...
Martin is 23. Born 92.
First year was 2012 outdoors.
Won outdoor title 2014, 2015
5 seasons in the class.
Definitely moving up next year.

Herlings is 21. Born 94.
First year in Gps was 2010.
Won it 2012, 2013
7 seasons in clas
Jeffrey is going for 500 MX2 wins.
All of that is true, but i think you should mention the major injuries Herlings had in 2014 and in 2015. Because he would be on a 450 or 350 now without those injuries.
5/12/2016 2:43am
Crush wrote:
Martin is 23. Born 92. First year was 2012 outdoors. Won outdoor title 2014, 2015 5 seasons in the class. Definitely moving up next year. Herlings...
Martin is 23. Born 92.
First year was 2012 outdoors.
Won outdoor title 2014, 2015
5 seasons in the class.
Definitely moving up next year.

Herlings is 21. Born 94.
First year in Gps was 2010.
Won it 2012, 2013
7 seasons in clas
Jeffrey is going for 500 MX2 wins.
to be fair Herlings first year was not a full year
and 2014 and 2015 because of serious injury's
I personally think that Jeffrey made a good and wise decision in staying in lites this year considering he's coming back from a serious injury

built up stamina and speed again and then go battle with the big boys when you r 100% fit and Healthy
RG1
Posts
4664
Joined
7/12/2015
Location
GB
5/12/2016 2:52am
Moens_Andy wrote:
I've started this thread because i wanted to know why almost everyone thinks Herlings is and Martin is not, i dont think everyone needed it but...
I've started this thread because i wanted to know why almost everyone thinks Herlings is and Martin is not,

i dont think everyone needed it but i'm glad you think that way
It's been covered so many times. Niether of them are sandbagging. People just like to say Herlings is sandbagging, mainly to wind people up, but also because he's that much better than everyone else in MX2, and they choose to ignore the injuries he has had
Jrewing
Posts
2866
Joined
1/4/2014
Location
AU
5/12/2016 2:59am
Herlings is incredible to watch. The more a track requires standing the more his style shines. One of my favourites.
Look sandbagger up on wiki- has a picture of him staring back at you.
Plugga
Posts
634
Joined
3/30/2016
Location
Beanbag, QLD AU
5/12/2016 3:50am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 3:51am
We have been over this before. Herlings is not sandbagging. He is cherry picking! Blink

Or down this way, milking it.
Crush
Posts
20848
Joined
4/26/2009
Location
Sydney AU
5/12/2016 4:00am
Moens_Andy wrote:
to be fair Herlings first year was not a full year and 2014 and 2015 because of serious injury's I personally think that Jeffrey made a...
to be fair Herlings first year was not a full year
and 2014 and 2015 because of serious injury's
I personally think that Jeffrey made a good and wise decision in staying in lites this year considering he's coming back from a serious injury

built up stamina and speed again and then go battle with the big boys when you r 100% fit and Healthy
Martin's first year was a half year also, outdoors only, and he also didn't turn pro at 16, he waited a year.

I understand Herlings not moving up this year after two years of injury... I think he could have before though, and yeah he's young, but here's the thing that most people would calling him a sandbagger because of...he's been young and a minute out front for a long time.

You definitely can question if he's improving where he is... Is he getting stronger cruising around out front? Is he learning? Do what you like but it's not hard to see why people think he's cherry picking, he's got no comp.
JackLHyde
Posts
791
Joined
9/10/2006
Location
Nice Oak DE
5/12/2016 4:11am
Crush wrote:
Martin's first year was a half year also, outdoors only, and he also didn't turn pro at 16, he waited a year. I understand Herlings not...
Martin's first year was a half year also, outdoors only, and he also didn't turn pro at 16, he waited a year.

I understand Herlings not moving up this year after two years of injury... I think he could have before though, and yeah he's young, but here's the thing that most people would calling him a sandbagger because of...he's been young and a minute out front for a long time.

You definitely can question if he's improving where he is... Is he getting stronger cruising around out front? Is he learning? Do what you like but it's not hard to see why people think he's cherry picking, he's got no comp.
He may have his antics, but from a fans perspective he is an awesome rider. His riding style is great and he shows a lot of passion and heart.

My questions are: Is it his "fault" that he's winning by big margins quite often, or is it weak competition? There are so many class veterans (Tonkov, Anstie, ...) in MX2, why aren't they closer to him?

To me it seems he's pushing the whole race, trying to ride the best he can all the time. The others are broken mentally after 2 laps.

Get rid of the age rule and you have a couple 250 specialists giving him fits (Guillod, Tonus, ...).
WVUpetro2013
Posts
428
Joined
3/18/2015
Location
Hurricane, WV US
5/12/2016 4:20am
Two things from my perspective

1) Herlings will likely be compared to Rozcen for better or worse as far as time line of moving up. Not sure if Roczen pointed out of 250s but when he moved up he was considered a possible race winner.

2) I think it's safe to say the general opinion is that Herlings could contend for wins/championships in the 450 class in his first year. So that begs the question 'why race below your ability?'. Martin on the other hand, I do not believe the same general opinion is felt that he would contend for wins/championships in his first 450 year. While he is a great racer, he has not shown the domance in the class as Herlings has.

Just my opinion though.
rileymx
Posts
928
Joined
10/24/2007
Location
Azores islands PT
5/12/2016 4:24am
Herlings is so much better them all others, and by not being american and not wanting to race in América, people here on this forum just have to hate on him as much as possible....if he would race in America, he would became american, like ken and Marvin, and he would be the best in the world, but by keeping in mxgp and not wanting to move to "the States" never mind how good he is, he cant be the best in the world since he is racing outside of the world, the world can only hate on him for it.....
Aryen
Posts
826
Joined
9/1/2014
Location
Eindhoven NL
5/12/2016 4:33am
Crush wrote:
Martin is 23. Born 92. First year was 2012 outdoors. Won outdoor title 2014, 2015 5 seasons in the class. Definitely moving up next year. Herlings...
Martin is 23. Born 92.
First year was 2012 outdoors.
Won outdoor title 2014, 2015
5 seasons in the class.
Definitely moving up next year.

Herlings is 21. Born 94.
First year in Gps was 2010.
Won it 2012, 2013
7 seasons in clas
Jeffrey is going for 500 MX2 wins.
So apart from your exaggaration at the end, what's your point?
EEE299
Posts
418
Joined
8/21/2014
Location
NJ US
5/12/2016 4:40am
Two things from my perspective 1) Herlings will likely be compared to Rozcen for better or worse as far as time line of moving up. Not...
Two things from my perspective

1) Herlings will likely be compared to Rozcen for better or worse as far as time line of moving up. Not sure if Roczen pointed out of 250s but when he moved up he was considered a possible race winner.

2) I think it's safe to say the general opinion is that Herlings could contend for wins/championships in the 450 class in his first year. So that begs the question 'why race below your ability?'. Martin on the other hand, I do not believe the same general opinion is felt that he would contend for wins/championships in his first 450 year. While he is a great racer, he has not shown the domance in the class as Herlings has.

Just my opinion though.
I dont think either are sandbagging but I agree it has more to do with how they will compare once they move up. In this case if I was Herlings I would, and if I was Martin I would not. Not that there's anything with making the choice Herlings did... it was conservative and now he knows for sure hes gonna kill it on the 450.
UpTiTe
Posts
7128
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
CA US
5/12/2016 4:55am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 5:01am
Because ones a douchey Euro and the other is a clean cut American.
sende
Posts
2342
Joined
1/15/2013
Location
FI
5/12/2016 5:09am
Please stop with this subject already.
h&m_cycle
Posts
4412
Joined
2/23/2014
Location
Steubenville, OH US
5/12/2016 5:10am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 5:12am
Moens_Andy wrote:
you guys really should stop seeing things with double standards. i just want to know why you think Herlings is and why you think Martin is...
you guys really should stop seeing things with double standards.

i just want to know why you think Herlings is
and why you think Martin is not

if i remember correctly both of them r about the same age both have 2 championships and both have a factory contract

for those who like a shitstorm of double standards
ready set go
Huck may have a point... it doesn't matter and what if it did...

They'll both have 3 titles after this year... They're both getting paid to race 250's and win...

I would have no problem if Herlings never moved up... The 250 class is not the minor league, that's what the

amateurs are for... I'm jealous of Herlings Bank Account...

5/12/2016 5:12am
Imagine if Anstie was still on the same level as Herlings today. The battles would be sweet.
Crush
Posts
20848
Joined
4/26/2009
Location
Sydney AU
5/12/2016 5:14am
Aryen wrote:
So apart from your exaggaration at the end, what's your point?
Nothing, literally a comparison.... And whilst the number might be an exaggeration, it's definitely his aim, he's stated many times he wants the GP win record.

I don't know if he's got the MX2 GP win record yet, but i'd assume so.
Crush
Posts
20848
Joined
4/26/2009
Location
Sydney AU
5/12/2016 5:21am
rileymx wrote:
Herlings is so much better them all others, and by not being american and not wanting to race in América, people here on this forum just...
Herlings is so much better them all others, and by not being american and not wanting to race in América, people here on this forum just have to hate on him as much as possible....if he would race in America, he would became american, like ken and Marvin, and he would be the best in the world, but by keeping in mxgp and not wanting to move to "the States" never mind how good he is, he cant be the best in the world since he is racing outside of the world, the world can only hate on him for it.....
Woah woah woah.

It's not because he's not American. There are plenty of American, Aussie and French riders that loads of people think are a douchebag. Because they've done, in those people's view, douchey things. Herlings is definitely in the i've-done-douchey-things category.
DeStouwer
Posts
2553
Joined
2/17/2015
Location
BE
5/12/2016 5:25am
Aryen wrote:
So apart from your exaggaration at the end, what's your point?
Crush wrote:
Nothing, literally a comparison.... And whilst the number might be an exaggeration, it's definitely his aim, he's stated many times he wants the GP win record...
Nothing, literally a comparison.... And whilst the number might be an exaggeration, it's definitely his aim, he's stated many times he wants the GP win record.

I don't know if he's got the MX2 GP win record yet, but i'd assume so.
By far. He has won all his 54 GP's in MX2 and he's already fourth in the all-time GP wins list after Everts (101 wins), Cairoli (75 wins) and Smets (57 wins). When the season is over he will be in third.

Post a reply to: please explain why Herlings is sandbagging and Martin is not

The Latest

The Latest